Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,206 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:17 AM

Removable Battery Or Non-removable Battery, Which Is More Advantageous - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Removable Battery Or Non-removable Battery, Which Is More Advantageous (1323 Views)

Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? / What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? / 5 Things You Should Know If You Are Using A Phone With A Non-removable Battery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Removable Battery Or Non-removable Battery, Which Is More Advantageous by Nobody: 5:11pm On Sep 03, 2016
Are you planning on buying a new phone but confused on which phone battery type is good for you, read this and judge your decision
Phones with Removable Battery

Like described above, smartphones with removable batteries are essentially the ones which allows consumers to easy remove the battery unit from the host phone at their ease. They can simply open us the back cover and pop the battery off their device, with no rocket science knowledge required.

Advantages of Phones with Removable Battery:

Easy restart option: There are several instances where the phones stops responding to any external stimuli. All you need to do under these circumstances is, pop the back cover off, take out the battery (which is a hard way to switch off the phone) and put it in again. Now after turning on the phone, it will resume its normal functioning.
Replacement is so much easier: Battery replacements under conditions where it isn’t giving sufficient power backup as promised are really very easy. Whenever you feel that the battery within the phone is underperforming, just get a new battery from the nearest shop with the same specifications as that of the original one and replace them. In addition to being easy, it also is economical – since you have saved a decent amount which you had to pay for the labour.
Water damage can be cured: We’re humans, we make mistakes and one of the very common mistake which can destroy your phone is accidentally falling into water. Most of the times, the phone is not completely damaged and can be easily cured with simple techniques like drying. With removable batteries, it because a lot easier to blow out the water from the parts inaccessible from outside.
You can carry a backup battery (or emergency battery): There are certain people who travel a lot, and their travel includes very less stationary time to charge their phones. With batteries being removable, they always have an option to carry a few extra fully charged batteries and swap them in whenever required.

Disadvantages of Phones with Removable Battery:

Phone might get damaged by frequent removal: Since you are being given the option of being flexible in the battery compartment, you’ll be pulling out and pushing in the battery several times – at least 3 to 4 times a month. During hurry, you might not follow the proper steps and end up damaging the parts such a pins or the SIM card slot. This might incur huge repair costs, since you will have to replace them with original components.
Bulkier phones: With great powers, comes great size. Allowing users to remove the batteries force manufacturers to add sufficient room for safe removal so that consumers do not damage the device. Also to achieve the removable battery design, batteries need to be rectangular (easiest to manage) space for which might not always be available.
Phones with Non-Removable Battery

If you have been using modern age phones, or smartphones as one calls it you might have noticed that the back cover is not user removable. When the back cover is bundled with the entire body, we say that the battery is not user removable. There might be certain situations where you might be able to take out the cover, but the battery shall still remain intact.

Advantages of Phones with Non-Removable Battery:

Unibody design implementation: Who doesn’t love slim phones which offer an amazing performance? Well, for manufacturers (with the existing technology) this becomes only possible when the battery comes fixed within the phone, occupying the bare minimum volume possible.
Lesser damages to the interiors of the phone: When the battery isn’t user removable, that means you do not get to swap it in and out often. With this, the internal parts like the pins are safe from any kind of damage.
Prevents unwanted particles from entering the inner segments: The battery ensure that most of the space is occupied and there are no gaps from which the foreign unwanted particles might enter the phone and hinder with the functioning.
Disadvantages of Phones with Non-Removable Battery:

Costlier to change the battery with a new one: Since the technicalities is lesser known to the public, the cheaper replacement units available with local sellers are hard to find. The only option you would be left with is taking your phone to the company’s service center to get it changed.
Swapping in and out a battery requires expertise: Company strictly instruct users not to try removing the battery all by themselves, because it requires expertise and tools which are not available commonly.
Fast reboot option unavailable: Gone are the days when you used to remove the battery from your phone when it failed to respond and was hung. You’ll have to look out for a combination of keys, depending on your phone to reboot it.

1 Share

Re: Removable Battery Or Non-removable Battery, Which Is More Advantageous by 3unitload(m): 5:15pm On Sep 03, 2016
I think both serves better....but I prefer removable battery to Non removable battery
......Don't ask me WHY....

1 Like

Re: Removable Battery Or Non-removable Battery, Which Is More Advantageous by Nobody: 5:15pm On Sep 03, 2016
Every pros have a con, both are good, depend on the users choice, just like manual vehicles and automatic vehicles
Re: Removable Battery Or Non-removable Battery, Which Is More Advantageous by Nobody: 5:18pm On Sep 03, 2016
Please make this hit front page, I think its worth while
Re: Removable Battery Or Non-removable Battery, Which Is More Advantageous by adefemi007(m): 5:26pm On Sep 03, 2016
Olivaturp2:
Please make this hit front page, I think its worth while

yeah

1 Like

Re: Removable Battery Or Non-removable Battery, Which Is More Advantageous by sugarboii(m): 5:42pm On Sep 03, 2016
cc lalasticlala this is FP worthy

1 Like

Re: Removable Battery Or Non-removable Battery, Which Is More Advantageous by waxxydude: 5:55pm On Sep 03, 2016
When you don't pull out your battery often, OR atall, you tend to have a better battery life than those who periodically pull out their batteries. It damages the battery cell, some times causing it to swell.

BUT, if you wanna go with the non-removable, you'd better look out for a "madder" processor.

Snapdragon 820/810/805/620 or Mediatek Helio P10/X10/X20/X25. So your phone dont experience hang-ups and other malfunctions for it's early-mid, some-a-times late years.

I'll go with the Non-removable.

1 Like

Re: Removable Battery Or Non-removable Battery, Which Is More Advantageous by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:56pm On Sep 03, 2016
Before I never liked non-removable battery, but now, other wise is the case.

Please, is there any remedy in case the phone starts overheating? Though I've not experienced it but, I know it do happen at time..
Re: Removable Battery Or Non-removable Battery, Which Is More Advantageous by waxxydude: 6:04pm On Sep 03, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
Before I never liked non-removable battery, but now, other wise is the case.

Please, is there any remedy in case the phone starts overheating? Though I've not experienced it but, I know it do happen at time..
Best remedy? Ma nigga just choke the damn thing in your deep freezer.
Re: Removable Battery Or Non-removable Battery, Which Is More Advantageous by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:27pm On Sep 03, 2016
waxxydude:
Best remedy? Ma nigga just choke the damn thing in your deep freezer.
I think water will be best option angry angry

1 Like

Re: Removable Battery Or Non-removable Battery, Which Is More Advantageous by Jayson504(m): 6:35pm On Sep 03, 2016
In a situation. whereby u have phone with a removable...and it falls into water, u could just remove d battery and dry it that's all....if a phone with non-removable battery falls into water...... d rest is history unless it gets repaired which will definitely cost a Lotta money.... REMOVABLE BATTERY IS THE BEST OPTION!!

1 Like

Re: Removable Battery Or Non-removable Battery, Which Is More Advantageous by Nobody: 6:40pm On Sep 03, 2016
Jayson504:
In a situation. whereby u have phone with a removable...and it falls into water, u could just remove d battery and dry it that's all....if a phone with non-removable battery falls into water...... d rest is history unless it gets repaired which will definitely cost a Lotta money.... REMOVABLE BATTERY IS THE BEST OPTION!!

They both seem good,same way both have their pros and cons

Looking for slimness and moderation, and non slacking, go for non removable battery phones
Looking for easy access to resetting and all sort, go for removable battery phones

They both are good kiss
Re: Removable Battery Or Non-removable Battery, Which Is More Advantageous by Nobody: 6:40pm On Sep 03, 2016
Jayson504:

They both seem good,same way both have their pros and cons

Looking for slimness and moderation, and non slacking, go for non removable battery phones
Looking for easy access to resetting and all sort, go for removable battery phones

kiss
Re: Removable Battery Or Non-removable Battery, Which Is More Advantageous by Nobody: 6:44pm On Sep 03, 2016
Who have heard of this phone pls?

1 Share

Re: Removable Battery Or Non-removable Battery, Which Is More Advantageous by PhonePlanet(m): 9:25pm On Sep 03, 2016
Olivaturp2:
Who have heard of this phone pls?
you must be new to the phone world

1 Like

Re: Removable Battery Or Non-removable Battery, Which Is More Advantageous by Nobody: 9:29pm On Sep 03, 2016
PhonePlanet:

Lol nah bro, qe learn from one another, no one is a fountain of all ideas,let's be real
Re: Removable Battery Or Non-removable Battery, Which Is More Advantageous by Nobody: 9:29pm On Sep 03, 2016
PhonePlanet:

Lol nah bro, we learn from one another, no one is a fountain of all ideas,let's be real
Re: Removable Battery Or Non-removable Battery, Which Is More Advantageous by PhonePlanet(m): 9:41pm On Sep 03, 2016
non removeable is better and i don't see any reason at all to buy a removeable battery phone.
Re: Removable Battery Or Non-removable Battery, Which Is More Advantageous by Nobody: 11:03pm On Sep 03, 2016
PhonePlanet:
non removeable is better and i don't see any reason at all to buy a removeable battery phone.

Same here bro

1 Share

Re: Removable Battery Or Non-removable Battery, Which Is More Advantageous by Marvel1206: 7:00am On Sep 04, 2016
I've used both and I prefer removable anyday anytime

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The #buhariprice Of Tecno Phantom 6 / Do This Survey And Get Free N200 Airtime From Etisalat / Hot....camon CX AIR, Receives First Update...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.