Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,822 members, 7,817,398 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

I Am Impressed By Your Simplicity, Buhari Tells Zuckerberg - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Impressed By Your Simplicity, Buhari Tells Zuckerberg (38503 Views)

"I Will Never Forget Your Sacrifices" - President Buhari Tells His Supporters / Economy: Recession Will End Soon, Buhari Tells Nigerians / Ambassador's List: Buhari Tells APC Governors To Put Complaints In Writing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Impressed By Your Simplicity, Buhari Tells Zuckerberg by DONSMITH123(m): 3:41pm On Sep 02, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday commended the Chief Executive Officer and Co-founder of social networking website, Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg, for sharing his wealth of knowledge with Nigerian youths, and inspiring a new generation of entrepreneurs.

According to a statement by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, the President spoke while granting audience to Zuckerberg at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

Buhari said the various meetings held with Nigerian youths since his arrival in the country were most timely as the country was already exploring opportunities to spur development through entrepreneurship.

He said, “Nigeria has always been identified as a country with great potential for growth, especially with our youthful population, but now we are moving beyond the potential to reality.

“I am impressed by your simplicity in sharing your knowledge and wealth with those with less income.”

The President noted that the simplicity and magnanimity of the entrepreneur, who is among the world’s richest men, had also challenged the culture of lavish wealth display and impulsive spending that had become peculiar to Nigerians.

“In our culture, we are not used to seeing successful people appear like you. We are not used to seeing successful people jogging and sweating on the streets.

“We are more used to seeing successful people in air-conditioned places. We are happy you are well-off and simple enough to always share,” he said.

In his remarks, Zuckerberg said he was impressed by the interest, energy and entrepreneurial spirit displayed by young Nigerians in all the ICT camps that he had visited.

“I was highly impressed by the talent of the youths in the Co-creation Hub in Yaba. I was blown away by their talent and the level of energy that I saw,’’ he said.

Zuckerberg added that he is in the country to promote the penetration of “fast and cheap” internet connectivity, Express-wifi, that would help people create online businesses and reduce poverty.

http://punchng.com/i-am-impressed-by-your-simplicity-buhari-tells-zuckerberg/

25 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Am Impressed By Your Simplicity, Buhari Tells Zuckerberg by akinola107(m): 3:43pm On Sep 02, 2016
Government of pictures... Yinmu

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Impressed By Your Simplicity, Buhari Tells Zuckerberg by abokibuhari: 3:46pm On Sep 02, 2016
use less man of a President!!!

167 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Am Impressed By Your Simplicity, Buhari Tells Zuckerberg by Nobody: 3:46pm On Sep 02, 2016
This speech is an insult to all the people he met with in Lagos.

How sad .. @presidency

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Impressed By Your Simplicity, Buhari Tells Zuckerberg by DONSMITH123(m): 3:47pm On Sep 02, 2016
abokibuhari:
use less man of a President!!!

lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: I Am Impressed By Your Simplicity, Buhari Tells Zuckerberg by VampireeM(f): 3:47pm On Sep 02, 2016
Zuckerberg added that he is in the country to promote the penetration of “fast and cheap” internet connectivity, Express-wifi, that would help people create online businesses and reduce poverty.

Lol.. Wondering if PMB, Mark Zuckerberg gave this reply to even have a clue on what wifi and co means gringringrin

78 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Am Impressed By Your Simplicity, Buhari Tells Zuckerberg by DONSMITH123(m): 3:50pm On Sep 02, 2016
VampireeM:

Lol.. Wondering if PMB, Mark Zuckerberg gave this reply to even have a clue on what wifi and co means gringringrin

Bubu don suffer cheesy

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Impressed By Your Simplicity, Buhari Tells Zuckerberg by Airforce1(m): 3:51pm On Sep 02, 2016
Does buhari know what Facebook is and how it works?

Just asking

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Impressed By Your Simplicity, Buhari Tells Zuckerberg by Flexherbal(m): 3:52pm On Sep 02, 2016
Our leaders should also provide an enabling environment for our youth.

12 Likes

Re: I Am Impressed By Your Simplicity, Buhari Tells Zuckerberg by princemillla(m): 3:52pm On Sep 02, 2016
DONSMITH123:

“I am impressed by your simplicity in sharing your knowledge and wealth with those with less income.”

http://punchng.com/i-am-impressed-by-your-simplicity-buhari-tells-zuckerberg/

Impressive if he really makes that comment. Hope Apc won't come out to debunk it later sha

12 Likes

Re: I Am Impressed By Your Simplicity, Buhari Tells Zuckerberg by SweetLove0(f): 3:52pm On Sep 02, 2016
mtchew
Re: I Am Impressed By Your Simplicity, Buhari Tells Zuckerberg by SweetLove0(f): 3:53pm On Sep 02, 2016
Flexherbal:
Our leaders should also provide an enabling environment for our youth.

gbam

2 Likes

Re: I Am Impressed By Your Simplicity, Buhari Tells Zuckerberg by Ellidude(m): 3:53pm On Sep 02, 2016
Don't just say it, Learn it!

1 Like

Re: I Am Impressed By Your Simplicity, Buhari Tells Zuckerberg by OsusuMustFlow(f): 3:55pm On Sep 02, 2016
Buhari sef
Re: I Am Impressed By Your Simplicity, Buhari Tells Zuckerberg by IVORY2009(m): 3:55pm On Sep 02, 2016
The visit of Mark to africa and Nigeria especially, its to enlighten our leaders that young people are about to take over!

21 Likes

Re: I Am Impressed By Your Simplicity, Buhari Tells Zuckerberg by clefstone(m): 4:20pm On Sep 02, 2016
Resign Bubu, resign

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Impressed By Your Simplicity, Buhari Tells Zuckerberg by Jay542(m): 4:22pm On Sep 02, 2016
That's how Mark did not visit Seun angry. He'll come back sha grin

9 Likes

Re: I Am Impressed By Your Simplicity, Buhari Tells Zuckerberg by veekid(m): 5:35pm On Sep 02, 2016
Ok
Re: I Am Impressed By Your Simplicity, Buhari Tells Zuckerberg by herzern1(m): 5:35pm On Sep 02, 2016
shocked
Re: I Am Impressed By Your Simplicity, Buhari Tells Zuckerberg by truthspeaks: 5:35pm On Sep 02, 2016
Buhari dat was forming simplicity b4 election, aftr election wat hapnd, his feeding budget has surpassed dat of Gej. Buhari is a 1st class hypocrite.

31 Likes

Re: I Am Impressed By Your Simplicity, Buhari Tells Zuckerberg by efilefun(m): 5:35pm On Sep 02, 2016
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Am Impressed By Your Simplicity, Buhari Tells Zuckerberg by jerryunit48: 5:35pm On Sep 02, 2016
Oya slap that Kenya guy

1 Like

Re: I Am Impressed By Your Simplicity, Buhari Tells Zuckerberg by loadedvibes: 5:35pm On Sep 02, 2016
I for insult Buhari now but he is d president of Nigeria I will not insult him

1 Like

Re: I Am Impressed By Your Simplicity, Buhari Tells Zuckerberg by rapistomenka: 5:36pm On Sep 02, 2016
While we Nigerians are not impressed with the Daura animals's pride and clueless dispositions undecided

8 Likes

Re: I Am Impressed By Your Simplicity, Buhari Tells Zuckerberg by DozieInc(m): 5:36pm On Sep 02, 2016
Re: I Am Impressed By Your Simplicity, Buhari Tells Zuckerberg by NameChecker: 5:36pm On Sep 02, 2016
DONSMITH123:
“I was highly impressed by the talent of the youths in the Co-creation Hub in Yaba. I was blown away by their talent and the level of energy that I saw,’’ he said.

Those talented youths as mentions by Mark are those who don't have time to blame the government because they are hardworking, focused and aren't people who depend on earnings from the bunkering of oil.

89 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Am Impressed By Your Simplicity, Buhari Tells Zuckerberg by Nairadays: 5:38pm On Sep 02, 2016
Jeje la ye gba.
Re: I Am Impressed By Your Simplicity, Buhari Tells Zuckerberg by salabscholar01(m): 5:38pm On Sep 02, 2016
thank you mark!
Re: I Am Impressed By Your Simplicity, Buhari Tells Zuckerberg by raker300: 5:38pm On Sep 02, 2016
Yet Mr Buhari, your wife is wearing a 10 million naira watch

1 Like

Re: I Am Impressed By Your Simplicity, Buhari Tells Zuckerberg by EnEnPeecee: 5:38pm On Sep 02, 2016
Adviser on new media always

Can't this man make statement direct to Nigerians and visitors like Mark Zuckeberg from his mouth

These advisers una go soon tire

No wonder the senile, incompetent president ran away from common presidential debate, yet some mumu Nigerians still went ahead to vote him.

These Nigerians are a cursed to humanity for buying into Buhari's presidency

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Tinubu Receives Senator Kwankwaso At The Presidential Villa. Picture. / Jonathan’s Declaration To Hold In Six World Cities / Dickson Storms INEC Collation Centre, Southern Ijaw - The Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.