Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,264 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (1026) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6187366 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1023) (1024) (1025) (1026) (1027) (1028) (1029) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by sHOTdownHawk: 6:58am On Jun 10, 2017
Black Panther teaser trailer just dropped. Was ok. Lots of my peeps were excited. Kinda reminded me of us. Proud of our minerals (africa is rich BS) while white people make the real money.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 9jakool: 7:01am On Jun 10, 2017
The popularization of Swahili was largely due to tourism and Western exposure of African countries like Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Congo. From the Safaris, to lake Victoria, to Nairobi to Mount Kilimanjaro to Rwandan genocide all have intrigued the Western desires as well as influence perspectives for ages so it's no surprise Swahili came to the spotlight. Swahili was further popularize in movies and especially by Western companies like Disney. It also makes sense when you think about the fact that a huge number of African stereotypes that have come to describe Africans in general come from East Africa like the "African" accent, rural Africa, beautiful nature, poverty(which is find all over Africa), warlords(mainly from the Congo-Rwanda area), fast runners, and yes that includes Swahili. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying poverty or many of the things I mentioned don't occur elsewhere in Africa.I'm just saying that a lot of the stereotypes were based off of East Africa and Congo area. Also stereotypes are plainly subjective so they can be good, bad or neutral in a sense.

... For instance,
In the American movie, "Concusion" that detailed the discovery of a degenerative brain disease by the Nigerian doctor, Bennett Omalu, the American actor Will Smitt, played his role. Throughout the movie, he used the stereotypical African accent which is the East African accent. He himself acknowledges this mistake. A lot of Western perception of Africa boils down to certain parts of Africa. For example, a lot more Westerners have been to Kenya, Tanzania, Egypt, and South Africa than Mali or Sudan.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 9jakool: 7:05am On Jun 10, 2017
NairobiWalker:

Interesting but how developed are they?

Swahili is taught in many universities the world over. There are several Swahili professors who have studied the language indepthly and developed its vocabulary. You'll find Swahili dictionaries everywhere in supermarkets and bookshops. It is a compulsory subject in many East and Central African countries and a language of instruction in schools and universities in Tanzania and to some extent Kenya. Best of all it the most widely spoken African language and unlike Xhosa or Khoikhoi which are mainly spoken by native speakers (owners of the language) the Swahili people constitute less than 2% of total Swahili speakers.
Yes I know all of those things lol. Other languages like Fon, Akan, Yoruba, and Igbo also have notable recognition in Latin America and are studied in universities across the world.

Also Arabic is the most widely spoken language in Africa as well the most spoken in terms of first language in Africa with international recognition and widespread influence. Does that make Arabic the most important language in Africa?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:06am On Jun 10, 2017
freshest4live:

Apart from having constant electric power which is not totally available, l do not see in what way you Kenyans are better, but let's say we agree to disagree. I only blame the guy who started this thread, Nigeria should be competing with Brazil and India not Kenya.

just a small reminder ,

India has indigenously designed, developed and operates its own nuclear submarines

Brazil is developing its own nuclear submarine

i hope it gives u a idea of the technology these countries have.............and what about ur country ?

so dont have a OSTRICH + DODO attitude,

every country small or big is worth competing with , and only those who r ignorant about their own country will only talk rubbish about other countries. development is always a work in progress..........sometimes one country will be ahead, and sometimes another country will be ahead.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 9jakool: 7:07am On Jun 10, 2017
NairobiWalker:

If most non-Africans are only cognizant with Swahili then that makes it the most important language on the continent. I wonder how you already know that yet still claim Swahili is overrated.
Not really.
Most widely known? Yes

One if the most important in terms of number? Yes

Most important? Debatable
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 7:29am On Jun 10, 2017
TayserMahiri:

They were in Kenya where they surrendered, you claimed they fought in Somalia, being the usual Nigerian genius you are. They basically used to sneak Kenyan youths out for training and return them back in the hope they can start Jihad from within. But we were too smart for them. Now, since you seem to love putting yourself into some deep sheet, tell us how Boko Haram has managed to Kill all those people from 2009 and you have the ballz to get concerned over Kenyan youths surrenderring to the government.
Hahaha,wriggling lying worm.I said they went to somalia for money from alshabab then come back to bomb their motherland.At least boko is a Nigerian group but it's shameful when kenyans have to run away to somalia for terrorism training and then attack kenya.Na wa o!Somalia?For how much?And you have the nerve to mock nigerians crossing the sea and desert when your own boys are running away from hunger in kenya to somalia?SMH at your hypocrisy.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by freshest4live: 7:30am On Jun 10, 2017
nemesis2u:

just a small reminder ,

India has indigenously designed, developed and operates its own nuclear submarines

i hope it gives u a idea of the technology these countries have.............and what about ur country ?

every country small or big is worth competing with , and only those who r ignorant about their own country will only talk rubbish about other countries. development is always a work in progress..........sometimes one country will be ahead, and sometimes another country will be ahead.

I do not see the relevance of your comment to my quote. In terms of having things indigenously designed, Nigeria is more promising than Kenya, and the Government has set 2021 as the target for the nuclear submarine due to more pressing problems. I never said we are equal to India and Brazil just yet, but in terms of developing economies we should be looking up to compete with them rather than this talk of Kenya, not because Kenyan population is small, but because the Kenyan economic rating is still far behind, and the Chinese and foreigners play more sensitive roles in Kenya on average than they do in Nigeria.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 7:35am On Jun 10, 2017
nemesis2u:

just a small reminder ,

You never fail to make sense.But what that guy meant is that if nigeria was well managed it should be competing with other big countries.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 7:50am On Jun 10, 2017
9jakool:

Yes I know all of those things lol. Other languages like Fon, Akan, Yoruba, and Igbo also have notable recognition in Latin America and are studied in universities across the world.

Also Arabic is the most widely spoken language in Africa as well the most spoken in terms of first language in Africa with international recognition and widespread influence. Does that make Arabic the most important language in Africa?

Arabic is mainly spoken by Arabs. Let's talk of real African languages. If we talk of non-African languages then English takes the mantle.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 7:53am On Jun 10, 2017
9jakool:

Not really.
Most widely known? Yes

One if the most important in terms of number? Yes

Most important? Debatable

It is the MOST important. Which other African language (excluding Arabic which I don't consider African) has brought several countries together and continues to grow the way Swahili has done? Which other language has caught foreign interest as much as Swahili? Which is the most recognizable African language?

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by freshest4live: 8:07am On Jun 10, 2017
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Marcelo290(m): 8:09am On Jun 10, 2017
TayserMahiri:

So you think there is a country that is not blessed and unique in its own way? Nigerians are not successful in everything they do. Nigeria lacks institutions, systems, processes to prevent corruption
You finally succeeded in shooting yourself on the leg, Kenya that is among the worst corrupt countries in Africa?? besides do you know how many anti-corruption agencies we have here? hypocrites..
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by PissedYagami(m): 8:11am On Jun 10, 2017
ednited:

to Kenya too? wow. . .I know we did strech to Egypt and Saudi
Said Probably, the northern parts. Oromo lands.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:11am On Jun 10, 2017
freshest4live:

I do not see the relevance of your comment to my quote. In terms of having things indeginously designed, Nigeria is more promising than Kenya, and the Government has set 2021 as the target for the nuclear submarine due to more pressing problems. I never said we are equal to India and Brazil just yet, but in terms of developing economies we should be looking up to compete with them rather than this talk of Kenya. Not because Kenyan population is small, but because the Kenyan economy is still far behind, and the Chinese and foreigners play more sensitive roles in Kenya on average than they do in Nigeria.

no disrespect intended with my previous post

i am batting neither for nigeria nor for kenya what i want to emphasis is.......

1.look for the good in other countries and try to emulate it or even better it.
every country has bad points, but that is nobodies concern except for the citizens of that country.

2.dont make sweeping statements , nobody is qualified enough to do that. the parameters involved r huge and not humanly possible to quantify and judge without prejudice.

note: ur talking about comparing ( looking to compare ) Nigeria with Brazil / India (no problem with that) but the honest question u should ask yourself what good will it do when both Brazil and India r totally dissimilar with Nigeria in terms of culture , history , life style , economy , governance , Geo-politcal status , education , geography etc. u have almost nothing in common which u can extrapolate to arrive at a beneficial and importantly COMPATIBLE solution with respect to ur countries needs .

but if u compare ( good points only) with African countries with whom u share many common points than u stand to benefit from each other , as a good working solution in any domain ( economy , education , governance ) effective with one African country with be easily implemented in another African country with minimum changes and near 100% effectiveness due to high compatibilty in terms of close culture , governance, similar education pattern , inter related economy ,geographical proximity, geo political similarities etc .

but that does not mean u stop comparing (good points only) with other countries like Brazil china India Singapore Europe etc.

the point being one must get his priorities fixed.
this is a African forum so majority African guys from different African countries who will be in a good position to address each others issues easily rather than issues involving Asian/ American /European countries vis a vis African countries.

on a funny note

do we wear our formal clothes first and underwear later grin

or underwear first and clothes later on. grin

getting our priorities straight is very important in personal life as well as in national / intra national issues

i apologize for any misunderstanding

for me every country is worthy for doing great things but within their capabilities which is always a work in progress , importantly a happy country is a powerful country and not a giant or a midget
wink

the Government has set 2021 as the target for the nuclear submarine due to more pressing problems

FYI any country looking to develop her own nuclear submarines from scratch will need approx 20-30 years to do so, if not more and approx 20 billion dollars investment over the said period of development.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:30am On Jun 10, 2017
ednited:

next tym, don't do this again. Send such msg by their email cuz they might ((ban)) you. wink
Amesegnalw Ednited!

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:44am On Jun 10, 2017
obaaderemi:
You never fail to make sense.But what that guy meant is that if nigeria was well managed it should be competing with other big countries.

sir ,

say which one is better

1.competing again another person where we will always be in dark/at fault regarding that individuals qualities (both known or unknown due to prejudice , individual point of view etc)

or

2.competing against oneself where we will certainly know our faults/ qualities with minimum prejudice etc ( i don't think anybody will prejudice against himself/herself grin )

now extrapolate it to the level of a country .

so
a person who competes against himself / herself.....

a country which competes against itself.......

...................................................will always reap the maximum benefits with minimum effort and maximum effectiveness free of external factors/interference due to better clear cut, non biased awareness relating to his/her/its strengths/weaknesses .

what say u wink

ps: lolz everybody seems to have disappeared , ok i am taking my leave, sorry for the interruption,plz continue hehehe grin grin grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by freshest4live: 8:51am On Jun 10, 2017
nemesis2u:

no disrespect intended with my previous post

i am batting neither for nigeria nor for kenya what i want to emphasis is.......

1.look for the good in other countries and try to emulate it or even better it.
every country has bad points, but that is nobodies concern except for the citizens of that country.

2.dont make sweeping statements , nobody is qualified enough to do that. the parameters involved r huge and not humanly possible to quantify and judge without prejudice.

note: ur talking about comparing ( looking to compare ) Nigeria with Brazil / India (no problem with that) but the honest question u should ask yourself what good will it do when both Brazil and India r totally dissimilar with Nigeria in terms of culture , history , life style , economy , governance , Geo-politcal status , education , geography etc. u have almost nothing in common which u can extrapolate to arrive at a beneficial and importantly COMPATIBLE solution with respect to ur countries needs .

but if u compare ( good points only) with African countries with whom u share many common points than u stand to benefit from each other , as a good working solution in any domain ( economy , education , governance ) effective with one African country with be easily implemented in another African country with minimum changes and near 100% effectiveness due to high compatibilty in terms of close culture , governance, similar education pattern , inter related economy ,geographical proximity, geo political similarities etc .

but that does not mean u stop comparing (good points only) with other countries like Brazil china India Singapore Europe etc.

the point being one must get his priorities fixed.
this is a African forum so majority African guys from different African countries who will be in a good position to address each others issues easily rather than issues involving Asian/ American /European countries vis a vis African countries.

on a funny note

do we wear our formal clothes first and underwear later grin

or underwear first and clothes later on. grin

getting our priorities straight is very important in personal life as well as in national / intra national issues

i apologize for any misunderstanding

for me every country is worthy for doing great things but within their capabilities which is always a work in progress , importantly a happy country is a powerful country and not a giant or a midget
wink

FYI any country looking to develop her own nuclear submarines from scratch will need approx 20-30 years to do so, if not more and approx 20 billion dollars investment over the said period of development.

Sorry l meant Nigeria is looking forward to developing submarines by 2021.
But in all, l'm talking about fast growing or developing economies, l'm not saying Nigeria is ahead of your country lndia.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ofofoCEO(f): 8:56am On Jun 10, 2017
Kenyans wen still dey drink cow blood
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:58am On Jun 10, 2017
freshest4live:

Sorry l meant Nigeria is looking forward to developing submarines by 2021.
But in all, l'm talking about fast growing or developing economies, l'm not saying Nigeria is ahead of your country.

i have no problem if a person is more successful than me , it is her/his credit.

i am content with my own life / achievement .

same goes for a country vis a vis another country ,

someday Nigeria will be better than my country and
someday Kenya will be better than Nigeria and
someday people like u and me and all will learn to enjoy in the collective achievements of all countries .

seriously i believe we need a attack by aliens on a planetary level grin grin grin grin
than maybe we will start appreciating each others countries for what we r good at wink

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Marcelo290(m): 8:59am On Jun 10, 2017
Krystal3:
if all kenyans are as naive and confused as you are, then i guess i dont wanna argue with them and i think what you need now is prayers, maybe after that u'll learn to accept that nigeria is better than kenya in all aspects.
His brain is very shallow, just ignore his rants to avoid being dragged to his level...

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by freshest4live: 9:00am On Jun 10, 2017
ofofoCEO:
Kenyans wen still dey drink cow blood
Hahahaha, come on that should be just one village massai tribe only.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:22am On Jun 10, 2017
TayserMahiri:

LMAO grin Chinese. Reminds me the American ones
LMAO grin grin grin grin man ya made my day

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Marcelo290(m): 9:24am On Jun 10, 2017
Muafrika2:

You don't have to defend everything undecided This is a serious issue. It fits the definition of genocide

https://www.nairaland.com/3849904/ango-abdullahi-backs-quit-notice#57340574

https://www.nairaland.com/3851635/quit-notice-igbo-see-photos#57368441

Your self acclaimed Eldorado is no better, tribal conflicts occurs everywhere

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_conflicts_in_Kenya

Besides this picture got my attention, where do they say Kenyans originated from? oh I remember, apes cheesy Little wonder they look no different from monk....ys History said so not me lol

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Marcelo290(m): 9:33am On Jun 10, 2017
NairobiWalker:

You realize the ranking is based on citizens opinions and not the actual figures do you? I don't expect you to understand the difference though.
But your deluded brother here Taysermahiri claimed corruption is worse in Nigeria, those links were to debunk his assertions as the world knows corruption is a trademark in Kenya
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Marcelo290(m): 9:35am On Jun 10, 2017
PissedYagami:
Apart from Football and Basketball, we are better than Nigeria in all other sports smiley
Nigeria is ahead of Kenya in every popular sport
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:39am On Jun 10, 2017
Marcelo290:
Nigeria is ahead of Kenya in every popular sport
Typical naijas-- Area Boys Displays In LAGOS. Lago is a dump grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcZ1k7u7yAY
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:42am On Jun 10, 2017
fanficgirl:

No, I'm battling extreme apathy

This sounds exotic to me. sad
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:42am On Jun 10, 2017
Hati13:

If you ever wants to talk to me on WhatsApp, here is my number +251965652108

Among many, you and TayserMahiri were and still are helping me extensively with your advice and kind words. I will do anything for not just only you two guys to help or listen, but for anyone here.

Should we talk here or on WhatsApp? If here, then how long has this been tormenting you?

Boy, you don't leave your number on a Nigerian forum

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:43am On Jun 10, 2017
Marcelo290:
Your self acclaimed Eldorado is no better, tribal conflicts occurs everywhere

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_conflicts_in_Kenya

Besides this picture got my attention, where do they say Kenyans originated from? oh I remember, apes cheesy Little wonder they look no different from monk....ys History said so not me lol
Go do your homework. This is an adult discussion angry
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:44am On Jun 10, 2017
9jakool:

Why do I think Swahili is overrated. There are other interesting Bantu languages.

Overrated? If a language is influential and spreading it cannot be overrated. There's something unique about it.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:46am On Jun 10, 2017
PissedYagami:
So posting espn news links here gets you auto banned undecided. Could not comment for two days. TayserMahiri, wanted to post some link on what happened to Kenya Cricket. Aasif Karim the Kenyan captained was the one who led us to glory. He retired. That is what happened. He is running for the top job though, there he is. Maybe you cannot remember him

Probably the spam bot thought you were attempting some cheap betting adverts. So the captain retired and all went south? undecided I don't seem to remember him but I hope he gets the job. Been a long time since I heard Kenyan Cricket doing wonders like in the 90 s and early 2000 s.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:48am On Jun 10, 2017
fanficgirl:
In honesty, all these African forums have nothing but horrible to say about other Africans, so anyone here claiming Nigeriana purposely only bash other Africans is a liar. Nigerians go look at Kenyan websites ans the disgusting things said there
cheesy Don take it personal, some of these bashes are not meant for everyone but for specific nutjobs. They seem to be too many in your mother country

(1) (2) (3) ... (1023) (1024) (1025) (1026) (1027) (1028) (1029) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.