Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,589 members, 7,861,798 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:39 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (133) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6285240 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:16pm On Dec 05, 2016
And as long as anyone is Kenyan Citizen means they are Kenyan, dont try segregating people on race. Not cool yoh
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:18pm On Dec 05, 2016
Upper Hill Square | Upper Hill | 290m | 66 fl
This iconic and hitherto unparalleled development will be Nairobi’s iconic landmark and is poised to be one of the tallest towers in Africa. It comprises of 66 floors standing at a height of approximately 290 metres. The project is set on a 2.3 acre property and comprises of approximately 16,000 square meters of retail space,
356 residential apartments and approximately 16,000 square meters of commercial office space.
At the apex of the tower will be a viewing deck of 1,500 square meters and a Private Members Club.
Once complete it will be the second tallest building in Nairobi, probably Africa, the tallest being Hass Tower 1 which is under construction.
The red area from what i've seen on the renders is the plot which it will be developed on.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:43pm On Dec 05, 2016
Ngara City Project | Ngara | 40 fl |200m height, minimum
Housing Nairobi

Q: You have placed a bid with Nairobi County to redevelop three sites in Nairobi. What does the deal entail?

A: Nairobi has been grappling with the i[b]ssue of housing its ballooning population[/b]. There is no idle land in the city for development. However, the city sits on old estates within a walking distance of the CBD with a very low density. The county has been looking for partners in redeveloping these estates.

We bid for three sites, namely Old Ngara, New Ngara and Jevanjee estates. In New Ngara, we propose to erect high rise flats comprising 1,213 units, 926 units in Old Ngara and 1,672 units in Jeevanjee – all at a cost of Sh25 billion. However, these are proposals at this stage. If given the opportunity, we shall be sitting with all relevant partners and stakeholders to configure the final projects scope and details before implementation.

Q: The designs in your bid documents show that the redevelopment will consist of 40-storey residential apartments, or the tallest structures in East Africa. Why this height?

A: Well, this is the way to go in many parts of the world. Those who travel know that this is how people live in New York or Dubai. There is no reason why you cannot have your home on the 35th floor of a building. Remember too that land is a scarce commodity in the city. If we erect units similar in size to the current ones that will soon be demolished, we will not be solving the housing problem.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by iblawi(m): 12:47pm On Dec 05, 2016
LightYagami:
Ngara City Project | Ngara | 40 fl |200m height, minimum
Housing Nairobi

Q: You have placed a bid with Nairobi County to redevelop three sites in Nairobi. What does the deal entail?

A: Nairobi has been grappling with the i[b]ssue of housing its ballooning population[/b]. There is no idle land in the city for development. However, the city sits on old estates within a walking distance of the CBD with a very low density. The county has been looking for partners in redeveloping these estates.

We bid for three sites, namely Old Ngara, New Ngara and Jevanjee estates. In New Ngara, we propose to erect high rise flats comprising 1,213 units, 926 units in Old Ngara and 1,672 units in Jeevanjee – all at a cost of Sh25 billion. However, these are proposals at this stage. If given the opportunity, we shall be sitting with all relevant partners and stakeholders to configure the final projects scope and details before implementation.

Q: The designs in your bid documents show that the redevelopment will consist of 40-storey residential apartments, or the tallest structures in East Africa. Why this height?

A: Well, this is the way to go in many parts of the world. Those who travel know that this is how people live in New York or Dubai. There is no reason why you cannot have your home on the 35th floor of a building. Remember too that land is a scarce commodity in the city. If we erect units similar in size to the current ones that will soon be demolished, we will not be solving the housing problem.

Do you enjoying seeing proposed projects?

We have a lot of them too.

Others are thinking of developing most part of their country while Kenyans are still thinking of developing 696km2 Nairobi.

Don't worry UN and Africa development bank would build them for you.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by LeSudAfricaine: 12:54pm On Dec 05, 2016
darknetcom:
kenyans are a bunch of drug addicts and alcoholics...

btw..

whats the name of that plant that you people like to shew like monkeys??..
you are becoming desperate, it's funny to watch gringrin

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:59pm On Dec 05, 2016
88 Nairobi Tower | Upper Hill | 44 fl | 200m minimum,Proposed
Purely residential
88 Nairobi is an impressive 44-floor tower of elegance and sophistication. High above Upper Hill and the City Center, each apartment offers a breathtaking view of the pulsing Nairobi city and the far African horizons.
more here
https://web.facebook.com/lordshipafrica/?_rdr
http://88nairobi.com/

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2017: 1:00pm On Dec 05, 2016
What Nigerians are learning is that size is nothing. Big is nothing. Having all that Oil count for nothing. You've to be smart. You have to make it count and Nigeria giant right now is crawling. They can't make use of all that human resource (180m) and all the incredible natural gift of oil (billions of barrels) they've been blessed since 60s-70s. It shameful.

Look at Safaricom with 2/3 of Kenya telcom market share (equivalent of MTN South Africa - make that Nigeria grin)

It just has 24M subscribers but check it financials. Nearly 2B dollars worth of revenue (MTN Nigeria -last I checked was 2.5B from nearly 70M subscribers!11).

It set to make 700M usd profit before tax.

It set to be worth 10B USD -market cap.

Safaricom has less customers than Glo - 10-20m less - but you can't compare the value proposition and multiplier effect safaricom has on the economy.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Pavore9: 1:06pm On Dec 05, 2016
Born and raised in Lagos, work and live in Nairobi...this thread makes me laugh! ; cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:06pm On Dec 05, 2016
iblawi:

Do you enjoying seeing proposed projects?

We have a lot of them too.

Others are thinking of developing most part of their country while Kenyans are still thinking of developing 696km2 Nairobi.

Don't worry UN and Africa development bank would build them for you.

I am sure you have. But we are more serious with ours. I'm I not giving you links and locations where they are under construction, or mapped out. I am dealing with housing btw.
It is not like Nairobi is on Mars, it is in Kenya. Others are developing but I am sure 696km2 are hurting you,aernt they?? I like posting things you dont have
And if you dont mind, show us your proposed projects, the location mapped out and maybe links to their websites
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:10pm On Dec 05, 2016
Pavore9:
Born and raised in Lagos, work and live in Nairobi...this thread makes me laugh! ; cheesy cheesy cheesy

Laughter of joy... thats what I like seeing

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Pavore9: 1:13pm On Dec 05, 2016
LightYagami:

Laughter of joy... thats what I like seeing

Yes o , especially when am having spicy egusi soup and semolina as lunch in the cool Nairobi weather!

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:20pm On Dec 05, 2016
Pavore9:

Yes o , especially when am having spicy egusi soup and semolina as lunch in the cool Nairobi weather!

You should try our delicacies too,
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Henrydone: 1:21pm On Dec 05, 2016
Every thing about Kenya is Nairobi and Mombasa meanwhile Nigeria is developing lots of cities gringringrin

KASTINA

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Henrydone: 1:24pm On Dec 05, 2016
More kastina tongue

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kenyanstar: 1:24pm On Dec 05, 2016
Random- Kenya

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Henrydone: 1:30pm On Dec 05, 2016
KANO tongue

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kenyanstar: 1:30pm On Dec 05, 2016
Kenya Random

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Henrydone: 1:34pm On Dec 05, 2016
KADUNA wink

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Henrydone: 1:36pm On Dec 05, 2016
Kenyanstar:
Random- Kenya
Random-Nigeria kiss

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Pavore9: 1:37pm On Dec 05, 2016
LightYagami:

You should try our delicacies too,

I spread my menu. Yesterday it was mukimo (made sure l added a good measure of pili pili to mine) and a good gulp of muratina. cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:40pm On Dec 05, 2016
Pavore9:

I spread my menu. Yesterday it was mukimo (made sure l added a good measure of pili pili to mine) and a good gulp of muratina. cheesy grin cheesy

you should try busaa, i hear it is stronger than muratina
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Henrydone: 1:44pm On Dec 05, 2016
Kenyanstar:
Kenya Random
All those pic are not just from Nairobi but around one district of Nairobi if others are deceived,you don't deceive yourself grin grin grin grin

AKURE CITY

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Pavore9: 1:45pm On Dec 05, 2016
LightYagami:

you should try busaa, i hear it is stronger than muratina

I have a preference for muratina when l choose to drink anything local.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:54pm On Dec 05, 2016
Pavore9:

I have a preference for muratina when l choose to drink anything local.
would have joined you for a drink but I do not drink alcohol
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Pavore9: 2:00pm On Dec 05, 2016
LightYagami:

would have joined you for a drink but I do not drink alcohol
l take sparingly as l prefer blending my own fruit juices as fruits are cheap here.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kenyanstar: 2:18pm On Dec 05, 2016
Train stations-Kenya

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Henrydone: 2:27pm On Dec 05, 2016
CALABAR kiss

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Henrydone: 2:32pm On Dec 05, 2016
CALABAR AND NATURAL BEAUTY cheesy

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:43pm On Dec 05, 2016
And the pictures I have posted here are projects underway, or sites being prepared or stuff like that. @Ibawii,
I have not posted some, eg CPF Tower, which is proposed at 66flr to equal Hass' 300m which is under construction, they will probably add a meter or 2 to feel better than Hass
In Kenya, things are proposed and done my brother
Here is CPF, havent found real stuff online but I will then maybe post later. So I did not include it. It will be of mixed use including 252 housing units, dont know much so I wait and see
The one on the left.
There there is another one proposed to be built in Westlands, 72 floors up, will be taller then both Hass Tower 1 and CPF, havent confirmed it so I wont post that for now.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:44pm On Dec 05, 2016
Henrydone:
CALABAR AND NATURAL BEAUTY cheesy

Heard that Calabar is a nice city, from a friend. An online friend. Guess that is a friend too, he is from there
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Henrydone: 2:47pm On Dec 05, 2016
UYO CITY cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:48pm On Dec 05, 2016
Pavore9:
l take sparingly as l prefer blending my own fruit juices as fruits are cheap here.
Anything green is cheap here, enjoy your stay and feel at home

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (9933)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.