Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) (3216 Views)

GLO NPFL: Heartland Vs Warri Wolves (1 - 0) On 30th August 2015 / NPFL: Enyimba Fc Vs Heartland Fc (2 - 0) On 17th June 2015 / NPFL: Heartland Vs Kano Pillars (1 - 0) On 30th April 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) by edoyad(m): 1:37pm On Oct 14, 2009
^^ foreign based this, foreign based that. The Tunisian players that came to Nigeria to disgrace us are the same players from Clubs that Heartland and Enyimba defeat in continental competitions. How come Heartland players can't feature for super Eagles ? Those Heartland goals are better than anyone I've seen any super Eagle of recent score, and believe me if it was easy to score African teams we'd have qualified for world cup by now( and even the last world cup).

Elechi and Iroha don do me abeg grin
But how good are that TP Mazembe really ? Is it their attack or defence that's tight or are they all round do gooders ?
Re: HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) by ow11(m): 1:02pm On Oct 22, 2009
With 'All Powerful' Mazembe losing 2-nil at home, It can be concluded that they do have that lack of 'concentration' thing that bedevils African sides. Heartland have shown to be quite serious with away games with their trashing of the 1st round opponents away from home.

However, our team also lost to Monomotapa when they should have won. This would make the final quite balanced but I still think Tout Puissant Mazembe edges our team. They are strong away from home and have the luxury of playing the 2nd leg at home.

If heartland wins, I would be most surprised and would hang my head in shame.
Re: HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) by dominique(f): 1:13pm On Oct 22, 2009
ow11:

If heartland wins, I would be most surprised and would hang my head in shame.

then get ready to be surprised and hang your head in shame cos heartland is winning this one even if it means resolving to penalties on Congolese soil.
heartland has a perfect home record in the CL and are not so bad away either. their loss to Pillars last weekend was shocking but i still believethose boys have it in them to win this thing.
Re: HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) by edoyad(m): 8:29am On Oct 26, 2009
@dominique and ow11, i think the 4 0 loss to pillars is immaterial. Eledu and Iroha have their sights set on the Continental prize and since the league season is just begining they can sacrifice these local battles for now.
TP have the advantage of playing the first leg away which could quickly turn to a disadvantage for them if have lose without scoring. That would put them under pressure in the return leg in Congo.

Please anyone with team news from both teams should please bring it forward.
Go Heartland ! The only team that deserves to be called SUPER in Nigeria. grin
Re: HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) by ow11(m): 10:23am On Oct 26, 2009
We all know the 1st team of Heartland are currently hibernating and waiting to be unleashed on TP Mazembe however, I still think they haven't got enough to go through.

Mazembe will score in Owerri.
Re: HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) by FBS: 10:54am On Oct 26, 2009
Peeps, abeg when is the match? Can this be viewed online?
Re: HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) by edoyad(m): 11:24am On Oct 26, 2009
@ow11 you're OYO on that prediction .

@FBS, i only know of local stations like AIT and NTA maybe. I doubt you'll find a stream for the firstleg on Oct 31st.
Re: HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) by FBS: 11:46am On Oct 26, 2009
@edoyad

Thanks.
Re: HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) by ow11(m): 11:59am On Oct 26, 2009
edoyad:

@FBS, i only know of local stations like AIT and NTA maybe. I doubt you'll find a stream for the firstleg on Oct 31st.

Are you sure NTA will show the game? I can't miss those two legs. . . .
Re: HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) by edoyad(m): 1:01pm On Oct 26, 2009
If NTA don't show then it'll have to AIT. If non of them do that means i'm hot soup myself. undecided
Re: HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) by edoyad(m): 8:55pm On Oct 26, 2009
Any one with injury news on TP Mazembe should let us know. Injury news in Heartland is rejected.
Re: HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) by edoyad(m): 5:12am On Oct 29, 2009
Forty eight hours from now Heartland could be giving us reason to smile since we all know we're not going to the world cup.
Re: HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) by edoyad(m): 7:28am On Oct 29, 2009
Heartland to return from their training camp in Nnewi today. Ahead of meeting two time champions, TP Mazembe in Owerri this weekend, the Owerri boys were camped in Nnewi to allow them space and freedom in their training.

TP Mazembe are expected to arrive Nigeria today and many pundits have advised the handlers of Heartland to take a cautious approach in their game this weekend. The 2 time champions have arguably been the best team in the tournament this season but Heartland too can lay claim to that title.
Re: HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) by edoyad(m): 8:19am On Oct 29, 2009
I apologise for my gross error. The game is on sunday not Saturday as i earlier posted. I was misinformed my self. embarassed embarassed
The referee and lines men for the match are all from Egypt. The match commissioner is from Togo and i am from Nigeria wink
Re: HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) by rasputinn(m): 5:01pm On Oct 29, 2009
edoyad:

The game is on sunday not Saturday as i earlier posted. I was misinformed my self.

Hehehehe,edosman,who misinformed you?
Re: HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) by dominique(f): 11:24pm On Oct 29, 2009
he misinformed himself cheesy tongue
Re: HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) by edoyad(m): 6:19pm On Oct 31, 2009
^ See their mouths grin
Let him that hath no sin shoot the first bullet .
Re: HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) by rasputinn(m): 1:04pm On Nov 01, 2009
^^^^
Cocks rifle,and ratatatatatatatatatata grin grin grin
Re: HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) by vikiviko(m): 1:53pm On Nov 01, 2009
when is the kick off ?
Re: HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) by 9ijaprince(m): 4:27pm On Nov 01, 2009
Whats the scope?
Re: HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) by elctroguru(m): 4:33pm On Nov 01, 2009
HeartLand 1 Tp Mazembe 1
Re: HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) by 9ijaprince(m): 4:45pm On Nov 01, 2009
Too bad for heartland. Who hope they score two more goals.
Re: HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) by vikiviko(m): 5:06pm On Nov 01, 2009
how did it happen 1-1 ?
Re: HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) by DisGuy: 5:06pm On Nov 01, 2009
the stadium is well packed LMAO teams in our league are not doing anything to attract fans the fees are less that 500naira!! im sure people can get in for free!!
and those commentator on NTA should be sacked, they dont even know the difference btw the two teams!! dreadful!!
Re: HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) by elctroguru(m): 5:40pm On Nov 01, 2009
Final Score
HeartLand   2  -- Tp Mazembe   1
Re: HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) by DisGuy: 6:15pm On Nov 01, 2009
well done heartland, hope they get a draw or a win away,
and please pay your players!!!
Re: HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) by edoyad(m): 6:40pm On Nov 01, 2009
Chai !! sad
na which kind football them dey play for Lugumbashi sef ? Do they even have football fields not to mention teams ?

The worst has happened and Heartland will have to start the second leg looking for an early goal cos they just can't dare sitback and hope this Mazembe side won't score.
Well if the dreadful Kano pillars could do it in Egypt, Emeteole's boys can do better then.

GO HEARTLAND !!
Re: HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) by rasputinn(m): 8:20pm On Nov 01, 2009
The Naze millionaires should just go to Lubumbashi and get a draw if they can't win there.Something tells me Heartland is written all over that trophy
Re: HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) by dominique(f): 9:28pm On Nov 01, 2009
^^^ yeah but CAF has earlier tipped TP for the trophy judging by their performance and the fact that they've won twice. i wont be surprised if they pull major strings to make this a reality. lets pray, pray, pray that the trophy comes to owerri next two weeks o!!!
Re: HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) by ow11(m): 7:59am On Nov 02, 2009
ow11:

@edoyad

How do you watch the games? NTA have sworn on their grave that we must not watch Nigeria based players lest we realise Amodu is a dud.

With the performance of our clubs in Africa over the past 4 seasons ( Nigerian clubs have reached at least a semi-final), It shows the players are tight. The clubs are still as poorly run as they were in the 90s but the quality and mentality of the players have improved.

Sadly I am going to toss my hat into the prediction ring and predict the results for the finals

Heartland FC V TP Mazembe 2 - 1 and TP Mazembe V Heartland FC 2 - 0

The Congolese champions just edge the Nigerians in quality (Most of their players were in the Congolese team that won the CHAN) and have not conceded a goal at Lubumbashi but have shwon they can score away from home. Heartland on the other hand just won their first away game against quality opposition.

All the same I wish I can see both games as they would be a good advert for African football (raw skills, speed and a lot of tackles).

@dominique

The fear of Tresor Mputu is the beginning of wisdom. Kelechi Emeteole is a better tactician than Amodu and should do something about this fellow.

edoyad:

@ow11 you're OYO on that prediction .

@dominique

You can drink the victory champagne NOW, Heartland's impending loss has nothing to do with CAF politics but everything to do with Ohakim paying the players their wages and bonuses! cry
Re: HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) by edoyad(m): 6:06pm On Nov 02, 2009
I trust heartland to grind it out to the last in Congo. The problem is to make sure all Logistics and Admin issues are ironed out so the players don't get distracted by pay issues and the likes.

The most annoying thing in this whole affair is that those useless civil Servants at NTA didn't see it fit to show a champions league final, they perfer under 17 eh ? The only other option i heard of is super sports.
Re: HeartLand Vs Tp Mazembe-1st leg ogtober 31st in Owerri(The real super eagles) by edoyad(m): 10:09pm On Nov 06, 2009
Tomorrow by this time, we'll be celebrating Heartland's victory.

Heartland touched down in Congo this evening, barely 24hrs to the showdown in Congo. TP too have only just arrived back home from Zimbabwe where they were camped in preparation for the big match. I don't know how Heartland will approach the game tomorrow, attacking to add their tally or defending what they have. Personally i say grab a goal and kill that tie, Go Heartland.
The problem now is where or how to watch the match undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

AAG Qualifiers : Nigeria 2 vs Zambia 1 (Full time ) / 98% Sure Bet Guaranteed.. / Statarea Guru Predictions For Todays Game Old Statarea Best Prediction Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.