Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,941 members, 7,848,797 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 10:27 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (1820) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6264487 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1817) (1818) (1819) (1820) (1821) (1822) (1823) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 2:39pm On May 31, 2018
Green City in the SUN

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 2:40pm On May 31, 2018
Jay254:

Btw the Northan Kenya is not as populated as the Northern Nigeria, the whole region has less than 10m people, the Region has so much potential but so few peole. In some areas you can drive 50-100km without spotting asingle person.

We have small nice towns in the north.. I will share if you insist.

Hmm. Ok. What is the size of northern Kenya compared to the entire Kenya?
Northern Nigeria (by constitutional definition) occupies more than 75% of the entire landmass of Nigeria. I don't think that northern Kenya occupies as much of Kenya as that. Though, northern Nigeria has about 90 million people. But just to let you know that it is not as densely populated as you think it is.

Perhaps, the reason why the region had so few people was cos it remained underdeveloped for a long time and a lot of the natives had to migrate away.
For instance the northwest and southwest in Nigeria have the largest populations, but a very large chunk of these populations are not native to those regions. Both regions had larger urban areas and developments in the past which attracted people from other regions.

That asides, these smaller towns in the north. Can they serve as economic centres to the people? Do they have industries? Are there quality banking and insurance services there? Do they have local and international airports? Can they access high network services like 4G network services for example?

For a region of 10 million people, I think they at least deserve a city of at least 1- 2 million people to serve as an economic centre of it's own.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 2:56pm On May 31, 2018
Jay254:

Do you argue to understand or Win?

You have never been in Kenya yet you claim to know our country better than us.

You were complaining we do not showcase the Northern Kenya.. we Just shared... Kindly share what Northern Naigeria has and not the middle belt.

Pls what are you saying? Why did you not show me the cheaper houses you claim exist in Umoja which is different from the ones we see online, then see if I will argue anymore?.
You claim something exists and I ask you to show me. Is that a crime?
I understand your points and explanations and I ask more questions based on the further researches I did, what is wrong with that?

I have not gone through your pictures of northern kenya. I am just about to.

Hahaha, mind you, the core-north of Nigeria is even more developed than the middlebelt. I bet you never knew this grin. Kano & Kaduna cities are in the core-north.
A large chunk of we middlebelters migrated to the core-north for better opportunities in the past until we got Abuja (the new capital of Nigeria) in our region in 1992.
This was because the Hausa-fulanis dominated the old northern region which our people were a part of.

Jos and Ilorin were the only major urban areas in the middlebelt and Kano & Kaduna are more developed than both cities.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 2:56pm On May 31, 2018
Nowenuse:

Hmm. Ok. What is the size of northern Kenya compared to the entire Kenya?
Northern Nigeria (by constitutional definition) occupies more than 75% of the entire landmass of Nigeria. I don't think that northern Kenya occupies as much of Kenya as that. Though, northern Nigeria has about 90 million people. But just to let you know that it is not as densely populated as you think it is.

Perhaps, the reason why the region had so few people was cos it remained underdeveloped for a long time and a lot of the natives had to migrate away.
For instance the northwest and southwest in Nigeria have the largest populations, but a very large chunk of these populations are not native to those regions. Both regions had larger urban areas and developments in the past which attracted people from other regions.

That asides, these smaller towns in the north. Can they serve as economic centres to the people? Do they have industries? Are there quality banking and insurance services there? Do they have local and international airports? Can they access high network services like 4G network services for example?

For a region of 10 million people, I think they at least deserve a city of at least 1- 2 million people to serve as an economic centre of it's own.

The region is almost half the Size of Kenya.. It's Impossible to have a city of a million plus the place crazyly sparsely populated, They trade alot in Livestock business which contribute about 10% of our GDP.

In the towns I have shared here you will get all most everything you will get in a stardard town in Kenya...Banks, Airpots,Hospitals..Some of them like Isiolo and lake Turkana are booming in tourism
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 3:01pm On May 31, 2018
Jay254:

You were complaining we do not showcase the Northern Kenya.. we Just shared... Kindly share what Northern Naigeria has and not the middle belt.
Kano, northern Nigeria

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 3:07pm On May 31, 2018
Nowenuse:

Pls what are you saying? Why did you not show me the cheaper houses you claim exist in Umoja which is different from the ones we see online, then see if I will argue anymore?.
I understand your points and explanations and I ask more questions based on the further researches I did, what is wrong with that?

Hahaha, mind you, the core-north of Nigeria is even more developed than the middlebelt. I bet you never knew this grin. Kano & Kaduna cities are in the core-north.
A large chunk of we middlebelters migrated to the core-north for better opportunities in the past until we got Abuja (the new capital of Nigeria) in our region in 1992.
This was because the Hausa-fulanis dominated the old northern region which our people were a part of.

Jos and Ilorin were the only major urban areas in the middlebelt and Kano & Kaduna are more developed than both cities.

Those Nigerians who've been in Kenya especially around Roysambu(anigerian hood in Nairobi)kindly educate this guy...

I will give you a Real Example in Roysambu acheap two bedroom apartment will cost 15k while a premium one will cost 40k-60k.If you check online for an apartment in Roysambu you will only see the premium ones, cheap are very easy to fill hence they do not advertise.

I didn't know extreme North was better than Middle belt. Share the Pics..

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 3:09pm On May 31, 2018
NairobiWalker:

I showed you pictures of better and cheaper and cleaner neighborhoods than those slums in Lagos that you don't want to call slums. I wonder why you're so hellbent on your notions that Kenyan houses are too expensive for the ordinary citizen. lol

Stop telling lies. You never showed me any cheap neighborhood. Prove that you did!

I always showed you modern houses half the price of the ones you showed me here in Nigeria.

Umoja is not clean. So many dirty pictures of it with it's multi-Story style, yet still expensive. What is the average monthly income of a low income Nairobian for them to be able to afford such monthly rents?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 3:10pm On May 31, 2018
kikuyu1:

Thanks! Good to see you're at least attempting to use stats. I couldn't get a date for your site which tbh seems legit. JALOS is real but they're obviously copy pasting inaccurate data from other sources so I'll go with mine which rhymes with all the other consumption data placing us well ahead on all indices.

https://countryeconomy.com/countries/compare/kenya/nigeria
Wheneverit doesn't favour Little India you call it inaccurate. The date on that site is 2018. Yours is 2016.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 3:10pm On May 31, 2018
obaaderemi:
Kano, northern Nigeria

Which region produces more food in Nigeria..

What are the top Cities in the North
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 3:17pm On May 31, 2018
Jay254:

The region is almost half the Size of Kenya.. It's Impossible to have a city of a million plus the place crazyly sparsely populated, They trade alot in Livestock business which contribute about 10% of our GDP.

In the towns I have shared here you will get all most everything you will get in a stardard town in Kenya...Banks, Airpots,Hospitals..Some of them like Isiolo and lake Turkana are booming in tourism

Actually Northern Kenya is over half of Kenya with less than 10 million people because it's arid. You're wasting you time with this boy

Here are counties that constitute Northen Kenya
Turkana - Area - 68, 680 sq. km - Population - 855,399
Samburu - Area - 20182 sq. km - Population - 223987
Marsabit - Area - 66,923 sq. km - Population -291166
Mandera - Area 25,978 sq. km -Population - 1,026,000
Wajir - Area 55,841 sq. km - Population - 661,941
Garissa - Area 45,720 sq. km - Population - 623,060
Isiolo County - Area 25,336 sq. km - Population - 143,294

Total Area - 308,660 sq. km = 53%
Total Population = 3,681,550

That's only 3.6 million people living in over 53% of the area. Northern Kenya is basically empty land. Only a fool will expect us to build a city in such land. Kenya's population is very unevenly distributed (since precolonial days) and the only reason for this is climate. You don't expect people to live in dry unproductive lands. Even the remaining 47%, Kitui, Tana River, Kajiado and Narok counties occupy almost 40% of it with a total population of less than 3 million - this basically means 80% of Kenyans live in 30% of the land.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jaycent(m): 3:18pm On May 31, 2018
Nowenuse:

these people think they knw everything about Nigeria
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 3:19pm On May 31, 2018
Nowenuse:

Stop telling lies. You never showed me any cheap neighborhood. Prove that you did!

I always showed you modern houses half the price of the ones you showed me here in Nigeria.

Umoja is not clean. So many dirty pictures of it with it's multi-Story style, yet still expensive. What is the average monthly income of a low income Nairobian for them to be able to afford such monthly rents?

You never showed me any cheap neighborhood either - you showed me a shitty middle class neighborhood with annual rent prices higher than classy middle class neighborhoods in Kenya. The rest from Lagos (that I showed you) was a slum with overpriced buildings.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 3:21pm On May 31, 2018
NairobiWalker:

Actually Northern Kenya is over half of Kenya with less than 10 million people because it's arid. You're wasting you time with this boy

That's only 3.6 million people living in over 53% of the area. Northern Kenya is basically empty land. Only a fool will expect us to build a city in such land. Kenya's population is very unevenly distributed (since precolonial days) and the only reason for this is climate. You don't expect people to live in dry unproductive lands. Even the remaining 47%, Kitui, Tana River, Kajiado and Narok counties occupy almost 40% of it with a total population of less than 3 million - this basically means 80% of Kenyans live in 30% of the land.

Well put.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 3:26pm On May 31, 2018
obaaderemi:
Wheneverit doesn't favour Little India you call it inaccurate. The date on that site is 2018. Yours is 2016.

I double checked for a date. Pls copy paste. Thanks.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 3:42pm On May 31, 2018
Jay254:

Those Nigerians who've been in Kenya especially around Roysambu(anigerian hood in Nairobi)kindly educate this guy...

I will give you a Real Example in Roysambu acheap two bedroom apartment will cost 15k while a premium one will cost 40k-60k.If you check online for an apartment in Roysambu you will only see the premium ones, cheap are very easy to fill hence they do not advertise.

I didn't know extreme North was better than Middle belt. Share the Pics..

You see that's the problem. 15k shillings (53k naira) per month is too expensive for a 2 bedroom appartment in a place like Roysambu.
In Lagos, any 2 bedroom apartment that will cost that much will be mostly a very beautiful modern bungalow or single story building in a purely middleclass neighborhood.
You can get half the price or even 1/3 to 1/4 of the price if you go to purely lower income neighborhoods.

I hope you can see my point.

Kano

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jaycent(m): 3:54pm On May 31, 2018
Jay254:

have you ever been to Nigeria before.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 4:11pm On May 31, 2018
2/3 of Kenya - in Arid & Semi -Arid & very sparsely populated - In addition to those counties - Please add huge parts of Baringo,West Pokot, Most of Coast region, lower eastern(ukambani), part of Kajiado, Narok & even Nakuru - only 10% of kenya is arable. That is small corridor.

LAPSSET (20B dollars investment) will unlock most of these area - for exploration, minning, tourism and expansion.

LAPSSET is one of Africa biggest (if not the biggest) investment.

PORTS
32 Berth, Deep Sea Port at Manda bay, Lamu County
HIGHWAYS
Interregional Highways from Lamu to Isiolo, Isiolo to Juba (South Sudan), Isiolo to Addis Ababa (Ethiopia), and Lamu to Garsen (Kenya)
PIPELINES
Crude Oil Pipeline from Lamu to Isiolo, Isiolo to Juba; Product Oil Pipeline from Lamu to Isiolo, Isiolo to Addis Ababa
RAILWAY
Interregional Standard Gauge Railway lines from Lamu to Isiolo, Isiolo to Juba, Isiolo to Addis Ababa, and Nairobi to Isiolo
AIRPORTS
3 International Airports: one each at Lamu, Isiolo, and Lake Turkana
RESORT CITIES
3 Resort Cities: one each at Lamu, Isiolo and Lake Turkana

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 4:15pm On May 31, 2018
we shall deport him or her.

jaycent:
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 4:35pm On May 31, 2018
Nowenuse:

You see that's the problem. 15k shillings (53k naira) per month is too expensive for a 2 bedroom appartment in a place like Roysambu.
In Lagos, any 2 bedroom apartment that will cost that much will be mostly a very beautiful modern bungalow or single story building in a purely middleclass neighborhood.
You can get half the price or even 1/3 to 1/4 of the price if you go to purely lower income neighborhoods.

Kano

Why are you still lying on this? When I search rent in Sulurele, the cheapest I get for 2 bedrooms is 600k Naira per year. That translates to 14K Kenya shillings per month and considering you guys pay annual rent, that even makes it hard for many people to afford. In Kenya rent is monthly and where you have the option to pay for the whole year, you're given a massive discount.
https://www.nigeriapropertycentre.com/for-rent/flats-apartments/lagos/surulere/showtype?bedrooms=2

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 4:39pm On May 31, 2018
Nowenuse:

Kano

15k is too cheap for atwo bedroom. Am sure the rate in Lagos is higher than your small village.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 4:39pm On May 31, 2018
jaycent:

Why?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 4:58pm On May 31, 2018
NairobiWalker:

Jay254:

Well put.

Do you guys think you can deceive anyone here? Nigerians are smarter than that.

If the total population of the northern areas is 3.6 million based on the 2009 Kenyan census. Don't forget that in the same 2009 census, Kenya had only 38 million people. So, that is around 10% of your freaking population.
Only in Africa are we going to hear someone claiming that 10% of a country's population are completely insignificant. That's absolute trash and unreasonable.

North-east Nigeria occupies almost 1/3 of the landmass of Nigeria and contains about 20-30 million people (also approx 10% of our population). Yet they are not underestimated as such.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 5:30pm On May 31, 2018
Jay254:
Jos plateau

I just saw this post from you.

Jos is the state capital of my state of origin.
No mud houses exist within Jos city like the one in your second picture. It could be an outskirt community but never within Jos city.

Use your google map to scan through the length and breadth of Jos-Bukuru city and tell me if the majority of the houses you see look like what you post up here.

These are google satellite images for Jos below.

Jos city has a very big natural wildlife park within the city as you can see below in the last picture.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 5:35pm On May 31, 2018
Nowenuse:

Do you guys think you can deceive anyone here? Nigerians are smarter than that.

If the total population of the northern areas is 3.6 million based on the 2009 Kenyan census. Don't forget that in the same 2009 census, Kenya had only 38 million people. So, that is around 10% of your freaking population.
Only in Africa are we going to hear someone claiming that 10% of a country's population are completely insignificant. That's absolute trash and unreasonable.

North-east Nigeria occupies almost 1/3 of the landmass of Nigeria and contains about 20-30 million people (also approx 10% of our population). Yet they are not underestimated as such.

The development happening in those areas is big after formation of county govt. It's very easy to change the area due to it's small population.

Don't behave like North and south are so united and one.

Northern and southern Naija are like two different countries..From religion, politics,development, Culture..

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 5:39pm On May 31, 2018
Jay254:

15k is too cheap for atwo bedroom. Am sure the rate in Lagos is higher than your small village.

No it is not cheap, especially in the cheapest part of the city like Roysambu.
I have no problem if a 2 bedroom apartment costs more than that in Madaraka or anywhere in Langata, but in places like Roysambu or Umoja, it is a problem.

I can show you modern houses within Surulere low middleclass neighborhoods that cost half that price. In the pure Lagos low class neighborhoods, you can get a 2 bed room apartment for 1/3 or even less of that price, depending on how low the neighborhood is.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 5:47pm On May 31, 2018
Nowenuse:

I just saw this post from you.

Jos is the state capital of my state of origin.
No mud houses exist within Jos city like the one in your second picture. It could be an outskirt community but never within Jos city.

Use your google map to scan through the length and breadth of Jos-Bukuru city and tell me if the majority of the houses you see look like what you post up here.

These are google satellite images for Jos below.

Jos city has a very big natural wildlife park within the city as you can see below in the last picture.

When I google jos plateau I see alot of death, is the place a Bokoharam zone?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 5:48pm On May 31, 2018
Jay254:

The development happening in those areas is big after formation of county govt. It's very easy to change the area due to it's small population.

Don't behave like North and south are so united and one.

Northern and southern Naija are like two different countries..From religion, politics,development, Culture..

Yes, your county govt will go a long way in urbanizing Kenya and developing the northern region. I however think those counties are too much in number. 47?

That was the same mistake Nigeria made. We created too many states. Well actually the military regime did and it heavily crippled our govt.

If Nigeria had maintained our first 12 states, it would have been better. Our 12 state capital cities would have been much bigger, richer and more well-maintained.

So, how does the political and religious difference between northern & southern Nigeria relate to our discussion here?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 5:48pm On May 31, 2018
Jay254:

You can only say it's cheap until you see the actual house. To me these houses shouldn't even cost 15k. These houses resemble those Swahili houses in Majengo Slums that cost less than 1k per month. Surely who'll pay 15k for this crap in Nairobi?

Btw these government houses in Jericho Nairobi cost KES 500 per month.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 5:50pm On May 31, 2018
Jay254:

When I google jos plateau I see alot of death, is the place a Bokoharam zone?

Yes, it was because this area experienced a lot of ethno-religious clashes in 2006, 2008 and 2010.
Clashes that claimed thousands of lives.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 5:50pm On May 31, 2018
Nowenuse:

No it is not cheap, especially in the cheapest part of the city like Roysambu.
I have no problem if a 2 bedroom apartment costs more than that in Madaraka or anywhere in Langata, but in places like Roysambu or Umoja, it is a problem.

I can show you modern houses within Surulere low middleclass neighborhoods that cost half that price. In the pure Lagos low class neighborhoods, you can get a 2 bed room apartment for 1/3 or even less of that price, depending on how low the neighborhood is.

A villager in Jos plateau giving me the prices of houses in Lagos..

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 5:51pm On May 31, 2018
NairobiWalker:

You can only say it's cheap until you see the actual house. To me these houses shouldn't even cost 15k. These houses resemble those Swahili houses in Majengo Slums that cost less than 1k per month. Surely who'll pay 15k for this crap in Nairobi?

Hahahaha even free I can't.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 5:52pm On May 31, 2018
Nowenuse:

Yes, it was because this area experienced a lot of ethno-religious clashes in 2006, 2008 and 2010.
Clashes that claimed thousands of lives.

Which region is dominant in those areas?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1817) (1818) (1819) (1820) (1821) (1822) (1823) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.