Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,453 members, 7,853,984 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 08:57 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (1732) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6273769 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1729) (1730) (1731) (1732) (1733) (1734) (1735) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by CSTR1003: 4:57pm On Apr 27, 2018
rvp20182:
Everything is starting to make sense now. Their cooking is audacious though. Anyway that is Nigerian we all know. As regard to kenya - I can easily give a quick ran through of where all 85-88B (WB-IMF) is coming from. Our agriculture is around 25% of 85B-- around 21B dollars. Dairy alone is like 5% of our GDP - we finally have kicked South Africa butt on that!!! - and are exporting to east, south & central africa - middle east and Asia. That about 4-5B dollars or more - for dairy with around 5B liters of milk - tea around 1.5-2b dollars (global leaders( - horticulture I think is now 2-3B dollars(global leaders). Coffee around 500Musd. That is already more than 10B dollars...and those are stuff that are verifiable because they are mostly exported..then add internally consumed sugar,maize, potatos, cattle production, rice, wheat...fishing..forestry..and you get the next 10B. We can go to each sector..and show these nigerians that you don't count BEANS,PEANUTS and COWPEAS - and call it GDP.
A Kenyan talking about GDP, really?

Give me your best 10 multi national companies.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 5:00pm On Apr 27, 2018
Feeling the heat smiley from a dwarf. The sooner Nigerian wake up from the grand delusion - the better for your country. You can of course get to where Kenya is by being brutally honesty with yourself and admitting you're no better than Niger or Chad or Somalia or Eritrea. That to me is the start.
CSTR1003:
Why is this thread still existing?

The title in itself is a lie.

Is there anything in Kenya that Nigeria cannot replicate in a hundred fold?

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 5:01pm On Apr 27, 2018
One minute you want the thread closed - the next you want a list. Decide what you want. And then try google first - the list is very long - and Kenya multinational dominate East Africa - extend to Congo and part of Southern Africa.
Kenya Airways, KCB bank, Equity Bank, Nation Media Group, East Africa Breweries, Kenol-Kobil, Hass bla bla bla
CSTR1003:

A Kenyan talking about GDP, really?

Give me your best 10 multi national companies.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by CSTR1003: 5:01pm On Apr 27, 2018
Dangote alone has more presence in terms of monetary assets in east and southern Africa than all Kenyan investments combined .
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by CSTR1003: 5:03pm On Apr 27, 2018
rvp20182:
One minute you want the thread closed - the next you want a list. Decide what you want. And then try google first.
I don't come here. I am just surprised to see the thread is still functioning with such an erroneous title, so I am hoping to shut it down very quickly.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jason14: 5:05pm On Apr 27, 2018
rvp20182:
Everything is starting to make sense now. Their cooking is audacious though. Anyway that is Nigerian we all know. As regard to kenya - I can easily give a quick ran through of where all 85-88B (WB-IMF) is coming from. Our agriculture is around 25% of 85B-- around 21B dollars. Dairy alone is like 5% of our GDP - we finally have kicked South Africa butt on that!!! - and are exporting to east, south & central africa - middle east and Asia. That about 4-5B dollars or more - for dairy with around 5B liters of milk - tea around 1.5-2b dollars (global leaders( - horticulture I think is now 2-3B dollars(global leaders). Coffee around 500Musd. That is already more than 10B dollars...and those are stuff that are verifiable because they are mostly exported..then add internally consumed sugar,maize, potatos, cattle production, rice, wheat...fishing..forestry..and you get the next 10B. We can go to each sector..and show these nigerians that you don't count BEANS,PEANUTS and COWPEAS - and call it GDP.
and yet ur GDP is 70bn. I can't take this country seriously , its like a child thats throwing tantrums . I min wetin we wan use 70bn do
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 5:06pm On Apr 27, 2018
Here goes Dangote. Then GDP. We know the drill. Btw Dangote Cement - Nigeria biggest company - is valued at 14B - despite all investments in those countries - Kenya's SAFARICOM is now valued at 12B - and it not invested outside our borders.

2018 - Dangote Cement has a free float in Lagos of 14.9 percent and a market valuation of $12.3 billion.
2018 - Safaricom hits 1.2trillion kshs ($12b dollars)

Therefore your biggest company (Dangote Cement) is equal to our biggest company(SAFARICOM).

Next

CSTR1003:
Dangote alone has more presence in terms of monetary assets in east and southern Africa than all Kenyan investments combined .
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by CSTR1003: 5:06pm On Apr 27, 2018
We always hear about Nigerian businessmen and captains of industries storming East Africa to invest at the invitation of the governments there .

When are we going to get a Kenyan company strong enough to penetrate Nigeria?

GDP does not fall from the sky it comes from strong businesses.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jason14: 5:07pm On Apr 27, 2018
CSTR1003:
Why is this thread still existing?

The title in itself is a lie.

Is there anything in Kenya that Nigeria cannot replicate in a hundred fold?
my brother I tire o
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by nwoke37: 5:08pm On Apr 27, 2018
rvp20182:
Here goes Dangote. Then GDP. We know the drill. Btw Dangote Cement - Nigeria biggest company - is valued at 14B - despite all investments in those countries - Kenya's SAFARICOM is now valued at 12B - and it not invested outside our borders.
Dangote is using 12 billion dollars to build a refinery in Lagos
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jason14: 5:09pm On Apr 27, 2018
rvp20182:
Feeling the heat smiley from a dwarf. The sooner Nigerian wake up from the grand delusion - the better for your country. You can of course get to where Kenya is by being brutally honesty with yourself and admitting you're no better than Niger or Chad or Somalia or Eritrea. That to me is the start.
loooolll will that make u sleep at night, ok we will admit lol
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 5:10pm On Apr 27, 2018
Most of Dangote's investment is debt - nothing wrong with that - But as of now Dangote is valued at same level as our biggest company...both valued at 12B dollars. SAFARICOM is also investing alot annually - and mostly from cash reserves.
And it's now top 4 brand in Africa --just below MTN & Big south African companies-- Dangote is now 7/8 with Glo.
https://www.capitalfm.co.ke/business/2017/03/mpesa-propels-safaricom-to-the-4th-most-valued-brand-in-africa/
nwoke37:

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jason14: 5:12pm On Apr 27, 2018
CSTR1003:

I don't come here. I am just surprised to see the thread is still functioning with such an erroneous title, so I am hoping to shut it down very quickly.
asin ehn! the title of the thread is so absurd. its just an insult chai
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by CSTR1003: 5:12pm On Apr 27, 2018
rvp20182:
Dangote is not our only biggest investor in the eastern African Market. I just gave that as an example.

We have other multinationals investing there too and buying off other smaller businesses especially in Banking sector .

So your safaricom is not as valued as Globacom - Nigeria's private Telecom company.

BTW, do you say you are not interested in investing Outside? lol.

That must be the joke of the century.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 5:14pm On Apr 27, 2018
You have Dangote and Banks - and that is about it - when you fly out of Nigeria - you'll be flying with Kenya Airways - start from there - and realize Kenyan companies have been the major source of FDI to Eastern Africa countries for 20 yrs now. The number of kenya multinationals that have invested regionally - all the way to South Africa - Zim - Malawi - Congo - Rwanda- TZ- Uganda - South Sudan and even Ethiopia are so many.

Serioulsy we've been through these nonsense of yours smiley just read this thread backward.

It just 1) Dangote 2) Banks 3) Dangote 4) Banks - and then list of 4 billionaires.

CSTR1003:

Dangote is not our only biggest investor in the eastern African Market. I just gave that as an example.

We have other multinationals investing there too and buying off other smaller businesses especially in Banking sector .

So your safaricom is not as valued as Globacom - Nigeria's private Telecom company.

BTW, do you say you are not interested in investing Outside? lol.

That must be the joke of the century.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jason14: 5:15pm On Apr 27, 2018
CSTR1003:
We always hear about Nigerian businessmen and captains of industries storming East Africa to invest at the invitation of the governments there .

When are we going to get a Kenyan company strong enough to penetrate Nigeria?

GDP does not fall from the sky it comes from strong businesses.
no its "cooked " lol
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jason14: 5:16pm On Apr 27, 2018
nwoke37:

lol he is using their company to build refinery
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by CSTR1003: 5:16pm On Apr 27, 2018
rvp20182:
Most of Dangote's investment is debt - nothing wrong with that - But as of now Dangote is valued at same level as our biggest company. SAFARICOM is also investing alot annually - and mostly from cash reserves.
And it's now top 4 brand in Africa --just below MTN & Big south African companies-- Dangote is now 7/8 with Glo.
https://www.capitalfm.co.ke/business/2017/03/mpesa-propels-safaricom-to-the-4th-most-valued-brand-in-africa/
Does this guy know about economics and business. ?

Dangote will buy safaricom or whatever. Don't insult him again.

A top 4 brand that has no presence in west Africa and Africa's largest market? You must be incredibly high.

I am sure you have heard of UBA, Zenith, first Bank, GTB. Those are brands with a wide reach everywhere in Africa.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 5:18pm On Apr 27, 2018
Buy Safaricom by selling Dangote Cement. That make sense. Safaricom is global brand that gave the world M-PESA. Stop dreaming about west africa - and realize M-pesa is operational all the way including Europe & Asia. That is why Safaricom despite having operation in Kenya is now 12B - I need to check the latest price - but I bet it's overtaken DANGOTE grin. Foreign investors are driving the price crazy.

Your banks grew out of a force merge - and they are now in CRISIS again - and soon 1-2yrs - 3 kenyan banks will overtake them - and 3yrs - Zenith will be nowhere in top 10.

We have 3 banks now in global top 1000 - 2 in Africa top 25 - and Nigeria has 5.

CSTR1003:

Does this guy know about economics and business. ?

Dangote will buy safaricom or whatever. Don't insult him again.

A top 4 brand that has no presence in west Africa and Africa's largest market? You must be incredibly high.

I am sure you have heard of UBA, Zenith, first Bank, GTB. Those are brands with a wide reach everywhere in Africa.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by CSTR1003: 5:20pm On Apr 27, 2018
rvp20182:
You have Dangote and Banks - and that is about it - when you fly out of Nigeria - you'll be flying with Kenya Airways - start from there - and realize Kenyan companies have been the major source of FDI to Eastern Africa countries for 20 yrs now. The number of kenya multinationals that have invested regionally - all the way to South Africa - Zim - Malawi - Congo - Rwanda- TZ- Uganda - South Sudan and even Ethiopia are so many.

Serioulsy we've been through these nonsense of yours smiley just read this thread backward.

It just 1) Dangote 2) Banks 3) Dangote 4) Banks - and then list of 4 billionaires.

Kenyan airways is nice and good, but it is not enough to bridge the humongous gap between Kenyan and Nigeria .

Nigeria too already dominates west and central Africa with our products and investments. We are now already getting a significant market share in far away east and southern Africa.

There is a difference between sleep and death.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 5:22pm On Apr 27, 2018
All dreams are valid. But name - your companies - outside DANGOTE AND BANKS - that dominate west Africa - the central africa is a joke. I get that. And I promise for every 1 your name -I'll give you 3 kenyan companies in the same sector doing even better things outside kenya.

And let see how soon you ran to GDP of peanuts smiley

CSTR1003:

Kenyan airways is nice and good, but it is not enough to bridge the humongous gap between Kenyan and Nigeria .

Nigeria too already dominates west and central Africa with our products and investments. We are now already getting a significant market share in far away east and southern Africa.

There is a difference between sleep and death.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by CSTR1003: 5:26pm On Apr 27, 2018
rvp20182:
Buy Safaricom by selling Dangote Cement. That make sense. Safaricom is global brand that gave the world M-PESA. Stop dreaming about west africa - and realize M-pesa is operational all the way including Europe & Asia. That is why Safaricom despite having operation in Kenya is now 12B - I need to check the latest price - but I bet it's overtaken DANGOTE grin. Foreign investors are driving the price crazy.

Your banks grew out of a force merge - and they are now in CRISIS again - and soon 1-2yrs - 3 kenyan banks will overtake them - and 3yrs - Zenith will be nowhere in top 10.

We have 3 banks now in global top 1000 - 2 in Africa top 25 - and Nigeria has 5.

Are you hearing yourself?

You will overtake what? How do you think business grow?

Is it not through market share and consumer base?

How do you now expect to compete with Nigerian companies with much bigger market shares?

My friend, the fact that you are in top 100 does not put them on the same pedestal. The difference in their capitalisation is what matters.

The difference between 1st and 5th could be humongous.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 5:31pm On Apr 27, 2018
Those are basics. Market share is not population. Nigeria is country of 140M poor people..with 90M extremely poor (the largest share worldwide). What consumer base is there? Only a really idiotic company will ran to Nigeria..spend all his money on backup generators..and find there is simply no consumer base grin grin grin

Safaricom is definitely becoming bigger than Dangote Cement. They are both valued at 12B. Dangote has to crapple with debt while safaricom has cash reserves and is building it's capital.

Safaricom is about to reach 1B dollars profit per year - and that is what makes a company great.

As regard you banks - read backwards - KCB/Equity will overtake 4 nigerians banks in 2-3 yrs...only Zenith Bank will stand for another 2yrs before it's overtaken.

CSTR1003:

Are you hearing yourself?

You will overtake what? How do you think business grow?

Is it not through market share and consumer base?

How do you now expect to compete with Nigerian companies with much bigger market shares?

My friend, the fact that you are in top 100 does not put them on the same pedestal. The difference in their capitalisation is what matters.

The difference between 1st and 5th could be humongous.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by CSTR1003: 5:34pm On Apr 27, 2018
rvp20182:
All dreams are valid. But name - your companies - outside DANGOTE AND BANKS - that dominate west Africa - the central africa is a joke. I get that. And I promise for every 1 your name -I'll give you 3 kenyan companies in the same sector doing even better things outside kenya.

And let see how soon you ran to GDP of peanuts smiley

What is this guy talking about?

From entertainment value chain ranging from cinemas to record companies, from food processing industries, to extractive industries.
Think of any sector, Nigerians are dominating.
I just don't have the patience to start writing names of companies.

And I an not talking about the small businesses that less wealthy Nigerians run.

When It comes to business and investment, I don't there is any nation in Africa that compares.

Our population already gives us that dynamic advantage . Kenya cannot compete .
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 5:35pm On Apr 27, 2018
Dangoteans...do you have Nigerian big consumer base company that generates such profits annually.
Last year Safaricom made 700M dollars profit before tax...this year my money is on this exceeding 1B dollars!!!!!!!!!!!!
https://www.ft.com/content/6fbd4232-3563-11e7-bce4-9023f8c0fd2e
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 5:37pm On Apr 27, 2018
Very predictable - entertainment grin grin - I ask you again name one nollywood movie that has made some money worth talking about. Kenya's Oscar award winning actress Lupita Nyongo is making more money than entire nollywood from black panter - and here you're shouting entertainment and Cinemas smiley. I think her share of now 1.3B dollars from black panter will eclipse all your third rate Naija movies.

Dangote then Banks then GDP then Entertainment - Nigerians grin so predictable - there is basically nothing in the country except pea nuts.

CSTR1003:

What is this guy talking about?

From entertainment value chain ranging from cinemas to record companies, from food processing industries, to extractive industries.
Think of any sector, Nigerians are dominating.
I just don't have the patience to start writing names of companies.

And I an not talking about the small businesses that less wealthy Nigerians run.

When It comes to business and investment, I don't there is any nation in Africa that compares.

Our population already gives us that dynamic advantage . Kenya cannot compete .
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by CSTR1003: 5:42pm On Apr 27, 2018
rvp20182:
Those are basics. Market share is not population. Nigeria is country of 140M poor people..with 90M extremely poor (the largest share worldwide). What consumer base is there? Only a really idiotic company will ran to Nigeria..spend all his money on backup generators..and find there is simply no consumer base grin grin grin

Safaricom is definitely becoming bigger than Dangote Cement. They are both valued at 12B. Dangote has to crapple with debt while safaricom has cash reserves and is building it's capital.

Safaricom is about to reach 1B dollars profit per year - and that is what makes a company great.

As regard you banks - read backwards - KCB/Equity will overtake 4 nigerians banks in 2-3 yrs...only Zenith Bank will stand for another 2yrs before it's overtaken.

Oga. I am tired.

Dangite is a private business. The richest man in Africa for 7 years running.

It is not owned by the Nigerian govt. It is owned by one man.
That same man had diversified to oil in gas in Africa's biggest oil producing country.

His refinery is coming on stream in 2019 in Lagos in Africa's most populated country .
Now imagine how much wealthier he is going to be.

You are talking about debts as if most billionaires don't have debts.

That is how they fund their business. Billionaires don't fund business from personal assets but from bank investments.
They also don't have the privilege of free govt funds like safaricom or whatever .

You keep yapping about how your mushroom bank will overtake Nigerian Banks and you did not tell us how .

Are they going to get more customers than their Nigerian superiors?

How are they going to catch up?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 5:47pm On Apr 27, 2018
nwoke37:

see this ones oo,dangote that is constructing roads for Togo etc

Dangote Group is too much for their companies. I will use Dangote sugar and not even Dangote cement.

Ignorance makes them think Dangote produces only cement
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 5:48pm On Apr 27, 2018
Here we go again with DANGOTE & PLANS.

Dangote is great. What he has done in Nigeria makes him even great. He is among the very few who've made in that market. Of course we have our own cement multinationals. Name any sector. Any industry. And we have vibrant sector.

Again it's not about PEOPLE. Populations. It's about how much money those people have and how much value you can provide.

Nigeria south is probably okayish but seriously speaking the whole north is just fulani-hausa herdsmen who are extremely poor! There is nothing there.

And again nothing stops our companies from expanding. We will eventually reach Nigeria (like Kenya Airways did) - we are now mostly Congo & waiting for Ethiopia to open up - n and eat you lunch. Britain has 80M people and eats the lunch of so many countries.

Having 140M extremely poor people is not consumer base.

CSTR1003:

Oga. I am tired.

Dangite is a private business. The richest man in Africa for 7 years running.

It is not owned by the Nigerian govt. It is owned by one man.
That same man had diversified to oil in gas in Africa's biggest oil producing country.

His refinery is coming on stream in 2019 in Lagos in Africa's most populated country .
Now imagine how much wealthier he is going to be.

You are talking about debts as if most billionaires don't have debts.

That is how they fund their business. Billionaires don't fund business from personal assets but from bank investments.
They also don't have the privilege of free govt funds like safaricom or whatever .

You keep yapping about how your mushroom bank will overtake Nigerian Banks and you did not tell us how .

Are they going to get more customers than their Nigerian superiors?

How are they going to catch up?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by CSTR1003: 5:49pm On Apr 27, 2018
rvp20182:
Very predictable - entertainment grin grin - I ask you again name one nollywood movie that has made some money worth talking about. Kenya's Oscar award winning actress Lupita Nyongo is making more money than entire nollywood from black panter - and here you're shouting entertainment and Cinemas smiley. I think her share of now 1.3B dollars from black panter will eclipse all your third rate Naija movies.

Dangote then Banks then GDP then Entertainment - Nigerians grin so predictable - there is basically nothing in the country except pea nuts.

lol.

You want to me start listing the many names of Nigerians in Hollywood?
Actors and actresses that have won awards that lupita will never get.
There is even a Nigerian on the black panther casting.

You guys are so backward it is funny.

BTW, Nollywood is much bigger than that. It is Africa's biggest.

Don't insult it.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samsobo24(m): 5:51pm On Apr 27, 2018
rvp20182:

Do you want to bring in Entertainment again , now all your artiste combined are not up to Genevieve Naji

Quote me
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 5:52pm On Apr 27, 2018
We don't have one man dominating our sectors - and all our future plans and hopes on him. Sorry but Dangote is nothing. His biggest company - Dangote cement that is all over with unfair practices and corruption in Nigeria is now valued as much as SAFARICOM - 12B - and Safaricom I think makes more money. Everyone is now waiting with baited breath for Safaricom to announce 1B dollars of Profit. That will be huge watershed moment in coorporate kenya.
samsobo24:
see this ones oo,dangote that is constructing roads for Togo etc

Dangote Group is too much for their companies. I will use Dangote sugar and not even Dangote cement.

Ignorance makes them think Dangote produces only cement

(1) (2) (3) ... (1729) (1730) (1731) (1732) (1733) (1734) (1735) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.