Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,338 members, 7,836,406 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

Passengers Stranded As Aero Contractors Airlines Suspends Operation (photos) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Passengers Stranded As Aero Contractors Airlines Suspends Operation (photos) (27563 Views)

Aero Contractors Explains What Caused The Smoke On The PortHarcourt-Lagos Flight / Aero Contractors Airlines Resumes Scheduled Flight / Aero Contractors Airlines Nigeria Suspends Operation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Passengers Stranded As Aero Contractors Airlines Suspends Operation (photos) by Sulaimon01(m): 6:33pm On Aug 31, 2016
The way everyone is shouting Buhari Buhari Buhari, can't we just think?? Did this just start ? When we were importing everything and left agriculture we didn't know..... and a fall in global price of oil is seriously affecting our external reserves and of course currency strength we're now shouting Buhari , did he enjoy the imports alone?? Continue looking for white collar job and don't go back to agriculture and entrepreneurship and we've just started.

1 Like

Re: Passengers Stranded As Aero Contractors Airlines Suspends Operation (photos) by speak2me2015: 6:35pm On Aug 31, 2016
No wonder Mbaka said good luck will turn to bad luck. Its now am getting full understanding. Bad luck is here for Naija.
Re: Passengers Stranded As Aero Contractors Airlines Suspends Operation (photos) by fortunateice(m): 6:37pm On Aug 31, 2016
Definition of tyrant= buhari
Re: Passengers Stranded As Aero Contractors Airlines Suspends Operation (photos) by codedguy1(m): 6:38pm On Aug 31, 2016
hUmaneOne:
This this Buhari not impeachable?

That's the sad thing about us as a people. If anyone suggest impeachment now sentiments will follow, religious and tribal sentiments will fill the air and the main reason for the impeachment will be lost and we end up worse that where we are.

Most people who were running their mouths shouting sai baba have all gone quiet.
Re: Passengers Stranded As Aero Contractors Airlines Suspends Operation (photos) by cole265(m): 6:43pm On Aug 31, 2016
ancientbanana:
keep being deceived n deceiving urself

I really love to c how negative pple will manage when finally the govt get it right and things fall in place... citizens become patriotic, faithful, tolerant and avoid rebuff corruption. ...stable light, foreign investment, job, security, safety, respect for all etc. can not be achieved by magical means or mere Wishing. Total mind set change which require time, some pain and concerted effort. 1 love

1 Like

Re: Passengers Stranded As Aero Contractors Airlines Suspends Operation (photos) by Nobody: 6:43pm On Aug 31, 2016
If oyinbo science refuses to fly, African science is always available. Oya my Benin brothers and sisters where una dey? Business don show oo
Re: Passengers Stranded As Aero Contractors Airlines Suspends Operation (photos) by Nobody: 6:47pm On Aug 31, 2016
MEGAWATCH:
When I told some people that former President Jonathan will fail his second term election so many people called me names in this forum, now am telling people again that President Buhari will be chased out of office before 2019 by mass protest and I I expect people to call me names but definitely it will happen. Like play, like play....

It seems you do not understand the enormity of the situation, over 272 Foreign Manufacturing Companies have closed shop and left the country.. this is real sector component .. a Driving Factor in any developing economy that has been wiped out of Nigeria in less than a year. Local businesses are folding up left right and center, Banks sacking staff from low-grade to Manager level, Government workers are not paid for months and FG is borrowing to fund the national budget.. MTN and Airtel are in dire straits.. they are considering taxing end-users 10% on each call.. MR BIGGS the poor man's fastfood joint are selling 1 meat-pie for N250 and chicken part for N700.. Landlords are jerking up their rent for single rooms in Ijesha to N400 per year.. shared toilets and bathrooms.. this is Face-Me-I-Face-You.. 2014/2015 this was the price of a 3-bedroom flat in Aguda. Sun Hotels are leaving the formerly lucrative Hotel business to go back to South Africa. Palms Mall all over Lagos are witnessing far less crowds so much that shops are closing.. do you have to reach the bottom of the ocean to know that the Sea is WET.. open you eyes

There will be no Mass Protest.. the 98% poor of Nigeria will turn on the 1% working class and kill them for food and sustenance leaving the highly protected and wealthy 1% to leave the dying rotting country and return when the chaos recedes

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passengers Stranded As Aero Contractors Airlines Suspends Operation (photos) by Ofemmanu1: 6:57pm On Aug 31, 2016
omusiliyu:
During Buhari regime:

Emirate airway, the major airway contractor that connect the world left Nigeria in early 2016, Nigerians will need to go to Ghana first, in order to connect Emirate.

Lagos to New York is now $ 3000
That's over N1.2m!?
God punish APC
Re: Passengers Stranded As Aero Contractors Airlines Suspends Operation (photos) by slex(m): 6:59pm On Aug 31, 2016
Francon:
Why always Arik?

Did you read this post at all?

1 Like

Re: Passengers Stranded As Aero Contractors Airlines Suspends Operation (photos) by ancientbanana: 7:01pm On Aug 31, 2016
cole265:

I really love to c how negative pple will manage when finally the govt get it right and things fall in place... citizens become patriotic, faithful, tolerant and avoid rebuff corruption. ...stable light, foreign investment, job, security, safety, respect for all etc. can not be achieved by magical means or mere Wishing. Total mind set change which require time, some pain and concerted effort. 1 love
Lol. Cursed man is ruling dats y nigeria is in dis mes
Re: Passengers Stranded As Aero Contractors Airlines Suspends Operation (photos) by PaulIdu: 7:02pm On Aug 31, 2016
greenpasture:

Aero Contractors has two problems. None of them are connected to th government. AMCON invested N20 billion in the airline in 2010 and followed up with another N5 billion afterwards. None of this was in the lifetime of this government. Aero is burdened by huge debts, and cannot attract credit or refinancing. A lot of airline costs are in FX and Aero simply cannot cope.

The problem is linked to the failure of Oceanic Bank due to the colossal fraud in the bank by a shareholder in Aero, a member of the Ibru family. Secondly the same Ibru family are locked in a bitter court case that has led courts to freeze assets.

I am wondering what the Buhari government has to do with this situation. If Mama Sikira making puff, steals from her own company and can be longer afford to make puff. Must the Nigerian govt bail her out? Why should the rich get away with all manners of things just because they are wealthy and influential.

If this government were to bail out Aero over and above the N25 billion it has already put in, then Mama Sikira and all the Mama Sikira's of this world will March to Aso Rock to demand their share.

You may hate this government and it is your right to do so but stay with the facts. Your argument will be the stronger for it.

http://saharareporters.com/2010/10/08/former-md-oceanic-bank-cecilia-ibru-convicted-bank-fraud

Right now no reasonable govt will seat down and watch it's second biggest local carrier pack up when there are no alternatives to meet up the vacuum created by such an exit .Remember when Arik dis same some years ago the govt quickly rallied and made sure the didn't disrupt operations for any reason..America had to bail out the big Detroit companies with billions and billions of dollars not because they were afraid of them but just so they prevent that series of negative chain reactions that can hit the overall economy if such massive economic vacuum is created .. If Buhari is reasonable he will do all in his power and make sure Aero flies tomorrow's if it mean him handing over their assets to Airforce to run temporarily for a week till a proper shirt term or long term palliative solution is arrived at ..believe Arik and Air peace can't handle the fallout of the Aero exit tommorow ,there will be chaos and parallel black market for racketeered air tickets tomorrow. .bro this is no time to trade blame it's time for the govt to move swiftly and makes sure Aero flies tommorow

1 Like

Re: Passengers Stranded As Aero Contractors Airlines Suspends Operation (photos) by MEGAWATCH: 7:08pm On Aug 31, 2016
everydayperson:

It seems you do not understand the enormity of the situation, over 272 Foreign Manufacturing Companies have closed shop and left the country.. this is real sector component .. a Driving Factor in any developing economy that has been wiped out of Nigeria in less than a year. Local businesses are folding up left right and center, Banks sacking staff from low-grade to Manager level, Government workers are not paid for months and FG is borrowing to fund the national budget.. MTN and Airtel are in dire straits.. they are considering taxing end-users 10% on each call.. MR BIGGS the poor man's fastfood joint are selling 1 meat-pie for N250 and chicken part for N700.. Landlords are jerking up their rent for single rooms in Ijesha to N400 per year.. shared toilets and bathrooms.. this is Face-Me-I-Face-You.. 2014/2015 this was the price of a 3-bedroom flat in Aguda. Sun Hotels are leaving the formerly lucrative Hotel business to go back to South Africa. Palms Mall all over Lagos are witnessing far less crowds so much that shops are closing.. do you have to reach the bottom of the ocean to know that the Sea is WET.. open you eyes

There will be no Mass Protest.. the 98% poor of Nigeria will turn on the 1% working class and kill them for food and sustenance leaving the highly protected and wealthy 1% to leave the dying rotting country and return when the chaos recedes

Somebody told me that Nigerians will never cast a protest vote against PDD and Jonathan last year, just like you have said now. But don't worry, like I said earlier like play,like play.....
Re: Passengers Stranded As Aero Contractors Airlines Suspends Operation (photos) by thedarksider: 7:09pm On Aug 31, 2016
next!....you people with una travels sef...i hate aeroplanes with a passion...i never fly....soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!...

the palaver no concern me...!
Re: Passengers Stranded As Aero Contractors Airlines Suspends Operation (photos) by nefertitiram: 7:25pm On Aug 31, 2016
redcap:
Where are the likes of aieromon,nefertitiram and co.

Am I an Ibru?
Re: Passengers Stranded As Aero Contractors Airlines Suspends Operation (photos) by ABEngine(m): 7:47pm On Aug 31, 2016
greenpasture:

Aero Contractors has two problems. None of them are connected to th government. AMCON invested N20 billion in the airline in 2010 and followed up with another N5 billion afterwards. None of this was in the lifetime of this government. Aero is burdened by huge debts, and cannot attract credit or refinancing. A lot of airline costs are in FX and Aero simply cannot cope.

The problem is linked to the failure of Oceanic Bank due to the colossal fraud in the bank by a shareholder in Aero, a member of the Ibru family. Secondly the same Ibru family are locked in a bitter court case that has led courts to freeze assets.

I am wondering what the Buhari government has to do with this situation. If Mama Sikira making puff, steals from her own company and can be longer afford to make puff. Must the Nigerian govt bail her out? Why should the rich get away with all manners of things just because they are wealthy and influential.

If this government were to bail out Aero over and above the N25 billion it has already put in, then Mama Sikira and all the Mama Sikira's of this world will March to Aso Rock to demand their share.

You may hate this government and it is your right to do so but stay with the facts. Your argument will be the stronger for it.

http://saharareporters.com/2010/10/08/former-md-oceanic-bank-cecilia-ibru-convicted-bank-fraud

1. I do honestly appreciate your sense of literature, and that of its embedded diversion and deceit.

2. How has Mama Sikira managed to stay afloat before obtaining FX became a myth in this dispensation?

3. Do you also realize she most definitely couldn't cope with the soaring cost of groundnut oil, sugar, flour and associated cost of transportation which had increased amidst a declining spending (investing) habits of her patrons (Foriegn investors).

4. Having been grossly indebted to Iya Meji to that worrisome value, coupled with the current unfavourable atmosphere for businesses, puff puff can no longer be made and logically should be discontinued. As any perceived price increase would further deplete her client base.

It's this not troubling enough dear mai CHAINge to triple the woes of Mama Sikira?
Re: Passengers Stranded As Aero Contractors Airlines Suspends Operation (photos) by fidkaitoo: 7:52pm On Aug 31, 2016
This problem should be solved immediately ooo
Re: Passengers Stranded As Aero Contractors Airlines Suspends Operation (photos) by Ugosample(m): 7:52pm On Aug 31, 2016
redcap:
Ugosample was right all along.
LMAOO Wahala has not started in the country yet... e remain small.
Re: Passengers Stranded As Aero Contractors Airlines Suspends Operation (photos) by tete7000(m): 7:54pm On Aug 31, 2016
Jhuniyour:
Make una use bus. Nothing go happen.

Shebi when Buhari enter some of una choose to trek.

Those who trekked then don't have problem any longer, they can now trek for the rest of their lives. They have enough people joining them to trek since that seems to be the next option for many Nigerians.
By the way where is Obasanjo that once claimed we are seeing Nigeria of our dream under Buhari? Shey this is Nigeria of his grand parents' dream? Confused elders.

1 Like

Re: Passengers Stranded As Aero Contractors Airlines Suspends Operation (photos) by MadCow1: 8:15pm On Aug 31, 2016
I still have an uu-used Aero ticket.. I wonder if I can get a refund.
Re: Passengers Stranded As Aero Contractors Airlines Suspends Operation (photos) by Nobody: 8:37pm On Aug 31, 2016
I love Aero, a very customer friendly airline with cheap rates for early bookers on their friendly site...

If this airline goes down, i wonder what remainns..
Re: Passengers Stranded As Aero Contractors Airlines Suspends Operation (photos) by lordkhalifa(m): 8:40pm On Aug 31, 2016
saints2:
Nigeria’s second largest commercial carrier, Aero Contractors Airlines, today announced that they have suspended scheduled services. In a statement released by the carrier’s management, it was stated that the airline had faced grave challenges in the past six months which impacted its business and scheduled services operations. The suspension of their scheduled services was part of a strategic business realignment to reposition the airline and return it to profitability.

Although the carrier claimed that the suspension starts from tomorrow, aggrieved passengers reached out to, revealing that their Aero flights were cancelled early today without any warning.

According to some passengers, flights are still being booked and paid for online, but on arrival at the terminal, you would be informed that they are not flying.

Another stranded passenger however revealed that although customers were stranded for hours and Aero staffs initially disappeared, they have started refunding money back.

Source:
http://www.ajayiwrites.com/2016/08/passengers-stranded-as-aero-contractors.html
Doghari is working.... so so happy some of this guys campaign for APC let's enjoy the chain mantra to the fullest
Re: Passengers Stranded As Aero Contractors Airlines Suspends Operation (photos) by Nobody: 8:47pm On Aug 31, 2016
ABEngine:

1. I do honestly appreciate your sense of literature, and that of its embedded diversion and deceit.

2. How has Mama Sikira managed to stay afloat before obtaining FX became a myth in this dispensation?

3. Do you also realize she most definitely couldn't cope with the soaring cost of groundnut oil, sugar, flour and associated cost of transportation which had increased amidst a declining spending (investing) habits of her patrons (Foriegn investors).

4. Having been grossly indebted to Iya Meji to that worrisome value, coupled with the current unfavourable atmosphere for businesses, puff puff can no longer be made and logically should be discontinued. As any perceived price increase would further deplete her client base.

It's this not troubling enough dear mai CHAINge to triple the woes of Mama Sikira?

In my illustration Mama Sikira stole from her own business. Exactly what happened with the Ibru's in this case Cecilia Ibru to be exact. . What has this to do with the price of raw materials? If raw material prices go up, Mama Sikira will adjust her prices. It is competition and service quality that will determine her future not an indulgent government that will continue doling out money to support her habit. Simple economics 101.

Continuing with this line of argument will only expose what you don't know.
Re: Passengers Stranded As Aero Contractors Airlines Suspends Operation (photos) by Nobody: 8:50pm On Aug 31, 2016
ABEngine:

In my illustration Mama Sikira stole from her own business. Mama Sikira was the largest shareholder in an enterprise and only lost majority shareholding because of her kleptomania, not because of any government. Exactly what happened with the Ibru's in this case Cecilia Ibru to be exact. . What has this to do with the price of raw materials? If raw material prices go up, Mama Sikira will adjust her prices. It is competition and service quality that will determine her businesses future not an indulgent government that will continue doling out money to support her habit. Simple economics 101.

Re: Passengers Stranded As Aero Contractors Airlines Suspends Operation (photos) by manny4life(m): 9:23pm On Aug 31, 2016
greenpasture:

In my illustration Mama Sikira stole from her own business. Mama Sikira was the largest shareholder in an enterprise and only lost majority shareholding because of her kleptomania, not because of any government. Exactly what happened with the Ibru's in this case Cecilia Ibru to be exact. . What has this to do with the price of raw materials? If raw material prices go up, Mama Sikira will adjust her prices. It is competition and service quality that will determine her businesses future not an indulgent government that will continue doling out money to support her habit. Simple economics 101.

Sir, I do not agree with your logic, you mentioned competition and service quality (supply), what you failed to address is the demand aspect. Regardless of service quality, if a price of product has increased by 300%, yet income remains constant (no change) or even negative change, how are you supposed to afford that product even if the product is top notch? Example, you're earning x amount of income (no change), if the cost of boarding a bus is N100, and an air conditioned bus comes around (top service) charging N300, are you likely to board the bus or trek? Your guess is as good as mine. In this case, our Purchasing Power has seriously declined, which translates why Nigeria is no longer the Africa's destination for investment. What is killing Nigerian businesses is not because they can't compete, on the contrary, Nigerian are known for competition. What's hurting them is the ability to compete.

You can't compete when

a.) Access to foreign exchange is really limited because of i) the current exchange is highly unfavorable, ii) and even IF businesses wanted to bear the FX cost, the system has placed a cap and an undue process to transact globally.

b.) The required infrastructure necessary to compete is lacking. Was it not two days ago that Murtala Muhammad Airport was in darkness. The Aviation sector all around is in total collapse. Few days ago, 9 banks were sanctioned because they refused to remit their monies. Yes we may say it served them right, do you have any idea the effect of this sanction?

c.) We have unfriendly govt/fiscal policies. I don't even want to delve into this but you and I know very well this dealt a severe blow to our economy. Buhari has finally plunged us into full scale recession, it would take a lot of hard work and commitment to get us out of this mess.

1 Like

Re: Passengers Stranded As Aero Contractors Airlines Suspends Operation (photos) by Bifwoli: 9:34pm On Aug 31, 2016
Next in line ....AeroBuhari will crash and fold up business operations thereby terminating its stinky contract with Nigerian voters.

Buhari change is coming.
Re: Passengers Stranded As Aero Contractors Airlines Suspends Operation (photos) by crisycent: 9:46pm On Aug 31, 2016
Sai mumu grin grin
Re: Passengers Stranded As Aero Contractors Airlines Suspends Operation (photos) by Ussyberry(m): 10:38pm On Aug 31, 2016
jennybright:
Our help is in the name of the LORD... Who made heaven and earth

Amen!!!
Re: Passengers Stranded As Aero Contractors Airlines Suspends Operation (photos) by uvalued(m): 4:34am On Sep 01, 2016
ishiamu:
buhari the greatest magician of our time.... over to the zombies defend him.... most of yall are even getting smaller day by day... hehehe..
Re: Passengers Stranded As Aero Contractors Airlines Suspends Operation (photos) by uvalued(m): 4:34am On Sep 01, 2016
NameChecker:
How APC supporters walked out of thread after reading this

Re: Passengers Stranded As Aero Contractors Airlines Suspends Operation (photos) by zoomman(m): 7:03am On Sep 01, 2016
sofiabelgrade:
Na night bus levels now.
As he dey hot, but the fear of Night Bus now is the beginning of wisdom self coz of the high rate of road accident Lately, it's scary embarassed
Re: Passengers Stranded As Aero Contractors Airlines Suspends Operation (photos) by Nobody: 8:32am On Sep 01, 2016
manny4life:

Sir, I do not agree with your logic, you mentioned competition and service quality (supply), what you failed to address is the demand aspect. Regardless of service quality, if a price of product has increased by 300%, yet income remains constant (no change) or even negative change, how are you supposed to afford that product even if the product is top notch? Example, you're earning x amount of income (no change), if the cost of boarding a bus is N100, and an air conditioned bus comes around (top service) charging N300, are you likely to board the bus or trek? Your guess is as good as mine. In this case, our Purchasing Power has seriously declined, which translates why Nigeria is no longer the Africa's destination for investment. What is killing Nigerian businesses is not because they can't compete, on the contrary, Nigerian are known for competition. What's hurting them is the ability to compete.

You can't compete when

a.) Access to foreign exchange is really limited because of i) the current exchange is highly unfavorable, ii) and even IF businesses wanted to bear the FX cost, the system has placed a cap and an undue process to transact globally.

b.) The required infrastructure necessary to compete is lacking. Was it not two days ago that Murtala Muhammad Airport was in darkness. The Aviation sector all around is in total collapse. Few days ago, 9 banks were sanctioned because they refused to remit their monies. Yes we may say it served them right, do you have any idea the effect of this sanction?

c.) We have unfriendly govt/fiscal policies. I don't even want to delve into this but you and I know very well this dealt a severe blow to our economy. Buhari has finally plunged us into full scale recession, it would take a lot of hard work and commitment to get us out of this mess.

I run four businesses so believe me when I say things are challenging but not impossible. A school a farm ( new) a law firm and a business incubatorThe key is flexibility and the ability to pivot. Many businesses have structural problems that have been covered up by revenue. The bill is now due. Some businesses will have to close shop. The ability to pivot is the key. Nigeria is not the only country in the world to have problems of this nature and it won't be the last.

When cheap Asian textiles and a strong pound weakened the UK textiles industry many went underground but I learnt a great lesson from John Brooke & Sons holdings ( started 1526) they exited the textile industry and focused on the very things needed for those times, cheap but good office space and accommodation. Today the business is in its 15th generation. This is a quote from one of the sons that really addresses things " "...my father saved the business by not spending our last dime and keeping a nest egg that was to finance our redevelopment ( from textiles) into a business Park from 1988 to the present" (p69 " Centuries of Success by William T. O'Hara) many businesses in nigeria use their revenue to finance a larger than life lifestyle and then begin weeping when hard times come. Instead of putting up their hands, they blame government and anybody but themselves.

Why do you think you don't see businesses that are more than three generations old in nigeria? It is because many business men ( most) cannot handle transitions; whether economic or family based. At the base of any business is its supporting ecosystem of family, client and supporters. The nature of the relationships forged in good times will see one through the bad times. No business in the world goes through uninterrupted growth. It must of necessity experience one or more negative economic cycles. How it survives is entirely due to how it was built.

I am not just talking it, I am living it. I don't have lots of money but I have high school fee requirement, infrastructural and recurrent monthly costs. You don't want to see my bills. But negative thinking won't solve anything. I wager that anyone focused on politics - supporting one party over the other at this time will see their businesses crumble. The brain can only do so much. I have made the decision to own the times we live in and to thrive through it. Sure I have my views but I don't let those views limit my search for value and opportunity even in these times.

Businesses need to reposition themselves. Those that cant will go out of business and the resources they have will move to more efficient and innovative Enterprises.

This is a good moment believe me. Old wealth is giving way to to new wealth. A generation is giving way to the new though you have to look hard to see it. The fact that we have all benefited from old wealth is no reason to not acknowledge it's burial and move on into the future.
Re: Passengers Stranded As Aero Contractors Airlines Suspends Operation (photos) by Okundaye4(m): 8:34am On Sep 01, 2016
OK NA

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Flood Ravages Imo, Orsu Obodo, Oguta. 60 Homes Submerged (photos) / Sights & Sounds Of Obollo Afor In Enugu State: Pictures & Video / A Trip To Ogbunike Cave, Anambra State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.