Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,007 members, 7,821,532 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

Nia Vs Beyonce - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nia Vs Beyonce (1165 Views)

Beauty & Body: Kim Kardashian Vs. Beyonce / Alicia Keys Vs Beyonce / Shakira Vs Beyonce Who Shake The Most? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nia Vs Beyonce by yme1(f): 7:29pm On Oct 03, 2009
The star actress of ARE WE THERE YET Nia Long as been really obsessed with singers like beyonce moving on  her territory and are utilized merely on selling tickets cheesy
she says,
certain people-we wont name names-they just dont have the skill and no one in their team has said, you need acting classes,.if you are a singer not an actress you should sing, if you are a rapper you should rap.if you take time to develop your craft. God bless you.

WHATS THE BEEFING FOR? undecided and do you guys support her on this?
Re: Nia Vs Beyonce by iice(f): 7:33pm On Oct 03, 2009
Erhh your topic reads Nas undecided

Old news but.  .  .
I'm on Nia with this one.  Whilst i support artists outlets to express their talents.  There are just somethings they shouldn't touch.  Hell yeah, take your time to hone your craft and stop assaulting us with crappy acting angry We have enough to deal with okay? lol
Re: Nia Vs Beyonce by yme1(f): 7:40pm On Oct 03, 2009
iice:

[color=#9900ff]Erhh your topic reads Nas undecided
error
nas gat his own problems too tho grin

personally part of me agrees with Nia, but i have to say if you are on top of your game and doing what you have to do, it is always going to be a competition undecided
so instead of throwing shots and whining about it, put up numbers, that is what counts undecided
we all know beyonce is no Halle berry,but she obviously has enough appeal to sell seats
needless to say both women are talented kiss kiss
Re: Nia Vs Beyonce by iice(f): 7:50pm On Oct 03, 2009
LOL @ Nas.

To each his/her own.
I can't stand mediocre acting because i love movies kiss
Re: Nia Vs Beyonce by dominique(f): 9:52pm On Oct 03, 2009
its not easy for the likes of Nia long and other talented African American actresses nowadays. . . they all seem to be missing from the big screens bcoz they are not very bankable. they berra move to the small screen before they vanish into thin air cry cry
Re: Nia Vs Beyonce by yme1(f): 5:52pm On Oct 04, 2009
dominique:

its not easy for the likes of Nia long and other talented African American actresses nowadays. . . they all seem to be missing from the big screens bcoz they are not very bankable. they berra move to the small screen before they vanish into thin air cry cry
Lmao grin grin grin
them don see black finish nah cheesy
Re: Nia Vs Beyonce by iice(f): 5:56pm On Oct 04, 2009
dominique:

True though i wish they would sometimes stick on principle and not do those gawd awful black movies. So stereotypical.

Atleast Zoe Saldana and Taraji P. Hendersen aren't sticking to those roles.
Re: Nia Vs Beyonce by yme1(f): 6:31pm On Oct 04, 2009
iice:

True though i wish they would sometimes stick on principle and not do those gawd awful black movies. So stereotypical.

i support that cheesy

but you wouldnt blame them cry, i think that is what they are good at undecided
Re: Nia Vs Beyonce by Secretz(f): 12:30pm On Oct 05, 2009
Oh my days . . . I'm with NIa on this issue too. . . I'm a movie freak . . . and to put on a dvd with crap acting from singers/rappers, haba!! why do they think it's ok to offend my eyes? With their 'trying too hard' acting approach! And the worst of it all is when they actually use their same singing mouth to say their dream would be to win an OSCAR. . . . shocked angry
Re: Nia Vs Beyonce by Nobody: 2:31pm On Oct 05, 2009
iice:

Very very true. Really doing themselves a disservice by restricting themselves. You would soon see Nia in a Tyler Perry movie. *tscheeww*
Re: Nia Vs Beyonce by yme1(f): 3:45pm On Oct 05, 2009
Secretz:

Oh my days . . . I'm with NIa on this issue too. . . I'm a movie freak . . . and to put on a dvd with crap acting from singers/rappers, haba!! why do they think it's ok to offend my eyes? With their 'trying too hard' acting approach! And the worst of it all is when they actually use their same singing mouth to say their dream would be to win an OSCAR. . . . shocked angry
lol
they are just selfish undecided
they want to have everything at all cost
anyway let them make movies for us jare cheesy
Re: Nia Vs Beyonce by omar22(m): 4:00pm On Oct 05, 2009
Nia Long has been in the industry since the end of the 80's and has only ONE BLOCK BUSTER Movie "Stigmata" that she played a leading role the rest are a handful as a supporting role, she has associated herself with so many low budget films at the end of the day you would go out of fassion, am sorry a movie director / producer would pick Beyonce ahead of Nia Long everyday of the week, unless if the role requires a nude scene with Beyonce wont play but Nia Long is getting on as well and viewer would like to see wrinkles during a nude scene, But I just hate the way Beyonce tried to hijack the limelight in Dream girls, but Jennifer Hudson did shine despite her role was going to take a step into the shadows,
Re: Nia Vs Beyonce by Nobody: 7:53pm On Oct 05, 2009
Im on team Nia on this one. Beyonce is a weak actress. Then again most of the black actresses have been cast-typed so its difficult to get better in mainstream media.
Re: Nia Vs Beyonce by spikedcylinder: 8:32pm On Oct 05, 2009
Beyonce is not an actress!
Re: Nia Vs Beyonce by iice(f): 12:48pm On Oct 06, 2009
Secretz:

Oh my days . . . I'm with NIa on this issue too. . .  I'm a movie freak  . . .  and to put on a dvd with crap acting from singers/rappers, haba!!  why do they think it's ok to offend my eyes? With their 'trying too hard' acting approach!  And the worst of it all is when they actually use their same singing mouth to say their dream would be to win an OSCAR. . . .  shocked angry

Haha, actresses don finish for hollywood? grin
I don't blame them sha.  The Oscars are becoming rubbish sef.  How did Beyonce get nominated? shocked cheesy

stillwater:

Very very true. Really doing themselves a disservice by restricting themselves. You would soon see Nia in a Tyler Perry movie. *tscheeww*

I feel the same way about Vivica A. Fox.  I thought she was going places.  .  .with Kill Bill and all undecided
Re: Nia Vs Beyonce by omar22(m): 1:19pm On Oct 06, 2009
Vivica Fox is from the Ghetto and always act as if she grew up from the Ghetto thats why she hardly gets good roles unless if she is a cheaper option

How did Beyonce get nominated?

Beyonce was not nominated for an Oscar!!!
Re: Nia Vs Beyonce by iice(f): 3:39pm On Oct 06, 2009
She wasn't so ghetto in Kill Bill undecided

Ahhh sorry. . .i'm thinking of all the hullabaloo of her getting nominated for Dreamgirls and for Cadillac Records undecided

Still doesn't stop the Oscars from going to the dogs undecided
Re: Nia Vs Beyonce by spikedcylinder: 4:54pm On Oct 06, 2009
Vivica is an ordinary actress jare (I hate her acting sef) and apart from Kill Bill, I can't think of any other decent thing she's done. Except you want to include her cameos on TV shows. . . .which constitutes the same bad acting anyway. undecided
Re: Nia Vs Beyonce by iice(f): 5:05pm On Oct 06, 2009
She wasn't so bad in Independence Day. . .but she was virtually unknown then.
Re: Nia Vs Beyonce by omar22(m): 3:58pm On Oct 07, 2009
She wasn't so bad in Independence Day. . .but she was virtually unknown then

Name an A-List Actor / Actress in Independent day, the film was fortunate to be a blockbuster!!! the budget was low
Re: Nia Vs Beyonce by iice(f): 4:06pm On Oct 07, 2009
omar22:

Name an A-List Actor / Actress in Independent day, the film was fortunate to be a blockbuster!!! the budget was low

Bill Pullman? Jeff Goldblum?

(1) (Reply)

~Who Is Nollywood's Leading Lady?~ / Souljaboy Apologies After Bashing Us Army In Song. / Anti-rape Group Attacks Rihanna Over “we Found Love” Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.