Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,706 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

Robert Mugabe Jokes Over Health Rumours - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Robert Mugabe Jokes Over Health Rumours (430 Views)

Robert Mugabe Gets $10m Golden Handshake, Full Salary And Benefits / Photo Of Grace And Robert Mugabe After Resignation Has Gone Viral Online / Robert Mugabe Gets A New Haircut - Zimbabweans Mock Him On Social Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Robert Mugabe Jokes Over Health Rumours by johnie: 11:55am On Sep 03, 2016
Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe has poured scorn over the latest rumours of his health, joking that he had died and was resurrected.

Mr Mugabe, 92, was arriving back in the country at the main airport in Harare and appeared jovial as he disembarked.

Flight data had suggested his plane was heading to East Asia but that it instead went to Dubai. Mr Mugabe said he had gone there for a family matter.

In May, Mr Mugabe's wife, Grace, said that he would rule from the grave.
The flight path and other rumours had led some to speculate that Mr Mugabe had suffered a serious health problem and had sought treatment in Dubai or had even succumbed to his illness.

The Southern Daily website had posted an article headlined "Robert Mugabe suffers stroke, Mnangagwa now the new interim President of Zimbabwe".

But Reuters news agency said that on arriving at Harare Mr Mugabe had told reporters in the local Shona language: "I had gone on a family matter to Dubai concerning one of my children.

"Yes, I was dead, it's true I was dead. I resurrected as I always do. Once I get back to my country I am real."

Mr Mugabe is expected to address a youth meeting later on Saturday.

He has been in power since 1980 and has said he will run again for office in 2018.

The country remains in political and economic turmoil, amid allegations of government corruption.

The capital saw a wave of protests last week, with dozens arrested.

Police on Thursday banned demonstration in the capital for two weeks.

Mr Mugabe has vowed to crack down on anti-government dissent.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-37265890
Re: Robert Mugabe Jokes Over Health Rumours by Davash222(m): 11:59am On Sep 03, 2016
... He has been in power since 1980 and has said he will run again for office in 2018. The country remains in political and economic turmoil, amid allegations of government corruption"

Since 1980?
Baba, Tuale!! Maximum respect!!
Re: Robert Mugabe Jokes Over Health Rumours by Flexherbal(m): 12:00pm On Sep 03, 2016
A topical African leader.
Re: Robert Mugabe Jokes Over Health Rumours by Nobody: 4:25pm On Sep 05, 2016
Uncle bob is not dying! Long live

"Yes, I was dead, it's true I was dead. I resurrected as I always do. Once I get back to my country I am real."

(1) (Reply)

Druze Protest Israeli Air Support For Jihadist Wahabeast Fighters In Syria / (photos) Sanusi Emir Of Kano Meets Pope Francis With Handshake. / Saudi Cuts Ministers’ Salaries By 20 Per Cent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.