Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,503 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6198846 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Fidha254(m): 11:28am On Oct 10, 2016
naijalander:

comparing statistics makes no sense because Nigeria's population is more than 3 times that of Kenya, of course more people die in Nigeria than in Kenya, that's because more people live there!
those statistics are compared in ratio not absolute numbers, for example on death rate kenya has death rate of 7:1000 while ngeria has 15.12:1000, in other words in 2014, 0.7% of the population of kenyans died while 1.5% of the population on nigerians died (it does not matter how big your population is 1.5 is still greater than 0.7, if you had grater lives than kenya you would have less than 0.7 dieing of various causes)...if you want to get the actual number of those that died you take the % number and mutiply by the population

7 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 11:30am On Oct 10, 2016
naijalander:

oga when I go home, I live in Ibadan, which one of us is ill informed? you that has never steeped out side of Kenya?

There are still slums in IB for sure, but not the way your pictures have portrayed them.

Here is a current google image of Ibadan...............you "giant of Africa" fans need to realize other Africans actually trabel into Nigeria and have information about Nigeria. Most of Ibadan is a shitty slum and the better part of it is a badly planned town. Any town over 250000 people in Kenya would beat Ibadan hands down.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 11:34am On Oct 10, 2016
NairobiWalker:

"Will be"................give me a break, we are talking of the present. Remind me, what manufactured product does Nigeria export exactly? You realize you are the only country with over 100 Million people that doesn't export any manufactured products do you?

Nigeria still exports.

Nigeria now exports cars produced by Innoson Motors.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 11:34am On Oct 10, 2016
naijalander:

Actually the higher the population, the harder it is to cater for the people especially in a capitalist society like Nigeria. The US was able to maintain equality via FDR social security enactment. I did not say other African countries are not growing, but Nigeria is going at a much faster pace therefore has more inequality to deal with.

Nigeria is in a position to control, Nigerian businesses are spread across the continent, UBA, GT Bank, Eco bank all have branches in Kenya, these are Nigerian owned financial institutions. Even IT start up in Nigeria are bring their business to Kenya, BudgIT will launch its Kenya chapter soon, Tuteria.com too, Dangote Group is in SA, Zimbabwe, Ethiopia, Malawi, Tanzania and more rcently Kenya, Glo Telecoms also Nigerian owned is in Ghana, Togo and Benin Republic, consultancy services as well, much of Kenya's Temenos T24 core banking are implemented by Nigerian consultants.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Of course Nigeria has some businesses outside Nigeria but so has any other African country. Kenya has several businesses outside Kenya. The point is Nigeria is no where close to dominating or being the giant of Africa - you still have SA companies dominating you like Shoprite and MTN, you don't even have an oil refinery despite producing oil for over 40 years. Nigeria is big I know but your statistics are just too low to make you the Giant.

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 11:36am On Oct 10, 2016
NairobiWalker:

Here is a current google image of Ibadan...............you "giant of Africa" fans need to realize other Africans actually trabel into Nigeria and have information about Nigeria. Most of Ibadan is a shitty slum and the better part of it is a badly planned town. Any town over 250000 people in Kenya would beat Ibadan hands down.

Ibadan is the state capital of Oyo State. With a population of over 3 million, it is the most populous city in the state, and the third most populous city in Nigeria, after Lagos and Kano; it is the country's largest city by geographical area. Wikipedia
Area: 1,189 mi²
Elevation: 755′
Weather: 85°F (29°C), Wind S at 3 mph (5 km/h), 69% Humidity
Local time: Monday 11:35 AM
Population: 1.835 million (1991) UNdata

Population in Ibadan is not less than 1.8M

Probably even more since wikipedia is outdated.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 11:36am On Oct 10, 2016
naijalander:

That Ibadan has slums does not mean it does not have nice neighborhoods, they are nice estates there as well, Bodija, Ire Akari, Oluyole, Akobo, these are all Runda type of local governments all in Ibadan. Not to talk of Oyo state at large, Ibadan is only the capital city of Oyo state.

Lol, there is absolutely no place in Ibadan that can match Runda, that's a cold lie. Lagos would be lucky to have estates matching Runda - perhaps Abuja can try.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 11:38am On Oct 10, 2016
naijalander:

Nigeria still exports.

Innoson Cars are NOT exported outside Nigeria. They are just used within Nigeria - how often do you see an Innoson car in Kenya?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 11:39am On Oct 10, 2016
NairobiWalker:

Of course Nigeria has some businesses outside Nigeria but so has any other African country. Kenya has several businesses outside Kenya. The point is Nigeria is no where close to dominating or being the giant of Africa - you still have SA companies dominating you like Shoprite and MTN, you don't even have an oil refinery despite producing oil for over 40 years. Nigeria is big I know but your statistics are just too low to make you the Giant.

Nigeria has hundreds of refineries but they have not been well managed because the fuel importers sabotaged them.

Nigeria has a ot of super market chains that are bigger than Shoprite within Nigeria as well.

MTN is just one telecom company, Nigeria has Glo, Etisalat, Airtel, and by the way Nigerians hold majority share in MTN so calling it out right a South African business in Nigeria may be wrong, MTN in Nigeria is not wholly owned by South Africans.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 11:39am On Oct 10, 2016
naijalander:

Ibadan is the state capital of Oyo State. With a population of over 3 million, it is the most populous city in the state, and the third most populous city in Nigeria, after Lagos and Kano; it is the country's largest city by geographical area. Wikipedia
Area: 1,189 mi²
Elevation: 755′
Weather: 85°F (29°C), Wind S at 3 mph (5 km/h), 69% Humidity
Local time: Monday 11:35 AM
Population: 1.835 million (1991) UNdata

Population in Ibadan is not less than 1.8M

Probably even more since wikipedia is outdated.

I don't know why you are giving me these figures, I never denied them. In fact I didn't expect Ibadan to have less than 3M people.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MtuMsuper: 11:39am On Oct 10, 2016
naijalander:

dude what are you taking about? ECOWAS economy depends on Nigeria's economy. contrary to what you think, Nigeria does export to other countries, its just not highly publicized and what ECOWAS countries produce, depend on the average Nigerian consumer's taste. And Nigeria is probably the most resourceful nation on the continent. Forget crude oil, what do you think we survived on before the oil boom of the 70s?? Rubber, cocoa, gold, very large untapped iron ore deposits, bitumen, coal, just to name a few...oh yeah and agricultural land, Nigeria has the largest rice plantation in Africa.
Does the giant produce more fresh milk than ordinary kenya?

Ps. Your country still imports rice making Indonesian and Thai farmers very rich.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 11:40am On Oct 10, 2016
NairobiWalker:

Innoson Cars are NOT exported outside Nigeria. They are just used within Nigeria - how often do you see an Innoson car in Kenya?

give it time bro, Innoson will come eventually. Good to know you are enthusiastic about it and yes they now export to Benin Republic!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 11:43am On Oct 10, 2016
MtuMsuper:

Does the giant produce more fresh milk than ordinary kenya?

Ps. Your country still imports rice making Indonesian and Thai farmers very rich.

Ok why would Nigeria not be producing milk? does that even make sense to you?

Most of our milk is powdered because it is produced up North and the market is in the South.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 11:43am On Oct 10, 2016
naijalander:

give it time bro, Innoson will come eventually. Good to know you are enthusiastic about it and yes they now export to Benin Republic!

Time Time Time..................now that in your latest posts you've become sane enough to talk of time and "we will" instead of "we are", can you now stop pushing down our throats the narrative that Nigeria dominates over Kenya and the rest of Africa?

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MtuMsuper: 11:45am On Oct 10, 2016
naijalander:

Ok why would Nigeria not be producing milk? does that even make sense to you?

Most of our milk is powdered because it is produced up North and the market is in the South.
Incorrect. The truth is that dairy industry is virtually non existent and milk(powdered) is imported. even toothpicks are imported

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 11:47am On Oct 10, 2016
NairobiWalker:

Lol, there is absolutely no place in Ibadan that can match Runda, that's a cold lie. Lagos would be lucky to have estates matching Runda - perhaps Abuja can try.

OMG don't let anybody hear that.

Nairobi got its first high way; Thika Rd in 2012 and you wanna compare.

You disappoint me bro

Ibadan would be compared to Nairobi any time.

Do you realize Ibadan is much bigger than Nairobi in land mass??

I grew up in Lagos, Lagos is stretched on the coast and even borrows land from Ibadan.

Ibadan has many Rundas, how can you say that and you have never been there

Keep depending on the pictures you see and don't travel to see for yourself.

wewe ni mfala!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MtuMsuper: 11:49am On Oct 10, 2016
NairobiWalker:

Time Time Time..................now that in your latest posts you've become sane enough to talk of time and "we will" instead of "we are", can you now stop pushing down our throats the narrative that Nigeria dominates over Kenya and the rest of Africa?
a sad and annoying assumption from 9ja that they lead in everything in Africa when the indisputable facts suggest they are mostly in the middle or bottom percentiles on most indices of things. Imagine importing refined petroleum in an oil producing country. Its like Saudi importing petrol, lolest

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 11:50am On Oct 10, 2016
MtuMsuper:

Incorrect. The truth is that dairy industry is virtually non existent and milk(powdered) is imported. even toothpicks are imported

Another lie. How do you know? Do you live or work in Naija? Nigerian dairy is brought from the North, processed to powder by nulti nationals but processed in Naija all the same. Ibadan has some of the most industrialized etsates in the country. They produce biscuits, corn flakes and many other junk food stuff.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 11:51am On Oct 10, 2016
NairobiWalker:

For the gazillionth time, no one wants to dominate you, we just do our thing.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 11:54am On Oct 10, 2016
MtuMsuper:

a sad and annoying assumption from 9ja that they lead in everything in Africa when the indisputable facts suggest they are mostly in the middle or bottom percentiles on most indices of things. Imagine importing refined petroleum in an oil producing country. Its like Saudi importing petrol, lolest

Nigeria does lead Africa in a lot of sectors, you can die if you don't believe it. We used to refine our own crude till the importation mafias, misguided, thought it wise and cheaper to export crude and import the produce. A disgrace for sure.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 11:57am On Oct 10, 2016
NairobiWalker:

Peanuts to tiny countries - Nigeria's millitary is as pathetic as the rest of Africa. Boko Haram alone is too big shit for you.

Now you are just begging to be insulted.

Nigeria's army has the most versatile land force there is in the sub sahara, with conflict experience as far as South Sudan helping the UN during the Darfur crisis. Ended 2 civil wars (Sierra Leone and Liberia), Angola Civil War experience too.

Honestly you are not arguing any more, you are just hating.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 12:00pm On Oct 10, 2016
MtuMsuper:

A small and ordinary country which only discovered crude oil less than 5 years ago is able to raise more government revenue than the giant.

Raise which revenue? keep dreaming, keep borrowing from the IMF and World Bank, let your children inherit debt.

Most Kenyans live on debt, mortgaged houses, leased cars, etc. Your economy is debt based. Nigerians on the other hand buy and fully own, very few borrow from banks, it is sad that most Nigerians have no access to small scale loans other wise we won't even be having this convo.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 12:01pm On Oct 10, 2016
naijalander:

OMG don't let anybody hear that.

Nairobi got its first high way; Thika Rd in 2012 and you wanna compare.

You disappoint me bro

Ibadan would be compared to Nairobi any time.

Do you realize Ibadan is much bigger than Nairobi in land mass??

I grew up in Lagos, Lagos is stretched on the coast and even borrows land from Ibadan.

Ibadan has many Rundas, how can you say that and you have never been there

Keep depending on the pictures you see and don't travel to see for yourself.

wewe ni mfala!

I have traveled to Lagos, never been to Ibadan but I am informed bro...............land area is of no importance, stop lying to us. I can see on google maps almost 99% of Ibadan is shitty. Telling me a Runda can be found in Ibadan is being disrespectful to Runda. Maybe South B. See, look at google images - a random google image of Nakuru is better than anywhere in Ibadan, I am actually going through google maps to find a decent place in Ibadan but it's all in vain. Below is the most decent image of Ibadan I found.........below it is an image of Runda. You can give us a better image if you think I'm beng unfair to Ibadan. You would honestly have to be a special kind of patriot to claim Ibadan has an equivalent of Runda. The first two are of the best image of Ibadan I got and the next two are of Runda.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MtuMsuper: 12:02pm On Oct 10, 2016
naijalander:

Another lie. How do you know? Do you live or work in Naija? Nigerian dairy is brought from the North, processed to powder by nulti nationals but processed in Naija all the same. Ibadan has some of the most industrialized etsates in the country. They produce biscuits, corn flakes and many other junk food stuff.
Someone very close to me is in the dairy industry in Kenya. I see her work all the time and learn alot from her. As far as dairying is concerned, i can assure you the giant is waaaay behind ordinary kenya. Most of your powdered milk which is abomination to kenyans, is from Holland /Denmark /new Zealand imports. Are you aware Dangote has plans for a dairy plant in Kenya to export to 9ja as powdered milk? Kenya dairy industry is much much much larger than almost all African countries, they come to learn from us. It accounts for some 3.5-4% of GDP. Did you know that?
There is a nigerian from agric section, i forget his name, he is a balanced individual and in the agricultural industry living here in kenya. He can expound on this better than me.

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by lennymutai(m): 12:07pm On Oct 10, 2016
MtuMsuper:

Someone very close to me is in the dairy industry in Kenya. I see her work all the time and learn alot from her. As far as dairying is concerned, i can assure you the giant is waaaay behind ordinary kenya. Most of your powdered milk which is abomination to kenyans, is from Holland /Denmark /new Zealand imports. Are you aware Dangote has plans for a dairy plant in Kenya to export to 9ja as powdered milk? Kenya dairy industry is much much much larger than almost all African countries, they come to learn from us. It accounts for some 3.5-4% of GDP. Did you know that?
There is a nigerian from agric section, i forget his name, he is a balanced individual and in the agricultural industry living here in kenya. He can expound on this better than me.
the guy is pavore9.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MtuMsuper: 12:10pm On Oct 10, 2016
naijalander:

Raise which revenue? keep dreaming, keep borrowing from the IMF and World Bank, let your children inherit debt.

Most Kenyans live on debt, mortgaged houses, leased cars, etc. Your economy is debt based. Nigerians on the other hand buy and fully own, very few borrow from banks, it is sad that most Nigerians have no access to small scale loans other wise we won't even be having this convo.
Kenya borrows on international finance markets to fund major infrastructure projects. They can do so because of their credit ratings from S&P and other agencies. Government spending is virtually fully internally generated - Kenya revenue authority raises more than its counterpart. We are 1/4 your pop,40% of land mass in km2 but with more than the giant in terms of revenue raised. How??!

5 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MtuMsuper: 12:11pm On Oct 10, 2016
lennymutai:
the guy is pavore9.
yes, thanks
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 12:11pm On Oct 10, 2016
naijalander:

For the gazillionth time, no one wants to dominate you, we just do our thing.

For the zillionth time stop contradicting yourself. You can simply apologize for your earlier assertions if you wish to have a change of mind and we'll be fine.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 12:15pm On Oct 10, 2016
naijalander:

Now you are just begging to be insulted.

Nigeria's army has the most versatile land force there is in the sub sahara, with conflict experience as far as South Sudan helping the UN during the Darfur crisis. Ended 2 civil wars (Sierra Leone and Liberia), Angola Civil War experience too.

Honestly you are not arguing any more, you are just hating.

Kenya took part in all those wars you mentioned. (a cousin of mine is actual a Sierra Leone war veteran). I wonder how on earth things that countries as poor and tiny as Burundi do all the time makes you think Nigeria is King when you do them. If you've been in Kenya long enough perhaps you've heard of the saying "Maji ya kifuu bahari ya chungu" - a pebble of water is an ocean to an ant. The things you seem to find great are so ordinary to the rest of us.

5 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 12:17pm On Oct 10, 2016
naijalander:

Now you know the bank accounts of all Kenyans? Ignorance can be forgiven but when it's coupled with a know it all attitude and generalizations then it's a pity

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MtuMsuper: 12:24pm On Oct 10, 2016
culled from the global innovation index latest edition :

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by KwachImani(f): 1:28pm On Oct 10, 2016
Muafrika2:

You have issues. I don't know what my people did to you in your brief stay here to make you so angry and hateful about people who don't know they have an enemy in you. Get a better neighbourhood next time. If you can still come back.

I won't even discuss Somalis with you.

So you keep saying.

So tell me about the possible explanation of this mass lack of self esteem by Kenyans on Twitter.

You sound like a good student of anthropology so I'll inform you about Kibera.

It's a pre colonial settlement of Nubians who fought for the British Government. The land, just a distance from the city center was their reward. TThey named it Kibra. The British government hhowever never gave the Nubians title to the land, or Kenyan Citizenship.

These two factors are the greatest hurdles that the Nubians landlords have faced in dealing with and developing the land. It also makes it difficult for the government to service. Langata and highrise used to be part of Kibera. You should know those places. They have been developed and serviced, by the government.

He is rightfully schooled, thank you!

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:01pm On Oct 10, 2016
naijalander:

Nigeria still exports.

ZTE a chinese company shut down a factory due to your epileptic power supply.
If the Chinese cannot manufacture in Nigeria,who can??
Innoson Motors, you mean the one that was busy axing workers this year due to forex scarcity
Eeerm. No. Exporting a dozen cars to Ghana does not make Innoson an 'exporter' .

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.