Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,002 members, 7,849,036 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 01:42 PM

Kunle Afolayan Explains To Mark Zuckerberg Challenges Faced By Nollywood (video) - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kunle Afolayan Explains To Mark Zuckerberg Challenges Faced By Nollywood (video) (20458 Views)

Kunle Afolayan Teaches His Son How To Pound Yam / Photos From Candlelight Procession For Aisha Abimbola By Nollywood Actors / Ali Baba As MC At Fatima Dangote’s Wedding: The Challenges Faced By The Comedian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kunle Afolayan Explains To Mark Zuckerberg Challenges Faced By Nollywood (video) by Nobody: 12:37pm On Sep 01, 2016
geostrata:
wise man..are there not tech quru's and app developers in nigeria that can do that for him? na inferiority complex dy worry am!!!

I tell you bro!...Jst as someone as said, of all the internet and cyber guru's we av here in Nigeria. He couldn't just hide his nervousness of meeting Mark, so he had to come up with something. A big slap on our Computer and electrical engineers nd oda engineers in d field.
Re: Kunle Afolayan Explains To Mark Zuckerberg Challenges Faced By Nollywood (video) by riddler4real(m): 12:48pm On Sep 01, 2016
timidapsin:
Nollywood Actor and Filmmaker, Kunle Afolayan explaining the challenges faced by Nigeria filmmakers to the Facebook founder, Mark Zuckerberg after his meeting with the Nollywood members in Lagos, Nigeria
Watch! below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9Mpyaufugo

Watch directly from youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9Mpyaufugo

Yeye man!!
Re: Kunle Afolayan Explains To Mark Zuckerberg Challenges Faced By Nollywood (video) by Originalsly: 12:57pm On Sep 01, 2016
charix:
Mark came to study enterpreneurs(of which Afolayan is one) and tech startups. Afolayan knows very well Mark can fund his business as the government has failed in seeing it as a potential investment opportunity. If I recall correctly Kunle has made it known once he reached out to Mark for investment in form of capital. His coming only gave a second chance to ask physically.

I swear, some nairalanders are less intelligent than a door knob -- unfortunately these are the most vocal posters.
Mark giving Kunle money to produce a movie makes him a foreign investor. He can gift the money but being the business man he is, would rather invest it into a nollywood project.
I don't understand why people expect the FG to invest in or fund Nollywood. Would you expect the FG to fund/invest in your shoe business? Hollywood is or was never funded by the FG.
@topic.... there is no app nor way to prevent piracy....Mark can't help him on that. What he should be doing is getting a sit down with the FG ...not Mark.... to legislate and enforce copyright and antipiracy laws. Look and learn.... that's what Hollywood did to crack down on piracy in the US... moving piracy to a felony... caught selling a pirated copyrighted dvd?.... jail time and/$25k fine.... pirated DVD s became very scarce overnight. Nollywood need to get their act together first...still creeping stage.
Re: Kunle Afolayan Explains To Mark Zuckerberg Challenges Faced By Nollywood (video) by diegwu01: 1:01pm On Sep 01, 2016
Mark repeatedly said in his town hall meeting that he was interested in Nollywood, wasn't surprised he met them the very next day
Re: Kunle Afolayan Explains To Mark Zuckerberg Challenges Faced By Nollywood (video) by mpowa(m): 1:12pm On Sep 01, 2016
Hysmady:
Wetin concern akara with burger...Zuckerberg meeting is supposed to be with it techies,bloggers,web developers,app developers and it's counterparts...Been seeing the opposite like musicians,comedians,video directors,photographers...
like seriously
You people should learn to follow happenings thoroughly that's why you miss opportunities, Mark's mission to Nigeria is not only to developers but also to entrepreneurs, especially in areas where Nigeria is well known for round the globe,the entertainment industry; Nollywood, music etc.

Facebook majorly makes money from advertising to businesses and Nollywood is a big business in Nigeria, he needs to know how to serve them better.

1 Like

Re: Kunle Afolayan Explains To Mark Zuckerberg Challenges Faced By Nollywood (video) by Fidelismaria: 1:21pm On Sep 01, 2016
Mark Again Am Outta Ere Lemme Know When He Don Comot

1 Like

Re: Kunle Afolayan Explains To Mark Zuckerberg Challenges Faced By Nollywood (video) by Laido: 1:28pm On Sep 01, 2016
sukkot:
like this white nigga cares about nollywood. when will this son of oduduwa receive sense na ?

As in, I'm not understanding. Nah only Nollywood dey get problem ni? The guy has traveled to so many countries, No 1 disturb am, not even their celeb. The guy coming to 9ja is like coming to Africa, cuz we currently reppin the rest. Now, them go dey tell us our OT is low, this and that we go con dey shame.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kunle Afolayan Explains To Mark Zuckerberg Challenges Faced By Nollywood (video) by jayAjoku(m): 1:29pm On Sep 01, 2016
Mark Zuckerberg be like nna guy i came for programmers not nollywood biko wait till steven Spielberg or george lucas come
Re: Kunle Afolayan Explains To Mark Zuckerberg Challenges Faced By Nollywood (video) by Laido: 1:31pm On Sep 01, 2016
Jay542:

Lmao. Or make he go complain to Obama. I'm sure Mark go dey like " which kain wahala be this One" grin
Naso bro .. I see, the guy they laugh around. Them no sabi wetin hin dey laugh for. Like make the guy give them money, nah him them they hope. Like somethin Million or billion dollar. Ah ah!
Re: Kunle Afolayan Explains To Mark Zuckerberg Challenges Faced By Nollywood (video) by Nobody: 1:56pm On Sep 01, 2016
Nigerians can't stop falling my hand,who is this mark?that has solutions to all our problems,see as all our local champions,oops did I say that out loud?all our local celebrities clinching to him as if .........
Re: Kunle Afolayan Explains To Mark Zuckerberg Challenges Faced By Nollywood (video) by diegwu01: 3:17pm On Sep 01, 2016
euromilion:
Nigerians can't stop falling my hand,who is this mark?that has solutions to all our problems,see as all our local champions,oops did I say that out loud?all our local celebrities clinching to him as if .........
As if what grin grin..... Bro, that guy is the 7th Richest Man in the World yet he feels free mixing with folks...Our Local Champion Dangote is at No. 51 in the ranking
Re: Kunle Afolayan Explains To Mark Zuckerberg Challenges Faced By Nollywood (video) by driand(m): 7:29pm On Sep 01, 2016
shurlermoz:

@Driand
Hysmady
geostrata
Jay542
chubbyswit

Did you watch the video at all, or your brain just couldn't process it?

Kunle wants Mark to produce an app that will prevent dubbing of his works by pirates.

Hope that is simple enough.
clearly you are mentally deranged, and Mark is the only person to do that in the world right? Mark is Facebook owner and entrepreneur not a developer, pays devs to do the job and kunle can also do d same don't be a foul mouthed idiot.
Re: Kunle Afolayan Explains To Mark Zuckerberg Challenges Faced By Nollywood (video) by Nobody: 5:52am On Sep 02, 2016
diegwu01:
As if what grin grin..... Bro, that guy is the 7th Richest Man in the World yet he feels free mixing with folks...Our Local Champion Dangote is at No. 51 in the ranking

If anyone is rich s/he is rich in his own pocket it can't change a thing in my life nor in my family,there's nothing he can do for me,

Now that he has come and go,has anything changed in Nigeria?
Re: Kunle Afolayan Explains To Mark Zuckerberg Challenges Faced By Nollywood (video) by shurlermoz(m): 11:42am On Sep 02, 2016
driand:
clearly you are mentally deranged, and Mark is the only person to do that in the world right? Mark is Facebook owner and entrepreneur not a developer, pays devs to do the job and kunle can also do d same don't be a foul mouthed idiot.

Eyah!!! the thing pain you gan o, pele.
You will be alright.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Joke Silva Celebrates Her 57th Birthday (Photos) / Complete History And Biography Of Ayo Ajewole(woli Agba) / Caesar Confirms Split From Eva Alordiah Through Emotional Note [PICS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.