Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,553 members, 7,816,340 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

Sokoto Government Recalls 39 Students From UAE Over Recession - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sokoto Government Recalls 39 Students From UAE Over Recession (15950 Views)

Boko Haram Victim, Ali Ahmadu Returns From UAE After Surgery (Photos) / Kwankwaso In Egypt To Rescue Students From Repatriation By The State Govt (pics) / Governors Endorse Sale Of National Assets Over Recession (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sokoto Government Recalls 39 Students From UAE Over Recession by Enrichlee(m): 7:54am On Sep 03, 2016
Akinz0126:
Should I say this guy's got there calls terminated by devil?Every spirit of almost there but not there I reject it IJN.
Just After this guy's thought God has finally picked there calls.

Every dragon @ d edge of my breakthrough/testimony Catch fire
and who says this is a bad thing! What happens when they eventually graduate from UAE. Join the cycle of unemployed youths or work with the civil service where they are under utilized with pay that can equal their education cost. IMO, this is a step in a right direction. BTW, 400 million yearly for 39 students in UAE which I'm sure its not even an ivy league school. Something is fishy
Re: Sokoto Government Recalls 39 Students From UAE Over Recession by Emu4life(m): 8:08am On Sep 03, 2016
blueto:

And they teamed up to vote against Jonathan despite his good efforts for the state.

Jonathan's govt still remains the best, even Zombies knows this even if they fail to admit it.
Mumu!!! He is talking about d past governor of d state and not IB. stop thinking in ur mind dat buhari's current challenges will make d northerners prefer IB dan buhari...northerners still believe its a challenge and he will OVERCOME IT.. E go Shock una 2019
Re: Sokoto Government Recalls 39 Students From UAE Over Recession by coretechng1(m): 8:23am On Sep 03, 2016
Tolexander:
If the government was genuinely and effectively spending the N400 million on Sokoto State University annually, the University would be competing with the UAE universities in World universities ranking and many students from Sokoto State would benefit from it instead of the selected few (likely selected out of nepotism and cronyism).
You made a lot of sense.
Re: Sokoto Government Recalls 39 Students From UAE Over Recession by bskyb(m): 9:19am On Sep 03, 2016
Tolexander:
If the government was genuinely and effectively spending the N400 million on Sokoto State University annually, the University would be competing with the UAE universities in World universities ranking and many students from Sokoto State would benefit from it instead of the selected few (likely selected out of nepotism and cronyism).

This is just a tip of the iceberg.
They still maintain funding of students in Sudan, Uganda and perhaps other countries.
Millions of naira is paid annually on this wild goose chase.
I am yet to see an indigent student among all those that I know. Most are well connected. This is a good move by the present government , maybe the money will now be ploughed into improving education in nigeria , which is where u really find the indigent students
Re: Sokoto Government Recalls 39 Students From UAE Over Recession by 4nobody4every1: 9:22am On Sep 03, 2016
ozoigbondu:
Somebody sai baba !!!!!!!! grin grin grin
Sai BUHARI AND OSIBANJO, where is Keneking APC YOUTH LEADER tongue

Re: Sokoto Government Recalls 39 Students From UAE Over Recession by oc2fish: 10:12am On Sep 03, 2016
WilliamXII:
I have made this observation before..."Digressing a bit, if we gather all the resources used to send all our "brained" students abroad to get most of these notable academicians from the land of the "abroadians" to a central prime academic government institution in Nigeria; tell me if the products from such institutions will not be world class"
Instead of 39...1200 gets quality world class education.

Who will teach this people?
Re: Sokoto Government Recalls 39 Students From UAE Over Recession by HastaCuando(m): 10:49am On Sep 03, 2016
And the laughter continues (I feel sorry for the scholars though)... grin grin grin
Re: Sokoto Government Recalls 39 Students From UAE Over Recession by blackboy2star(m): 11:12am On Sep 03, 2016
But you've the money to sponsor Christians and Muslims to excursion... Priorities yato sha

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Buhari Attends APC Presidential Campaign Flag-Off In Yola (Photos) / Ikeja Police College Renovation Nearing Completion / Amosun: We Know Those Who Won’t Be Governor In Ogun – The Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.