Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,155 members, 7,821,931 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

5 Life-changing Things To Do This September - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / 5 Life-changing Things To Do This September (16860 Views)

Come And Have Fun At The Fiesta Souk This September!!! / A September To Remember- Eight Lagos Events To Experience This September. / 2face And MI To Headline A Show In Lagos This September (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Life-changing Things To Do This September by deantimes(m): 7:50am On Sep 02, 2016
Largely regarded as the first in the line of “ember” months, September ushers in the last quarter of the year. Despite the heavy downpours and waterlogged thoroughfares, we at Jumia Travel are super excited to welcome the month as it not only heralds a chain of festivals, shows and celebrations as well as offer a prime opportunity to pack up and plan a getaway, but it is also the perfect time to opt for a life-changing experience.

There is way too much pressure in January to make resolutions and stick to them or engage in life-changing activities; so, why not try in September? Gird your loins, here are 5 life-changing things you should definitely try to do all through this September.

Laugh for five minutes every morning

This may seem utterly ridiculous scheduling time for laughter every morning for 30 days; however, it certainly yields a life changing experience. Not only do you stand to gain immense physiological and psychological benefits, researchers believe that laughter just might be the best medicine, helping you not only shed off depression but burn calories, too. Research shows that 10-15 minutes of laughter actually burns 50 calories. Basically, laughing for just a couple of minutes every day could be a serious game-changer for your everyday mood and total physique.

Read a book a week

Reading has a significant number of benefits. From mental stimulation to stress reduction, vocabulary expansion improved focus and concentration as well as analytical skills; reading regularly at least one book per week for the whole of September would certainly change your life. Rather than focus on tweets, Facebook updates, and Instagram, go to Jumia.com right now and order 4 books. A book can expedite a major change in how you work, live or love.

Write and keep a journal

A majority of people get put off by the idea of journaling, but in reality, it is one of the most effective ways to know yourself and fill your inner well with self-love and self-knowledge. Not only will journaling help you keep track of how you progress in within the month, it instills in you a level of positivity, which if you can adopt and maintain for the rest of your life, you can acquire true happiness.

Go to a new place every day

Ensuring you visit and explore a new place every day for the 30 days in September seems far-fetched and even daunting, but it can be achieved. You really do not have to go as far as another state, city or even just another street. You can go to places as simple and random as a toilet in a different department/floor. The entire experience transforms you, instilling confidence and rekindling your adventure spirit.

Explore Your Spirituality

No matter your age, sex or race, you are bound to have a level of interest in spirituality. Spirituality is not just a tool to help us rise above the common challenges of life. It is also a means to realize our potential as human beings. Spend the whole of September asking yourself tough questions and listening every day for the answers. The specific answers to the questions you find yourself asking are not important as the question. The question makes you think deeper and sees life differently.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/09/5-life-changing-things-september/

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Life-changing Things To Do This September by omogidi234(m): 7:58am On Sep 02, 2016
Thanks a lot.
Re: 5 Life-changing Things To Do This September by fullblast(m): 8:12am On Sep 02, 2016
Laughing is all good and very healthy buur doing it without reason For 30 days when you are not living alone...It will so hard convincing family n neighbours or collegues that madness ain't around d corner grin

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Life-changing Things To Do This September by YoungHustler: 8:49am On Sep 02, 2016
fullblast:
Laughing is all good and very healthy buur doing it without reason For 30 days when you are not living alone...It will so hard convincing family n neighbours or collegues that madness ain't around d corner grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 5 Life-changing Things To Do This September by ELTON123(m): 11:24am On Sep 02, 2016
fullblast:
grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Life-changing Things To Do This September by cnwokike(m): 11:24am On Sep 02, 2016
HMMMMMMMMMMMM

Re: 5 Life-changing Things To Do This September by Johnbosco77(m): 11:26am On Sep 02, 2016
superstitious "ember months"

given mistaken intent.
Re: 5 Life-changing Things To Do This September by Dongreat(m): 11:26am On Sep 02, 2016
Now who ever composed this is a very, very sad person with no taste for fine writing. 'Going to new place everyday'? Now this is only done by a jobless man with no commitments. In fact everything on the list are done every month and there are no five ways rubbish things to do every particular month.
Re: 5 Life-changing Things To Do This September by handysuzy(f): 11:26am On Sep 02, 2016
Ember sh1t
Re: 5 Life-changing Things To Do This September by prahcetomi(m): 11:26am On Sep 02, 2016
In This country..
Re: 5 Life-changing Things To Do This September by faruz: 11:27am On Sep 02, 2016
grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Life-changing Things To Do This September by Proffdada: 11:27am On Sep 02, 2016
6. Smoke weed
7. Play nairabet
8 devote less time to NL tribalism and more to Nigerian optimism 9 you can add yours grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Life-changing Things To Do This September by AK481(m): 11:27am On Sep 02, 2016
op may God bless you.

and bless me too grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Life-changing Things To Do This September by AleAirHub(m): 11:27am On Sep 02, 2016
Nice one and the last point was my may conscience this morning before I left to office...

Bravo @ Op
Re: 5 Life-changing Things To Do This September by Nobody: 11:28am On Sep 02, 2016
Cool stuff
Re: 5 Life-changing Things To Do This September by weezii(m): 11:28am On Sep 02, 2016
Catch some fun,
Lend a helping hand,
Make sacrifices even though times are tough

7 Likes

Re: 5 Life-changing Things To Do This September by Obiomon: 11:29am On Sep 02, 2016
Ehhm ion still get it! Laughing every monrning?? You mean when I wake I wu just go and be laughing for no reason I would explain to my fam! Wtf undecided

Now I know the life changing you talking aboutundecided
Re: 5 Life-changing Things To Do This September by slimpoppa(m): 11:29am On Sep 02, 2016
i see
Re: 5 Life-changing Things To Do This September by nairaman66(m): 11:29am On Sep 02, 2016
Back from my ban!! NL modz wadoo! Keep up the slave mentality..

Nice post by the way.
Re: 5 Life-changing Things To Do This September by Dething: 11:32am On Sep 02, 2016
okay. mmmcctteewww!!!! undecided
Re: 5 Life-changing Things To Do This September by abnur14(m): 11:32am On Sep 02, 2016
hope this works ..in this current situation..smh
Re: 5 Life-changing Things To Do This September by Ajimmyco(m): 11:33am On Sep 02, 2016
The laughter starts now.. . Thumbs up bro. Nice one.
Re: 5 Life-changing Things To Do This September by Nobody: 11:33am On Sep 02, 2016
Read a book a week

Reading has a significant number of benefits. From mental stimulation to stress reduction, vocabulary expansion improved focus and concentration as well as analytical skills; reading regularly at least one book per week for the whole of September would certainly change your life. Rather than focus on tweets, Facebook updates, and Instagram, go to Jumia.com right now and order 4 books. A book can expedite a major change in how you work, live or love.

Write and keep a journal

A majority of people get put off by the idea of journaling, but in reality, it is one of the most effective ways to know yourself and fill your inner well with self-love and self-knowledge. Not only will journaling help you keep track of how you prog
who this ones help angry angry hungry man no get time for book nau.... undecided
Re: 5 Life-changing Things To Do This September by Emeka71(m): 11:33am On Sep 02, 2016
2 other things to do this season are:
1. Buy a dog; and name your dog Buhari.
2. Browse this forum everyday.
Re: 5 Life-changing Things To Do This September by Pavore9: 11:34am On Sep 02, 2016
I am taking interest in traditional religion cutting across tribes and it is triggering new perspectives on life

1 Like

Re: 5 Life-changing Things To Do This September by demsid(m): 11:35am On Sep 02, 2016
This post does not make sense to me. I even think say na one better tin way person go do and him life go change one time. Owo ni koko

1 Like

Re: 5 Life-changing Things To Do This September by McBrooklyn(m): 11:37am On Sep 02, 2016
The only way to survive in this Buharinized economy is either you steal, be a working boy, play Nairabet or you join bahd gang cool

2 Likes

Re: 5 Life-changing Things To Do This September by abuomaIV(m): 11:42am On Sep 02, 2016
so I should leave my work/business because I want to go somewhere new abi? You well so?

1 Like

Re: 5 Life-changing Things To Do This September by ItsawrapOutfit: 11:47am On Sep 02, 2016
Interesting
Re: 5 Life-changing Things To Do This September by SAMBARRY: 11:48am On Sep 02, 2016
Have good sex angry

Get that waist working now angry
Re: 5 Life-changing Things To Do This September by ugosly(m): 11:48am On Sep 02, 2016
abuomaIV:
so I should leave my work/business because I want to go somewhere new abi? You well so?
Mr notice me, dont always be in a hurry to post crap, ensure you read before making childish comments...

2 Likes

Re: 5 Life-changing Things To Do This September by Britzdon(m): 11:49am On Sep 02, 2016
deantimes:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/09/5-life-changing-things-september/
ihe a ide eba bu confam Nonsense my man,
O weghi Isi na odu

(1) (2) (Reply)

Happy Birthday Seun / Is 1 Million Naira Enough For Wedding In This Time And Age ? / Lady Recounts Her Near-death Experience At A Newly-opened Waterpark In Lagos VID

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.