Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,664 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

Satchie Emmanuel Etoromi: "Return My Son’s Body For Proper Burial, Stella Oduah" - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Satchie Emmanuel Etoromi: "Return My Son’s Body For Proper Burial, Stella Oduah" (56279 Views)

"Chinedu My Son Was Killed" - Satchie Emmanuel Etoromi / Tuoyo Etoromi Oduah: "My Father Busy Seeking Attention" / Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi's Death: Wrong Medication Killed Stella Oduah's Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Satchie Emmanuel Etoromi: "Return My Son’s Body For Proper Burial, Stella Oduah" by delishpot: 7:21am On Sep 01, 2016
OMAR12:
Mr.man weather he was there ooo or not, tradition is tradition, respect the tradition and ignore the personality, the man is not talking about weather he was there or not.

Well, you are right. Her people should have sent message to him to inform him about his sons death. Not much about tradition, (Bleep tradition if it did not support me when I need it but is being used to make me go out of my way to please someone) it's just he is the father, if he was abusive towards the child, if he was making the child's life miserable, then I may excuse her anger and action in her time of sorrow. Until we lose someone, we may not know how we would react when we see their abusers.
We may never know what transpired between the man and Stella, many things happen in naija homes, some naija men have this stupid believe that they can neglect their kids for years and in future the kids after being through thick and thing in life would trace them back. Thus they just ignore the mental and emotional well being of their kids. Until someone does it to you, you will never underatand the hurt and the pain.
But, if all was well and the man was not a bad father, and he always tried to see his kids but is prevented from doing so by his ex, then what she did was very very wrong.
Its her people I blame, they should know that Stella is in a very fragile state, they should have looked for a way to send someone to tell the father about his sons death. They should know better

1 Like

Re: Satchie Emmanuel Etoromi: "Return My Son’s Body For Proper Burial, Stella Oduah" by josite: 7:24am On Sep 01, 2016
some fathers self.stumbled acros a guy whom i suspect by his name combination must be fathered by someone i used to know and d boy confirmed my suspicion but told me he only speak to his dad and rarely sees him.i wasnt shocked when he later told me his parents are seperated.i think this man must be an absentee father who was never a force to be reckoned with in the life of the late son named WERE.He is just trying to make a capital out of the whole unfortunate issue.like someone said,maybe stella didnt bother hm cus the were son was never his in the first place.
Re: Satchie Emmanuel Etoromi: "Return My Son’s Body For Proper Burial, Stella Oduah" by delishpot: 7:32am On Sep 01, 2016
cococandy:
it is also traditon to care about and provide for your children.

Gbam.
Re: Satchie Emmanuel Etoromi: "Return My Son’s Body For Proper Burial, Stella Oduah" by Nobody: 7:37am On Sep 01, 2016
OMAR12:
biko biko biko she should do the right thing ooo, the man should be buried at his fathers place. that is the tradition understood by both ethnicity, the royal father ought to understand most, as he is one of the custodians of Igbo traditions, he should reply without sentiment.

your submission is based on sentiment rather than tradition...why did she leave her ""superior ""tradition and marry from the "inferior" one, if you're invited as one of the mediators is this the best that will come out from you? ?

nwa ne giria nwayo na ihe ina ko esoro

omechiri anya oge oji ga nuo onye mba

bro, sorry it was the other guy i wanted to quote who is taking anyhow
Re: Satchie Emmanuel Etoromi: "Return My Son’s Body For Proper Burial, Stella Oduah" by judemmesoma(m): 8:03am On Sep 01, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
oduah better do normal before warri people change am for am...money is not everything
......first of all u will ask d man of he knows d boy in person,u don't ask of ur son and u want to bury him rubbish

1 Like

Re: Satchie Emmanuel Etoromi: "Return My Son’s Body For Proper Burial, Stella Oduah" by babyfaceafrica: 8:10am On Sep 01, 2016
judemmesoma:
......first of all u will ask d man of he knows d boy in person,u don't ask of ur son and u want to bury him rubbish

doesn't matter,he is the father!!...tradition cannot be jettison for sentiments....the child is dead,let the normal thing be done...capish!!
Re: Satchie Emmanuel Etoromi: "Return My Son’s Body For Proper Burial, Stella Oduah" by Mimidiva(f): 9:21am On Sep 01, 2016
NwaNimo1:
The gods will be angry if she doesn't do the right thing and transfer the body to Warri/Delta.....
exactly what i wanted to write, in my place, the consequences will befall the woman, she will come back to beg later, a son for that
Re: Satchie Emmanuel Etoromi: "Return My Son’s Body For Proper Burial, Stella Oduah" by odomanis: 10:05am On Sep 01, 2016
kokoA:
I need to hear Madam's version of the story first. Haba! How can he say he learnt about his son's death on the media I don't think that's true. Having said that, the guy was 28, meaning he was a grown man. It is only proper to bury him in his father's house. There's no two ways about that. Madam's father who happens to be a traditional ruler should know this.

Let us not run fast to judge without hearing the other side of the story. Some questions need to be answered: Why was Princess Stella having custody of the son ? Until 13 years ago when the boy was 15,was Stella powerful enough to overpower a Lt.Col father? So why did she keep the boy? Did the father accept or reject the son at separation ? If you reject a son when he was alive, is it right to claim him when he is dead ? Why did a 28 year old boy(man) remain with the mother when the father was still alive ? Why didn't Stella change the boys surname to hers, instead allow him to still answer the father's name ? please let us get these details before passing judgement.

1 Like

Re: Satchie Emmanuel Etoromi: "Return My Son’s Body For Proper Burial, Stella Oduah" by JUBILEE2000: 10:10am On Sep 01, 2016
ogmask:
Possible chief etoromi is not the boys father. She may have done the right thing to the poor lad in death by returning him to his true root.
With the way the woman dey divorce and remarry, she is capable of giving Paul's child to Peter.

My N6 contribution.

Kai!!!! mehn you wicked no be small...see lashing!!!
Re: Satchie Emmanuel Etoromi: "Return My Son’s Body For Proper Burial, Stella Oduah" by dasparrow: 10:13am On Sep 01, 2016
ensamy:
This same behaviour is been faced by all Naija men in U.S.A whose wives are nurses there. As they are making more money than thier husbands them don pursue thier husbands out of the houses finish. Imagine person wey you come carry for naija enter yankee she go pursue for your own house. Stella Oduah na them be that.

It serves such kind of Naija men right. Dem no see woman for America marry? They thought going to Nigeria to marry a docile woman they can turn into a doormat will solve their problem. Besides, what stops the Nigerian man from going to school and studying nursing so that he too can earn a very good salary? No be the same brain wey God give woman him give man? Nigerian men think they can import their cash cows from Nigeria, lol. However, when their imported wives get to America, their eyes open very fast and they quickly realize that they have basic human rights which they never had in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Satchie Emmanuel Etoromi: "Return My Son’s Body For Proper Burial, Stella Oduah" by OMAR12: 10:22am On Sep 01, 2016
eyinjuege:

When I first read the story that she didn't tell the boy's father of his death, I felt outraged.
But on deeper thought, she has just lost a grown child who was apparently well unexpectedly.
I'm sure she is still in shock, and probably might not even know what's happening around her. You can bet she's not in charge of the funeral, but probably the boy's younger ones/cousins and the youths around them.
However, even if she's excused because of the fresh tragedy and grief, those around her should have thought of the boy's father, and given him a call.
But, let's even assume the Oduahs were useless with no regard for anyone,
Again, if one hears such a news in the media, which initially sounded like a rumour, the initial thing the father should have done was to call Stella, or anybody in her family. I would have expected him to send his people, younger than him to go to Stella's people and find out the truth if he was truly dead, and what caused his death. They would have talked about the burial and the arrangements to be made from their side even if it means transporting the dead body back to his father by themselves. The father shouldn't have waited, and left them to probably send the corpse to him. His people should have done that.
If however they went and were turned back by Stella's people, that's another story entirely.
call who knows if he did, who knows if he had the current number of a serving senator, we all know how break up works. I mean a 28 year old from a poor or mid class is out hustling they hardly call pop and same could be said for pop toward the boy, 28 year old is not a child he must have been in the know of what happened BTW his dad and mom, one with a liberal mind would try to settle the issue on ground. like I said I don't base my judgment on assumption for there is a lot to be assumed, with the detail on ground, it quiet clear she didn't inform him probably she doesnt have his number anymore, even that it won't cos her anything to send someone down to the Mans village to inform them, am sure someone in his village can get the msg to him, BT that me assuming again. those saying bleep tradition, traditions are laid down rules/ laws which existed way before we were born, while some have consequences others don't. am still of the motion that they should follow tradition. they are not the first neither will they be the last.
Re: Satchie Emmanuel Etoromi: "Return My Son’s Body For Proper Burial, Stella Oduah" by dasparrow: 10:22am On Sep 01, 2016
OMAR12:
Mr.man weather he was there ooo or not, tradition is tradition, respect the tradition and ignore the personality, the man is not talking about weather he was there or not.

Forget tradition! who tradition don epp? That is why Nigeria is backward as hell due to primitive traditions that help no one. If this man played no active role in the upbringing of his son, then he has no right to determine where his son should be buried. It is that simple. After all, where was he when his son was lying sick in the hospital? The man was just a sperm donor and nothing more. If Stella had not provided for their son, maybe the boy wouldn't have lived to be 28 years old even. If the dead could speak, I am sure the boy will demand he be buried in Anambra instead of his absentee father's hometown.

1 Like

Re: Satchie Emmanuel Etoromi: "Return My Son’s Body For Proper Burial, Stella Oduah" by aviazuva: 10:23am On Sep 01, 2016
Now this one is bad Madam.
Please do the needful.
Re: Satchie Emmanuel Etoromi: "Return My Son’s Body For Proper Burial, Stella Oduah" by OMAR12: 10:32am On Sep 01, 2016
dasparrow:

Forget tradition! who tradition don epp? That is why Nigeria is backward as hell due to primitive traditions that help no one. If this man played no active role in the upbringing of his son, then he has no right to determine where his son should be buried. It is that simple. After all, where was he when his son was lying sick in the hospital? The man was just a sperm donor and nothing more. If Stella had not provided for their son, maybe the boy wouldn't have lived to be 28 years old even. If the dead could speak, I am sure the boy will demand he be buried in Anambra instead of his absentee father's hometown.
the reason why nigeria is so backward is not because of tradition Mr man. china japan Denmark and the likes still maintain their tradition and they are doing well, they even make money out of it. so blame ur corrupt government and stay away from abusing the way of some people, assumption again what if the boy where to be staying with his father before he died, am sure ur argument will be against Stella, like I will always say leave assumption for u might be wrong and go with the fact on ground, the boy in question is an itshekiri man, and there was not it was written that he should be buried in anambra, if he is not happy with his father and never wanted anything to do with him in the first place, he should have dropped the surname and anything related to him.
Re: Satchie Emmanuel Etoromi: "Return My Son’s Body For Proper Burial, Stella Oduah" by KardinalZik(m): 11:10am On Sep 01, 2016
Eiya.....

Wetin the man been dey do before?

How will he allow someone of that age to be with a callous woman?
Re: Satchie Emmanuel Etoromi: "Return My Son’s Body For Proper Burial, Stella Oduah" by amliftedhigher: 11:37am On Sep 01, 2016
That is why I hate that word divorce..... But wait oh were was this man when the son was hospitalized? Were he in good terms with his children? If yes why didn't they contact him when the son was sick? Did he help to train them?
Re: Satchie Emmanuel Etoromi: "Return My Son’s Body For Proper Burial, Stella Oduah" by outseba(m): 12:59pm On Sep 01, 2016
Businessideas:

That man is just being ridiculous, he heard his son died and sat down in Warri writing stupid letters.Who should be in Abuja since the death occurred. Who should even be waiting at the morque or in front of Stella's gate.
He's just disgracing himself and the itshekiri.The death of this child is a bereavement,he should keep quiet.
I won't be surprised if he last saw his late son or father in law long time ago. This is a valuable lesson to men who think that because they are separated from their wives now abandon their responsibilities or don't keep in touch with their children or their ex in-laws

correct bro. it's wise we see dis from both sides. the man in question may not have been there for the child in question for decades. why not keep in touch? he may have shelved responsibility all these while. no one knows so let's not judge yet.
it's just a lesson to be learnt. divorce doesn't mean absence of responsibility. if he was still close to d children maybe it wouldn't have been like dis.
meanwhile RIP to the dead, pity young life cut @ it's prime.
RIP, AMEN.

2 Likes

Re: Satchie Emmanuel Etoromi: "Return My Son’s Body For Proper Burial, Stella Oduah" by Cromagnon: 10:18pm On Sep 01, 2016
wagazala:

Imagine your download stopping at 99%. Na then you go sabi say 1% get power. grin
money will solve that issue
anyproblem money can't solve it's only God

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fulani Movement For Peter Obi In Plateau March(photos) / I Won’t Refund Cost Of Flyovers To Rivers – Tinubu Tells Wike / Fani-Kayode Reacts To Trump's Appointment Of Adebayo Ogunlesi, A Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.