Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,090 members, 7,835,664 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (1858) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6243106 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1855) (1856) (1857) (1858) (1859) (1860) (1861) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 7:42pm On Jun 10, 2018
nwoke37:

corruption is a major part to why Boko Haram hasn't been defeated. The president gave $2 billion dollars for buying of weapons and such to the army but they squandered it, they each took their own share..
I even heard the military gives weapons to Boko Haram

GAAASSPPP!? Finally,some honesty. I hope its not accidentall. I've followed the BH issue and concluded the same though some of your army guys committed active treason.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 7:46pm On Jun 10, 2018
rvp20182:
That make sense - but why would Dubai spend billion of dollars building a new city - without working on the security of the city. Or you think a city is concrete ugly jungle I see in most of Nigeria? You talk terrorism - like it cannot be defeated - look at Nairobi - we had a lot of that - but we invested more than 150M dollars (or around 500B NAIRA!!) in CCTV & such technology everywhere - number plate recognition - chinese gave us latest phone tracking & secure radio communication etc - now terrorism or kidnapping in Nairobi has reduce to nearly zero.

Nairobi & Mombasa is now under serious camera surveillance...we have managed to foil so many attacks from Alshabab. These are intelligent cameras..with facial recognition...number plate recognition...and we continue to make heavy investment in security.

Why are you spending 1.6 billion dollars on military...how is that suppose to provide security to 200M people. Poor Kenya without oil is spending 1B on the army.We spend another 2B plus on the police.

Boko Haram is home-grown terror - why hasn't nigeria defeated those idiots? With you oil - you cannot even beat Uganda - who have latest fighter jets - SUkhois!

Are there no other resources in this world apart from oil?
As for Abuja, the reason they ranked it poor was due to the fear of the Boko Haram threat, that was the reason given in the article ranking those cities. Abuja has almost 24hours electricity and water, at least from what l heard from family members and friends who have lived there and some who still live there. Boko Haram is the major problem with Abuja according to the website that gave the rankings.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by nwoke37: 7:51pm On Jun 10, 2018
rvp20182:
Will EKO City also handles it police & military smiley Seriously the country need to be fixed - not band aids. Tatus is private. Konza is gov.

Eko Atlantic will probably have its own police and security system... The land Eko city is on is private.. the government gave them the land for 70 years... then after the 70 they have to give back the land to lagos.. so basically Eko will be another ccountry lol
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijapips04: 7:58pm On Jun 10, 2018
close this stupid thread. Mediocre Africans and their d*ck measuring tendencies.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 8:20pm On Jun 10, 2018
You better hope smiley Otherwise Nigerian need to revolt and fix their country.
nwoke37:

Eko Atlantic will probably have its own police and security system... The land Eko city is on is private.. the government gave them the land for 70 years... then after the 70 they have to give back the land to lagos.. so basically Eko will be another ccountry lol

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by nwoke37: 8:24pm On Jun 10, 2018
Just found this

Rankings for postal service(2018):
Despite a gap between industrialised and developing countries, standout performers in each developing region showed that this gap is not insurmountable. Poland, Singapore, Tunisia, Brazil and Nigeria all led the way in their respective regions..
South Africa ranks 88th in the world, with a score of 33.34. Africa’s average score is 22.37, with Nigeria (51), Mauritius (54), Morocco (62) and Ghana (74) the best performers in this geographical area. South Africa is ninth in Africa, also behind Kenya (87), Togo (85), Cameroon (77), and Uganda (79)

“Nigeria has achieved the top spot in the region thanks to sustained performance in terms of reliability and connectivity, in spite of a drop in resilience.

“Indeed, with a score of 85.12, Nigeria’s reliability is among the 25 highest in the sample. This is corroborated by relatively good average delivery times of 3.6, 4.4 and 2.0 days for letters, parcels and express mail respectively,” the report said.

https://businesstech.co.za/news/business/250373/how-south-africas-postal-service-compares-to-the-rest-of-the-world/

Nigeria's number 1 in Africa ahead of Kenya and South Africa

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 8:29pm On Jun 10, 2018
Finally some index that Nigeria leads in. Kudos
nwoke37:
Just found this

Rankings for postal service(2018):

https://businesstech.co.za/news/business/250373/how-south-africas-postal-service-compares-to-the-rest-of-the-world/

Nigeria's number 1 in Africa ahead of Kenya and South Africa

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by nwoke37: 8:31pm On Jun 10, 2018
rvp20182:
Finally some index that Nigeria leads in. Kudos

You mean apart from gdp and number of middle class?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jun 10, 2018
Daejoyoung:
Here's Bovi again mimicking Obama's accent.
cc Taysermahiri, blackboys et al.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH9bf4P8R28

Not funny but clearer pidgin. Looks like you guys can speak properly when necessary but your mouth lazy.

Daejoyoung:
Taysermahiri, blackboys, here's Basketmouth in Tanzania and Kenya and Kenyans loving the Nigerian accent... Note that with pidgin the joke comes to life but even with English, he is still articulate. Do you have Kenyan comedians who can make West Africans laugh by speaking just English?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs_eF49kaok

Not funny either. But Basketmouth at least has a name to himself. Some Kenyans were probably laughing cuz of previous jokes not these ones.

Yes we ave comedians like Eric Omondi that can crack you up especially when making fun of your pidgin. Just invite him to Lagos and promise him safety even if he mocks your bad pidgin and he'll make your year. I forgot MC Jessy. He can make you insane
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jun 10, 2018
Nowenuse:

This is very false!

Nigerian tribes dress very differently and in most cases, even within the same tribe, sub-tribes dress differently and practice different cultures.
We have began to share each other's cultures over time but we all still have our independent original cultures.

That's why I said I could show you hundreds of distinct cultures from Nigeria, I wasn't joking about that.

No other country in Africa has as much cultural diversity as Nigeria.
Infact, East Africa combined with Horn Africa is still not as diversified as Nigeria.

Your clothes tend to match the surrounding. Like here below. Observe the overall aura and notice you tend to match everything, the danfos, the rust, yellow yellow colors all match you clothes

Where a city is a bit better, again y'all wear the same clothes whether its agbdada or wareva. You have this uniform tendency esp with your surroundings.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jun 10, 2018
Nowenuse:

Hahaha, very true..
Since we started this thread, many Nigerians have shown themselves. Only one Kenyan has actually showed himself. The remaining skinny sissies like TashaMaria & KiberaWalker (aka TayserMahiri & NairobiWalker) cannot dare to show themselves...

You know, I love the west african genes which is more bulky, with a better musculature... Can't you see how our black american descendants look like?

West Africans like the Hausa-fulanis who tend to be skinnier just like East africans tend to have a very good looking face to cover up.

Kenyans tend to have neither. Lol, neither face nor stature

Though I know that Kenyan Kalenjins are the ones who tend to look very skinny. The Kikuyus tend to look better but they are too short. grin

Kikuyus are not short. The likes of Uhuru Kenyatta and Jeff Koinange are kikuyus and they aint short. What Kikuyus arent is stocky.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 8:59pm On Jun 10, 2018
I think we have demonstrated with enough empirical evidence that your GDP is over-cooked.
nwoke37:

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jun 10, 2018
naijalander:
KENyans pronounce Ran as Ren, Run as Ran.

She Ren away

I'll Ran there tomorrow

And we are the ones with bad accent.

Clueless lot these guys, I mean the disrespect on this thread to the greatest civilization owned by colored men.

Wat This guy.

Ran is pronounced as ræn or more precisely as ren.

Ran - Verb (past tense ran /ræn/

The highlighted, you must be talking of some other country. Kenyans dont say that. EveR !
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jun 10, 2018
4kDdullard:
Naija boys una get time o to dey sustain this thread with Kibera slum dealers cum villagers till now. Make una give them break biko ejor, dey heart attack dey too much and the heat unbearable. ask unasef why other African countries dey feel intimidated wey Naija folks dey or wey people dey talk about Naija? Na because Naija dey ahead of them, when person dey ahead of u you go dey feel intimidated and threatened coupled with complex issue wey other African countries get. Ah take beg beg una make una no kill them again them be our little brothers biko show mercy and love. Na here ah take rest my care. Taking a bow while activating observation mode like the Distinguished Senator David Mark wey be Oga at the top senate committee for observation. Our liitle kenyan brothers make una no cry again o pls cuz in the end we are all from a shithole continent as Lord Potus Trump talk am. Even China still dey answer developing country according to the West so why we want kill ourselves here? Think abt it.

If you spoke this rubbish pidgin in my vicinity I'd have you arrested for causing a nuisance !!! angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jun 10, 2018
jaycent:
Nigeria my father land.

Yellow Yellow

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jun 10, 2018
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 9:07pm On Jun 10, 2018
TayserMahiri:

If you spoke this rubbish pidgin in my vicinity I'd have you arrested for causing a nuisance !!! angry

grin grin grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 9:08pm On Jun 10, 2018
TayserMahiri:

Wat This guy.

Ran is pronounced as ræn or more precisely as ren.

Ran - Verb (past tense ran /ræn/

The highlighted, you must be talking of some other country. Kenyans dont say that. EveR !

Naijalander is so used to that pidgin gibberish he thinks that's how English is spoken.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jun 10, 2018
Jayceon:
But you still have the power to elect the right people right? I believe that power is in your hands

Almost all countries in Africa had the West influence (Naija included) it just that they decided to settle in SA due to our fair weather,so I'm failing to see where you going with your write-up tbh.The biggest lie ever told is that corruption was almost non existence during white rule,only a deaf,dumb and blind fellow would believe that

If you could school me here. Did the Boers settle in SA due to weather or due to the Gold (minerals in general)? What preceded the other?

Its almost the 2nd millennium (2000 pages) and we need to talk some other matter concerning everyone else except these Fulanis grin

lol, no offense to Fulanis smiley

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 9:12pm On Jun 10, 2018
nwoke37:

GDP is not an index. GDP per capita is and in terms of GDP per capita, you're slightly ahead of us but we're catching up at lightning speed. From almost triple our GDP per capita in 2013 to something just close to ours in 2018. By the end of next year we could be well equal or even slightly higher.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jun 10, 2018
NairobiWalker:

Naijalander is so used to that pidgin gibberish he thinks that's how English is spoken.

mehn!! he's used to run, run, run for past, present and future tenses.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jun 10, 2018
NairobiWalker:

GDP is not an index. GDP per capita is and in terms of GDP per capita, you're slightly ahead of us but we're catching up at lightning speed. From almost triple our GDP per capita in 2013 to something just close to ours in 2018. By the end of next year we could be well equal or even slightly higher.

Do we need to mention our budget for next financial yr? grin

Its over 3 Trillion Kenya Shillings.

If Naija is not half of that cry

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jun 10, 2018
nwoke37:

I just try keeping even headed. Although i do admit i'm a bit biased towards Nigeria's favor.. lol grin grin

I have to say I usually treat all Nigerians like savages but you have proven to be quite level headed.

So I'll treat you like a human with a soul.

grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jun 10, 2018
jaycent:
grin

Only the Chinese can ride your rail (which they have built) possibly because it is terrible and foreigners are probably advised not to use it or any public means of transport in your country.

The Kenyan one is so well done everyone from America, Europe and the rest of the civilized world rides it.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jun 10, 2018
Nowenuse:

I think Kenyans mixing English and Swahili together is just very ridiculous.
If you wanna speak English, speak it, if Swahili, speak it.

This is probably the reason why Tanzanians speak and sing a far sweeter flavour of Swahili.

I fell in love with the swahili language because of Tanzanian singers.

You have a lot of similarities with Tanzanians Nowe.

Small IQ, interest in useless things and once again, small IQ.

7 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jun 10, 2018
254tobby:

Am in Nairobi but I admit that Abuja is also a pretty beautiful city just like Nairobi.

Abuja is just as beautiful as Pyongyang, North Korea. Nothing more. Both are elitist enclaves.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jun 10, 2018
Jonraid:
And yet we have a well known rugby team. We are a nation of 42 tribes!

We added a few. Makonde from Mozambique and Indians.
We should be about 45 or thereabout
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jun 10, 2018
jln115:

Abuja should first try to catch up to cities like Bloemfontein.

Jap !
grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jun 10, 2018
nwoke37:

corruption is a major part to why Boko Haram hasn't been defeated. The president gave $2 billion dollars for buying of weapons and such to the army but they squandered it, they each took their own share..
I even heard the military gives weapons to Boko Haram

lMAO grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by darfay: 9:41pm On Jun 10, 2018
TayserMahiri:

U dey craze

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by darfay: 9:43pm On Jun 10, 2018
TayserMahiri:

Not funny but clearer pidgin. Looks like you guys can speak properly when necessary but your mouth lazy.

Not funny either. But Basketmouth at least has a name to himself. Some Kenyans were probably laughing cuz of previous jokes not these ones.

Yes we ave comedians like Eric Omondi that can crack you up especially when making fun of your pidgin. Just invite him to Lagos and promise him safety even if he mocks your bad tongue and he'll make your year. I forgot MC Jessy. He can make you cry

Him being funny or not shouldn't be any of your business last I checked they are more wealthy and have a larger social media following than all your comedians combined
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jun 10, 2018
rvp20182:
Then something need to give. Kenya we got corruption - but it the usual 5-10% - not Nigeria 100%. We have nearly defeated alshabab - apart from remote places. We long dealt with kidnapping. The technology to deal with some of these issues are now very cheap - in kenya rather than get 4G licence fee from Safaricom - we told them to give to Huawei - who deployed intelligent cameras & tech all over Nairobi & Mombasa - that make crimes in Nairobi very easy to detect and deter....now nearly 4yrs after west gate....we have had lots of calm...from when grenades exploded daily...to now..when it not happened in nearly 4yrs.

Now you build EKo City - and there is no electricity, no security, no water, no sewage, there is kidnapping, there is terror, there is okada and yellow ugly shared taxis (dafno) - and then it again like ABUJA - get the dubious rank as one worst cities to live in grin grin. Then lets build another city....as new one decay!

Sort the basics - electricity 24-7 - that nearly every country should deal with!

Key thing in Kenyan cities is You are Being Watched all the time! By the govt. These days Alshabaab cant move around in cities because their every move is on Camera. And they bloody need to carry their items.!!!

Nigerians should try this in the North. They should put cameras even in Sambisa forest!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1855) (1856) (1857) (1858) (1859) (1860) (1861) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.