Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,365 members, 7,829,929 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Bigger War Than Boko Haram Looms, Says Ndume - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bigger War Than Boko Haram Looms, Says Ndume (31208 Views)

"IPOB Crisis Bigger Than Boko Haram" - Kashim Shettima / "Niger-Delta Avengers Worse Than Boko Haram" - Ango Abdullahi / Misrule Worse Than Boko Haram-PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bigger War Than Boko Haram Looms, Says Ndume by ijustdey: 7:29pm On Sep 03, 2016
Olalekan Adetayo, Abuja

The Senate Leader, Senator Ali Ndume, on Friday evening raised the alarm that if something urgent was not done, a war worse than the Boko Haram insurgency looms in Borno State and the North East generally.

Ndume raised the alarm at a cocktail organised to mark the official inauguration of ‘Get Involved Initiative’, a pet project of the Wife of the President, Mrs. Aisha Buhari.

The project is aimed at combating malnutrition in the North East.

Ndume said Nigeria might have a larger crisis on its hands if all stakeholders failed to do something urgent on the malnutrition being experienced among children in the affected area.

He said about 500,000 children would die of malnutrition if something urgent was not done.

He said, “The situation in Borno State particularly in the North East and in the country as liberated generally is very very serious.

“If we do not do something concrete now on these children that are growing up malnourished, sick with hunger, poverty and malnutrition in Borno State, then we are going to have another war that is worse than the Boko Haram war.

“So I want you to give the Wife of the President all the support. As estimated, if we don’t do something, for sure more than 50,000 children are going to die of malnutrition.

“That is beside the people that are dying right now because of hunger in Borno State.”

The Borno State Governor, Alhaji Kashim Shettima, lauded the President’s wife for the initiative.

Shettima urged other well-meaning Nigerians to join the crusade of bringing new lease of life to the people of the region, especially children.

He said, “We cannot thank you enough. You deserve special commendation for your giant strides towards assisting the less endowed in our society.

“She has so far given 30 trucks of assorted commodities to our people. We want to call on other well-to-do Nigerians to come out to give to her cause.”

The President’s wife said she was not comfortable with the magnitude of malnutrition being experienced especially among children.

He urged all and sundry to join her in reversing the trend.

“This is the time for all of us to once again renew our intentions and commitments towards ending the problem of malnutrition facing our country,” she said.

Mrs. Buhari also called on traditional and religious leaders as well as members of private sector, civil society and the media to be part of the Get-Involved Initiative

http://m.punchng.com/bigger-war-boko-haram-looms-says-ndume/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bigger War Than Boko Haram Looms, Says Ndume by Nobody: 7:31pm On Sep 03, 2016
I can only smh. Nigeria needs a miracle.

4 Likes

Re: Bigger War Than Boko Haram Looms, Says Ndume by nnachukz(m): 7:32pm On Sep 03, 2016
They created the problem and now they are suffering their innocent ones once more by diverting the food and aid materials meant for these children.
Truly the North need to be feared because they are heartless.

152 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Bigger War Than Boko Haram Looms, Says Ndume by Ellidude(m): 7:36pm On Sep 03, 2016
God help us. If only we had known. I feel more for the poor kids who go through unnecessary hardship.

The other day, we saw the picture of a soldier's meal after two days in the battlefield. This administration's focus is so engulfed in warfare that they've neglected the welfare of the masses. This is sad really.

Even the IDP's that initially had stocks of food for its inhabitants now winces in hunger.

APC has technically brought us shame.

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bigger War Than Boko Haram Looms, Says Ndume by tdbankplc: 7:38pm On Sep 03, 2016
What is all the money given to that region used for? As in money from UN and other foreign bodies?. All the dollapos.
So group of people don pack am again?

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bigger War Than Boko Haram Looms, Says Ndume by ThankGodEdeh(m): 7:40pm On Sep 03, 2016
They should enjoy their change.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bigger War Than Boko Haram Looms, Says Ndume by jmichlins(m): 7:41pm On Sep 03, 2016
I thought you people claim to feed the nation how come hunger is about to wipe the population out. Or do you save the nation from hunger and go hungry. I don't feel a bit sorry for you people at all. Your elite condemned us all to this suffering

86 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bigger War Than Boko Haram Looms, Says Ndume by Emmaoga: 7:42pm On Sep 03, 2016
THIS COUNTRY IS GETTING BAD DAY BY DAY.

ONE GOOD NEWS THIS MINUTE AND ANOTHER 1000 BAD NEWS THE NEXT FIVE MINUTES.....ONE CAN'T EVEN CELEBRATE THE GOOD NEWS AT ALL.

WHAT AM I SAYING SELF, NOTHING IS WORTH TO CELEBRATE FOR THIS ADMINISTRATION.

ARE YOU GOING TO CELEBRATE THE NEW PRICE OF RICE, PETROL OR CEMENT....WHICH ONE

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bigger War Than Boko Haram Looms, Says Ndume by todayboy: 7:52pm On Sep 03, 2016
They support boko haram because they hate Jonathan now they are feeling the heat

According to oshomole they should go and die they deserve death not mercy

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bigger War Than Boko Haram Looms, Says Ndume by Ellidude(m): 8:03pm On Sep 03, 2016
todayboy:
They support boko haram because they hate Jonathan now they are feeling the heat

Come on, you shouldn't paint everyone over there as being the same. Some persons, most especially women and children are just as helpless as little babies when it gets to matters involving their safety.

We can only wish them better and pray they find solace from wherever possible.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bigger War Than Boko Haram Looms, Says Ndume by madridguy(m): 8:03pm On Sep 03, 2016
Instead of Ndume calling on the FG, he should call the northern money bags:

Dangote
Rabiu
Danjuma
Ali Modu Al-Sheriff
Senators, Rep from the region.

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bigger War Than Boko Haram Looms, Says Ndume by truthspeaks: 8:04pm On Sep 03, 2016
Upon all d money n material donations to dat region, truly I 'Fear North' shocked shocked

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bigger War Than Boko Haram Looms, Says Ndume by Luckylife(m): 8:04pm On Sep 03, 2016
For the sake of innocents people in the north-east let help them financially, spiritually or kindly but for those that help boko haram directly or indirectly may God judge them . For APC politicians that promise them heaven and earth may the wrath of God deal with them for abandoning the people.

4 Likes

Re: Bigger War Than Boko Haram Looms, Says Ndume by ificatchmodeh: 8:09pm On Sep 03, 2016
Karma eh..
The sins of the father's undecided

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bigger War Than Boko Haram Looms, Says Ndume by PapaBrowne(m): 8:25pm On Sep 03, 2016
How come the IDPs were not starving in 2014??

Why has it suddenly become so hard to feed them?

Whats wrong with this government.

I'm suddenly beginning to feel like Buhari has a negative spell cast around him.

I hope he didn't join in the killings of innocent women and children during the 1967-70 war?

The way everything is going down in just one year surel says a lot.

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bigger War Than Boko Haram Looms, Says Ndume by Ojiofor: 8:29pm On Sep 03, 2016
Why is buhari starving those innocent children for goodness sake!

26 Likes

Re: Bigger War Than Boko Haram Looms, Says Ndume by IVORY2009(m): 8:47pm On Sep 03, 2016
na wa ooo, this govt of Buhari, I hope all will be sorted out, if not... Let me go and oil my shakabuka and hold my side ooo!

1 Like

Re: Bigger War Than Boko Haram Looms, Says Ndume by Sealeddeal(m): 8:50pm On Sep 03, 2016
jmichlins:
I thought you people claim to feed the nation how come hunger is about to wipe the population out. Or do you save the nation from hunger and go hungry. I don't feel a bit sorry for you people at all. Your elite condemned us all to this suffering
you dey mind those criminals that claims to feed the nation as if they give the food free. Are those in Borno not part of the nation they're feeding? I have never seen people as sentimental and hypocritical as northerners of Nigeria.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bigger War Than Boko Haram Looms, Says Ndume by Nature8(m): 8:55pm On Sep 03, 2016
Nawa oo! Things are getting worse everyday.. I feel for the innocent children.. May God see us through in this hardship..

1 Like

Re: Bigger War Than Boko Haram Looms, Says Ndume by AsoRockz01(m): 9:36pm On Sep 03, 2016
nnachukz:
They created the problem and now they are suffering their innocent ones once more by diverting the food and aid materials meant for these children.
Truly the North need to be feared because they are heartless.

The bible mentioned it 365 times: FEAR NORTH.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bigger War Than Boko Haram Looms, Says Ndume by AsoRockz01(m): 9:42pm On Sep 03, 2016
todayboy:

It serves them right.
Their population too much abeg.

3 Likes

Re: Bigger War Than Boko Haram Looms, Says Ndume by Nobody: 10:33pm On Sep 03, 2016
hmmmm
Re: Bigger War Than Boko Haram Looms, Says Ndume by rukkyland(m): 10:33pm On Sep 03, 2016
could it ever get better.?
Re: Bigger War Than Boko Haram Looms, Says Ndume by sommyblaze(m): 10:34pm On Sep 03, 2016
ok
Re: Bigger War Than Boko Haram Looms, Says Ndume by beautiful232(f): 10:34pm On Sep 03, 2016
I have one believe that
Nigerian will be better soonest

3 Likes

Re: Bigger War Than Boko Haram Looms, Says Ndume by 4reigningqueen: 10:35pm On Sep 03, 2016
Nigeria will survive!!!

2 Likes

Re: Bigger War Than Boko Haram Looms, Says Ndume by nototribalist: 10:35pm On Sep 03, 2016
They voted for change, so they must feel the change, just like 1980s

11 Likes

Re: Bigger War Than Boko Haram Looms, Says Ndume by Nobody: 10:35pm On Sep 03, 2016
Who is we.
That fool can feed them with his allowances alone He needs to hush it
Well the people voted him so its their business

13 Likes

Re: Bigger War Than Boko Haram Looms, Says Ndume by ManTiger(m): 10:36pm On Sep 03, 2016
[size=30pt]TREASONABLE STATEMENT[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Bigger War Than Boko Haram Looms, Says Ndume by beautiful232(f): 10:37pm On Sep 03, 2016
I have one believe that All this things will stop
Nigerian will get better soonest and we wil all live in peace

1 Like

Re: Bigger War Than Boko Haram Looms, Says Ndume by shiki(m): 10:37pm On Sep 03, 2016
God pls help the innocent children
Re: Bigger War Than Boko Haram Looms, Says Ndume by iykecicero: 10:38pm On Sep 03, 2016
Useless SINator. After you had founded Boko Haram, nursed them to the monster that they became, you came out to wail. You should know that whoever rides the back of the tiger always ends up in the tiger's belly.

On a second note, I thought they say the northerners loves themselves. Why is malnutrition ravaging the north? Where's the Five Pillars of Islam (Zakat: paying an alms (or charity) tax to benefit the poor and the needy)? Is it only getting dollar at N197/$1 and smuggling cocaine by Mecca-bound female Afonjas along the way.

The Zoo is falling and killing her littler monkeys and babboons along the way.

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ibadan Summit: Yoruba leaders, govs Insist on restructuring & regional govt / Nassarawa Governor, Abdullahi Sule Praying Over The Corpse Of His Son / Tiktok Row: Osimhen Rejects Napoli Penalty Duty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.