Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,970 members, 7,821,397 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

How To Tell If Honey Is Pure - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How To Tell If Honey Is Pure (937 Views)

This Is Pure Wickedness And That Is What Igbos Are Struggling For / How Much Is pure Water In Your Area? / How Much Is Pure Water Sold In You Area? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Tell If Honey Is Pure by teeshawt(m): 4:03pm On Sep 01, 2016
Honey is one of nature's most beloved products and has a lot of nutritional and medical benefits. But does the honey jar, that you have brought home, actually contain pure honey? Or has water, sugar syrup or any other substance been added to it? Scroll below to learn 5 ways on how to test the quality of your honey at home.

TEST 1: Using water

Pour water into a glass.
Spoon out a tablespoon of honey from the honey jar, you want to test.
Place the spoon in the glass of water.
Gently shake the glass.

VERDICT: If the honey starts to dissolve and mix with the water, it's not pure and some amount of water has been added to it. But if the honey forms a small lump and sinks to the bottom of the glass, it is pure in quality.

TEST 2: Using methylated spirit/denatured alcohol
Mix equal parts of honey and equal parts of spirit in a glass.

VERDICT: If the honey forms a lump and sinks, it is pure. But if it is adulterated, it will dissolve in the spirit and turn it milky white.

TEST 3: Using fire
You will need a candle with a cotton wick.
Dip the wick into a small amount of honey.
Allow the excess honey to drip off.
Now light a match and hold it to the wick.

VERDICT: If the candle wick burns, the honey is pure. But if it fails to burn, water has been added to the honey.

TEST 4: Using paper
Use a blotting paper or a white cloth.
Drop a few drops of honey on the paper/cloth.

VERDICT: If the honey is pure, it will remain solid on paper. Impure honey will be absorbed by the paper. With the cloth, try washing off the honey. If it does not stain, it is pure.

TEST 5: Testing the swirl of honey
Dip a honey dipper or spoon into some honey.
Hold the dipper above a plate and pour the honey.
Watch how the honey falls.

VERDICT: As it falls, pure honey will flow from the spoon in a clockwise direction. It will do so very slowly. You flick the spoon upwards and the flow will slowly stop. A layered step formation of honey is formed on the plate. If adulterated, the honey will flow rapidly and smoothly and will pool on the plate.

i hope it helps...
Re: How To Tell If Honey Is Pure by Noloss(f): 4:07pm On Sep 01, 2016
Thanks for sharing but how do we know if dis information is pure
Re: How To Tell If Honey Is Pure by bash4us(m): 4:08pm On Sep 01, 2016
How do i know if ds poster above me is a virgin? grin grin grin
Re: How To Tell If Honey Is Pure by mrbillz(m): 4:11pm On Sep 01, 2016
Noloss:
Thanks for sharing but how do we know if dis information is pure
The information is purely undiluted cool
Re: How To Tell If Honey Is Pure by Noloss(f): 4:20pm On Sep 01, 2016
bash4us:
How do i know if ds poster above me is a virgin? grin grin grin
thread derailersgrin'grin'beware of them!!!
Re: How To Tell If Honey Is Pure by Noloss(f): 4:23pm On Sep 01, 2016
grin'how do i know u r not bribed to say dis?i am not convinced yet.
mrbillz:
Re: How To Tell If Honey Is Pure by teeshawt(m): 4:47pm On Sep 01, 2016
mrbillz:

to each his own...@ noloss you should try them out in case of doubt, i believe he knows, which is why he totally agreed to the efficacy of the tests... just like ur moniker u have nothing to lose trying them out
Re: How To Tell If Honey Is Pure by mrbillz(m): 5:26pm On Sep 01, 2016
Noloss:
grin'how do i know u r not bribed to say dis?i am not convinced yet.
I just got paid $60,000 to post this. So believe it at your own peril tongue
Re: How To Tell If Honey Is Pure by mrbillz(m): 5:27pm On Sep 01, 2016
teeshawt:

to each his own...@ noloss you should try them out in case of doubt, i believe he knows, which is why he totally agreed to the efficacy of the tests... just like ur moniker u have nothing to lose trying them out
Abi oo
Re: How To Tell If Honey Is Pure by Bekeey: 7:24pm On Sep 01, 2016
How do we test Conked ones? bcs ur name go be OYO if u open it and refused to buy
Re: How To Tell If Honey Is Pure by Incrizz(f): 9:36am On Sep 02, 2016
Nice long list. The only test I knew befoe was the Fire one and that ants don't come near honey (This one has just never worrked with any honey I boughtten) grin

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Will Go Back To Prison Very Soon – Anambra Community / TINISPLACE DIGITAL MARKETPLACE -fast Rising Digital Marketplace / Why Babies Should Not Be Bath 24 Hours After Birth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.