Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Millions In Bribe Paid For New Naira Notes - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Millions In Bribe Paid For New Naira Notes (2610 Views)

10 Kinds Of Business That Can Bring You Millions In Nigeria This Year. / New Naira Notes Ready September Ending – CBN / New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Millions In Bribe Paid For New Naira Notes by Nobody: 12:00pm On Oct 04, 2009
agabaI23:

And who will bring that to happen? Your ancestors in grave? Watch your back, there is a drone after you!

my ancestors in the grave and your ancestors in hell.
Re: Millions In Bribe Paid For New Naira Notes by bandely(m): 12:02pm On Oct 04, 2009
**hisses**
Yes what next?

al-qaeda:

Una two don take something this morning abi tongue
Re: Millions In Bribe Paid For New Naira Notes by agabaI23(m): 12:05pm On Oct 04, 2009
al-qaeda:

My ancestors taught me to fight for myself and they have done their bit. I am doing mine. They ain't gonna do nada for you either.
Re: Millions In Bribe Paid For New Naira Notes by blackay: 12:44pm On Oct 04, 2009
drop me amail if u are interested or call me on 08026615155
Re: Millions In Bribe Paid For New Naira Notes by UNLEASHED(m): 12:51pm On Oct 04, 2009
If bribery is not involved, then why are they Nigerians?
Re: Millions In Bribe Paid For New Naira Notes by MUZBO(m): 1:29pm On Oct 04, 2009
agabaI23:

And who will bring that to happen? Your ancestors in grave? Watch your back, there is a drone after you!

Lmao! These NL people won't kill me o! Al-queda, if you wan bribe that drone you have to get the money to Nevada before the AIM-9 missiles launch o!
Bribing doesn't always work.
Re: Millions In Bribe Paid For New Naira Notes by naijaking1: 1:34pm On Oct 04, 2009
I am disappointed at the reaction of most people on this case. No question bribery is endemic in Nigeria, but have we come to accept it to be as constant as day-night in our lives? The new CBN governor came into office promising to santize the whole banking system, it would be very interesting if this bribery allegation is proved to be true under his own watch.
Re: Millions In Bribe Paid For New Naira Notes by agabaI23(m): 1:44pm On Oct 04, 2009
naijaking1:

I am disappointed at the reaction of most people on this case. No question bribery is endemic in Nigeria, but have we come to accept it to be as constant as day-night in our lives? The new CBN governor came into office promising to santize the whole banking system, it would be very interesting if this bribery allegation is proved to be true under his own watch.
Investigation started since May, so probably, the crime was already committed before he was appointed the gov. More like my own Soludo will have to answer this question.
Re: Millions In Bribe Paid For New Naira Notes by koolchicco: 1:54pm On Oct 04, 2009
agabaI23:

Investigation started since May, so probably, it the crime was already committed before he was appointed the gov. More like my own Soludo will have to answer this question.

You mean Soludo partook in the sharing? lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Millions In Bribe Paid For New Naira Notes by agabaI23(m): 1:58pm On Oct 04, 2009
koolchicco:

[/b]

You mean Soludo partook in the sharing? lipsrsealed undecided
I did not say so. H e has to tell us what he knows about the bribery as the incubent. It would be impossible for such deal to be brokered without his knowledge.

It is left to be determined if he was the one who facilitated the deal or among those who shared the deal. Some how he will have to answer some questions.
Re: Millions In Bribe Paid For New Naira Notes by koolchicco: 2:12pm On Oct 04, 2009
agabaI23:

He has to tell us what he knows about the bribery as the incubent. It would be impossible for such deal to be brokered without his knowledge.

Some how he will have to answer soime questions.

. . .In other words. . . lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Millions In Bribe Paid For New Naira Notes by agabaI23(m): 2:15pm On Oct 04, 2009
koolchicco:

[/b]

. . .In other words. . . lipsrsealed undecided
Comment your reserve!
Re: Millions In Bribe Paid For New Naira Notes by koolchicco: 2:21pm On Oct 04, 2009
Na by force? lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Millions In Bribe Paid For New Naira Notes by anonimi: 2:48pm On Oct 04, 2009
agabaI23:

Investigation started since May, so probably, the crime was already committed before he was appointed the gov. More like my own Soludo will have to answer this question.

no wonder soludo could not take necessary action to stop his sharp-suited banker friends from also fleecing their shareholders and customers. he had his won hands in the pot elsewhere- original chop-i-chop arrangement no wonder he is in PDP.
surely the source of his campaign finance is being revealed little by little. what a way to transform anambra into dubai- by stealing it to the bones with bogus contracts.
Re: Millions In Bribe Paid For New Naira Notes by Nobody: 3:53pm On Oct 04, 2009
MUZBO:

Lmao! These NL people won't kill me o! Al-queda, if you wan bribe that drone you have to get the money to Nevada before the AIM-9 missiles launch o!
Bribing doesn't always work.

in 9ja, its the order of the day. 20 years ago, 43m people took bribes at any certain stage of the year, now 138m people receive bribes almost on a weekly basis, depending on what they do. these are facts.
Re: Millions In Bribe Paid For New Naira Notes by bolanleodu: 4:23pm On Oct 04, 2009
i cant believe that some sick poeple here believe that just because bribery is rampant, that make it normal, too bad cause you are suppose to be fighting such wack mentality.
Re: Millions In Bribe Paid For New Naira Notes by PROJECT: 6:27pm On Oct 04, 2009
bugi i share ur sentiments u must also know that a lot of foolish people are on NL,so why waste ur time with them, by the way whats ur solution to all this ,i enjoy reading post here cos am not in naija,holla
Re: Millions In Bribe Paid For New Naira Notes by Nezan(m): 12:43pm On Oct 05, 2009
I have chosen not to believe everything I read on NL.
Re: Millions In Bribe Paid For New Naira Notes by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:56pm On Oct 05, 2009
PROJECT:

bugi i share your sentiments u must also know that a lot of foolish people are on NL,so why waste your time with them, by the way whats your solution to all this ,i enjoy reading post here cos am not in naija,holla

That is easy for you to say, in every society there are institutions and civil principles that guide how people reason to certain circumstances or events deemed normal and expected (going by what the law, civility and humane thinking allows).

But when those principles evolve to a consistently unexpected pattern e.g bribing to see a public official to rectify or apply for an International passport, bribing nurses to move your name up the list to see a doctor to checkup your kid even when there should be one every hour of the day.
Then you see my friend, the unexpected becomes the expected and the unusual becomes the norm,

It is the default behavior when you work or partner with the Nigerian government, there will always be a kick-back or back-handshake. it is normally unusual but it is the way over here and people have come to accept it because without accepting reality, you cannot live in it and survive.

Go pay your PHCN (NEPA) bills then you will understand the (important) role of bribery in today's Nigerian Society.

Most road, bridges ,public utilities construction meant to serve the tax-paying public have kick-backs attached  grin
Re: Millions In Bribe Paid For New Naira Notes by desthan(m): 5:13pm On Oct 05, 2009
my broda you are not far from the truth jare, as if all these peeps claiming to fight corruption here wouldn't have done same if the opportunity avails itself undecided
Re: Millions In Bribe Paid For New Naira Notes by anonimi: 10:11pm On Oct 05, 2009
desthan:

my broda you are not far from the truth jare, as if all these peeps claiming to fight corruption here wouldn't have done same if the opportunity avails itself undecided

By God's grace I don't need to and I avoid situations that may put me in such embarassing situation that does not glorify God.
Meanwhile, do we continue and wait for a Jerry Rawlings type to come and[b] kill our relations, friends and friends' relations[/b]. shocked
or do we do little things now to stop the rot
Re: Millions In Bribe Paid For New Naira Notes by Nobody: 11:02pm On Oct 05, 2009
We need to be grown up about these things so that we dont get our priorities wrong. When does a fee paid to a man for lobbying a Government amount to a marketing fee and when does it amount to a bribe?

These are the serious questions we should ask. From UK to US to Italy to Saudi Arabia to Nigeria in other to win a high profiled Government contract you have to have access to Government and most times no one else provides those access than lobbyists. These lobbyists get paid whether you want to call them marketing fee or bribes or kickbacks.

I think the most important issue in this debate is whether any body occupying a position of authority collected a direct kickback and awarded these contracts accordingly. If this is the case whoever is involved should be taken to court so that they can be convicted to jail after thorough investigation.

Otherwise all this newspaper speculations and assuming who may have been involved and who was'nt is not the way to go. But trust naija and its justice system they will rather play politics of it on the news media than getting to the root of the matter.
Re: Millions In Bribe Paid For New Naira Notes by Bugi: 12:36am On Oct 06, 2009
@project: lagerwhenindoubt has made a good submission on the issue! I always like to invoke the words of Professor Nnolim: "Just tidy up your own little corner". And as someone rightly said avoid situations where you have to pay a bribe. Finders fees, commissions, don't come under the table, you get it as a right, declare it as an income and pay the stipulated TAX! The journey is a long and tedious one and we must be prepared to make the sacrifice for a better Nigeria.
Re: Millions In Bribe Paid For New Naira Notes by Nobody: 5:08am On Oct 06, 2009
Topik.
Rofl. grin grin
Re: Millions In Bribe Paid For New Naira Notes by anonimi: 12:08pm On Oct 06, 2009
Bugi:

@project: lagerwhenindoubt has made a good submission on the issue! I always like to invoke the words of Professor Nnolim: "Just tidy up your own little corner". And as someone rightly said avoid situations where you have to pay a bribe. Finders fees, commissions, don't come under the table, you get it as a right, declare it as an income and pay the stipulated TAX! The journey is a long and tedious one and we must be prepared to make the sacrifice for a better Nigeria.

May God bless you for the above.
Let others continue whining like babies about bad leaders when we only get the leaders we deserve.
We can all decide and act to reduce the rot in our society, one step at a time to avoid the doom that hangs over us all.
Re: Millions In Bribe Paid For New Naira Notes by princeelder: 10:32am On Jun 04, 2013
Get your own BulkSMS Website Within 24 Hours N10,000 only and buy sms as low as 0.70kobo
With:
Free User Guide, Free ebook on how to get over 2000bulksms
Free 500 Units
Free GSM Number Database of your state
We will give you free coaching to make money from the sms industry
visit www.smswholesellers.com, 08140970926

(1) (2) (Reply)

Need A Sample Of Call Center Proposal And Billing System / Your personaility holds The Key To Your Ideal Career. A Must Read. / AKAI 3.8 Kg Washing Machine - Wm013a-38tt₦ 19,500

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.