Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

Nairaland FTA Reference Library - Satellite TV Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Nairaland FTA Reference Library (85595 Views)

FTA Frequency / Latest Tech Multi LNB Satellite Dish (FTA) More Than 150 Free Channels / Reference Point (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland FTA Reference Library by Nobody: 7:35am On Jul 06, 2013
GOOD LIBRARY
Re: Nairaland FTA Reference Library by olenyi: 6:34am On Jul 26, 2013
Guide to Installing joy tv/multi tv with a new strong HD rx for a newbie

olenyi:

First of all couple the dish together (dis might be difficult except u look at ur neighbours already coupled own). Locate ur ''east'' from ur proposed dish mount point (making sure u have a clear line of sight to the horizon up to the sky). Mount ur dish (also looking at ur neighbours own for the exact mount setting)Then fix the metallic f connector at both ends of ur cable. Screw one end to the lnb at the front of the dish. Get an extension box to help bring ur ''mains'' to a point near ur mounted dish. bring out ur tv to the dish point and put it on. Connect ur receiver also to the extension box. Now screw on the other end of the cable to the point at the back panel of ur receiver labeled ''lnb input''. Connect the av wires and put it on also. (IT VERY IMPORTANT U FOLLOW THE SEQUENCE OF MY INSTRUCTIONS.)

Now as the receiver is a new one, ''ok'' every option on the screen until u get to the home screen and u see ''no or bad signal'' press menu on the remote. Press ok. Enter 4 zero's for the pin and scroll down to manual scan. Press ok. Now using the right volume button, start scrolling through the satellites until u get ''astra 1N/2abd. When u get it, scroll down to frequency and using the left volume button now, start lookin for 12.5 something something. Press zero when u get it and select edit. Enter 12.523. Scroll down to ''symbol rate'' and enter 27042. Hand the ''polarization'' to ''v'' if its not so.

Phew!!!!!

If u've gotten to this point, Then u're doing great. cheesy

Now go to ur dish. And standing at the back of the dish or hanging from a ladder, (and with ur eyes on the two red signal bars at the top right hand side of ur screen) and with ur lnb positioned in such a way dat the point with u screwed on the cable is at 4 o'clock assuming u have an imaginary clock in ur head. Start raising the dish slowing up, up , up until it pointing to the sky still with ur eyes on the signal bar for when it will turn to green to indicate u've gotten a signal (remember it should be facing east). Bring it down slowly. Now shift the dish a tiny bit horizontal to the right. (remember u're at the back of the dish)

Take it up up up again and down. Right, up up up and down. Slowly. Keep at it until u hit green or until u get to ur south. If no green. Den start repeating the steps again but this time, shift horizontally to ur left.

When u hit green, adjust the dish a little to maximize the signal percentage and then tighten the 4 screws by the side of th dish and also the ones holding it to the pole arm all this while slowly and wit ur eyes on the signal so dat it doesn't go down.. When this is done, rotate the lnb a little clockwise and a little anticlockwise to get the best position for max signal and tighten.

Hmmm.... Tired now

We're almost dia.

When dis is done, press the red button to scan. Afterwards, exit everything until it starts showing at the home screen.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland FTA Reference Library by olenyi: 6:35am On Jul 26, 2013
Guide for installing joy tv with 69x/xii

olenyi:

First of all couple the dish together (dis might be difficult except u look at ur neighbours already coupled own). Locate ur ''east'' from ur proposed dish mount point (making sure u have a clear line of sight to the horizon up to the sky). Mount ur dish (also looking at ur neighbours own for the exact mount setting)Then fix the metallic f connector at both ends of ur cable. Screw one end to the lnb at the front of the dish. Get an extension box to help bring ur ''mains'' to a point near ur mounted dish. bring out ur tv to the dish point and put it on. Connect ur receiver also to the extension box. Now screw on the other end of the cable to the point at the back panel of ur receiver labeled ''lnb input''. Connect the av wires and put it on also. (IT VERY IMPORTANT U FOLLOW THE SEQUENCE OF MY INSTRUCTIONS.)

press menu on the remote. Press ok. Enter 4 zero's for the pin and scroll down to manual scan. Press ok. Now using the right volume button, start scrolling through the satellites until u get ''astra 1N/2abd. When u get it, scroll down to frequency and using the left volume button now, start lookin for 12.5 something something. When u get it, scroll down to frequency, Press zero and select edit. Enter 12.523. Scroll down to ''symbol rate'' and enter 27042. Change the ''polarization'' to ''v'' if its not so.

Phew!!!!!

If u've gotten to this point, Then u're doing great. cheesy

Now go to ur dish. And standing at the back of the dish or hanging from a ladder, (and with ur eyes on the two red signal bars at the top right hand side of ur screen) and with ur lnb positioned in such a way dat the point which u screwed on the cable is at 4 o'clock assuming u have an imaginary clock in ur head. Start raising the dish slowing up, up , up until it's pointing to the sky still with ur eyes on the signal bar for when it will turn to green to indicate u've gotten a signal (remember it should be facing east). Bring it down slowly. Now shift the dish a tiny bit horizontally to the right. (remember u're at the back of the dish)

Take it up up up again and down. Right, up up up and down. Slowly. Keep at it until u hit green or until u get to ur south. If no green. Den start repeating the steps again but this time, shift horizontally to ur left.

When u hit green, adjust the dish a little to maximize the signal percentage and then tighten the 4 screws by the side of th dish and also the ones holding it to the pole arm all this while slowly and wit ur eyes on the signal so dat it doesn't go down.. When this is done, rotate the lnb a little clockwise and a little anticlockwise to get the best position for max signal and tighten.

Hmmm.... Tired now

We're almost dia.

When dis is done, press the ''ok'' button to scan. Afterwards, exit everything until it starts showing at the home screen.

Regards.

https://www.nairaland.com/331903/newbie-satellite-installation-introduce-yourself/54
Re: Nairaland FTA Reference Library by freshp(m): 10:25pm On Jul 26, 2013
You beat me to it bro. . . grin grin grin
Gud job . . .Ut would all have been your posts anyways wink wink wink
Re: Nairaland FTA Reference Library by olenyi2: 11:20pm On Jul 26, 2013
freshp: You beat me to it bro. . . grin grin grin
Gud job . . .Ut would all have been your posts anyways wink wink wink

cheesy

My warm regards.
Re: Nairaland FTA Reference Library by Nobody: 1:26am On Jul 27, 2013
Olenyi,my Oga @ d top,greetings
Re: Nairaland FTA Reference Library by promise2020(m): 9:11am On Aug 01, 2013
olenyi: Guide to Installing joy tv/multi tv with a new strong HD rx for a newbie

i need steps in installing cmtv, am a newbie
Re: Nairaland FTA Reference Library by Nobody: 11:07am On Aug 04, 2013
GOOGLE UR BEST FRIEND
Re: Nairaland FTA Reference Library by Makwat: 4:51pm On Aug 19, 2013
Please can someone help me with the list of FTA channels accessible from Ghana and the respective frequencies and symbol rates..
Re: Nairaland FTA Reference Library by Anuoluwap(m): 4:12am On Aug 21, 2013
Moderator pls, this topic was transfered to you from general forum. Maybe The moderators there don't know what to do about it. www.nairaland.com/1404370/latest-inventions-nubrella-funny-looking-hands-free#17568721
Re: Nairaland FTA Reference Library by coretechng1(m): 11:52am On Aug 30, 2013
SIM Routers for ALL networks.

Re: Nairaland FTA Reference Library by dynamicd28(m): 9:58am On Sep 11, 2013
4m fibre dish made october last year in good condition for sale location bisam mafuloku by international airport access road.will post pictures once i figure out how how to upload. lol
Re: Nairaland FTA Reference Library by Nobody: 2:19pm On Oct 12, 2013
dynamicd28: 4m fibre dish made october last year in good condition for sale location bisam mafuloku by international airport access road.will post pictures once i figure out how how to upload. lol

Use d rite thread
Re: Nairaland FTA Reference Library by Smartnaira: 3:45pm On Oct 23, 2013
Plis I have a Hitv decoder can I get joy TV with my Hitv decoder
Re: Nairaland FTA Reference Library by Smartnaira: 3:53pm On Oct 23, 2013
[/color][color=#990000][b][/b] plis I need help with new channels on pas 7/10 nollywood channel not showing on my Hitv decoder and am ku ban
Re: Nairaland FTA Reference Library by olenyi: 4:36pm On Oct 23, 2013
Re: Nairaland FTA Reference Library by Nobody: 7:36am On Oct 24, 2013
WELL SAID
Re: Nairaland FTA Reference Library by ezo4fta(m): 7:24am On Nov 04, 2013
Link to 2 in 1 lnb for multi-tv and dstv or multi-tv and Amos 5.
www.nairaland.com/1450408/multi-lnbf-2-1-lnb
Re: Nairaland FTA Reference Library by Jamesrock(m): 7:31am On Nov 05, 2013
vn
Re: Nairaland FTA Reference Library by aboakonkontibaa: 3:38pm On Nov 22, 2013
U guys are great
Re: Nairaland FTA Reference Library by Ogojohn(m): 12:10pm On Dec 08, 2013
dynamicd28: 4m fibre dish made october last year in good condition for sale location bisam mafuloku by international airport access road.will post pictures once i figure out how how to upload. lol
Is it still available. how much are you selling
Re: Nairaland FTA Reference Library by freshp(m): 6:47am On Dec 09, 2013
THIS IS A WARNING TO EVERYBODY...POSTING SUBJECTS AND TOPICS NOT RELATING TO REFERENCES WILL BE DELETED AND THE USER BANNED TEMPORARILY... You have been warned.
Re: Nairaland FTA Reference Library by Daxbiz(m): 10:07am On Dec 10, 2013
Guys how do I connect to BREAKTHROUGH BROASCATING NETWORK?

I need to watch Shiloh 2013 live!

Urgent please!!!
Re: Nairaland FTA Reference Library by Daxbiz(m): 10:07am On Dec 10, 2013
Guys how do I connect to BREAKTHROUGH BROADCASTING NETWORK?

I need to watch Shiloh 2013 live!

Urgent please!!!
Re: Nairaland FTA Reference Library by iykmora(m): 11:10pm On Jan 03, 2014
Mods do not allow thread derailment pls. D language we understand is d use of 'HAMMER', pls employ it!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland FTA Reference Library by emzyvasper(m): 2:14pm On Jul 04, 2014
I have two satellite dishes, 1 for the multi tv and the other for mytv africa.
I find out that each time i try to scan for channels using the 68°Intelsat 7/10, i get all the mytv africa channels which is correct but when i try scanning using the 28°astra1A/2B..which is suppose to be multi tv, i still get all the channels i got with the intelsat.
Av read all the similar posts in the forum but none seems to be helping.
I'd appreciate it if i get help.
Re: Nairaland FTA Reference Library by agborodun: 5:38pm On Apr 10, 2015
visited a friend in lagos and
found out some FTA in his
house are 6 HD Arab stations
e.g NBC movies etc. Pls what tp
can I use to track these in lagos
and what's d direction? Thanks
Re: Nairaland FTA Reference Library by JERIZO(m): 8:20pm On Jun 15, 2015
please Guys, I need the frequency for tracking joytv and other fta channels. I am using SRT 4922A and a 60cm dish.I am from makurdi. I will appreeciate your assitance.
Whatsapp 08093822376
Re: Nairaland FTA Reference Library by AweEngineer(m): 8:41am On Jul 04, 2015
Am studing ELECTRICAL/
ELECTRONIC(Telecom/
communication)
(undergraduate). looking for a
6 MONTH IT placement in
LAGOS. (Communication/
Telecom/ networking firm
within lagos) Ple someone
should help me to this regard
or any possible
recommendation.

I am not obsessed with
money, my goal is to get the
required knowledge.
I am smart and have a
fantastic learning ability .

Phone no: +2349092221189
Email:
awe.engineer212@gmail.com
Thanks, I await your response.
Re: Nairaland FTA Reference Library by Yoodot(m): 2:20pm On Jul 22, 2015
Contact me for any of your satellite TV installation and solutions in Abuja and its environs. 07039582380
Re: Nairaland FTA Reference Library by Nobody: 8:11am On Jul 31, 2015
Re: Nairaland FTA Reference Library by oluwauchie(m): 7:12am On Aug 24, 2015
Yo: guys i know this sounds funny.... But is there any possibility that I can add some dstv stations on my mytv decoder preferably music stations nd movies... Not Benin or Ghana stations

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

AIT,BBC,NTA,VOA,NHK,RT,France 24, Aljazeera,Nollwood Tv, $ More Now FTA / Latest Transponder News For Africa / Startimes Slashes Bouquet Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.