Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,694 members, 7,820,425 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP); What You Should Know - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP); What You Should Know (20723 Views)

Pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) - What you Need to Know. / Help Needed On HIV Exposure / The Hazardous Effects Of Nickel Exposure On Humans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP); What You Should Know by sinaj(f): 9:21pm On Jul 04, 2018
m784n:
is that you on your dp?
So worglee tongue
jeeez!
How did you know my real name shocked
Re: Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP); What You Should Know by sinaj(f): 9:26pm On Jul 04, 2018
dokJ:
I rememba wen I took pep due to needle prick from hiv exposed child ...d side effects of d drug nearly discouraged me from continuing but I had to summon courage
...d side effects waned off after one wk .....anoda fearful moment was wen I checked my HIV status after 3 months of completion of d pep ....thank God it was negative .
I wonder how you were able to sleep and eat well while waiting for the 3months to elapse shocked

Thats so scary

1 Like

Re: Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP); What You Should Know by MrHighSea: 9:34pm On Jul 04, 2018
prinsam30:
I went to the hospital today to know my status because I no just understand my body, the lady I met was just preaching to me as if I don get am already, after the testing, the result came out as Non-Reactive.....

I was like Non-Reactive be ba wo, babe Shey it is either positive or negative, which one be Non-Reactive and reactive again, tell me something make I know, the lady was just smiling, she handed over the result sheet to me and said, my dear it is negative

no be small relief I get at that moment, honestly this thing no funny at all

Did ours (Her majesty and I) yesterday.
It was my Lady's first time.
Surprisingly she was at ease.
Re: Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP); What You Should Know by ouzo1(m): 9:41pm On Jul 04, 2018
sinaj:
jeeez!
How did you know my real name shocked

*clears throat*
Re: Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP); What You Should Know by Dammylois(f): 9:55pm On Jul 04, 2018
Nothing scares me than number 3....I once had it and the psychological trauma is unexplainable
Re: Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP); What You Should Know by DBlackCeazer(m): 1:20pm On Jan 12, 2019
dokJ:
I rememba wen I took pep due to needle prick from hiv exposed child ...d side effects of d drug nearly discouraged me from continuing but I had to summon courage
...d side effects waned off after one wk .....anoda fearful moment was wen I checked my HIV status after 3 months of completion of d pep ....thank God it was negative .
sorry to bother you, would like to know the effects you experienced during the course of taking the drug
Re: Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP); What You Should Know by Regiinald: 11:20pm On Jan 25, 2019
dokJ:
where did you get the PEP
Re: Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP); What You Should Know by Regiinald: 11:22pm On Jan 25, 2019
Zonacom:
Took a 30 day course of 2 anti retroviral drugs after a little accident in the laboratory some years ago. PEP is life saving
where did you get the PEP from
Re: Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP); What You Should Know by Zonacom(m): 5:23pm On Jan 26, 2019
Regiinald:
where did you get the PEP from
From the hospital pharmacy. I was a student on Industrial training at the laboratory section of the hospital then. I simply reported to my lab supervisor who took me to the pharmacy to get the drugs. I was scared shitless. Looking back, I can only smile
Re: Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP); What You Should Know by wolexy07(m): 12:14am On Aug 15, 2022
Just completed day 20 of PEP. 8 days to be done with this sh*t, I hope. I am taking a combination of Aluvia (Lopinavir/Ritonavir) and Lamivudine+Zidovudine. Side effects: my taste is constantly effed up and I stool sometimes. I am also prone to fall asleep if I mistakenly lie down. The major side effect I have experienced is that my libido and sexual performance has been greatly affected. Pre PEP, I used to go up to 3+ rounds without cumming (I am not lying!) but as I progressed with taking the drugs, I go limp within a minute or two! It's driving me nuts. For those that have taken PEP, did you experience decrease in libido/sexual performance ? Was it temporary? Like, did things normalize after you finished? How long did it take?
Re: Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP); What You Should Know by James4424: 1:24am On Dec 28, 2022
wolexy07:
Just completed day 20 of PEP. 8 days to be done with this sh*t, I hope. I am taking a combination of Aluvia (Lopinavir/Ritonavir) and Lamivudine+Zidovudine. Side effects: my taste is constantly effed up and I stool sometimes. I am also prone to fall asleep if I mistakenly lie down. The major side effect I have experienced is that my libido and sexual performance has been greatly affected. Pre PEP, I used to go up to 3+ rounds without cumming (I am not lying!) but as I progressed with taking the drugs, I go limp within a minute or two! It's driving me nuts. For those that have taken PEP, did you experience decrease in libido/sexual performance ? Was it temporary? Like, did things normalize after you finished? How long did it take?

Oga sir. Please tell me how you got the PEP because my condom broke and i suspect that girl. Please

(1) (2) (Reply)

82 Die In Baghdad COVID-19 Hospital Fire (Pictures) / 437 New COVID-19 cases, 142 Discharged And 3 Deaths On August 9 - (2,355 Tested) / Vwaere Diaso: Lagos NMA Declares Indefinite Strike In 3 Govt Hospitals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.