Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,080 members, 7,818,234 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

Online Shopping On Aliexpress - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Online Shopping On Aliexpress (1603 Views)

Today Is Black Friday! Share Your Online Shopping Experience Here / Nokia 6 Is Now Available On Aliexpress At $328.88 (appr~n103.720) / Before Shopping On Jumia;take Note Of This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Online Shopping On Aliexpress by dauntless15(m): 3:50am On Sep 03, 2016
Hope this is the right section,

I've done an extensive research online about importing from aliexpress and I've learnt alot but some Priceless and useful info is always omitted, while researching I learnt the following

1. You have to be certain of what you want to import
2. You need to have a ready made market for whatever you wish to import
3. It is important to always chat with the seller
4. Search for sellers with positive reviews and high ratings
5. Discuss about the product you want to purchase to make sure its the same thing you want
6. You need a credit card like uba africard or gtb master card to do business online
7. Dhl and ems are best in shipping to Nigeria
8. To get through customs you need to declare your product as gifts
Etc

But what I'm confused about is, how do you ascertain the size of things like clothes shoes etc

Things don't seem cheap there to me, if you see the prices of things in aliexpress, converting to naira you'll realize its same price with konga and higher if you add Shipping fees

The shipping fees are exorbitant especially Dhl how do you make profit from a product when Shipping alone costs 63$+

How do you get your product home without paying for shipping

Why do people say things are cheap in aliexpress while its not

I wanted smartwatches and shoes i was scared to death by the total expenditure

Any useful comment and expert opinion is welcome and appreciated.
Re: Online Shopping On Aliexpress by pizzle123(m): 3:53am On Sep 03, 2016
Pls house oooo..I needed fairly used infinix note 2 oooo and am having 20k ooooooo...if u want to sell call dis number 08180199147

1 Like

Re: Online Shopping On Aliexpress by dauntless15(m): 3:57am On Sep 03, 2016
pizzle123:
Pls house oooo..I needed fairly used infinix note
2 oooo and am having 20k ooooooo...if u want to
sell call dis number 08180199147
you see where madness carry you come? You're derailing already
Re: Online Shopping On Aliexpress by pizzle123(m): 4:14am On Sep 03, 2016
dauntless15:
you see where madness carry you come? You're derailing already
abeg u fit help me

1 Like

Re: Online Shopping On Aliexpress by Dullahi(m): 7:01am On Sep 03, 2016
You raised some valid points with your post. There are charts & infographics that you can download online to help you with the sizes as they vary worldwide. You must take into consideration that Asian sizes tend to be smaller. A simple search should help. There are also apps in both Apple and PlayStore. I remember there's one called 'Size Converter'
Re: Online Shopping On Aliexpress by tobbie247(m): 7:24am On Sep 03, 2016
Alibaba is always cheaper. They sell real whole sale price and you can buy as low as a unit.

More like an aboki (Aliexpress) goes to Mushin market to buy goods from his customer (alibaba) then sells it opposite my house. I can get it for less if I go to Mushin market to buy there.

If it's for personal use, Aliexpress is fine but if you intend reselling, check alibaba
Re: Online Shopping On Aliexpress by dauntless15(m): 8:02am On Sep 03, 2016
Dullahi:
You raised some valid points with your post. There are charts & infographics that you can download online to help you with the sizes as they vary worldwide. You must take into consideration that Asian sizes tend to be smaller. A simple search should help. There are also apps in both Apple and PlayStore. I remember there's one called 'Size Converter'
yea am aware that asain sizes are smaller thats one of the reason why i need opinions like yours don't wanna order a shoe and see kiddies size when it arrives
Re: Online Shopping On Aliexpress by dauntless15(m): 8:04am On Sep 03, 2016
tobbie247:
Alibaba is always cheaper. They sell real whole sale price and you can buy as low as a unit.

More like an aboki (Aliexpress) goes to Mushin market to buy goods from his customer (alibaba) then sells it opposite my house. I can get it for less if I go to Mushin market to buy there.

If it's for personal use, Aliexpress is fine but if you intend reselling, check alibaba
cool info and illustration does alibaba have an app? Lemme download and see for myself and is the apps layout similar to that of aliexpress?

1 Like

Re: Online Shopping On Aliexpress by Dullahi(m): 2:27pm On Sep 03, 2016
dauntless15:
yea am aware that asain sizes are smaller thats one of the reason why i need opinions like yours don't wanna order a shoe and see kiddies size when it arrives

I'm also not sure that is why I recommended an application you can download to your phone that contains the information you need.
Re: Online Shopping On Aliexpress by kevindd: 4:08pm On Oct 31, 2016
Yes, Aliexpress is really great. I like buying things from it a lot. As for tracking the delivery, I can recommend you guys to try the service from https://www.findpare.com/track-my-package You can track orders sent via a lot of different delivery services. I guess, you will find it useful for you

1 Like

Re: Online Shopping On Aliexpress by Nobody: 6:43pm On Oct 31, 2016
When buying on AliExpress if a cloth is listed as M buy L, if it is L buy XL , if it's XL buy XXL , and talking about in shipping there are logistic companies here on Nairaland that can help you with shipping from China, some charge between 5-10usd per kg depend on how fast you want it to arrive... There is also free shipping option that u will have to wait for like 3-4 weeks and collect at ur local post office..
Re: Online Shopping On Aliexpress by busybrain123(m): 10:04am On Mar 21, 2018
pizzle123:
Pls house oooo..I needed fairly used infinix note
2 oooo and am having 20k ooooooo...if u want to
sell call dis number 08180199147
Go buy new phone and leave second hand phone alone. If someone scam you now you will start insulting his generation on-line. Blackview A7 is now 17,000 Naira to 20,000 Naira. Get a new phone and enjoy it.
Re: Online Shopping On Aliexpress by pizzle123(m): 3:29pm On Mar 21, 2018
busybrain123:

Go buy new phone and leave second hand phone alone. If someone scam you now you will start insulting his generation on-line. Blackview A7 is now 17,000 Naira to 20,000 Naira. Get a new phone and enjoy it.
lol...is it ur money...or is it ur insult.....

(1) (Reply)

Vernee Thor E Is A 5" Phone With Massive 5020 Mah Battery And 3-day Endurance / Gretel S55 Smartphone Real Photo / Check Out The Speed I Got On My Glo Line

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.