Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,216 members, 7,811,602 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:22 PM

What The Cast Screen Option Means On Your Android Device. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What The Cast Screen Option Means On Your Android Device. (23542 Views)

Google Free Wifi & What It Means To Nigeria Digital Economy / What Does Dual, Quad, Hexa, Octa And Deca Core Means??? / New Whatsapp Privacy Policy - What It Really Means For Users (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What The Cast Screen Option Means On Your Android Device. by khalhokage(m): 7:09am On Sep 02, 2016
Some people have been asking and wondering what the purpose of the cast screen feature is that appear in their smartphone settings, it's simple:

Cast screen , for the uninitiated, is a technology that allows a person to display whatever is visible on his/her device's screen on another screen, wirelessly using WiFi as a medium for sharing the screen.

Screen cast varies with different companies-Intel has their proprietary Intel Wireless Display for Laptops, Apple has its own AirPlay protocol, and there is indeed an open standard too-Miracast, which is what any Android/Windows Phone with the "cast screen" button utilizes.

To use this feature with your Android device you need to 1st determine if your Android device and your TV supports it
On your Android go to Settings>Display if you see a cast screen or screen mirroring option then your device is supported.
Note: Some manufacturers could also use different names or even place the option in a different location, but it's safe to say that most Android devices that launched with 4.2 Jelly Bean and later is supported.

As for your TV, it is much harder to determine if it supports Miracast, but there are a few things to keep in mind,1st it must be a modern TV (flat screens, LED screens etc), and it will most likely be on the box and instruction manuals, so look out for those and check on how to activate it.

But if TV doesn't come with Miracast out of the box, there's still hope, so long as it has an HDMI port then you can buy a Miracast dongle such as Chromecast or Easycast and you're good to go.

Instructions on how to connect to these dongles are contained in the box.

Here's mine. I bought Easycast on gearbest and I use it to watch movies and play games using my TV.

14 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What The Cast Screen Option Means On Your Android Device. by kingreign(m): 7:13am On Sep 02, 2016
Do a cast screen with recent Homepage of Nairaland showing, screenshot it and post it online for us to see or adonbeliv tongue grin

6 Likes

Re: What The Cast Screen Option Means On Your Android Device. by khalhokage(m): 7:22am On Sep 02, 2016
kingreign:
Do a cast screen with recent Homepage of Nairaland showing, screenshot it and post it online for us to see or adonbeliv tongue grin

You don't believe what? that Miracast exists? Please don't derail this thread with your immaturity.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: What The Cast Screen Option Means On Your Android Device. by mjames: 10:17am On Sep 02, 2016
After buying the Easy cast what did you do next?
Re: What The Cast Screen Option Means On Your Android Device. by khalhokage(m): 11:09am On Sep 02, 2016
mjames:
After buying the Easy cast what did you do next?

Read the instructions, plug it into your TV's HDMI port, then also plug in the USB extension for power supply, it should turn on, you'll see a display similar to the pics I uploaded, but that's the mode for Apple products, there's a button on the side of the dongle pressing it will change the mode to Miracast, so you'll see what i uploaded, all you have to do then is to turn on cast screen on your device wait for it to search out the easy cast's signal then click on it to connect.

1 Like

Re: What The Cast Screen Option Means On Your Android Device. by ELTON123(m): 11:19am On Sep 02, 2016
Thanks
Re: What The Cast Screen Option Means On Your Android Device. by McBrooklyn(m): 11:20am On Sep 02, 2016
Well OP, thanks cool

1 Like

Re: What The Cast Screen Option Means On Your Android Device. by tonywap: 11:20am On Sep 02, 2016
ou don't believe what? that Miracast exists? Please don't derail this thread with your immaturity. LOOLSSS Mp3 Download Mp3 Download
zip album download zip album download
Re: What The Cast Screen Option Means On Your Android Device. by McBrooklyn(m): 11:21am On Sep 02, 2016
OK
Re: What The Cast Screen Option Means On Your Android Device. by codenamezero: 11:21am On Sep 02, 2016
how much in naija, cos the one i bought from amazon was 35 dolls. i want anoda one cos my sis took mine..
i cant buy online due to the high exchange rate.. cry cry

1 Like

Re: What The Cast Screen Option Means On Your Android Device. by davodyguy: 11:24am On Sep 02, 2016
Some of us have been watching matches via phone to tv using Hdmi technology for a while now.

We have this IPTV android apps and when we are streaming live matches on the phone, we get it displayed on the TV big screen, without cast screen undecided lipsrsealed
Re: What The Cast Screen Option Means On Your Android Device. by weezii(m): 11:27am On Sep 02, 2016
Okay.
Meanwhile if na u catch these two wetin you go do

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What The Cast Screen Option Means On Your Android Device. by khalhokage(m): 11:28am On Sep 02, 2016
codenamezero:
how much in naija, cos the one i bought from amazon was 35 dolls. i want anoda one cos my sis took mine..

When I checked on Konga and Jumia I only saw Chromecast and they were quite expensive at the time and that was before all this mess.
Re: What The Cast Screen Option Means On Your Android Device. by ferdison(m): 11:30am On Sep 02, 2016
thanks for the info.. Pls how much did U buy ur Easy Cast...?
Re: What The Cast Screen Option Means On Your Android Device. by symbianDON(m): 11:31am On Sep 02, 2016
Samsung devices call it screen mirroring in their devices. also, windows 8.1 devices can cast seamlessly to tv while in Windows 10 the feature is available but it's harder to connect if the proper drivers aren't installed.
Re: What The Cast Screen Option Means On Your Android Device. by dynamo007(m): 11:33am On Sep 02, 2016
davodyguy:
Some of us have been watching matches via phone to tv using Hdmi technology for a while now.

We have this IPTV android apps and when we are streaming live matches on the phone, we get it displayed on the TV big screen, without cast screen undecided lipsrsealed
plz tel me m ore abt d hdmi thing does it work on all android?
Re: What The Cast Screen Option Means On Your Android Device. by Guyman02: 11:33am On Sep 02, 2016
The issue is that the cost of dongle is quiet expensive for TVs without wireless display especially chrome Cast, how do you buy on gearbest in dollars without dorm account and get them to ship to Nigeria? I can see that the cost is $11 on gearbest
Re: What The Cast Screen Option Means On Your Android Device. by jamb20s: 11:36am On Sep 02, 2016
My TCL 32inch Smart TV came with Intel Wireless Display and i do cast the screen of my Tecno C5 with it with zero problems ..

life's easy with Smart TVs
Re: What The Cast Screen Option Means On Your Android Device. by incrediboooh(m): 11:37am On Sep 02, 2016
Cool cool...na to dey cast remain now :cheesy

1 Like

Re: What The Cast Screen Option Means On Your Android Device. by khalhokage(m): 11:37am On Sep 02, 2016
ferdison:
thanks for the info..
Pls how much did U buy ur Easy Cast...?

About $12 for the 2.4G version, but remember this was before the high exchange rate.

1 Like

Re: What The Cast Screen Option Means On Your Android Device. by demsid(m): 11:41am On Sep 02, 2016
Nice info. I've always been looking for a way to use this castscreen on my phone.i would on the cast screen search tire I won't still connect to the led 43'' lg TV. I gave up thinking the TV no quality reach maybe na 200k tvs e go work for. Now where can we get the original casting device in this country.
Re: What The Cast Screen Option Means On Your Android Device. by demsid(m): 11:46am On Sep 02, 2016
jamb20s:
My TCL 32inch Smart TV came with Intel Wireless Display and i do cast the screen of my Tecno C5 with it with zero problems ..

life's easy with Smart TVs
how much is the TV?
Re: What The Cast Screen Option Means On Your Android Device. by ItsawrapOutfit: 11:46am On Sep 02, 2016
Good to know
Re: What The Cast Screen Option Means On Your Android Device. by Thundeh(m): 11:46am On Sep 02, 2016
OP thanks for the info. How much did you buy the easycast?
Re: What The Cast Screen Option Means On Your Android Device. by demsid(m): 11:47am On Sep 02, 2016
davodyguy:

that's using wire. Hdmi cord, but this guy is talking about wireless
Re: What The Cast Screen Option Means On Your Android Device. by nototribalist: 11:48am On Sep 02, 2016
I have it on my infinix zero 2
Re: What The Cast Screen Option Means On Your Android Device. by aadvark: 11:50am On Sep 02, 2016
davodyguy:

without cast screen? how? pls explain
Re: What The Cast Screen Option Means On Your Android Device. by jamb20s: 12:13pm On Sep 02, 2016
demsid:
how much is the TV?
58k from Konga (promo price)
Re: What The Cast Screen Option Means On Your Android Device. by EmmyUrch: 12:20pm On Sep 02, 2016
codenamezero:
contact me. I sell it too. 08135672989
Re: What The Cast Screen Option Means On Your Android Device. by loobby(m): 12:33pm On Sep 02, 2016
Techno users will be like

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What The Cast Screen Option Means On Your Android Device. by Thukzee01(m): 12:39pm On Sep 02, 2016
Abeg oo which one be cast screen
Re: What The Cast Screen Option Means On Your Android Device. by loobby(m): 12:40pm On Sep 02, 2016

(1) (2) (Reply)

Naija Smartphonomics: The Economics Of Buying A Smart Phone In Nigeria / Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network / Please Recommend A New Phone For 50K Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.