Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,671 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

Follow These 6 Simple Steps To Start Your Own Online Business Today - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Follow These 6 Simple Steps To Start Your Own Online Business Today (39766 Views)

Simple Steps To Develop A Second Source Of Income In Nigeria / 6 Simple Reasons Banks Won’t Grant Your Business Loan Request / Onitsha Mall Opens For Business Today- Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Follow These 6 Simple Steps To Start Your Own Online Business Today by importexpert(m): 9:24am On Sep 02, 2016
Good Morning Nairalanders, my earlier post was "7 reasons why you should start your online business Now". the post was meant to help the Nairaland community think and see reasons why they should not be too dependent on the Nigerian Economy and source for alternative sources of income as other people from developing countries like India, Bangladesh and Pakistan have done. i want my series of post to inspire the Nairaland community to wake up and research alternate sources of income online.

Starting your own online business can offer many benefits. You can run it as a full time project, or it can be something that you do in your free time as a side business. The internet never sleeps so profits can keep coming in at any hour of the day, even when you're sleeping or on holiday.

You don't have to be a technical expert to start your own online business. i am of the believe that if you can register and use Nairaland then you can start up an online business if you have the proper information. Here are the 6 steps to follow.

1. Decide On Your Trade

Before you start your own online business you have to decide what it is you want to trade online? is it Mini online importation, freelancing, Affiliate marketing, Plr Publishing, web development, drop shipping, information marketing etc. you have to be specific and focused on choosing your trade. please do not choose any of the above for making quick money. see it as setting up an offline business for long time profit.

2. Decide On Your market

we have now decided on a particular trade. now we will have to choose a market. lets take an example that we choose mini-online importation in Number 1, now is the time to decide what to sell, who to sell to, where to sell etc. you will have to decide if you will be selling baby clothing, fashion jewelries, phones, shoes, perfumes etc. The more focused you are on a specific industry or niche, the greater chance you will have in selling to your target audience. If you try to sell everything to everyone you will almost certainly end up selling nothing to anyone. so please be specific.

3. Sourcing For The Right Product To Sell

Once you have decided on your trade and market you need to source for some products or services to sell to that market. in Mini-online importation you will have to get those products from the cheapest online stores around the world if you choose Information marketing earlier, You can either create these yourself or you can sell other products produced by other information marketers as an affiliate or by obtaining the resell or master resell right to the product. This is one of the great things about starting your own online business. You don't have to produce your own products or even buy stock from manufactures. You act as an affiliate of the product and you get paid a commission when you make a sale.

i mentioned resell right and master resell right above. resell right gives you the right and license to resell other peoples product without altering the name of the author, his links, his portfolio and the entire work.

for master resell right, you can edit everything and claim the authorship legally.

4. Build A Website where Necessary

A lot of potential entrepreneurs are put off the online business world because they don't think that they can build a website. But there are many software programs available that make the whole process easy. Or, you can outsource the web building phase for somebody else to do for you. in some business models like the mini-online importation you do not necessary need a website as you will be selling through classified ads site, eCommerce sites, forums, offline sources etc.

5. Get People To Visit Your Product

There are two main strategies to get people to either your own website, where ever it is that you displayed your products for sell or your affiliate link . You can buy website traffic in the form of advertisements that appear on other websites or on social media. Or you can generate free website traffic. This can be done through various ways. they may include but not limited to, fully optimizing your website so that it's picked up by the search engines, uploading good quality content to social media with links back to your website, forum posting etc.

6. Build An Email List Of Customers

When a website visitor first comes to your site, it's unlikely that they will buy anything from you there and then. So you have to build that trust and relationship with them. The best way to do this is via an email capture box on your website. To get the emails of your prospects you will need to offer them something of value in return that is connected to your business. This could be a free report or eBook that provides useful info to your customer about your products or services. Once they give you their email you can then remain in contact via email to tell them more about the benefits of your products and services.

conclusion

remember that their have never been a map so detailed that it moved the owner an inch from where he is. only action can do it. procrastination is said to be a decision of those likely to fail. you are not a failure. do not procrastinate and create an alternative source of income today save the Nigerian economy.

i hope you enjoyed reading this piece and have learned something from it. feel free to ask questions in the comment section

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Follow These 6 Simple Steps To Start Your Own Online Business Today by importexpert(m): 9:25am On Sep 02, 2016
still thinking of a profitable online business to do? see my work on mini importation at www.importsng.com
Re: Follow These 6 Simple Steps To Start Your Own Online Business Today by femiabiolajamb(f): 10:17am On Sep 02, 2016
importexpert:
your questions are highly welcome.

it was a great read my mentor. thanks for this one. i will be here with my popcorn cup till lalasticlala parades us to fp. i dedicate this ftc to all my geeks in kwara state cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Follow These 6 Simple Steps To Start Your Own Online Business Today by importexpert(m): 11:35am On Sep 02, 2016
femiabiolajamb:

it was a great read my mentor. thanks for this one. i will be here with my popcorn cup till lalasticlala parades us to fp. i dedicate this ftc to all my geeks in kwara state cheesy

thanks bro. why not dedicate it to ur online family ?
Re: Follow These 6 Simple Steps To Start Your Own Online Business Today by opalu: 12:03pm On Sep 02, 2016
Wow
Re: Follow These 6 Simple Steps To Start Your Own Online Business Today by geostrata(m): 12:05pm On Sep 02, 2016
grin

[size=16pt]$1000 PAYONEER FUNDS URGENTLY NEEDED @350/$[/size]

Please contact me if you have to sell..... wink wink cheesy cheesy
Re: Follow These 6 Simple Steps To Start Your Own Online Business Today by bignero: 12:06pm On Sep 02, 2016
nigerian wont be found on this thread

if its inhaling mark zukerbergs fart or defending why he wears the same shirt all year round, they will abound.

my question...i built a site with shopify...but i have to pay monthly for hosting and during this time that dollar is mightly high, arent there other options available,i mean local coy who can host the site and i dont have to pay in dollars?

2 Likes

Re: Follow These 6 Simple Steps To Start Your Own Online Business Today by wrecksfurd(m): 12:07pm On Sep 02, 2016
Great read. Online businesses IMO is more convenient than most offline businesses.
Re: Follow These 6 Simple Steps To Start Your Own Online Business Today by puregrace(m): 12:10pm On Sep 02, 2016
Can u explain more on the freelancer you made mention of? Been following your topics but my problem IS TRUST. So that it would not be like you are also looking for your own way of making profit off serious Nigerians. I thanks
Re: Follow These 6 Simple Steps To Start Your Own Online Business Today by anthoniaz(f): 12:13pm On Sep 02, 2016
Nice
Re: Follow These 6 Simple Steps To Start Your Own Online Business Today by puregrace(m): 12:14pm On Sep 02, 2016
wrecksfurd:
Great read. Online businesses IMO is more convenient than most offline businesses.
Someone refer me to fiverr.com the but everything just be like nothing for there.... Can you please shed more light
Re: Follow These 6 Simple Steps To Start Your Own Online Business Today by neksummi(m): 12:19pm On Sep 02, 2016
Good points.

But unfortunately these are not the type of things Nigerians are interested in. Like easy and quick money like MMM Nigeria. But I have a warning from SEC for them:

A friend of mine posted this on facebook:

To all my friends that have been brainwashed into investing into MMM, the Federal Government is warning you to run for your life...

www.sec.gov.ng/the-attention-of-the-securities-and-exchange-commission-nigeria-sec-has-been-drawn-to-the-activities-of-an-online-investment-scheme-tagged-mmm-federal-republic-of-nigeria/
Re: Follow These 6 Simple Steps To Start Your Own Online Business Today by miqos02(m): 12:20pm On Sep 02, 2016
nice
Re: Follow These 6 Simple Steps To Start Your Own Online Business Today by registration(m): 12:25pm On Sep 02, 2016
you are right....
Website is needed.
Re: Follow These 6 Simple Steps To Start Your Own Online Business Today by importexpert(m): 12:26pm On Sep 02, 2016
bignero:

if its inhaling mark zukerbergs fart or defending why he wears the same shirt all year round, they will abound.

my question...i built a site with shopify...but i have to pay monthly for hosting and during this time that dollar is mightly high, arent there other options available,i mean local coy who can host the site and i dont have to pay in dollars?

search for web hosting service at bhw. you will get extremely cheap prices that u will not think of the dollar. I wish u success
Re: Follow These 6 Simple Steps To Start Your Own Online Business Today by Pylony(m): 12:26pm On Sep 02, 2016
Thank you sir for the info.
But sir, i'll like to Start affiliate business online my major problem is how to open a paypal account to trap all my online earnings as a Nigerian.
Re: Follow These 6 Simple Steps To Start Your Own Online Business Today by Davland(m): 12:27pm On Sep 02, 2016
Still needs a tutor on dis online business tinz
Re: Follow These 6 Simple Steps To Start Your Own Online Business Today by solid3(m): 12:29pm On Sep 02, 2016
Following, I really wish I know how to import from China. I have money laying fallow.
Re: Follow These 6 Simple Steps To Start Your Own Online Business Today by femiabiolajamb(f): 12:30pm On Sep 02, 2016
wrecksfurd:

true talk
Re: Follow These 6 Simple Steps To Start Your Own Online Business Today by femiabiolajamb(f): 12:32pm On Sep 02, 2016
puregrace:
Can u explain more on the freelancer you made mention of? Been following your topics but my problem IS TRUST. So that it would not be like you are also looking for your own way of making profit off serious Nigerians. I thanks

try to locate someone you trust to help you with the explanation cheesy
Re: Follow These 6 Simple Steps To Start Your Own Online Business Today by neksummi(m): 12:33pm On Sep 02, 2016
bignero:

Use this Nigerian host

Anyone wishing to start an online biz can read my story for inspiration:

www.solidimeducation.com/about-neksummi
Re: Follow These 6 Simple Steps To Start Your Own Online Business Today by importexpert(m): 12:34pm On Sep 02, 2016
Pylony:
Thank you sir for the info.
But sir, i'll like to Start affiliate business online my major problem is how to open a paypal account to trap all my online earnings as a Nigerian.

kindly contact experts that are into foreign pp opening.
Re: Follow These 6 Simple Steps To Start Your Own Online Business Today by IMASTEX: 12:40pm On Sep 02, 2016
Good information
Re: Follow These 6 Simple Steps To Start Your Own Online Business Today by Pylony(m): 12:41pm On Sep 02, 2016
importexpert:

kindly contact experts that are into foreign pp opening.
Ok
Re: Follow These 6 Simple Steps To Start Your Own Online Business Today by Student125(m): 12:42pm On Sep 02, 2016
Nice one but I have one problem with some online client, they cannot be trusted. how can one deal with that?
Re: Follow These 6 Simple Steps To Start Your Own Online Business Today by Eruditerichy(m): 12:47pm On Sep 02, 2016
oga,whc online bizness r u currently doing n wat are they proofs dat u r doing well?
Re: Follow These 6 Simple Steps To Start Your Own Online Business Today by Goodnuel: 12:48pm On Sep 02, 2016
solid3:
Following, I really wish I know how to import from China. I have money laying fallow.
Very very easy.. If you have things you want to import in mind, you just have to visit some Chinese sites, create an account with them, link your Nigerian bank card, source for what you want, if you get the prices and specs you want, you buy. It's delivered to the nearest post office to you. Some delivery r for free, others are paid for and you can also use Nigerian third parties to ship to nigeria(this might be expensive). Hope this helps.
Re: Follow These 6 Simple Steps To Start Your Own Online Business Today by iykepromotions: 12:49pm On Sep 02, 2016
Though dollar to naira is high but the right time to do online business is now. And what i mean by online business is international online business where you will be PAID in dollars. Any idea? If not, learn how to make money with EXPIRED domain names. All you need is the right key to buy an expired domain name for as low as $9.99 USD, park it and resell it higher elsewhere. For free details go to this awareness thread to learn more; https://www.nairaland.com/2540836/what-make-money-online
Re: Follow These 6 Simple Steps To Start Your Own Online Business Today by iykepromotions: 12:51pm On Sep 02, 2016
solid3:
frankly this is not the right time to import especially for a mini importer.

1 Like

Re: Follow These 6 Simple Steps To Start Your Own Online Business Today by puregrace(m): 12:52pm On Sep 02, 2016
femiabiolajamb:

No one really knows anything about online biz, all they say is online biz is a scam scam and scam
Re: Follow These 6 Simple Steps To Start Your Own Online Business Today by puregrace(m): 12:52pm On Sep 02, 2016
femiabiolajamb:

No one I know really knows anything about online biz, all they say is online biz is a scam scam and scam
Re: Follow These 6 Simple Steps To Start Your Own Online Business Today by corjiakor(m): 12:54pm On Sep 02, 2016
you are right....

Website is needed.

You can sign up for hosting and free .com domain at the cheapest price via http://orjiakor.com/goto/godaddy-hosting/
Then contact me, I will design it free for you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Will Nigerians Boycott Banks On Tuesday? / 7 Differences Between The Poor And The Rich / Transnational Corporation of Nigeria Plc (Transcorp)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.