Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,542 members, 7,819,927 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

Halliburton Scandal: EFCC Traces N13.5b To Private Account - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Halliburton Scandal: EFCC Traces N13.5b To Private Account (14845 Views)

Yahaya Bello Builds A Mansion In Okene, Converts Street Entrance To Private Gate / EFCC Traces N47.2billion, $487.5million To Diezani Alison-madueke / New Delta Suicide Squad NDSS Emerges, Issues 7Day Ultimatum To Private Oil Firms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Halliburton Scandal: EFCC Traces N13.5b To Private Account by saaedlee: 5:53pm On Sep 01, 2016

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has uncovered how $32.5 million of about $200 million fines from Halliburton Energy Services was allegedly paid into a private account.

The cash was said to be missing because the anti-graft agency could not ascertain whether or not it was remitted into the Federal Government’s account.

A top shot with the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation(NNPC), Mr. Roland Ewubare, who was one of the lawyers involved in the Settlement Agreement with Halliburton, has been given up to September 15 to submit a letter authorising him by the Federal Government to open the private escrow account.

Ewubare told the EFCC that, as the then Executive Secretary of the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC), he acted in national interest in opening the escrow account.

He is in the United States to retrieve the relevant documents relating to the account for the EFCC.

The EFCC has grilled the Managing Director of Halliburton Energy Services in Nigeria, Henry Oki.

Oki gave the details of how agreements were signed between the Federal Government and Halliburton in London.

About five companies have paid fines in line with a Settlement Agreement with the Federal Government .

The breakdown of the remittances by the five companies is as follows: Julius Berger ($35m); Siemens (Euros 30m); Snamprogetti ($30m); Halliburton Energy Services ($32,500,000); and Japan Gasoline Corporation ($26, 500,000).

Top Nigerian lawyers who oversaw the agreement are a former President of the Nigerian Bar Association, Joseph B Daudu (SAN), Mr. E.C Ukala (SAN) Chief Godwin Obla (SAN), Mr. Roland Ewubare and Damian Dodo (SAN).

Some members of the legal team were conferred with national honours for the recovery.

EFCC detectives have discovered that the missing $32.5million was transferred by Halliburton into FGN JP Morgan Chase New York Swift BIC Code CHASUS 33, Account No. 000742501406865.

It was gathered that the account was titled Madison Avenue/ Escrow /CBN/ FGN further Credit to FGN Litigation Settlement.

The EFCC team later discovered that although the account was opened in the name of the Federal Government, it was a purely private account which was managed by Ewubare and others as signatories.

A top source said: “Out of over $200million fines paid, about $32.5million(N13,585,000, 000) is missing. Our team only succeeded in tracing the transfer of the cash into an account in New York but there is no record of whether or not it was remitted into the Federal Government Consolidated Account.

See more information here:
https://ukeyibio..com.ng/2016/09/halliburton-scandal-efcc-traces-n135b.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Halliburton Scandal: EFCC Traces N13.5b To Private Account by LabiaMajoraDest(m): 5:56pm On Sep 01, 2016
Mtcheeeewww....

2 Likes

Re: Halliburton Scandal: EFCC Traces N13.5b To Private Account by abokibuhari: 5:58pm On Sep 01, 2016
If no be aisha buhari account then the news is shiits

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Halliburton Scandal: EFCC Traces N13.5b To Private Account by Nobody: 6:04pm On Sep 01, 2016
Even if dis money gets recovered,we all knw it'll jst end up in som1 else's account...where are d recovered abacha's loots? Smh 4 dis country.

4 Likes

Re: Halliburton Scandal: EFCC Traces N13.5b To Private Account by sukkot: 8:18am On Sep 02, 2016
grin why i dey laugh, man no fit cry. babanla nonsense babanla nonsense. e nuh finish e nuh finish e nuh finish e nuh finish OJORO, 2.1 BILLION NAIRA, OIL MONEY IS MISSING , DEM DABARU EVERYTHING

6 Likes

Re: Halliburton Scandal: EFCC Traces N13.5b To Private Account by brunofarad(m): 8:19am On Sep 02, 2016
Ghen ghen
Re: Halliburton Scandal: EFCC Traces N13.5b To Private Account by StephanieLuv(f): 8:19am On Sep 02, 2016
grin grin grin grin

This is like war without end, playing tricks with the masses, from the beginning of this adminstration all we hear is the scandal with no arrest, no names mentioned, CHAI!!!!

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has uncovered how $32.5 million of about $200 million fines from Halliburton Energy Services was allegedly paid into a private account.

Every time private account, why don;t you mention the owner of the account.

I can even predict the next news, EFCC found billions of dollars in Dubai Bank owned by corrupt Nigerians. NO NAME MENTIONED grin grin grin grin

Tales by moonlight wink wink wink

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Halliburton Scandal: EFCC Traces N13.5b To Private Account by oluwasegun007(m): 8:20am On Sep 02, 2016
Am dam tired of reading about this HALIBURTON of a thing......

We all no it forms part of the scandal of our current democracy.....

It is a mystery that will never be unraveled... undecided undecided undecided
Re: Halliburton Scandal: EFCC Traces N13.5b To Private Account by jbkomo(m): 8:21am On Sep 02, 2016
I hope one day these whole shady deals and scandals wil reduce if not gone totally. And Nigeria wil be able to shout Eureka!
Re: Halliburton Scandal: EFCC Traces N13.5b To Private Account by captap02: 8:21am On Sep 02, 2016
when will this guys investigate those who took the bribe or are some set of people above the law
Re: Halliburton Scandal: EFCC Traces N13.5b To Private Account by Nobody: 8:21am On Sep 02, 2016
5% e rats account

2 Likes

Re: Halliburton Scandal: EFCC Traces N13.5b To Private Account by Qristien: 8:22am On Sep 02, 2016
EFCC should start tracing monies entering Buhari's account.
I'm tired of this eye-service of theirs.

Meanwhile, 999 #BuhariDaysToGo

5 Likes

Re: Halliburton Scandal: EFCC Traces N13.5b To Private Account by Mikehell(m): 8:22am On Sep 02, 2016
All this poo to distract people from knowing and feeling the hunger in the land? Una try but no be for here...

3 Likes

Re: Halliburton Scandal: EFCC Traces N13.5b To Private Account by todayboy: 8:23am On Sep 02, 2016
Efcc just want to harraas saraki lawyer Joseph daudu tats all

Haliburton case without atiku and Aisha buhari in it is a joke

7 Likes

Re: Halliburton Scandal: EFCC Traces N13.5b To Private Account by Daewoods(m): 8:23am On Sep 02, 2016
h
Re: Halliburton Scandal: EFCC Traces N13.5b To Private Account by GMBuhari: 8:23am On Sep 02, 2016
If fate would have it , Let Jonathan or Fayose's account be listed among those who are recipients or in any way a beneficiary , We would see what corruption lovers will call it

4 Likes

Re: Halliburton Scandal: EFCC Traces N13.5b To Private Account by So4baba(m): 8:24am On Sep 02, 2016
Let's just stop this propaganda,, nobody is interested in who stole what anymore.. This product isn't selling any longer abeg.. Just fix the economy.. Shaken.!!

3 Likes

Re: Halliburton Scandal: EFCC Traces N13.5b To Private Account by czaratwork: 8:24am On Sep 02, 2016
EFCC always chasing shadows. what of the people that committed the crime that led to the fines? Are they untouchable?
Re: Halliburton Scandal: EFCC Traces N13.5b To Private Account by Emempaul(m): 8:24am On Sep 02, 2016
Let the blames begin

Gbagaoo.....ooo
Re: Halliburton Scandal: EFCC Traces N13.5b To Private Account by blackpanda: 8:24am On Sep 02, 2016
abokibuhari:

8 Likes

Re: Halliburton Scandal: EFCC Traces N13.5b To Private Account by Sunnycliff(m): 8:24am On Sep 02, 2016
When a hungry man keep hearing all these outrageous figures he might contemplate suicide!

Enough of these media prosecution let them take us put of this economic quagmire only then we will understand whatever they are doing because a hungry man gives no thought for anything as a priority but food!

#apcgiveusfood
Re: Halliburton Scandal: EFCC Traces N13.5b To Private Account by GlorifiedTunde(m): 8:25am On Sep 02, 2016
abokibuhari:

You wish!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Halliburton Scandal: EFCC Traces N13.5b To Private Account by obassed: 8:25am On Sep 02, 2016
So?
Re: Halliburton Scandal: EFCC Traces N13.5b To Private Account by Yehman(m): 8:25am On Sep 02, 2016
Hmmmmm
The fear of OBJ is the end of Halliburton probe
Re: Halliburton Scandal: EFCC Traces N13.5b To Private Account by Nobody: 8:26am On Sep 02, 2016
I just need my share. period.
Re: Halliburton Scandal: EFCC Traces N13.5b To Private Account by Emmaoga: 8:28am On Sep 02, 2016
THIS EFCC MUST BE STUPID OOOH
WE ARE CRYING THAT THE RECENT ECONOMIC MESS WE ARE INTO IS TERRIBLY AFFECTing WE THE MASSES, NOW THEY WANT TO JOIN "HALLIBURTON CASE" ON TOP OF IT.
APC, UNA WAN KILL US?..

THIS IS JUST A MERE DISTRACTION FROM THE CURRENT HAPPENINGS IN OUR ECONOMIC SECTOR AND THIS HALLIBURTON CASE IS COMING LATE.

AS FOR THOSE SAYING BUHARI IS NOT A MAGICIAN THAT HE CAN NOT DO WONDERS...I AGREE
BUT I WANT TO TELL THOSE PEOPLE THAT AM NOT A MAGICIAN TOO TO BE BUYING A BAG OF RICE FROM 9K TO 24K,
AM NOT A MAGICIAN TO BE BUYING FUEL FROM #45 TO #145.
AND MY POCKET IS NOT A MAGIC POCKET PLS.

APC SHOULD REWIND THE TIME AND DROP US BACK TO MAY 29 2015 THATS WHERE THEY PICK US FROM

MUMU GOVERNMENT WITH A MUMU PRESIDENT AND WITH A CHILD VP

THANK GOD I HAVE LAMINATED MY VOTERS CARD...WAITING FOR 2019.

*modified*
I was walking down my street when i saw a woman that is walking with her child...the following conversation took place between me and the woman.

ME: woman pls carry your child, the boy is too young and he is crying already.
WOMAN: okay
ME: thank you
WOMAN: is okay young man
ME: after walking with them for like 3 minutes, i then asked the woman the name of the son
WOMAN: his name is BUHARI
ME: OLI GOZE FYRE, WOMAN PLS DROP THE IDIOT LET HIM WALK ON HIS OWN COZ THAT NAME IS .....................

4 Likes

Re: Halliburton Scandal: EFCC Traces N13.5b To Private Account by Observant: 8:28am On Sep 02, 2016
Whose account? Probably an influential figure hob-nobbing the present administration if not the person's name would be on this Useless report.

EFCC we need names please.

On a second thought, such directionless new is a mere distraction from the current issue at hand, our sinking Economy and we refuse to discuss it.
Re: Halliburton Scandal: EFCC Traces N13.5b To Private Account by Buking1: 8:32am On Sep 02, 2016
Ha
Re: Halliburton Scandal: EFCC Traces N13.5b To Private Account by SUGARDADDY55(m): 8:33am On Sep 02, 2016
Ok. Same news every day
Re: Halliburton Scandal: EFCC Traces N13.5b To Private Account by ozoemenaca: 8:33am On Sep 02, 2016
The Zombies and their APC government should keep rolling out their home videos, I don't even know the volume we are watching now. Please somebody should help me.
Re: Halliburton Scandal: EFCC Traces N13.5b To Private Account by Lexusgs430: 8:36am On Sep 02, 2016
Those monies would have been long spent. EFCC, When would you start to prosecute?
Or EFCC does not intend to prosecute?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abbah Kyari & Nigerian High Commission: Presidency Replies Sahara Reporters / APC Website Publishes Plagiarised Manifesto - The Guardian Newspaper / Bashir Ahmad Shares Old Video Over Recent Zamfara Killings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.