Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,119 members, 7,860,036 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:15 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (1681) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6280932 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1678) (1679) (1680) (1681) (1682) (1683) (1684) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:49pm On Mar 26, 2018
Muafrika2:

Is this your way of saying that your open hunting has no negative effect on the rest of Africa's conservation efforts? undecided
Open hunting?? what is open hunting?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:02pm On Mar 26, 2018
Muafrika2:

Please, face me with your facts

... without getting unnecessarily worked up if you can,
I gave you the facts mate, however simply coping SAs hunting policies will not work in Kenya, we already have a huge game breeding/hunting industry unlike Kenya.........Hunting regulations would need to be much more stringent to start with and gradually decreasing stringency as the population grows(which it will if your Government properly promotes and regulates sustainable hunting policies).
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 5:10pm On Mar 26, 2018
Muafrika2:

We covered that almost a year ago with all moral and socioeconomic arguments: https://www.nairaland.com/3327789/kenya-ahead-nigeria-all-aspect/1224#57833478

I don't feel like repeating any arguments-its not complicated.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:13pm On Mar 26, 2018
Jay254:

You must be on your p's, you are really shitting left right and Centre.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:21pm On Mar 26, 2018
jln115:

To early to call but the international community has responded positively to Ramaphosa's presidency!!

Just FYI Ramaphosa is huge the in Game and hunting industry and has literally invested millions(and Made millions) in the Game breeding market!

Great, after checking the facts I think your model works better, way better!. Is there more game in private ranches than in the wild in SA? (If that makes sense).
Hope our leaders can do a study of your system and do something. Legalizing hunting in Kenya hugely unpopular, it ranks up there with legalizing homosexuality. Most Kenyans (including myself before this thread) view it as psychotic white men shooting animals indiscriminately for fun.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:23pm On Mar 26, 2018
jln115:

As i said before, it depends if you can get a permit......would be very difficult to get a permit for a (White) Rhino now, considering the numbers that are being poached but certainly not impossible.

Fortunately besides our White Rhino population, our game population has been(and still is) growing at a rapid rate, thus you can pretty much hunt anything you want, Only Wild Dog and Black Rhino(that i know of) are specially protected and are illegal to hunt.

What happens to animals like hyenas, do you also eat them?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:26pm On Mar 26, 2018
uzzolik:

ok what about this

What should I see sir? I can see a king on the extreme right standing.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:36pm On Mar 26, 2018
Winner of the Kenya Open Golf Championship (Italian) and some more photos from the closing day the European Tour curtain raiser.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:40pm On Mar 26, 2018

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:44pm On Mar 26, 2018

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 8:20pm On Mar 26, 2018
Muafrika2:

You should have learned to ignore fools, especially Tanzanian ones.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by nwoke37: 11:49pm On Mar 26, 2018
CNN interviews Bill Gates concerning Nigeria
https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/26/africa/bill-gates-nigeria-buhari-intl/index.html

Men.. if you look at that video, you will weep. Nigeria looks worse than Somalia there... cry cry

Sometimes, I'm ashamed to be called a Nigerian. When will we get things right..

.... No words cry cry cry
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:53am On Mar 27, 2018
Nigeria Mobile Payments Still Hugely Untapped

Data from a new report series from the NBS, produced in collaboration with the CBN, reveal that 462 million transactions valued at N29trn were recorded on electronic payment channels in Q4 2017.

As expected, ATM transactions dominated with a volume of 240 million. Internet subscriptions directly correlated with electronic transactions stood at 98 million in December 2017, according to the Nigerian Communications Commission. This translates into a penetration of 53%.

Based on data from the Nigeria Inter-bank Settlement System (NIBSS), total active bank accounts as at February 2017 stood at 67 million, pointing to 36% exposure (of the country’s population) to electronic payment transactions. Financial inclusion is still far from its optimal level.

The volume of point-of-sale (PoS) transactions shows the impact of the cashless policy on the economy. The NBS data show that 47 million PoS transactions were recorded in Q4 2017, representing increases of 20% q/q and 113% y/y.

Meanwhile, mobile payments recorded 12 million transactions valued at N307bn (US$1bn) in Q4. The value of transactions grew by just 30% y/y and accounted for only 1.1% of total electronic transactions.

Mobile banking remains hugely untapped. Indeed, better synergy between telecommunication operators and banks would boost e-transactions. Kenya is the leader in this field through M-Pesa and other platforms. Ghana is worth a mention, too: its central bank has reported total mobile transactions in 2017 (12 months) of GHS156bn (US$35.9bn), compared with KES4.6trn (US$45.3bn) for the 12 months to June 2017.

https://brandspurng.com/nigeria-mobile-payments-still-hugely-untapped/

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:59am On Mar 27, 2018
Two Nigerian cities has been named among the world’s worst cities to live in 2018.

Mercer’s 20th annual Quality of Living survey compared 231 major metropolises, examining factors such as crime, healthcare, education, public services, recreation, housing and personal freedom.

According to this years ranking, Bangui, Central African Republic (230) been the lowest ranking African city for quality of living is the worst city to live in Africa. followed by Khartoum, sudan (227), N’Djamena Chad (226), Brazzaville Congo (224) and Kinshasa Democratic Republic of the Congo (223).

Persistent political instability, poverty, extreme climates and lack of appropriate infrastructure investments means the cities above have the lowest quality of living worldwide.

Two Nigeria cities Abuja (213) and Lagos (212) Also made it into the top 20 worst cities to live in Africa.

Abuja, Nigeria’s Federal Capital was ranked 213 out of 231 countries making it the 13th worst city to live in Africa, while Lagos was ranked 212, making it the 14th worst city to live in Africa..

Below are The top 15 worst cities to live in Africa 2018. From least worst (15) to worst (1)

15. Harare, Zimbabwe
14. Lagos, Nigeria
13. Abuja, Nigeria
12. Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
11. Antananarivo, Madagascar
10. Tripoli, Libya
9. Niamey, Niger
8. Bamako, Mali
7. Nouakchott, Mauritania
6. Conakry, Guinea Republic
5. Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo
4. Brazzaville, Congo
3. N’Djamena Chad
2. Khartoum Sudan
1. Bangui Central African Republic

https://listwand.com/2018/03/two-nigerian-cities-named-among-the-worst-cities-to-live-in-africa-2018/

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:57am On Mar 27, 2018
TayserMahiri:
Winner of the Kenya Open Golf Championship (Italian) and some more photos from the closing day the European Tour curtain raiser.
Nice ..Kenya Open may join the European Tour very soon..

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 8:59am On Mar 27, 2018
sufferNsmiling:
Two Nigerian cities has been named among the world’s worst cities to live in 2018.

Mercer’s 20th annual Quality of Living survey compared 231 major metropolises, examining factors such as crime, healthcare, education, public services, recreation, housing and personal freedom.

According to this years ranking, Bangui, Central African Republic (230) been the lowest ranking African city for quality of living is the worst city to live in Africa. followed by Khartoum, sudan (227), N’Djamena Chad (226), Brazzaville Congo (224) and Kinshasa Democratic Republic of the Congo (223).

Persistent political instability, poverty, extreme climates and lack of appropriate infrastructure investments means the cities above have the lowest quality of living worldwide.

Two Nigeria cities Abuja (213) and Lagos (212) Also made it into the top 20 worst cities to live in Africa.

Abuja, Nigeria’s Federal Capital was ranked 213 out of 231 countries making it the 13th worst city to live in Africa, while Lagos was ranked 212, making it the 14th worst city to live in Africa..

Below are The top 15 worst cities to live in Africa 2018. From least worst (15) to worst (1)

15. Harare, Zimbabwe
14. Lagos, Nigeria
13. Abuja, Nigeria
12. Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
11. Antananarivo, Madagascar
10. Tripoli, Libya
9. Niamey, Niger
8. Bamako, Mali
7. Nouakchott, Mauritania
6. Conakry, Guinea Republic
5. Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo
4. Brazzaville, Congo
3. N’Djamena Chad
2. Khartoum Sudan
1. Bangui Central African Republic

https://listwand.com/2018/03/two-nigerian-cities-named-among-the-worst-cities-to-live-in-africa-2018/
Some of these reports while true, are just meant to continually show Africa in a bad light and it's a shame that we fall for them all the time.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:01am On Mar 27, 2018
sufferNsmiling:

Data from a new report series from the NBS, produced in collaboration with the CBN, reveal that 462 million transactions valued at N29trn were recorded on electronic payment channels in Q4 2017.

As expected, ATM transactions dominated with a volume of 240 million. Internet subscriptions directly correlated with electronic transactions stood at 98 million in December 2017, according to the Nigerian Communications Commission. This translates into a penetration of 53%.

Based on data from the Nigeria Inter-bank Settlement System (NIBSS), total active bank accounts as at February 2017 stood at 67 million, pointing to 36% exposure (of the country’s population) to electronic payment transactions. Financial inclusion is still far from its optimal level.

The volume of point-of-sale (PoS) transactions shows the impact of the cashless policy on the economy. The NBS data show that 47 million PoS transactions were recorded in Q4 2017, representing increases of 20% q/q and 113% y/y.

Meanwhile, mobile payments recorded 12 million transactions valued at N307bn (US$1bn) in Q4. The value of transactions grew by just 30% y/y and accounted for only 1.1% of total electronic transactions.

Mobile banking remains hugely untapped. Indeed, better synergy between telecommunication operators and banks would boost e-transactions. Kenya is the leader in this field through M-Pesa and other platforms. Ghana is worth a mention, too: its central bank has reported total mobile transactions in 2017 (12 months) of GHS156bn (US$35.9bn), compared with KES4.6trn (US$45.3bn) for the 12 months to June 2017.

You guys should tap on mobile thingy…Safaricom Mpesa cumulatively supports close to 1million jobs either directly or in directly
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:04am On Mar 27, 2018
Daejoyoung:

Some of these reports while true, are just meant to continually show Africa in a bad light and it's a shame that we fall for them all the time.
I might also add that its really really bad to have your top cities on the list. Personally i thought Abuja was different but I guess numbers don’t lie cheesy
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 9:10am On Mar 27, 2018
mtis:

I might also add that its really really bad to have your top cities on the list. Personally i thought Abuja was different but I guess numbers don’t lie cheesy
lt depends on their ranking criteria, electricity and maybe pipeborne water as some key determinants.
l don't take these statistics seriously, because some of those who do the ranking do very little research from what l see on their explanation for such rankings. For example, the last time Lagos was ranked 3rd worst city to live in the world, BokoHaram was given as an example of a major insecurity problem in Lagos.
Also even friends from Nigeria who have been to Mumbai for instance, do not rate the Indian city, and would say they prefer Nigeria, but tell me do you see Mumbai on this list of the worst 20?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 9:22am On Mar 27, 2018
sufferNsmiling:

that's an abysmal performance from Nigeria
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:43am On Mar 27, 2018
Jeff an his wife looking nice there at Dangote's daughter wedding..Guys we are friends..We attend your weddings an you attend ours an life goes on....Oh by the way Jeff is the guy wearing the black thingy grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:45pm On Mar 27, 2018
TayserMahiri:

Great, after checking the facts I think your model works better, way better!. Is there more game in private ranches than in the wild in SA? (If that makes sense).
Hope our leaders can do a study of your system and do something. Legalizing hunting in Kenya hugely unpopular, it ranks up there with legalizing homosexuality. Most Kenyans (including myself before this thread) view it as psychotic white men shooting animals indiscriminately for fun.
- Well..... to be honest, there is no wild in SA, if i gather correctly what you are trying to say.....all game parks including National parks are fenced, they are basically just state owned ranches/farms. But yes about 70% of our game population is privately owned.

- Well your view is actually half right, most foreigners just come here to shoot and take home a few trophies, they don't care about the meat, where as us locals hunt for meat......there is also a different price list for local vs foreign clients, simply because we are not willing to pay 100 times more for meat that we could've gotten at the supermarket. But that doesn't mean we are not trophy hunters as well, If a Rowland Ward Impala lines up with the sight on my bow i will shoot it....only difference is i can enjoy my biltong as well as my trophy.

Lastly the sad part of this world is that those psychotic white(and Black) men that literally shoot indiscriminately just for fun contribute more to conservation than 99% of those the condemn(sometimes rightfully) them.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:52pm On Mar 27, 2018
TayserMahiri:

What happens to animals like hyenas, do you also eat them?
I definitely don't eat Hyena so im not going to pay to hunt one, however if they need to be culled then i will shoot the necessary amount(If i don't have to pay).

But to be honest most farmers don't need to cull their Hyenas since Yanks are more than happy to pay thousands of dollars to hunt them were as locals will flat out refuse to hunt a hyena if it means we need to pay for it, same goes for baboon and jackal.

Pic related

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:25pm On Mar 27, 2018
who has heard about gracefiled island lagos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM8QVxBYznA
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:28pm On Mar 27, 2018
gracefield island

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:39pm On Mar 27, 2018
gracefield

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:43pm On Mar 27, 2018
who has heard about diamond island? i wonder what lagos would look like in the next 10-20 years

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:45pm On Mar 27, 2018
The Lagos State Government on Monday said it had approved the development of three islands in the state, which are Diamond, Orange and Gracefield Phoenix Projects.
http://thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2016/05/lagos-creates-3-artificial-islands-fights-ocean-surge/

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:50pm On Mar 27, 2018
gracefield

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:52pm On Mar 27, 2018
periwinkle estate

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:54pm On Mar 27, 2018
periwinkle

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:55pm On Mar 27, 2018
The Islands are definitely looking good, but I wonder why they have to be built on sand in the oceans. Am pretty sure there is more safer land up North undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (1678) (1679) (1680) (1681) (1682) (1683) (1684) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.