Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,073 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

Bmw Engines - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Bmw Engines (13913 Views)

Mercedes-Benz Is Phasing Out V-6 Engines In Favor Of Inline-6s / The Differences Between Straight 6 And V6 Engines / Here Are 8 Engines You Should Avoid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bmw Engines by Homguy(m): 2:44pm On Sep 18, 2016
mandmis007:

It was deliberate that I didn't reply to ur post/advise cuz I find it interesting and incisive and needed to be digested with rapt attention. U captured my mood succinctly as if I hv discussed with one on one. I am into consultancy n contracts. I was offered 800k for AS IS but wasn't convinced.
Never dreamt of selling the ride b4 d incident. Tot initially I wld get d engine locally in naija but became disillusioned when it's obvious I wldnt.
I ll heed 2 ur advise N keep cool while I pray 4 beta days 2 come. I love the ride die!
Thank you very much indeed.
I am better illuminated now.
alright boss. However it goes, this incident will be a thing of the past at some point.
Re: Bmw Engines by mandmis007(m): 2:50pm On Sep 18, 2016
Homguy:
alright boss. However it goes, this incident will be a thing of the past at some point.
Amen! U sound like a psycho(logist) or some sort of a clergy man. My frayed nerves been soothed.
I have arrived @ a conclusion on what nxt I shall do. Thanx

1 Like

Re: Bmw Engines by bravolad(m): 5:18pm On Sep 18, 2016
mandmis007:

I prefer to look @ the bright side of things, the positives! What if the economic situation dramatically begin to show signs of improvement/ recovery? I know cars tend to develop some other problems if kept without usage. What one do?
It's insured but not against situation like this, obviously negligence can be seen here.
What then can u advise? To sell or keep? U didn't come clear.

actually difficult to suggest an exact solution. My earlier comment was mere postulations. Of course, you have to assume certain conditions especially when they are outside your immediate control. The economy will definitely improve; the question is when? I am an optimistic person but then you have to assume some hypothesis.

Given the current scenario, it would be better you do a bit of research to determine the current market value of the car, then you can borrow money to fix it and sell afterwards. Keeping that car will most likely depreciate it's value over time.

I don't think it makes sense to keep/store such a car indefinitely. Again, if you are certain of getting money to fix it in about one year, then, it's fine. Otherwise, you may have to sell it as scrap when at that time you decide to sell.

Remember, storing it will lead to gradual degrading of the paint work, interior including leather seats owing to heat.

To sum up, the burden of choice and decision is upon you & only you.

Which course of action you take, please update us.

2 Likes

Re: Bmw Engines by USAutoBuy(m): 9:26pm On Sep 18, 2016
kingreign:

I've been following this case from the first day OP posted it and observed and analysed each comment.
You seem way tooo interested in the OP's case way too much for comfort. Tell me, what do you stand to gain? Some cash? Fame? Wanna cash in on his misadventure or what?
Your extreme concern in OP's case isn't one anyone should ignore.
Well, you know what's on your mind, the reason for the sudden great care and concern which if I were in the OP's shoes wold find a bit too uncomfortable (well OP may not observe it cos he's at the moment desperate).

I did not know the OP from anywhere nor did i cause this problem. Either way it goes, it matters less to me. I am a car dealer and have been for a while, my job is to give my opinion and he can chose on his own. I AM STILL A BUSINESS, THIS IS NOT RED CROSS. Wouldn't it be more crazy if i say i am doing this for free?

When NEPA take light, did the petrol station give you diesel for free? Nail puncture your tire and tire shop fix for free?.

Someone caused this problem and it will cost the owner either way. Sell vehicle AS-IS or repair. Nobody will buy like run/drive car and just minus the cost of the engine. And to get the engine, its not cheap.

That is why i was hoping that the engine matches older model years. If he can solve his problem by spending $2 why make him spend $5?

Numbers are as objective as they come, I quoted $5k (ALL INCLUSIVE) and the closest one is about $4,200 without shipping. He can compare with any other one he has gotten so far and compare. So what is my offense?

He is free to chose whatever he wants to do with his car but i take offense when i see people trying to make him sell to them at a price which you cannot even get a pencil camry!
Re: Bmw Engines by mandmis007(m): 2:19am On Sep 19, 2016
bravolad:

actually difficult to suggest an exact solution. My earlier comment was mere postulations. Of course, you have to assume certain conditions especially when they are outside your immediate control. The economy will definitely improve; the question is when? I am an optimistic person but then you have to assume some hypothesis.

Given the current scenario, it would be better you do a bit of research to determine the current market value of the car, then you can borrow money to fix it and sell afterwards. Keeping that car will most likely depreciate it's value over time.

I don't think it makes sense to keep/store such a car indefinitely. Again, if you are certain of getting money to fix it in about one year, then, it's fine. Otherwise, you may have to sell it as scrap when at that time you decide to sell.

Remember, storing it will lead to gradual degrading of the paint work, interior including leather seats owing to heat.

To sum up, the burden of choice and decision is upon you & only you.

Which course of action you take, please update us.
The solution can't b like math that u arrive @ a correct figure. This involves forecasting n making best alternative choices. Being an optimist like myself I hv d belief d economy will pick up soon. Since its out of our control, d timing is subjective.
It's foolhardy if I think I keep/store it n it remain fresh. Certainly it's value goes down.
The onus of decision is left squarely on my table. It's pointless selling it as scrap after finally 'killing it' by keeping it for too long! I hv resolved to source 4 quids 2 get a replacement engine in a couple of weeks from now.
I Can't keep it for 1 yr sef.

1 Like

Re: Bmw Engines by mandmis007(m): 2:36am On Sep 19, 2016
USAutoBuy:

I did not know the OP from anywhere nor did i cause this problem. Either way it goes, it matters less to me. I am a car dealer and have been for a while, my job is to give my opinion and he can chose on his own. I AM STILL A BUSINESS, THIS IS NOT RED CROSS. Wouldn't it be more crazy if i say i am doing this for free?

When NEPA take light, did the petrol station give you diesel for free? Nail puncture your tire and tire shop fix for free?.

Someone caused this problem and it will cost the owner either way. Sell vehicle AS-IS or repair. Nobody will buy like run/drive car and just minus the cost of the engine. And to get the engine, its not cheap.

That is why i was hoping that the engine matches older model years. If he can solve his problem by spending $2 why make him spend $5?

Numbers are as objective as they come, I quoted $5k (ALL INCLUSIVE) and the closest one is about $4,200 without shipping. He can compare with any other one he has gotten so far and compare. So what is my offense?

He is free to chose whatever he wants to do with his car but i take offense when i see people trying to make him sell to them at a price which you cannot even get a pencil camry!
Correct. We hv neva had cause 2 interact outside this forum about the car AS IS or its engine. However, ur opinion n suggestions were invaluable to me! It shaped the course of my decision 2day. I am bearing d brunt of someone's negligence. I can't kill n drink his pepper soul!
Like I said in earlier posts, I shall keep the car for a couple of weeks while I source n search for the engine that matches d one in d car.
There's no point being agitated over someone's opinion.

1 Like

Re: Bmw Engines by chillex8(m): 2:46pm On Sep 19, 2016
mandmis007:

Correct. We hv neva had cause 2 interact outside this forum about the car AS IS or its engine. However, ur opinion n suggestions were invaluable to me! It shaped the course of my decision 2day. I am bearing d brunt of someone's negligence. I can't kill n drink his pepper soul!
Like I said in earlier posts, I shall keep the car for a couple of weeks while I source n search for the engine that matches d one in d car.
There's no point being agitated over someone's opinion.

Contact me via my mail. Your engine is available live in Nigeria. Chillex8@hotmail.com
Re: Bmw Engines by mandmis007(m): 5:49pm On Sep 19, 2016
chillex8:

Contact me via my mail. Your engine is available live in Nigeria. Chillex8@hotmail.com

Whoo, Whoo, light @ the end of the tunnel.
Will keep in touch.
Please, can you post pictures of the engine? So I can see if it d same.

1 Like

Re: Bmw Engines by sultaan(m): 10:44pm On Sep 19, 2016
Send your brother to go look take pics to confirm or let seller post pic

Ha ha we are almost there

1 Like

Re: Bmw Engines by mandmis007(m): 12:05am On Sep 20, 2016
sultaan:
Send your brother to go look take pics to confirm or let seller post pic

Ha ha we are almost there
I wld prefer seller to post pictures of the engine. Let's all see & make comments or observations

1 Like

Re: Bmw Engines by bravolad(m): 9:07am On Sep 20, 2016
mandmis007:

I wld prefer seller to post pictures of the engine. Let's all see & make comments or observations

A genuine seller wiki be more than willing to post engine pictures with asking price & serious negotiation holding outside the forum.

The pictures will allow those who have similar cars or competent mechanics to confirm engine and model.

1 Like

Re: Bmw Engines by USAutoBuy(m): 9:50am On Sep 20, 2016
mandmis007:

I hate to comment on this any longer otherwise some people will start.......

For a CONFIRMED "proof of life" let the seller post the engine picture with NIGERIAN CURRENCY NOTES ON TOP OF THE ENGINE.

That way, we know its on ground. Its a bit of an hassle but wouldn't be a big deal for any serious seller

Regards

3 Likes

Re: Bmw Engines by mandmis007(m): 9:51am On Sep 20, 2016
bravolad:

A genuine seller wiki be more than willing to post engine pictures with asking price & serious negotiation holding outside the forum.

The pictures will allow those who have similar cars or competent mechanics to confirm engine and model.
It will market him and his goods, lifting him above others. Pple out there with similar problem ll hv a place to go.
I knw one such person with 750li whose engine is faulty too.

1 Like

Re: Bmw Engines by Homguy(m): 12:26pm On Sep 20, 2016
USAutoBuy:

I hate to comment on this any longer otherwise some people will start.......

For a CONFIRMED "proof of life" let the seller post the engine picture with NIGERIAN CURRENCY NOTES ON TOP OF THE ENGINE.

That way, we know its on ground. Its a bit of an hassle but wouldn't be a big deal for any serious seller

Regards
Exactly!
Re: Bmw Engines by kingreign(m): 1:26pm On Sep 20, 2016
bravolad:

Correct! I support this whole heatedly.
As a technician, I no advice person to price wetin he no see make e no go buy carton.

1 Like

Re: Bmw Engines by Homguy(m): 2:01pm On Sep 20, 2016
kingreign:

As a technician, I no advice person to price wetin he no see make e no go buy carton.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Bmw Engines by bravolad(m): 3:40pm On Sep 20, 2016
kingreign:

Apt.
Re: Bmw Engines by mayor2013: 4:20pm On Sep 20, 2016
Am still following back 2 back grin wana know if that engine would be dugged out
Re: Bmw Engines by nurey(m): 8:04pm On Sep 20, 2016
*clears throat*
Op, permit me to introduce to you "Chameleon" shocked, after you have bought the engine, fixed it and the car is up and running which by Gods grace would be soon grin and its time to test it along the abuja kaduna express way wink not minding the safety of other road users cheesy and law enforcement personnel onroad, then the chameleon would be available.

if you can beat it, then the engine you bought is fake lipsrsealed, but if you were beaten flawlessly cool then the engine you purchased is the right one.

Others shouldn't feel intimidated you already know the king of the road

1 Like

Re: Bmw Engines by mandmis007(m): 12:20am On Sep 21, 2016
nurey:
*clears throat*
Op, permit me to introduce to you "Chameleon" shocked, after you have bought the engine, fixed it and the car is up and running which by Gods grace would be soon grin and its time to test it along the abuja kaduna express way wink not minding the safety of other road users cheesy and law enforcement personnel onroad, then the chameleon would be available.

if you can beat it, then the engine you bought is fake lipsrsealed, but if you were beaten flawlessly cool then the engine you purchased is the right one.

Others shouldn't feel intimidated you already know the king of the road
Just checked my holy books I didn't see no proverb to xplain to me what u meant.
Can I be illuminated, pls?
'chameleon'? King of the road? Fake n right one? Ha!

1 Like

Re: Bmw Engines by chukel(m): 6:40am On Sep 21, 2016
Where is chillex8 when u need him most. I want to mention the moniker chillex8 so he will have many mentions from this thread and show up. Started with this thread from day 1 but too sad to comment. Now I suspect I see light at the end of the tunnel. Hope that light is real. Chillex8 please come and furnish us with details.

2 Likes

Re: Bmw Engines by nurey(m): 6:49am On Sep 21, 2016
mandmis007:

Just checked my holy books I didn't see no proverb to xplain to me what u meant.
Can I be illuminated, pls?
'chameleon'? King of the road? Fake n right one? Ha!

The engine you are looking at isn't for your car. It's the engine every other car/driver fear, lol. Am just saying when you fix your car and decide to do an autobahn testing then it will only be right to race with something equally lethal to your own V12 engine.

2 Likes

Re: Bmw Engines by Nobody: 9:30am On Sep 21, 2016
I have been following this thread with rapt attention. Those that claim to have the engine Pls kindly do us the honors and furnish our eyes with pictures of the said engine and mandmis007 that your bmw is too valuable to be sold for scrap. Better hold on to it till the engine suffices or the economy gets better.

1 Like

Re: Bmw Engines by Homguy(m): 4:31pm On Sep 21, 2016
On a lighter note, i know one Kazeem at Ilesha garage, Akure that would scoff at this thread, he would be amused at the time and energy being invested on sourcing the correct engine when he can "Work" a camry 2.2 or " solid highlander " engine into it. grin grin.
I daresay, those guys can really get destructively creative. cool cool cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bmw Engines by mandmis007(m): 7:47pm On Sep 21, 2016
Homguy:
On a lighter note, i know one Kazeem at Ilesha garage, Akure that would scoff at this thread, he would be amused at the time and energy being invested on sourcing the correct engine when he can "Work" a camry 2.2 or " solid highlander " engine into it. grin grin.
I daresay, those guys can really get destructively creative. cool cool cool
Then it wld be BMT-C 2.2 or BMH cheesy ; cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Bmw Engines by mandmis007(m): 7:50pm On Sep 21, 2016
dumo1:
I have been following this thread with rapt attention. Those that claim to have the engine Pls kindly do us the honors and furnish our eyes with pictures of the said engine and mandmis007 that your bmw is too valuable to be sold for scrap. Better hold on to it till the engine suffices or the economy gets better.
That was my final decision, to keep it until naija or my economy improves.

1 Like

Re: Bmw Engines by mandmis007(m): 7:54pm On Sep 21, 2016
nurey:

The engine you are looking at isn't for your car. It's the engine every other car/driver fear, lol. Am just saying when you fix your car and decide to do an autobahn testing then it will only be right to race with something equally lethal to your own V12 engine.
Tried to browse for a review of the engine but cldnt get answer. Only thing is dat it's an engine that is rejected even in China that they are becoming crazy of monstrous engine it's becoming extinct.
Re: Bmw Engines by nurey(m): 11:15pm On Sep 21, 2016
mandmis007:

Tried to browse for a review of the engine but cldnt get answer. Only thing is dat it's an engine that is rejected even in China that they are becoming crazy of monstrous engine it's becoming extinct.

VW PHATEON fitted with a W12 engine

2 Likes

Re: Bmw Engines by mandmis007(m): 2:03am On Sep 22, 2016
nurey:

VW PHATEON fitted with a W12 engine
Yeah, grin seen that cheesy
Re: Bmw Engines by chillex8(m): 5:39pm On Sep 26, 2016
chukel:
Where is chillex8 when u need him most. I want to mention the moniker chillex8 so he will have many mentions from this thread and show up. Started with this thread from day 1 but too sad to comment. Now I suspect I see light at the end of the tunnel. Hope that light is real. Chillex8 please come and furnish us with details.

Hi. Mr chuks. His engine is available..

Posting pix of the engine won't change that fact.

I have not reached an agreement with @mandmis007.

Cheers.
Re: Bmw Engines by mandmis007(m): 6:46pm On Sep 26, 2016
[quote author=chillex8 post=49692688]

Cheers. [/q
Nobody here I want 2 assume reasonably wld doubt d genuineness of ur claims. However, I knw dat dia are diff. types of d engine, having a glimpse will tell us if it's d type or not.
No offence meant here, I don't know d different engine types involved, displaying it ll afford comments n opinion.

1 Like

Re: Bmw Engines by Stateside: 7:48pm On Sep 26, 2016
chillex8:

Cheers.

How does reaching agreement changes the fact of what you are selling? Post pics and he can begin to negotiate if its the engine. Can he begin to negotiate for what he is yet to see? undecided undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Old Were You When You First Drove A Car? / FRSC Begins Operation “show Your Licence’’ In Lagos / Opinions Needed: My Mechanic Said I Should Use Only Water First In New Radiator.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.