Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,190 members, 7,822,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Buhari Reveals Amount Recovered From Looters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Reveals Amount Recovered From Looters (1943 Views)

President Buhari Reveals His Focus In 2018 / Untold Story Of The N13billion Recovered From Ikoyi, Lagos Apartment / Buhari Reveals What Recovered Stolen Monies Will Be Used For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Reveals Amount Recovered From Looters by naijanews1: 6:17pm On Sep 02, 2016
Looting is no new phenomena in Nigeria. Some people will agree with me that corruption has been a plague right from the time of our fore fathers and nobody has been able to nip it in the bud. The coming of President Buhari has sent much shivers in the mind of those that can define themselves as "Corrupt". One of the charisma that earned Buhari ASO Villa was his dogged and rugged dislike for corruption; what's more, when he came into power lots of arrests and detentions started and so much mouth watering amount of money has so far been recouped back from lookters. Check out the real amount [url][/url]http://naija.blogpost.com.ng/2016-09-buhari-reveals-amount-recovered-from-looters/
Re: Buhari Reveals Amount Recovered From Looters by CHOPUP411(m): 6:18pm On Sep 02, 2016
Ok
Re: Buhari Reveals Amount Recovered From Looters by Codedzng: 6:19pm On Sep 02, 2016
Transparency......,!!!!
Re: Buhari Reveals Amount Recovered From Looters by recievesense: 6:20pm On Sep 02, 2016
As u no wan post am here make i help u post am.

The news sef na stale.

The Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed has said that Nigeria recovered about N78 billion, and 3 million dollars from looters since the inauguration of President Muhammadu Buhari. The minister however stated that it’s not enough for what Nigeria needs to revive economy. They are a far cry from what the country needs he added.

The minister said this on Friday when he appeared on a News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) Forum in Abuja. The minister, speaking during the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) Forum in Abuja, added that the amount of money recovered is always being made public. He said: “What we have recovered and if my record is right is about N78 billion, and 3 million dollars. “We have been able to block various accounts in which about 9 billion dollar is found but those are not money available to us because we are still in court over them.

“The government spends N165 billion every month to pay federal civil servants, even what has been so far recovered will not even pay 50 per cent of the salaries in a month.’’ Minister Mohammed gave assurance that every cent recovered will be sensibly spent and nobody could re-loot what had been returned under the incumbent government. He further clarified that Nigerians should understand that what had been recovered was so little in comparison with what the people needed on a regular basis.

“N400 billion seems a lot, but you must also understand that for three or four years contractors were not paid,” he added. “So, when we paid this money to contractors, they also use part of it to settle their own debt, they use part of it to recall laid off staff. “But the truth of the matter is that many of them have been paid, they are yet to mobilise to site and they cannot do so until the rains are over.”

The country has been slammed by low oil prices, attacks by Niger Delta militants and foreign currency shortages. The National Bureau of Statistics fresh report put estimated oil production at 1.69 million barrels per day, down by 0.42 million barrels per day from the first quarter. According the Central Bank, Nigeria’s first recession was in 1991.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Reveals Amount Recovered From Looters by ever811(m): 6:28pm On Sep 02, 2016
did he recover any cow?..

1 Like

Re: Buhari Reveals Amount Recovered From Looters by menxer: 6:31pm On Sep 02, 2016
After going to your blog to read, we come back here and comment, ok na.
Re: Buhari Reveals Amount Recovered From Looters by cjrane: 6:53pm On Sep 02, 2016
[size=16pt]Buhari and his men collect the loot and share amongst themselves.

The same way the next government will collect what they are looting now and share.
[/size]
Re: Buhari Reveals Amount Recovered From Looters by ugosly(m): 7:02pm On Sep 02, 2016
78 Billion naira ONLY?? So what was all that noise and hullabaloo about fighting corruption all about
APC IS A TOTAL FAILURE!! I'm so ashamed and embarrassed on their behalf. Tufikwa!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Reveals Amount Recovered From Looters by kingsman66(m): 9:13pm On Sep 02, 2016
how can FG tell me in my face that only 78b has been recovered for the last 16months of bubu led administration...... lai Mohammed go back to your drawing table I need correct figure pls,everything must not be joke

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Reveals Amount Recovered From Looters by GMBuhari: 12:52am On Sep 03, 2016
And some people just won't agree that PDP destroyed this country
Re: Buhari Reveals Amount Recovered From Looters by George22016(m): 2:41am On Sep 03, 2016
OK buhari.na your name they day talk everywhere even for Church for party,after wedding,after burial..

WHY I ASK

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Swearing To Destroy Nigeria(video) / Dayo Adeleke’s Fiance Tolu Osinowo Pens Tribute: ‘You Were A Proverbs 31 Woman' / Nigeria Is Too Weak To Break, Says Lamido

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.