Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,118 members, 7,867,228 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 12:36 PM

The Boss Lady Tag: A Grammatical And Gender Error - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Boss Lady Tag: A Grammatical And Gender Error (382 Views)

Multiple Grammatical Blunders On Channelstv Report / See The Major Grammatical Error Niger Delta Made On Their Currency / APC Sponsored Hash Tag #notoursenatepresident Goes South. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Boss Lady Tag: A Grammatical And Gender Error by koife(m): 8:12pm On Sep 01, 2016
Honest question guys.
Pls is there gender quality to being a boss? I've been seeing a lot of grammatical tautologies on my time line....I mean the 'Boss Lady crews'. I think a boss remains a boss , and we need not attach gender to it. That's why in military all ranks are same and not something like 'boss lieutenant' but lieutenant or men of the armed force and not men and women of armed forces. This is because it is belieced that ones an order is made by superior officer one need not check the gender of who made such orders. Ok, what would you make of gender tag 'boss man', doesnt it sound awful?You people want gender equality but you rob yourselves by adding gender to your boss status. What do ladies really wants!
I think its a crass fallacious contradiction!
#justsaying
I stand to be corrected.
Re: The Boss Lady Tag: A Grammatical And Gender Error by chiefobdk(m): 9:18pm On Sep 01, 2016
koife:

Honest question guys.
Pls is there gender quality to being a boss? I've been seeing a lot of grammatical tautologies on my time line....I mean the 'Boss Lady crews'. I think a boss remains a boss , and we need not attach gender to it. That's why in military all ranks are same and not something like 'boss lieutenant' but lieutenant or men of the armed force and not men and women of armed forces. This is because it is belieced that ones an order is made by superior officer one need not check the gender of who made such orders. Ok, what would you make of gender tag 'boss man', doesnt it sound awful?You people want gender equality but you rob yourselves by adding gender to your boss status. What do ladies really wants!
I think its a crass fallacious contradiction!
#justsaying
I stand to be corrected.

you almost made sense. but wen i remembered buhari ur sense turned senseless

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari Interview About His Sick Ears / Police, DSS Call For Postponement Of Edo Election / President Buhari Launches 'change Begins With Me' Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.