Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,586 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Crude Export To Increase By 380,000b/d In Days - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Crude Export To Increase By 380,000b/d In Days (10255 Views)

Femi Falana Protesting Fuel Price Increase By Jonathan In 2012 (Throwback Pic) / Kachikwu: Nigeria Will Need Extra 900,000b/d To Recover Oil Lost To Militancy / Nigeria Can Survive ZERO Crude Export This Year. US Fund To Raise $2 Billion (2) (3) (4)

Crude Export To Increase By 380,000b/d In Days by Nobody: 2:38pm On Sep 02, 2016
Crude oil export from Nigeria is expected to increase by about 380,000 barrels per day in the next few days, following the expected return of Shell’s Forcados crude pipeline by mid September.

The Chief Executive Officer, Shoreline Group, Mr. Kola Karim, on Wednesday, stated that Shell Nigeria’s Forcados crude oil pipeline would resume deliveries by September.

Karim, who spoke to Bloomberg, said, “We are hearing Forcados is due to return at the middle of next month. It has been a tough situation for us these past couple of months.”

In its latest Financial and Operations report for June 2016, the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation revealed that the subsisting Force Majeure at Forcados Terminal meant that about 380,000 barrels of oil per day remained shut in.

The Forcados pipeline system is amongoil infrastructure targeted by Nigerian militants this year.

In February, Shell declared force majeure, a legal clause that allows it to stop shipments without breaching contracts, after militants blew up a line feeding the Forcados terminal, which typically exports about 200,000 barrels a day.

Of that, Shoreline sends about 52,000 barrels a day, according to Bloomberg.A Lagos-based spokesman for Shell, Precious Okolobo, declined to commenton Wednesday.

While the Niger Delta Avengers, which claimed most attacks in Nigeria’s oil heartland this year, have announced a halt to hostilities, other militant groups have emerged.

The Niger Delta Greenland Justice Mandate claimed an assault this week on the Ogor-Oteri pipeline, which is run by the Nigerian Petroleum Development Company and Shoreline and was already halted following a previous attack on Forcados.

“It’s key to note that there are other groups now trying to assert themselves,” Dolapo Oni, the Lagos-based head of Ecobank Energy Research, said by phone. “Nevertheless,it shouldn’t prevent the September opening.”

Shoreline is still trying to pinpoint the location and assess the damage from Tuesday’s attack in Delta State, Karim said.

Nigeria expects to pump 1.5 million barrels a day “at best” this year, Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Dr. Ibe Kachikwu, had said on August 12.Nigeria, an OPEC member, produced about two million barrels a day last year.

“With Forcados, we are likely to regain output at 1.8 million barrels a day and should be able to sustain that till year-end, which is a major boost for government revenue,” Oni said

http://m.punchng.com/crude-export-increase-380000bd-days/

Re: Crude Export To Increase By 380,000b/d In Days by Nobody: 2:39pm On Sep 02, 2016
“With Forcados, we are likely to regain output at 1.8 million barrels a day and should be able to sustain that till year-end, which is a major boost for government revenue,”

It marvels me how this govt keeps denying possession of sufficient revenue even when it is glaring that immense funds keeps pouring in into their coffers. The 4.3+trn recovered from looters, the 1.4trn saved from fuel subsidy removal, the immeasurable external grants, the revenue from rail way systems and other govt parastatals, the taxes and rates. and above all, the enormous revenue sourced from crude oil exports are not sufficient to revive the economy?
the problem of this govt is incompetence, cluelessness and confusion.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crude Export To Increase By 380,000b/d In Days by ladyF(f): 2:44pm On Sep 02, 2016
The avengers would not like this news... grin

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

[size=5pt]Make I go continue my search for Skrill funds...freelancers, forexers, biko epp me[/size]

Re: Crude Export To Increase By 380,000b/d In Days by Nobody: 2:48pm On Sep 02, 2016
Nigeria Defense Avengers would be thinking so hard now grin

Re: Crude Export To Increase By 380,000b/d In Days by Adminisher: 2:49pm On Sep 02, 2016
Death should now await any community that harbours eco-terrorists of any hue. They should be levelled completely. Any terrorists caught should not be spared the most horrific torture. The Jonathan that inspired the attacks should also be kept under security watch. Any suspicious call or meeting should provoke immediate arrest. He should explain why Nigeria that honoured him with high offices in spite of his modest abilities should be visited with economic sabotage from an ex President no less

Re: Crude Export To Increase By 380,000b/d In Days by Standing5(m): 2:50pm On Sep 02, 2016
Jonathan finished this country both in and out of power.

Re: Crude Export To Increase By 380,000b/d In Days by Standing5(m): 2:51pm On Sep 02, 2016
Adminisher:
Death should now await any community that harbours eco-terrorists of any hue. They should be levelled completely. Any terrorists caught should not be spared the most horrific torture. The Jonathan that inspired the attacks should also be kept under security watch. Any suspicious call or meeting should provoke immediate arrest. He should explain why Nigeria that honoured him with high offices in spite of his modest abilities should be visited with economic sabotage from an ex President no less
Why death? Is it because they have no Girls to negotiate with?

Re: Crude Export To Increase By 380,000b/d In Days by princemillla(m): 2:51pm On Sep 02, 2016
This is a welcome development, and I pray God should intervene to the last.

In a way, avengers has Really forced many Nigerians to think out of the box tho... Diversification has taking over tongue

Meanwhile, check pic below grin..... Its the beginning of wisdom for avengers

Re: Crude Export To Increase By 380,000b/d In Days by Standing5(m): 2:55pm On Sep 02, 2016
ladyF:
Never. Their strategy to cripple the system before unleashing the cyber avengers is being managed well by Buhari's govt.

Re: Crude Export To Increase By 380,000b/d In Days by Qmerit(m): 2:58pm On Sep 02, 2016
Another bad news for negative/bad news- brain syndrome association of Nigeria

Re: Crude Export To Increase By 380,000b/d In Days by princemillla(m): 2:59pm On Sep 02, 2016
ladyF:

Is this really you, what has change shocked

Re: Crude Export To Increase By 380,000b/d In Days by ladyF(f): 3:07pm On Sep 02, 2016
princemillla:

Is this really you, what has change shocked
lol...how dear? grin
Re: Crude Export To Increase By 380,000b/d In Days by princemillla(m): 3:08pm On Sep 02, 2016
ladyF:

lol...how dear? grin

You no longer occupy your ftc. Have you repent. Abi breeze of chaji Don over blow you embarassed
Re: Crude Export To Increase By 380,000b/d In Days by ladyF(f): 3:14pm On Sep 02, 2016
princemillla:

You no longer occupy your ftc. Have you repent. Abi breeze of chaji Don over blow you embarassed
Na chainge. I dey manage this my 50mb for a whole month. Baba God go pick up my call soon, no worry. grin

Re: Crude Export To Increase By 380,000b/d In Days by princemillla(m): 3:22pm On Sep 02, 2016
ladyF:

Na chainge. I dey manage this my 50mb for a whole month. Baba God go pick up my call soon, no worry. grin

Amen, atleast you get money to buy mb... embarassed chanji indeed(am not wailing oooo cheesy but I dey feel the rave.

By the way, put your phone for auto redial make ur call disturb baba God well grin
Re: Crude Export To Increase By 380,000b/d In Days by Flexherbal(m): 3:39pm On Sep 02, 2016
We have heard.
Re: Crude Export To Increase By 380,000b/d In Days by Nobody: 3:55pm On Sep 02, 2016
Adminisher:
Enough of these spurious, beguiling and besmirching axiomatic allegations, can you substantiate your assertion that Jonathan is actually behind NDA??

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Crude Export To Increase By 380,000b/d In Days by Nairastake: 7:48am On Sep 03, 2016
We pray
Re: Crude Export To Increase By 380,000b/d In Days by clefstone(m): 7:48am On Sep 03, 2016
Maybe our geriatric president will eventually reverse his decision to end pipeline protection contract to ex-militant just as he has adopted the great GEJ's agricultural program. If u don't know what to write in an exam the next best thing to do is copy #copycatbuhari

Re: Crude Export To Increase By 380,000b/d In Days by Nairadays: 7:49am On Sep 03, 2016
Good News, lemme continue my yoga lessons.

http://www.nairadays.com/2016/09/03/yoga-on-the-plane/

Re: Crude Export To Increase By 380,000b/d In Days by sammyj: 7:50am On Sep 03, 2016
Good news for Nigeria and Bad news for the children of hates and the wailing wailers association !!! grin grin grin
Re: Crude Export To Increase By 380,000b/d In Days by Modsenemy(f): 7:50am On Sep 03, 2016
To increase .....

Let it increase first abeg
Re: Crude Export To Increase By 380,000b/d In Days by Nobody: 7:51am On Sep 03, 2016
Re: Crude Export To Increase By 380,000b/d In Days by sarrki(m): 7:54am On Sep 03, 2016
Good news
Re: Crude Export To Increase By 380,000b/d In Days by JonSnow(m): 7:55am On Sep 03, 2016
With juju or what?
Re: Crude Export To Increase By 380,000b/d In Days by Miles300: 7:58am On Sep 03, 2016
blueto:
Enough of these spurious, beguiling and besmirching axiomatic allegations, can you substantiate your assertion that Jonathan is actually behind NDA??
u dey mind them everything dey read or hear they just accept it , the media can also be a tool for deception
Re: Crude Export To Increase By 380,000b/d In Days by benueguy(m): 8:01am On Sep 03, 2016
Adminisher:
na so

Re: Crude Export To Increase By 380,000b/d In Days by nonjebose(m): 8:04am On Sep 03, 2016
Modsenemy:
To increase .....

Let it increase first abeg
Thank you, jare. Even the Shell personnel refused to comment, according to the report. I wonder when the narratives will become definitive
Re: Crude Export To Increase By 380,000b/d In Days by CuteTj(m): 8:11am On Sep 03, 2016
At least revenue would be boosted a bit
Re: Crude Export To Increase By 380,000b/d In Days by pepigeorge(m): 8:14am On Sep 03, 2016
Wot will cattle/ day export increase by?

BREAKING: Nationwide Jubilation As Acting President Osinbajo Humbles Fashola, / Buhari: My Visit To South-east, Strong Expression Of My Belief In One Nigeria / FG Sets February Deadline For Lagos-ibadan Standard Gauge rail Line