Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,334 members, 7,853,502 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 05:54 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (1736) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6272886 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1733) (1734) (1735) (1736) (1737) (1738) (1739) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by freshest4live: 9:09am On Apr 28, 2018
rvp20182:
How many schools did they open in Harvard. Bridges was started in Kenya and has it's HQ in Kenya. The initial idea I bet was in some bathroom but eventually Kenya like it has done for so many social start ups - proof the best places to get started. That is why when Nigeria talk of FDI - I just laugh - if you find out how many startups in US (Newyork & San francisco) doing their business principally from kenya - then you won't talk about Nigeria in say tech.

My point is that it was founded by whites not Kenyans, therefore it is not a Kenyan start up. The woman Shannon May met with other colleagues in Harvard, and that was where the idea came up.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 9:18am On Apr 28, 2018
Another one - SevenSeas Technologgy - already has an office in Nigeria.
http://www.techweez.com/2013/06/07/seven-seas-technologies-sets-up-global-headquarters/
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jason14: 9:20am On Apr 28, 2018
rvp20182:
Agreed - We should be competing with South Africa - not 500B dollar gorrilla of peanuts. To compete with Nigerians is to have very low ambitions. Kenya compete globally in many sectors..why should we lower ourselves to your pitiable level. Chance are if you go to Europe..the tea or coffee you'll take will be from Kenya, the flowers on the table, the vegetables, the nuts you'lll east, the lifetime vacation or safari and now even mobile payments will be from kenya.
Jesus ! so by exporting tea , coffee And flower that's how u complete globally and I told u that if Kenya's life goal is to be like south Africa then u have no vision

we Nigerians aim to be like China, Brazil , america(world powers ) ,we have things in common with these countries and the possibility of us becoming like these countries are very high
the fact that u aspire to be like south Africa means u are a petit and insignificant nation indeed
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by freshest4live: 9:20am On Apr 28, 2018
rvp20182:
Show me one country where IMF or WB has criticize their numbers. Nobody cares if you cook your GDP - it's not like there is a prize for that. But try asking for Loan or Investment - and that is when you'll know what IMF or WB think about your 500B dollar economy. You GDP is not cooked - it is over-cooked.

As regard kenyan economy - It's solid at 85-88B - and 10yrs ago it was 20B dollars - so you can say in next 10yrs - we will turn our 85B to 350B --about the size of South Africa.

Cooking GDP will not do anything to Nigeria - except fool nigerians and investor foolish enough to trust nigerian numbers. I mean those multinational that have tried to enter 500B dollar economy - were quickly disappointed and ran for dear life.

Like these guys crying here grin grin
So if I get you right, you are telling me the Somalians could wake up one morning to declare themselves the biggest economy in the world and this would go into IMF records, and trading economics.

Cornel Krummenacher, chief executive officer of Nestle’s equatorial Africa (as sub-Saharan Africa is sometimes called) unit, caused a stir after he was cited as saying by the Financial Times famously saying; “We thought this would be the next Asia, but we have realised the middle class here in the region is extremely small and it is not really growing”.

So if I get you right, you are telling me the Somalians or Namibians could wake up one morning to declare themselves the biggest economy in the world, and this would go into the IMF records and trading economics without verification
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 9:21am On Apr 28, 2018
When did that matter? May choose to start her business in Kenya and it's grown.She may already be a white kenyan citizen. That is how a modern country does things - you attract fdi, technologies, people and definitely Nairobi is the SOCIAL CAPITAL of Africa (if not the world).

I can list so many of them...but just know the amount of fdi for social enterprise landing in Nairobi dwarf Nigeria...Kenya is the incubator where ideas are tried...because we got our basic right and we have progressive population.

In short why did they skip the Nigeria giant smiley

freshest4live:

My point is that it was founded by whites not Kenyans, therefore it is not a Kenyan start up. The woman Shannon May met with other colleagues in Harvard, and that was where the idea came up.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by freshest4live: 9:29am On Apr 28, 2018
rvp20182:
When did that matter? May choose to start her business in Kenya and it's grown.She may already be a white kenyan citizen. That is how a modern country does things - you attract fdi, technologies, people and definitely Nairobi is the SOCIAL CAPITAL of Africa (if not the world).

I can list so many of them...but just know the amount of fdi for social enterprise landing in Nairobi dwarf Nigeria...Kenya is the incubator where ideas are tried...because we got our basic right and we have progressive population.

In short why did they skip the Nigeria giant smiley

Attracting FDI is different from claiming it as a Kenyan start up. The idea is from Harvad by the oyinbos, and they took it to India, Kenya, Uganda and Nigeria, So why did they skip India. Nigerians have started many things in Ghana, the Ghanians can claim them for all we care, but that is within us Africans at least. Stop claiming oyinbos work, that is my point.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jason14: 9:34am On Apr 28, 2018
NairobiWalker:

Your music is crap.
go and tell davido and wizkid (international superstars) that one grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 9:39am On Apr 28, 2018
Yes - and the best they can do is put * - official figures hard to believe. I think they should do the same with Nigerian figures.If you GDP is solid - it shouldn't be hard to defend it. It pure bollocks and you know it. Ask me to tell me where all 85-88B production or expenditure is coming from Kenya and I would be more than happy to show you where every 1B dollar is from.

Please talk about something else you GDP IS SO CRAP. Over-cooked. That is why you total budget including states is 36B dollars. Kenya total is 32B dollars.

Just explain to me how Nigeria has bigger agricluture than Brazil.

freshest4live:

So if I get you right, you are telling me the Somalians or Namibians could wake up one morning to declare themselves the biggest economy in the world, and this would go into the IMF records and trading economics without verification
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 9:41am On Apr 28, 2018
That is expected from a Nigerian and explain your backwardness. You think idea of starting the school is novel? It just that things happened in Kenya - because we have the enviroment. If it didn't work in Kenya - it would have died. Bridges only expanded after proofing their model would work in Kenya. Nigeria & India those are recently.

So yes Bridges is as Kenyan as it's get. It's HQ is here and it's contributing to kenyan economy.

freshest4live:

Attracting FDI is different from claiming it as a Kenyan start up. The idea is from Harvad by the oyinbos, and they took it to India, Kenya, Uganda and Nigeria, So why did they skip India. Nigerians have started many things in Ghana, the Ghanians can claim them for all we care, but that is within us Africans at least. Stop claiming oyinbos work, that is my point.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by freshest4live: 9:56am On Apr 28, 2018
rvp20182:
Yes - and the best they can do is put * - official figures hard to believe. I think they should do the same with Nigerian figures.If you GDP is solid - it shouldn't be hard to defend it. It pure bollocks and you know it. Ask me to tell me where all 85-88B production or expenditure is coming from Kenya and I would be more than happy to show you where every 1B dollar is from.

Please talk about something else you GDP IS SO CRAP. Over-cooked. That is why you total budget including states is 36B dollars. Kenya total is 32B dollars.

Just explain to me how Nigeria has bigger agricluture than Brazil.

You are unbelievable, if they do this it would not go into official records of the IMF or trading economics, not simply because it is false, but because they do not agree with it. Go ask your economics teacher, then come back.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:56am On Apr 28, 2018
rvp20182:
So I think the chart on their website is confusing.

I have seen dug into their reports..and I see their agriculture share still around 20-25% - still that is humonous - they are claiming their agriculture is worth 100-150 dollars grin grin - grin grin

US agriculture is around 1.1% of it's 17 trillion economy - around 180B dollars.

And Nigeria are telling us - at their apex - in 2015/2014- there was BIGGER grin grin

Iam sure google would be blipping hot,the way this Kenyan is blasting the internet. grin take it is easy bro. I know that you are trying hard to prove a point. Thanks to Nigerians for giving you a platform for that. Seems you dominate the forum now. Its like jay25 and mourifika had lost their voices.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jason14: 10:04am On Apr 28, 2018
rvp20182:
That is expected from a Nigerian and explain your backwardness. You think idea of starting the school is novel? It just that things happened in Kenya - because we have the enviroment. If it didn't work in Kenya - it would have died. Bridges only expanded after proofing their model would work in Kenya. Nigeria & India those are recently.

So yes Bridges is as Kenyan as it's get. It's HQ is here and it's contributing to kenyan economy.

I can really see Kenya's forwardness grin 70bn GDP is an example of a forward country grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 10:10am On Apr 28, 2018
Sorry IMF or WB doesn't validate GDP. Just defend your GDP. It shouldn't be hard to show us the mighty Nigerian Giant.
freshest4live:

You are unbelievable, if they do this it would not go into official records of the IMF or trading economics, not simply because it is false, but because they do not agree with it. Go ask your economics teacher, then come back.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by freshest4live: 10:16am On Apr 28, 2018
rvp20182:
Sorry IMF or WB doesn't validate GDP. Just defend your GDP. It shouldn't be hard to show us the mighty Nigerian Giant.
They do, else they wouldnt be taken seriously by the world. They even project likely future trends for each economies. Like I said, go back to your economics teacher.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by freshest4live: 10:32am On Apr 28, 2018
Another thing the Kenyans fail to understand is that the Chinese and the west are extending their empires into Africa, and they find in Kenya a suitable home simply because of its Geographical position in Africa and the weather, not a so called attractive environment.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 10:48am On Apr 28, 2018
They know where to catch you- you can't get any loan from them and if you try they simply tell to you to devalue Naira - Nigeria GDP eventually will come down to it's base - you see how you lost 120B dollars - in 2-3yrs and right now you still need to devalve your currency to 360 to a dollar - and then your GDP will drop to 320B - and that would still be about 80-100B inflated. Your real GDP is 250B.

Cooking GDP like Nigeria tried is waste of time and energy. Your real GDP is about 200-250B...and I am being very very generous. You still have naira that is over-valued (market rate is 360 against official of 300), interest rates are 25% plus, all the macro-economic a mess, revenues very little, taxes miniscule.

Your cooked GDP will self- correct. Give it time buddy. Obviously it's way over-cooked. And oil prices are yet to tankk grin

freshest4live:

They do, else they wouldnt be taken seriously by the world. They even project likely future trends for each economies. Like I said, go back to your economics teacher.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by justtoodark: 10:54am On Apr 28, 2018
rvp20182:
They know where to catch you- you can't get any loan from them and if you try they simply tell to you to devalue Naira - Nigeria GDP eventually will come down to it's base - you see how you lost 120B dollars - in 2-3yrs and right now you still need to devalve your currency to 360 to a dollar - and then your GDP will drop to 320B - and that would still be about 80-100B inflated. Your real GDP is 250B.

Cooking GDP like Nigeria tried is waste of time and energy. Your real GDP is about 200-250B...and I am being very very generous. You still have naira that is over-valued (market rate is 360 against official of 300), interest rates are 25% plus, all the macro-economic a mess, revenues very little, taxes miniscule.

Your cooked GDP will self- correct. Give it time buddy. Obviously it's way over-cooked.

kenyan,go and visit other threads....chill...

you are loosing it slowly but surely....we dont want to be responsible when you get a emotional breakdown....
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jason14: 11:10am On Apr 28, 2018
rvp20182:

Your cooked GDP will self- correct. Give it time buddy. Obviously it's way over-cooked.

OK it's 20bn
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 11:12am On Apr 28, 2018
No it's not. It higher than that but if Oil prices drop to 10-20 dollars a barrel in 2-3 yrs because China is not in the business of wasting their money to buy petrol - then it will reach 20B dollars..and Nigeria will split into 3-4 nations.
jason14:
OK it's 20bn
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 11:21am On Apr 28, 2018
IMF will not lend to Nigeria unless you agree to bring your GDP to right level - by devauling naira, raising interest rate, improving your revenue.

So cook you GDP and for political reason - IMF will pretend not to see- but you aint getting any lending - even if oil prices drop to 10 dollars.

IMF BIG BOYS in Africa - in terms of who they can trust their billion dollars with.

See Kenya has 1.5B (over-draft facility), Egypt(12B), Morocco, Tunisia (more than 1B each) and Ghana got 900M dollars. Nigeria nothing. Got to weather the recession buddy - you can't repay a loan with little taxes you have.

http://www.imf.org/external/np/exr/map/lending/index.htm

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 12:46pm On Apr 28, 2018
My last assignment for weekend for Nigeria - demonstrate your 200B grin grin Agriculture GDP.

I am going to give you an example kenya. At 23% of $85b GDP - our agriculture generates roughly 20B. Note; Kenya is well known agricultural powerhouse - despite having 10% land that is arable.

The breakdown of Kenya's 20B dollars worth of Agriculture.

1) Dairy sector - worth about 3-4B dollars of production annually.We produce 5B litres of Milk per annum...at about 0.6usd per litre...that gives you about 3-4B dollars worth of produced milk per annum. That least case scenario..we are not only self-sufficient in milk (only RSA can claim that) but we also export to east, south, central africa, europe and asia.

Kenya's is by far best in dairy farming in Africa - having overtaken South Africa & Sudan - with more pedigree cows than any country in Africa) - and it looking increasingly at competing with newzealands and denmark of the world. We already have as good breeds as they got.

The sector star...
One of biggest companies in this sector is Brookside - (was valued at 400M Usd in 2014 when French's dairy conglomerate Danone bought 40% of it) - and it's process 1.5M litres per day - or more than half a billion litres of milk per annum..and sell it's milk all the way to Congo/Zambia...and is looking to enter Nigeria soon (and save you from milk powder).

In Nigeria you're used to seeing oil tankers..In Kenya you'll find milk tankers. This is agriculture at it's finest.

Here is you Fulani herdmen (THE PRESIDENT) when he came to admire our cows - Nigeria's fulani cows produce 1litre per day - these cows are capable of producing 20-50 liters of milk per day

And the sector is driven by small-holders - having 3 -4 quality cows

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 1:11pm On Apr 28, 2018
The next sector in our Farming activities.

2) TEA - GDP worth 1.5-2B dollars. We produce more than 2 billion kilos of tea leaves and around 500M metric tonnes of black processed Tea. A kilo of processed tea is 3 dollars * 500 metric tonnes...should give you the figure.

Kenya is global export leader of black tea. In production it's second only to China and India. We produce more than 2 billion kilos of tea leaves and around 500M metric tonnes of black processed Tea.

Mombasa Tea Auction is the world largest tea auction - with tea from as far as Malawi & Congo being sold there. Kenya is known for producing highest quality of tea - Lipton Tea/Uniliver Tea - if you've drank tea - Chance are it was from Kenya. Esp if it's high quality..hand-picked kenyan tea.

Tea farms..plantantion and small holders.

Some of biggest companies here include[b] UNILIVER TEA, JAMES FINLAY, TATA[/b] owning huge plantations and KTDA - the smallholder tea company.

Now KTDA supports 500,000 Small-holder farmers and is AFRICA MODEL SMALL HOLDING Company. It pays annually nearly 1B dollars to farmers.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu2: 1:25pm On Apr 28, 2018
rvp20182:

Exactamundo! It shouldn't be hard-bleating repetetively about a tiny 70 bn$,actually a 90 bn% GDP, looking for relevance won't answer the question. You've been shown how to correlate with consumption data.Come on obadeeremi,freshest4live,justtoodark,jason14 and uzzolik its not that hard! ITS ACTUALLY A STIMULATING INTELLECTUAL EXERCISE!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jason14: 1:26pm On Apr 28, 2018
rvp20182:
No it's not. It higher than that but if Oil prices drop to 10-20 dollars a barrel in 2-3 yrs because China is not in the business of wasting their money to buy petrol - then it will reach 20B dollars..and Nigeria will split into 3-4 nations.
OK sir and Kenya would become world power grin grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jason14: 1:27pm On Apr 28, 2018
since we are now talking about impossibilities grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by freshest4live: 1:32pm On Apr 28, 2018
jason14:
since we are now talking about impossibilities grin
The guy is a comedian, now he is talking about Kenyan agriculture and comparing it with that of Nigeria, what an insult, NIGERIA RANKS SIXTH WORLDWIDE AND FIRST IN AFRICA IN FARM OUTPUT.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu2: 1:35pm On Apr 28, 2018
rvp20182:
My last assignment for weekend for Nigeria - demonstrate your 200B grin grin Agriculture GDP.

I am going to give you an example kenya. At 23% of $85b GDP - our agriculture generates roughly 20B. Note; Kenya is well known agricultural powerhouse - despite having 10% land that is arable.

The breakdown of Kenya's 20B dollars worth of Agriculture.

1) Dairy sector - worth about 3-4B dollars of production annually.We produce 5B litres of Milk per annum...at about 0.6usd per litre...that gives you about 3-4B dollars worth of produced milk per annum. That least case scenario..we are not only self-sufficient in milk (only RSA can claim that) but we also export to east, south, central africa, europe and asia.

Kenya's is by far best in dairy farming in Africa - having overtaken South Africa & Sudan - with more pedigree cows than any country in Africa) - and it looking increasingly at competing with newzealands and denmark of the world. We already have as good breeds as they got.

The sector star...
One of biggest companies in this sector is Brookside - (was valued at 400M Usd in 2014 when French's dairy conglomerate Danone bought 40% of it) - and it's process 1.5M litres per day - or more than half a billion litres of milk per annum..and sell it's milk all the way to Congo/Zambia...and is looking to enter Nigeria soon (and save you from milk powder).

In Nigeria you're used to seeing oil tankers..In Kenya you'll find milk tankers. This is agriculture at it's finest.

Here is you Fulani herdmen (THE PRESIDENT) when he came to admire our cows - Nigeria's fulani cows produce 1litre per day - these cows are capable of producing 20-50 liters of milk per day

And the sector is driven by small-holders - having 3 -4 quality cows

Cows,specifically high yield dairy cows are proven to be ideal in poverty reduction. One grade cow producing 30 l daily nets the farmer at least 12 $. With 3 or 4 that dude is middle class! IIRC I saw a piece recently stating Kiambu dairy plants alone are valued at 2.3 bn$;I'm looking for the link now. Unlike you Dangotelanders we know humble beginnings and firm foundations lead to success-NOT DREAMS!?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by justtoodark: 1:37pm On Apr 28, 2018
kikuyu2:

Exactamundo! It shouldn't be hard-bleating repetetively about a tiny 70 bn$,actually a 90 bn% GDP, looking for relevance won't answer the question. You've been shown how to correlate with consumption data.Come on obadeeremi,freshest4live,justtoodark,jason14 and uzzolik its not that hard! ITS ACTUALLY A STIMULATING INTELLECTUAL EXERCISE!

you must be mad to mention the darkside....for me,you kenyans are nothing....drugs addicts,miserable fellows....not even africans....for me you are indians...your language sound similar to that of indians....back off....!!!!.... angry angry
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by nwoke37: 1:37pm On Apr 28, 2018
NairobiWalker:

Your music is crap.

well, good thing it's the most popular on the continent rn. the only artists i know from kenya is sauti sol
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu2: 1:41pm On Apr 28, 2018
rvp20182:
The next sector in our Farming activities.

2) TEA - GDP worth 1.5-2B dollars. We produce more than 2 billion kilos of tea leaves and around 500M metric tonnes of black processed Tea. A kilo of processed tea is 3 dollars * 500 metric tonnes...should give you the figure.

Kenya is global export leader of black tea. In production it's second only to China and India. We produce more than 2 billion kilos of tea leaves and around 500M metric tonnes of black processed Tea.

Mombasa Tea Auction is the world largest tea auction - with tea from as far as Malawi & Congo being sold there. Kenya is known for producing highest quality of tea - Lipton Tea/Uniliver Tea - if you've drank tea - Chance are it was from Kenya. Esp if it's high quality..hand-picked kenyan tea.

Tea farms..plantantion and small holders.

Some of biggest companies here include[b] UNILIVER TEA, JAMES FINLAY, TATA[/b] owning huge plantations and KTDA - the smallholder tea company.

Now KTDA supports 500,000 Small-holder farmers and is AFRICA MODEL SMALL HOLDING Company. It pays annually nearly 1B dollars to farmers.

Fyi,many have tried to replicate the KTDA interface with small holder farmer operation without success. A manager told me Ugandans,Rwandese and even Saffas have done study tours and even hired KTDA managers without success. But GASSSSPP tea only gets maybe 1.5 bn$ yearly unlike Dangotelands' 100-150 bn $ agriculture receipts mainly from peanuts!
HAHAAHAHA!

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jason14: 1:43pm On Apr 28, 2018
kikuyu2:

see guy believe whatever makes u feel better it doesn't change anything, we Nigerians know who we are and where we stand in Africa , we are not looking for relevance .
Africa will progress when Nigeria progresses. just like d way d world wasn't progressing until america started progressing , and China to Asia

its destiny my friend, some countries are destined for greatness , even if it takes Nigeria 1000yrs to progress it will surely come and wen it comes it wud be massive and thats wen people will start respecting Africa . but for now forget it
if Kenya like it shud turn to england, it won't still change anything in Africa , it wud just be a fine country nothing else , no impact , no influence nothing

just the truth

Jason has spoken

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by nwoke37: 1:48pm On Apr 28, 2018
rvp20182:
IMF will not lend to Nigeria unless you agree to bring your GDP to right level - by devauling naira, raising interest rate, improving your revenue.

So cook you GDP and for political reason - IMF will pretend not to see- but you aint getting any lending - even if oil prices drop to 10 dollars.

IMF BIG BOYS in Africa - in terms of who they can trust their billion dollars with.

See Kenya has 1.5B (over-draft facility), Egypt(12B), Morocco, Tunisia (more than 1B each) and Ghana got 900M dollars. Nigeria nothing. Got to weather the recession buddy - you can't repay a loan with little taxes you have.

http://www.imf.org/external/np/exr/map/lending/index.htm

Nigeria didn't ask for help from the IMF when the recession was upon us. Instead, we created the right policies and started investing to stimulate the economy. Today, Nigeria has successfully exited recession without the help of the IMF.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1733) (1734) (1735) (1736) (1737) (1738) (1739) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.