Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,953 members, 7,852,210 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:59 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (1209) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6271017 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1206) (1207) (1208) (1209) (1210) (1211) (1212) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 2:10pm On Jun 24, 2017
freshest4live:

The HDI is important but Kenya's HDI in Africa which just recently puts her at the middle class is nothing to boast about yet, and of course Nigeria should sit up and do better.
GDP is the greatest measure for powerful societies or economies, that's just the way it is unfortunately, l also believe HDI should be what really matters, but it's not as simple as that. A 70 Billion dollar GDP for 45million people does not speak well of the Kenyan progress. This is the reason Kenya is not there yet for a so called dick measuring. You can't measure up in Economy, Military, Technology, Entertainment, Resources, except you wanna speak of Tourism and of course HDI.
Nigeria was the second largest economy in Africa for a long time despite using a 1990 model that didn't account for all aspects of her economy like Nollywood, fashion and the boom in telecommunication, even at that we were just slightly behind south africa, when all of these factors were brought in for the rebasement in 2014, it was already believed Nigeria would topple south africa by a wide margin.
You can see that we rarely talk about GDP when speaking with the south africans, this is because the SA with a GDP of about 350 Billion dollars for 50 million people is definitely a big economy in Africa.
Like you've said let's forget it, the arguement is not worth it.

What technology is this that some Nigerians keep talking about?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 2:11pm On Jun 24, 2017
jln115:

Large game include kudu, eland, waterbuck, zebra, impala,gemsbuck ect ect.

And why is my source absurd?? Because you say so??

"South Africa currently has an estimated 20.5 million head of game (approximately 16 million on private land and the rest on state parks)"

http://www.africanskyhunting.co.za/articles/hunting-and-conservation.html

As I said before the head count only contains permanent game not migrating animals......that said if you include all the migrating animals, the population would still make up barley a tenth of that in SA.

So according to you the population of widebeests, elands, waterbucks, greater kudus, buffaloes, elephants, rhinos, zebras etc in Kenya is 700k? dude you need to see a doctor. I'm done with you.

PS...

Non of the links you post gives the absurd figures of 20M for SA 700k for Kenya. They just go on talking about how hunting is good.
Blogs done by hunters to prove hunting is good won't give you the right figures for anything. Go to KWS and you'll find the correct figures for Kenya's game. The African country with the highest number of large game is Tanzania, not SA.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by freshest4live: 2:11pm On Jun 24, 2017
NairobiWalker:

What technology is this that some Nigerians keep talking about?
You can start with IT, any form of technology you want.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 2:22pm On Jun 24, 2017
freshest4live:

You can start with IT, any form of technology you want.

......and Nigeria is supposedly ahead of Kenya in IT? Dude......you need to see a doctor. Check average internet speeds for Africa first and we can begin from there.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jun 24, 2017
Jayceon:
lol I thought I was the only one experiencing this

does it also tell you Mombasa?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by genieluv(f): 2:26pm On Jun 24, 2017
ephi321:

Please stop making noise on my mention. Are you okay at all?

Logically, Northerners cannot dominate the economy when they have remained largely uneducated. Whose fault is it that they've continued to propagate the almajiri system and not educate their youths like other regions have done?

Figures and facts can never be twisted no matter how hard you try. In any case, make your ignorant and false comments in peace and keep me out of that nonsense. Same goes for the commenter above. I don't know you from Adam and won't tolerate you quoting my moniker aimlessly all over the place.

Well, likewise southerners can never dominate politics in Nigeria when they always fight each n are very insultive n disrespectful.

****Every society has his or her problems.
N try to stay away from this thread if you don't want to be mentioned.
Good riddance to bad rubbish!

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jun 24, 2017
jln115:

Large game include kudu, eland, waterbuck, zebra, impala,gemsbuck ect ect.

And why is my source absurd?? Because you say so??

"South Africa currently has an estimated 20.5 million head of game (approximately 16 million on private land and the rest on state parks)"

http://www.africanskyhunting.co.za/articles/hunting-and-conservation.html

As I said before the head count only contains permanent game not migrating animals......that said if you include all the migrating animals, the population would still make up barley a tenth of that in SA.

Why are you twisting things? Head of game includes smaller animals.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jun 24, 2017
TayserMahiri:

does it also tell you Mombasa?
No!!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jun 24, 2017
Jayceon:
No!!

What does the error tell you?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jun 24, 2017
Shaytun:

The IGIRIGI.
Designed and manufactured by the army Corps of Engineers, the APC was first introduced to the media during the 2012 Nigeria Army Day celebrations (NADCEL). While actual specs of the vehicle are still undisclosed, observers noted the remote control weapons station, and its IED deflecting V shaped hull.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igirigi_APC

SHaytani, even Tanzania, a country ranked as a HIPC, Heavily Indebted poor Country makes similar trucks for its army and police.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jun 24, 2017
TayserMahiri:

I didn't check that
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jun 24, 2017
jln115:

Those are migrating animals, only permanent heads of game are counted

http://theconversation.com/kenyas-wildlife-populations-are-declining-markedly-as-livestock-numbers-grow-66643

This site you provide seemingly is by hunters. The first story below there tells it all
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ephi321(f): 2:35pm On Jun 24, 2017
genieluv:

Well, likewise southerners can never dominate politics in Nigeria when they always fight each n are very insultive n disrespectful.

****Every society has his or her problems.
N try to stay away from this thread if you don't want to be mentioned.

You don't own this thread and I will comment when and how I want to.

You are the one that should stay out of my lane, I have never spoken to you first on this thread, so stay off my path and stop quoting me aimlessly. Very simple.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jun 24, 2017
TayserMahiri:

I didn't check that but I know the error can't be Mombasa lol
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by genieluv(f): 2:35pm On Jun 24, 2017
Jay254:

Sorry to say but you sound so ignorant...
Yaah am ignorant cos your excuse looks so cheap n has been busted.
****See, i do not care about you guys (Kenyans), you guys should just learn to stay away from the lovely conversations on African culture between lovers of African culture on this thread n stay away from giving flimsy excuses about how the whites who intended to settle in your country made you loose your culture whereas there are other Africans with more whites in their country who are still proud n celebrate their african cultures to the fullest.
You can be more Europeanized than the Europeans n that's your business @PissedYagami

>>>>At least i have the beautiful n lovely Ethiopians to keep me in good company on this thread.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jun 24, 2017
Jayceon:
I didn't check that but I know the error can't be Mombasa lol

Why not? It tells me Mombasa while Im in nairobi. Be keen next time.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by genieluv(f): 2:39pm On Jun 24, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
I came here to read up about other African people but your illiteracy on this thread about politics is quite nauseating

No, you n your sisters came here with a wave of bigotry, stupidity n shamelesness.
You guys would have limited yourselves to the ethnic/tribal politics section where your little minds can fully function.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jun 24, 2017
TayserMahiri:

But those cities are both in Kenya
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jun 24, 2017
kikuyu1:

Fellow Kenyans,you've completely misunderstood the hunting issue. Firstly its a serious biz!

Buffalo $12,740 R178,395
Eland $2,800 R39,390
Gemsbok $1,360 R19,075
Hartebees $1,175 R16,440
Impala $625 R8,730
Kudu $2,630 R36,825
Roan $9,665 R135,295
Sable $8,555 R119,755
Springbok $720 R10,115
Wilde Blue $1,040 R14,560
Zebra Plains $1,265 R17,710

https://www.peterflack.co.za/south-african-hunting-statistics-2015/

The last firm figures I can find is from 2015:

https://learningenglish.voanews.com/a/trophy-hunting-south-africa/2412610.html

Mind you much of this money goes where its needed most-rural areas. Trackers,skinners,drivers,bearers,camp personnel all make living off hunting safaris. Forget the airlines,car hire,hotel owners and taxidermists,the guys who stuff the animals for a minute. TayserMahiri,jay254 and gallivant,would you have them ban this industry with its many numerous financial knock on benefits?

Once you anthropomorphise animals and pretend they're human you get poo like ivory burning. Do you have any idea how much money people will pay for single highly detailed carved pieces like the last two? A million dollars,goddammit!

That was one of UK's blunders,imo.

Hmm, we should have sold the ivory and create more demand for it? You dont understand what ripple effects such sheer numbers of ivory would have had.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 2:42pm On Jun 24, 2017
genieluv:

No, you n your sisters came here with a wave of bigotry, stupidity n shamelesness.
You guys would have limited yourselves to the ethnic/tribal politics section where your little minds can fully function.

Whooaaa i have never seen you so angry dear.
Pls take it easy, some people are not worth your emotions.
Leave those shameless bigoted bitches n cultureless Kenyans who are bitter over their loss of cultures.

Kin fi su hikima da basira. Ki kwanta da hankali, kinji?

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jun 24, 2017
TayserMahiri:

okay i'll check if it happens again

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jun 24, 2017
Jayceon:
But those cities are both in Kenya

Yes ofcourse angry But Nairaland is suspiciously hosted in Mombasa as PissedYagami pointed out. You should confirm for us grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jun 24, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Yes ofcourse angry But Nairaland is suspiciously hosted in Mombasa as PissedYagami pointed out. You should confirm for us grin
your server is the host? cheesy
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by genieluv(f): 2:46pm On Jun 24, 2017
PissedYagami:

But then again our main language is African, not English, like you guys who are so cultured. Checkmate

Our national languages are Hausa, Yoruba n Igbo.

**** Besides, a small and comparatively homogenous country like yours would be easier for some things n not a mighty country like Nigeria with histories of different Kingdoms, empires n civilizations checkmate
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jun 24, 2017
genieluv:

Basically the office is more of a ceremonial one. However they engage in traditional administration of their people, they r the custodians of the cultures of the people. They help in settlings customary disputes. They have the respect of the people, so, people do look up to them for guidance, direction, blessings n support.

But I think those guys are responsible for a lot of backward thinking in naija undecided like the witchcraft and and clamouring for independence?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by genieluv(f): 2:48pm On Jun 24, 2017
Nowenuse:

Whooaaa i have never seen you so angry dear.
Pls take it easy, some people are not worth your emotions.
Leave those shameless bigoted bitches n cultureless Kenyans who are bitter over their loss of cultures.

Kin fi su hikima da basira. Ki kwanta da hankali, kinji?

Kai, gaskiya sunsa ni bala'in haushi yau. Zan nuna masu ainihin taurin kai. Wallahi bazan masu shiru ba
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jun 24, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Never has nairaland been hosted in Kenya,
Stop the misinformation,

It's cloudflare/disruption, it happens in hazy weathers, and other conditions unfavourable to cloud technology,

When this happens it indicates the particular location of the device affected, at the instance of such misdeeds,

Hope you dig bro,
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jun 24, 2017
Jayceon:
your server is the host? cheesy

As I said very suspiciously. Anything is possible with naija people.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jun 24, 2017
TayserMahiri:

But I think those guys are responsible for a lot of backward thinking in naija undecided like the witchcraft and and clamouring for independence?

Didn't Kenya clamor for independence?
You sound like a broken record
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by genieluv(f): 2:53pm On Jun 24, 2017
ephi321:

You don't own this thread and I will comment when and how I want to.

You are the one that should stay out of my lane, I have never spoken to you first on this thread, so stay off my path and stop quoting me aimlessly. Very simple.

Well you keep your bigotry away on Nigerian affairs n stop misleading others on issues you know nothing about.
**** Stick to your ethnic politics section where you guys fight dirty over tribe n Nigerian local politics cos this section obvioiusly does not suit you.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jun 24, 2017
Nigeria just has resources more than other African nations but on the average those nations are better than us and considering their smaller population, On average per head they are better off than us. A good number of small African countries like Ethiopia (landlocked), Tanzania, Zimbabwe, Nairobi, Kenya, Botswana, etc have better roads, a functional national carrier, better electricity generation (per head), cleaner cities, etc than nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jun 24, 2017
arinzeejikonye:

Didn't Kenya clamor for independence?
You sound like a broken record

WHat are you saying?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1206) (1207) (1208) (1209) (1210) (1211) (1212) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.