Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

The Footballer With No Legs - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Footballer With No Legs (628 Views)

Sanchez Becomes The Footballer With The Second-fastest Red Card At The World Cup / Why Lionel Messi Scored 2 Goals Through My Legs - Chelsea Goalkeeper, Courtois / See Pictures Of The Footballer With The Most Incredible Tattoo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Footballer With No Legs by supereagle(m): 7:37am On Sep 03, 2016
A Bangladeshi football fan who lost both legs in a horror train accident has dreams of competing professionally like his idol Cristiano Ronaldo.

Mohammad Abdullah, 22, lost his legs on a speeding train ten years ago. But now the young man, who also works as a luggage porter at a ferry station is making a name for himself with his football skills.

He said: “I never thought I’d be able to walk, never mind play football. When I was bound to thatwheelchair I feared I might have to spend the rest of my life trapped. But eventually I decided to try and do without it. I was determined to be independent so Ibegan trying to walk.“I was tired of seeing myself in that helpless condition. I faced difficulties initially but succeeded eventually. Now I can walk, work and play football like other people.”Abdullah was abandoned by his mother when he was just seven and was raised by his father and step-mother before running away from home.“I missed my mother so much I ran away from home,” he said. “I was angry and helpless. I lived on the road and begged for a living and after a couple of months I found a home with my grandmother.”In 2001, the young man was travelling on a train and was tryingto reach another carriage when heslipped and had his legs trapped under the wheels of the speeding machine. He was rushed to hospital but eventually lost his legs below the thigh.According toDaily Mail UK,a football coach who later discovered him has helped him pursue his football passion and encouraged him to practice.Abdullah now plays football at theNational Stadium in Bangladesh on a basic level and despite having no legs he can play a good game.“People are amazed when they see me play football. They ask: “How can someone play football with no legs?” But I show them the strength inside of me. My disability is not a barrier to succeed and be happy,” he said
http://m.punchng.com/footballer-no-legs/

Re: The Footballer With No Legs by Nobody: 7:43am On Sep 03, 2016
Chai..
Re: The Footballer With No Legs by DaniDani(m): 12:20pm On Sep 03, 2016
Wonderful! Truly, there's ability in disability. No one who's willing to succeed against all odds is actually disabled. Disability is a thing of the mind
Re: The Footballer With No Legs by supereagle(m): 1:29pm On Sep 03, 2016
DaniDani:
Wonderful! Truly, there's ability in disability. No one who's willing to succeed against all odds is actually disabled. Disability is a thing of the mind

Yes I saw blind people yesterday marketing products instead of going begging, they make use of other given talents.

(1) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Want Kanu To Replace Giroud After Kanu Scored Hatrick Yesterday / Pep Guardiola Confirms Claudio Bravo WILL Make Manchester City Debut In Derby / UNBELIEVABLE: Manchester United’s Biggest Fans Weds With Manchester Wear (see Pi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.