Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,506 members, 7,865,128 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 12:47 PM

The Case Of Nigerian Investors The Political Angle - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Case Of Nigerian Investors The Political Angle (613 Views)

Buhari: We'll Tell Investors The Truth About Our Economy / Let's Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle / Photo Of What Happened In Lagos Recently: Political Angle To Ritualism? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Case Of Nigerian Investors The Political Angle by alpacinoO: 11:12am On Oct 03, 2009
The case of Nigerian investors sound like a topic I would want to adopt for this article.
They saw it coming and had to devise through the acceptance of some people in position of authority, they had to rob you and I of our investments.
Some analysts once said that Nigeria was immune from the global economic crisis and I quite believe this as the way and manner the system was been run had shown that the nation was held up in crisis before the advent of the global meltdown, so to speak this wasn’t news to Nigerians.
Then came those who saw that the benefit of those that invested in the last three years would be great and manipulated the entire system so as to deprive us of our gains.
They gave bad loans, gave false reports which was accepted by the agencies set up by government to regulate the industry, CBN, NDIC, SEC, NSE et al and the independent auditors also accredited cooked books hence the true status of institutions was hidden to the true investors.
The noise circulating in all quarters and the way and manner the situation was handled also did damage to these investments and they fell sharply in prices which is good news to these cabals.
Now the order of the day after eroding people’s investment is for companies to come out boldly during their AGMs to seek the permission of their duped shareholders to raise funds. What manner of insult and what happened to our previous investment we earned at a costly price? I need to also say that our money which was stolen from us in the form of bad debts, mismanagement, lobbies, extravagant life styles etc would once again find it way into the country as foreign investors’ funds and buy at a cheap price what you and I “the true investors” labored to buy.
I remembered that 1st banks’ offer was in the region of #30, African petroleum in the region of #250, Zenith bank in the region of #30, Intercontinental bank in the region of #13 etc.
Indeed as a true investor I have concluded that for those of us that invested in the last 3 years, these elements have deprived us of our gain and I would have instituted a legal action against them, the system/ government if indeed we were running a legitimate system of government.

Our loss has been your gain, but for those of you that stole from us, you are but mere thieves.

(1) (Reply)

Shocking ! 27 Year Old Man Killed By Nigerian Police / Niger Delta Youths Angry Over Amnesty For Militants / Aondoakaa’s Desperation To Net Ribadu Leads To Embarrassing Moment In Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.