Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,921 members, 7,863,242 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 01:40 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (1467) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6289649 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1464) (1465) (1466) (1467) (1468) (1469) (1470) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:46pm On Sep 27, 2017
shervydman:

can u prove it?
Prove what? I've posted the two 2017 budgets. If you can't process that I can't help you, undecided
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:48pm On Sep 27, 2017
Muafrika2:

Prove what? I've posted the two 2017 budgets. If you can't process that I can't help you, undecided
u posted ur budget at 2.6t shillings, ours at 7.44t naira.....so, clarify ur post undecided
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:53pm On Sep 27, 2017
shervydman:

u posted ur budget at 2.6t shillings, ours at 7.44t naira.....so, clarify ur post undecided
I did.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:57pm On Sep 27, 2017
Muafrika2:
I did.
Lokoja is bigger than kenya. cool
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:59pm On Sep 27, 2017
Muafrika2:

I did.
shocked shocked
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:02pm On Sep 27, 2017
mtis:

dude am using ma phone an some words are just popping up..ya i know its build idiot
Shiii, kiss the truth. cool
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 5:02pm On Sep 27, 2017
shervydman:

who can be more dull than people using Wikipedia as a source?? undecided undecided
u guys are too dull, I swear..... I intentionally left d debate with muafrika2 when I saw her sources. wikipedia grin grin and articles. grin grin

take this and read......read to learn, not to argue. its a 2015 survey though.
Nigeria's access to clean drinkable water is 69%
Kenya's access to clean drinkable water is 63%....not bad
tongue
https://www.mapsofworld.com/thematic-maps/safe-drinking-water.htm

I don't do Wikipedia.....and articles grin grin grin
bunch of dimwits!

Thanks! You've proved my point-hold your jets,its simple and on the way. Lets compare our respective rainfall patterns. Like I said earlier most of Kenya is actually semi and true arid.

The arid and very arid areas constitute 65% of Kenya, and have an annual average rainfall of between 200 and 600mm and annual [/b]temperatures range from 23°C to 34°C. Semi-arid areas are higher (900 to 1800m), experience an average annual rainfall of 500 to 1000mm, and are slightly cooler.
https://journeysbydesign.com/destinations/kenya/when-to-go

Naij otoh is one of the rainiest parts of the world!
[b] Average rainfall along the coast varies from about 180 cm (70 in) in the west to about 430 cm (170 inch) in certain parts of the east. Inland, it decreases to around 130 cm (50 inch) over most of central Nigeria and only 50 cm (20 inch) in the extreme north.

https://weather-and-climate.com/average-monthly-Rainfall-Temperature-Sunshine-in-Nigeria

Only Assam,parts of Cameroon,Hawaai and the Solomon Islands get more rainfall. Srsly,we'd kill for half your regular rainfall! It shows in our sparse river systems. Compare with yours. One pic is the Benue,the other the Tana,our largest. And yet you're happy figures say you're a shade better than us regarding water accessibility?!
GTFOHWTBS! Its distressingly true-Africans are happy in their comfort zones,the prison of limited imagination and ambition and will thus never progress.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Danielnino00(m): 5:16pm On Sep 27, 2017
Nairaland anti spam bot no try at all grin grin .. I typed a lengthy article to educate one of the Masai g0ats here but got banned grin grin

Shaytun,I like the way u are giving it hard to them grin grin
Shervydman,forgiveness, samboso24,tobitobiwhy.. Well done grin grin

Greetings from Lasgidi grin

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:21pm On Sep 27, 2017
Danielnino00:
Nairaland anti spam bot no try at all grin grin .. I typed a lengthy article to educate one of the Masai g0ats here but got banned grin grin

Shaytun,I like the way u are giving it hard to them grin grin
Shervydman,forgiveness, samboso24,tobitobiwhy.. Well done grin grin

Greetings from Lasgidi grin
Maryland cool cool cool......my kaaba
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 5:22pm On Sep 27, 2017
shervydman:
@kikuyu1.... i'm posting this cos u said naija doesn't lead u in anything meaningful regarding economics.

Nigeria is a $500b+ economy with 180m+ people
Kenya is a $80b+ economy with 48m+ people.

i'll split it into two for u. (Nigeria in recession and before recession) and i'll compare the two in their respective years. grin grin

Nigeria's economy in 2015(no recession).
GDP=$496B
PER CAPITA=$2750.
GINI COEFFICIENT(inequality)=41%(average)
UNEMPLOYEMENT RATE= 7.1%
u can learn the rest at ur leisure time.
https://data.worldbank.org/country/nigeria

Kenya's economy 2015(no recession)
GDP=$78B
PER CAPITA=$1625
GINI COEFFICIENT(inequality)=45%
UNEMPLOYMENT RATE= 38%
u can still read to learn or counter me here.
https://data.worldbank.org/country/kenya.

Nigeria's economy in 2016 (recession)
GDP=$360B
PER CAPITA=$2000
GINI COEFFICIENT(inequality)= 41%
UNEMPLOYMENT RATE=13% (now 14%)
note:currency devaluation is one of the major difference in the GDP(monetary value)

Kenya's economy in 2016
GDP=$81B
PER CAPITA=$1700
GINI COEFFICIENT=45%
UNEMPLOYMENT RATE=40%
u can read to check other metrics not included here.

if u really have ur senses intact, u can do the maths by urself.
ur guys(not u) are the ones bringing out sources from their yansh. the funniest thing is that; when they bring out their ridiculous sources, they fail to show Kenya's predicament through the source undecided..... I laugh grin grin grin.
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/fields/2012.html
lest I forget......someone said Nigeria's annual budget is slightly above Kenya's undecided undecided undecided
u; kikuyu1 and gerald710 must be stupid for saying that angry angry
prior to recession, our budget was -1.6% of our GDP. Kenya's budget was -8.2% of ur GDP
presently, our budget is -2.1% of our GDP, urs is -7.8% .......U MUST ALL BE REALLY MAD!!!!!!

our record highest budget is 0.8% in 1996, ur record highest is 0.81% in 2000
our record lowest budget is -6.7% in 1990, ur record lowest budget is -8.2% in2015
https://tradingeconomics.com/nigeria/government-budget
https://tradingeconomics.com/kenya/government-budget
UR CURRENT ANNUAL BUDGET AT -7.8% IS EVEN LOWER THAN OUR LOWEST ANNUAL BUDGET IN 1996 AT -6.7%

if any of u wanna counter me, make sure u give me credible sources and not articles!!!
feel free to tell me its a cooked figure too.

Nigga,you don't need all these words! Post your budget figures next to ours. Yours
The lower house of legislature adopted the report by its House committee on appropriation and approved a total sum of ₦7. 44 trillion.
For 180 mn Naijjans. 1 $ is 350 naira so its roughly 20 bn$.
Read more: https://www.naij.com/1104198-breaking-national-assembly-passes-2017-budget.html#1104198
Ours:
Owing to the upcoming elections, the Cabinet Secretary for National Treasury, Mr Henry Rotich, presented Kenya’s budget of KES 2.6 Trillion on 30 March 2017.
For 45 mn Kenyans. 1 $ is 100 kshs so about 26 bn$.

Bonus question:which country spends almost 4 times per capita more on its citizens?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Danielnino00(m): 5:22pm On Sep 27, 2017
Bia,Forgiveness.... I've not been seeing your post on the super eagles thread for a while now... hope all is well ?? grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Danielnino00(m): 5:23pm On Sep 27, 2017
shervydman:
Maryland cool cool cool......my kaaba

Is that your hood??

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Danielnino00(m): 5:26pm On Sep 27, 2017
kikuyu1:

Nigga,you don't need all these words! Post your budget figures next to ours. Yours For 180 mn Naijjans. 1 $ is 350 naira so its roughly 20 bn$.
Read more: https://www.naij.com/1104198-breaking-national-assembly-passes-2017-budget.html#1104198
Ours: For 45 mn Kenyans. 1 $ is 100 kshs so about 26 bn$.

Bonus question:which country spends almost 4 times per capita more on its citizens?

I'm curious about something tho.. If your budget is so much more than ours and its being implemented (according to some of ur folks here,your budget is being well implemented unlike ours), how come your country's economy isn't bigger than that of Lagos..

I mean for a country to spend so much, there must be positive results.. and the result mostly reflects in the economy.

Don't talk about the population difference pls. grin we all know Kenya population is twice that of Lagos and Lagos doesn't have oil grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 5:28pm On Sep 27, 2017
Shaytun:

gringringrin

Move along Nigerian women! Kenya women are ready to take the very men you call scum off you.
In a very enlightening post that surfaced online, a Kenyan woman has listed the reasons Nairobi women admire Nigerian men and they are quite interesting!

According to Cate Mukei, Nairobi women love Nigerian men so much that they would walk through Sahara desert without water and food just to get one.

“Some even go to an extent of praying about on to their pastors or signing up to online platforms where they hope to find ogas. Naija brodas on the other hand seem to have mastered some of the weird reasons why our women love them and have perfected them.

Below are some of the reasons Nairobi women admire Naija brodas:

1. Visa holders

Mogaka you can keep your Nyamira Express bus ticket we are flying to Lagos. Kenyan women naturally love visa holders. In fact they love anybody who was born beyond Eastern Africa. This is a free ticket to flying out of their country, taking selfies and filling our social media timelines in the name of having traveled ‘abroad’.

2. Hyped lies

Ironically most ladies actually know when Olamide is lying but they still choose to stick with him. they probably hope that one day his lies will translate to all those riches and travel plans he has been talking about.

3. Flashy

Chinedu owns a suit imported from Giorgio Armani headquarters in Italy although he lives in a Sh.15000 servants Quarter in Lavington. But who really cares about his two sufurias when he can show up in a chopper in your village. Omusakhulu on the other hand only owns one three buttoned oversize suit.

4. Talking big

Ikwechuku will promise you heaven and earth but hardly delivers and the ladies know it too. However, there is always that urge to hold on hoping that one day he will keep his word. Then again he is much better than Kamau who doesn’t even talk about prospects of buying a bicycle.

5. Some are loaded

Not every Nigerian man is a poser. Some of them actually have real jobs, real money and outlined ambitions. Who would choose a broke Kenyan man over a loaded Naija broda?

6. Carrot and stick tactics

Naija men can really treat a lady when they have the money but if you are planning to get on a long term plan with Obiajulu just be sure that you will pay for it at some point. A Nigerian man can pay your rent for a whole year but he will expect you to hold forte when things are thick.

7. Promise to take them to Nigeria

If the furthest a woman has traveled in her lifetime is Mombasa, to finally set foot in Lagos, a city she has been watching on Naija movies is a dream come true. Flying out to visit in-laws in Port Harcourt is gisty compared to taking a matatu to Gaichanjiru.

8. They have time

Time automatically translates to attention and that’s why they will notice that your tiny toe finger polish has chipped off. They are the same men who accompany their women to salons and wait for them to get their Peruvian weaves attached on their otherwise scanty natural hair. A Kenyan man doesn’t even know his wife’s best friend because he is rarely with her and when he is he automatically switches off because his woman is a nag.

9. Random gifts

A Naija broda can buy you a Range Rover mid January. Although you might have to sell it some time in future for survival purposes, you must admit that he actually tried.A Kenyan man will only get you a gift when they cheat on you.

10. Bravado

These are the same men who can fly to Europe without a shilling and still survive without being arrested. Women love the dash of danger which makes them imagine how adventurous they can get in bed. Kenyan men on the other hand can’t even go to shopping malls anymore because they are afraid of Alshabaab.

BOOOOOO!! Repost!

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:32pm On Sep 27, 2017
Maiduguri is safer than kenya. I heard kenyans rape men. cool
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:45pm On Sep 27, 2017
Muafrika2 and mtis are gays. cool
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:50pm On Sep 27, 2017
TobiTobiTobiWhy:
Muafrika2 and mtis are gays. cool
WE love you anyway, despite the fact that you're going bananas grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:53pm On Sep 27, 2017
Muafrika2:

shiii, Lagos is better than kenya including your village. Kiss the truth. cool
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Shaytun: 5:56pm On Sep 27, 2017
Danielnino00:

I'm curious about something tho.. If your budget is so much more than ours and its being implemented (according to some of ur folks here,your budget is being well implemented unlike ours), how come your country's economy isn't bigger than that of Lagos..

I mean for a country to spend so much, there must be positive results.. and the result mostly reflects in the economy.

Don't talk about the population difference pls. grin we all know Kenya population is twice that of Lagos and Lagos doesn't have oil grin

Nothing man no go hear for intetnetgringrin

Kenya budget bigger than nigeria? A joke right.

Nigeria operates a federal government while that of kenya is unitary.

So kikuyu...the figure you gave was for the federal budget.

For 2013

http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/stats/Economy/Budget/Revenues
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Shaytun: 6:07pm On Sep 27, 2017
TobiTobiTobiWhy:
Half of Nairobi is zoo, what a city cool

Scratch that.

We all know the whole of kenya is a zoo.grin

The kenyans here confirmed it.

Natgeowild also confirmed it.

gringrin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 6:08pm On Sep 27, 2017
TobiTobiTobiWhy:
Oshodi is better than Nairobi cool
even oshodi that is not among the most beautiful places is wearing a new look,with the world class oshodi transport inter change
Every part in Lagos is developed with bridges, highways, bus lanes , etc
Lagos is just modernizing its inner cities and renewing it.
Every where you go to,you see bridges, which shows its developed
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:19pm On Sep 27, 2017
kikuyu1:

Nigga,you don't need all these words! Post your budget figures next to ours. Yours For 180 mn Naijjans. 1 $ is 350 naira so its roughly 20 bn$.
Ours: For 45 mn Kenyans. 1 $ is 100 kshs so about 26 bn$.

see this guy... grin grin grin. when did u graduate out of school?(sorry for asking)
u don't determine the annual budget of a country by monetary value but by % of previous year GDP!!!

WHEN UR ECONOMICS TEACHER WAS TEACHING YOU THAT.....WHERE WERE YOU??
where on earth do u compare ur annual budget with another country's annual budget through monetary value??

with this your postulation......your annual budget should be undecided undecided undecided to Japan's budget too cos $1=112yen. grin grin
ur annual budet should be more than Indonesia's own too cos $1=13,424 rupiah. grin grin. mumu

get this into ur brain....ANNUAL BUDGET IS COMPARED BY % OF GDP AND NOT MONETARY VALUE
get some knowledge before portraying ur ignorance for the whole world to see. mumu grin

GDP is CONSTANT and MONETARY VALUE VARRIES!!

i'm coming back to answer u on the water stuff.....i'm at work, that one will be detailed.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 6:20pm On Sep 27, 2017
its intelligence by past leaders in Lagos that made Lagos richer than almost every countries in Africa.
Lagos IGR was very low before, but when tinubu look inwards and turned against Federal allocations,he started developing Lagos infrastructure, building bridges,constructing roads.
This lead to people coming into Lagos to do business, to Explore its development etc
Have your not heard that if Lagos sinks,the entire African continent also sinks.
Lagos IGR still increased during recession. Lagos is getting investments from abroad because of its infrastructure, its population, its enabling policies.
Why is it that,with Lagos that is still not having stable power, foreign direct investments keeps on coming
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:21pm On Sep 27, 2017
Muafrika2:

I heard kenyans are the last remaining species of the Homo Habilis family. They are yet to be called Homo Sapiens. cool
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:23pm On Sep 27, 2017
Shaytun:

Scratch that.
We all know the whole of kenya is a zoo.grin

The kenyans here confirmed it.
Natgeowild also confirmed it.
gringrin
Bro, this guys no wan get brain. Nairobi ko, Nairosh.it ni. >smiley
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Shaytun: 6:23pm On Sep 27, 2017
samsobo24:
even oshodi that is not among the most beautiful places is wearing a new look,with the world class oshodi transport inter change

Oshodi loun loun.gringrin

I will rather stay in calabar.

Than waking up in kenyan everyday seeing them ugly ass Kenyans everywhere.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:27pm On Sep 27, 2017
samsobo24:
Very soon Makoko will compete with Nairobi. cool
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:29pm On Sep 27, 2017
Danielnino00:

o boy.....u dey mind them. its like the guy is high on something. how can a country of $80b economy have an annual budget closer to ours.
i'll teach them more than their economics teacher ever did. grin

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 6:43pm On Sep 27, 2017
calabar,is this not it,calabar is too beautiful

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 6:51pm On Sep 27, 2017
we even take care of our west African brothers,that's the main reason why we setup ECOWAS
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:55pm On Sep 27, 2017
Alshaaba must conquer kenya, insha Allah. cool
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:58pm On Sep 27, 2017
forgiveness:

Just this morning while she(the foreigner who lived in Kenya) was giving a lecture to 200 youths, she confirmed that Nigeria buses are better than Nairobi's refurbished buses. grin

No way, when danfos grow up they wonna be like this cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1464) (1465) (1466) (1467) (1468) (1469) (1470) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.