Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,236 members, 7,818,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (2193) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6201020 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2190) (2191) (2192) (2193) (2194) (2195) (2196) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 1:33pm On Aug 21, 2018
Beautiful Mombasa City

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 1:34pm On Aug 21, 2018
Mombasa Kenya

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 1:34pm On Aug 21, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

Well clearly, it meant a lot to you. I have never given it a thought. I'm not sure what your point is and who you thought you "dealt" with. I stated a fact that 4icu and Webometric rankings have little credibility. Times Higher Education and QS university rankings are the credible rankings with parameters that matter in determining the quality of education at an institution. 4icu and Webometric rankings are regularly gamed by low-ranked institutions. The fact remains that in Times Higher Education rankings, only one institution from Kenya and Nigeria were ranked, tied at the same spot for last year. And University of Nairobi has done better in previous rankings. I don't really care to rehash an old argument because of your gloating, so let's stick to what is relevant.

That's not the point, so stop moving the goal posts. Different political systems in different countries accord varying levels of autonomy to different states, regions, confederations etc within the sovereign nation. I haven't in any place stated that Hong Kong is exactly identical to Scotland or Palestinian territories or wherever. You were the one who said autonomy and independence are the same thing and I called bullshiit on the claim. Hong Kong is not a sovereign nation, so it is not independent at all. It retains its autonomy at the pleasure of the Chinese government who can revoke it if they please.
And there are a lot more Chinese nationals in Taiwan than there are Taiwanese nationals in China, despite Taiwan having a far more restrictive immigration policy towards Chinese people so I'm not sure what your point is. Read a few accounts of Chinese people here about the hostility of Taiwan towards Chinese immigrants:
https://www.quora.com/Why-is-democratic-Taiwan-not-a-popular-country-for-Chinese-migrants-would-be-to-emigrate-despite-similar-culture-and-language
China is a market of over a billion people and they are neighbors, so of course many Taiwanese businessmen go there to exploit the bigger, less developed market and make more money. Taiwanese don't care to be Chinese. That doesn't mean they are enemies of China. They are not at war, even though China are so obsessed with Taiwan that only the forceful backing of the US has stopped China invading Taiwan, and China has obstructed Taiwan being recognized as a sovereign nation at the UN and went on a crying tantrum when Trump spoke to the Taiwanese president. grin

And no, there is no progress in Nigeria that is hard to see in other countries. Nigeria if anything is a regressing country with regressing standards of living. The only thing that has ever improved in Nigeria in my 20-something years of life is technology. Which has nothing to do with Nigeria. In the 1990's, my father had a NITEL and a Multilinks landline which made him a celebrity on my street as neighbors came to our house to make calls. A few years later, everyone was carrying GSM handsets around. In my first year in University, I was a celebrity in class cos I had a second hand, Pentium 3 Dell Inspiron and many people did assignments on my system. By my 3rd year, everyone was carrying Core2Duo HP laptops. As far as real welfare goes, poverty rate has massively increased, inflation and cost of living has far exceeded the growth in income, every doctor I know that graduates school goes abroad for greener pastures. So what "progress" are you talking about?
Waoh! You typed a novella. grin But it's crappy to say the least. You goofed on the university ranking thing and started pretending it doesn't matter after you glowed and burnt trying to put Kenya on top of Nigeria by all means.That's bygone already. I already made my point and everyone could see it.
See how hard you tried to clear your mess after goofing at the onset that Taiwan and Hong Kong never wanted to have anything to do with China and got schooled. In your desperation you brought in countries like Scotland and Catalonia; countries that do not even have national currencies.grin. This is hilarious. Next time verify your facts.
And I can see you finally dropped your silly blanket claim that no country could be more corrupt than Nigeria. You can spare us stories about your family next time, please on an open forum like this. No matter the point you are trying to buttress,such never look good. grin Seriously, we can do without it. And to make nonsense of your claim that there is no progress made in Nigeria outside telecommunications, I can tell you that in agriculture, there is progress. In infrastructure, I don't think there is any African country that has not made some progress somewhat except of course "your country, Nigeria". grin. In banking and local content in our downstream oil industry-- there is progress. Small steps but of course steady steps.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 1:41pm On Aug 21, 2018
Daejoyoung:

Nigerians are the most educated immigrants in the U.S. You can do your research on that. So don't come here to spew your hardworking nonsense with nothing valuable to show for it.
That guy you quoted is an old fool. Has he ever made sense to you?He is a pig in a can.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 1:45pm On Aug 21, 2018
Kazikazi:
But ur dying for a lack of it.ur fellow kenyan posted sunflowers u kept quiet.hypocrite.
They import corn from Ethiopia and raw eggs from Uganda. grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 1:53pm On Aug 21, 2018
kikuyu1:

Blah! Blah! Blah! Blah! Even though you try to be at least semi cerebral,you're L-I-M-I-T-E-D! Just so you know I'm here to learn new things and share the little knowledge I have-not to exchange playground idiocies with delirious 'tards!
Intelligent people,here is the upcoming blue economy,conference slated for Nairobi in November.

http://www.blueeconomyconference.go.ke/the-conference/

Some ofc will never understand why we're reviving the KNSL-let them stew in their congenital ignorance! Its not your duty to volunteer to wash/feed/change diapers of morons.
Kikuyu1, take my advice. This anger will only give you high blood pressure. I have listed what you need to achieve your lofty aim of being Africa's biggest economy by 2050 like you opined. Feel free to revisit my post. Your debt and level of corruption would always hold you back.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kur17: 2:02pm On Aug 21, 2018
obaaderemi:
Kikuyu1, take my advice. This anger will only give you high blood pressure. I have listed what you need to achieve your lofty aim of being Africa's biggest economy by 2050 like you opined. Feel free to revisit my post. Your debt and level of corruption would always hold you back.

Is bad when citizens esp youths have been given easy access to loans? For me I think it's a positive thing
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 2:03pm On Aug 21, 2018
Daejoyoung:
Hardworking in what
As in washing deadibodi. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 2:05pm On Aug 21, 2018
Kur17:

Is bad when citizens esp youths have been given easy access to loans? For me I think it's a positive thing
You have zilch knowledge of economics, my boy. It's actually negative in the long and short run.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 2:09pm On Aug 21, 2018
Daejoyoung:

Nigerian immigrants feature consistently at the top, you said it yourself, so what is the arguement about? How does the 2016 data alone disprove this fact?
He is clearly an idiot. How come Little India fails to feature consistently? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 2:10pm On Aug 21, 2018
I am not sure how that graph is suppose to mean anything. Kenya is cusp of financial revolution and anybody with phone can borrow.
obaaderemi:
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 2:12pm On Aug 21, 2018
Kenya has always featured amongst the most educated and most hardworking diaspora - of course we didn't have big diaspora until 90s when our economy tanked - and right now - the number has decreased - nobody is dying to emigrate from kenya because there are opportunities to study and work in Kenya...so much oil rich nigeria citizens are pouring in. Nigeria will continue with brain drain until they sort out their internal issues.
obaaderemi:
He is clearly an idiot. How come Little India fails to feature consistently? grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 2:14pm On Aug 21, 2018
Economics from Nigeria university. That most moronic statement of the day. Kenyans is advancing thanks to these kind of micro-loans.
obaaderemi:
You have zilch knowledge of economics, my boy. It's actually negative in the long and short run.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kur17: 2:16pm On Aug 21, 2018
obaaderemi:
Hahaa dude it depends with what you use it for..., Kenya being in that list must be because of the government's efforts to empower youths, were youth groups are given loans without any interest or collateral... Also banks have their special loans for youths with 12% interest &without any collateral, you can also access upto 70k Ksh thru your phone in a matter of minutes....that can't be a negative

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 2:16pm On Aug 21, 2018
rvp2018:
I am not sure how that graph is suppose to mean anything. Kenya is cusp of financial revolution and anybody with phone can borrow.

His problem is he's surrounded by typically low IQ Dangotelanders who tell him how clever he is and like each and every idiocy he writes so he'll never escape from mental blankness or learn anything meaningful.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jaycent(m): 2:19pm On Aug 21, 2018
rvp2018:
The joke of the century smiley
Keep decieving yourself with those ugly and rubbish pics you're posting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 2:27pm On Aug 21, 2018
Digital lending that is happening now in Kenya is the cutting-edge stuff these nigerians bozo cannot comprehend. They are so backward - it no wonder they are siamese twins with our lazy & primitive southern neighbours TZ.
kikuyu1:

His problem is he's surrounded by typically low IQ Dangotelanders who tell him how clever he is and like each and every idiocy he writes so he'll never escape from mental blankness or learn anything meaningful.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NigeriaIsDoomed: 2:39pm On Aug 21, 2018
obaaderemi:
As in washing deadibodi. grin
And serving their Indian bosses in America grin grin grin while their parents are dying in Kibera like these pic below

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jaycent(m): 3:25pm On Aug 21, 2018
NigeriaIsDoomed:
And serving their Indian bosses in America grin grin grin while their parents are dying in Kibera like these pic below
Hahahahahaha grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 3:43pm On Aug 21, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

This is a bit of a wasted history, geography and politics lesson. What's your point? Where have I stated that every autonomous entity has the exact same level of autonomy? Where was that ever my argument? The only thing I sought to refute was his claim that autonomy and independence were somehow the same thing. Which is wrong. That is all.

My point is simple. Do not juxtapose 2 almost entirely different situations just because they share the same English title in a bid to prove your point.
Your analogy can be somewhat compared to the claim that killing an infant rat is the same with killing a baby as long as they are both infants and killing was equally involved.

The Autonomy of Hong Kong and Tibet for example should never be juxtaposed just to prove a point cos they are in no way analogous except for the fact that they share the same english title. It reeks of desperation to prove a point and shallowness.

Oh, and you come to my point. Hong Kong citizens only support Chinese unification as long as they retain the immense privileges of autonomy they enjoy which makes them almost a sovereign entity. China is very important to Hong Kong's economy and they need to milk the wealth of the richest Chinese who reside and run businesses in Hong Kong. The day the Chinese government look to upend the liberties of Hong Kong citizens is the day they sharply lose support. Even now, a plurality of Hong Kong youth below 25 favour complete independence from China.

Can I ask you a question bro?
Have you read the Sino-British joint declaration of Dec 19, 1984? If no, then please try to read it.
I bet you haven't done that otherwise you won't continue exerting your energy over HK issues with China.

Hong Kong can never be independent of China, it would be very unfeasible.
Hong Kong is living on borrowed time. In less than 30 years from now (2047), China has the right to do whatever it pleases with Hong Kong according to the joint Sino-British agreement of 1984.
I attached a screenshot of part of the agreement below for you to read.

You thinking Hong Kong is milking out the Chinese rescources by a joint union shows how far you are from reality. You should know that the Chinese are smarter than that.
The Chinese just continue fattening Hong Kong (the cow) for the day of slaughter grin

And yes, China are obsessed with Taiwan. Hence the Chinese government throwing a tantrum because Trump even spoke the Taiwanese leader. Taiwan just want to be left in peace. China are the ones looking to impose their will on Taiwan, which Taiwan resists.

Taiwan belongs to China. Is Taiwan an independent nation? Did they ever declare independence with a unique name?
How can someone be obsessed over what he owns?

You know, the fact that China refused to take over Taiwan by force till now proved to many 'China haters/slanderers' that China is really not that mean dominating boss that the West tries to depict them.

Well, as long as Taiwan keeps on playing by the rules of China, they are safe.
The capitalist loosers of Taiwan should face the reality that they have lost the battle forever. They are living on borrowed time too just like HK.

The EU is an economic bloc. It's popularity is in its utility value to EU citizens who can get to freely trade and travel across borders. When you ask Europeans where they're from, they'd still tell you whether they are German, French, British, Italian, Spanish, Swiss, Danish, Greek etc. That is where their true pride lies: in their heritage. Nobody says, "I'm from the EU". grin
EVerything else you're talking about is economic blocs.

Yes, they will tell you that the EU is just an economic bloc. Yeah right. They won't tell you that one huge benefit/motive of the EU to them is the desire to be able to balance the huge world influence of the likes of Russia, China and even the US.
Europe strongly knows that without the EU, they would be like Sheep without a Shepherd before Russia (the wolf).
Besides, check the definition of the EU again, it was created to be and function as a political union as well.
It was never meant to be an Economic union alone as they have pure political agenda as well.
So, you are wrong here.

Of course no one would really expect Europeans to drop their national/ethnic identifications any time soon. These have been their identities for centuries/millenia. They conquered the world with these identities.
They cannot drop it for an identity only few decades old.
This however does not mean that they have no pride of the EU identity especially when it comes to world politics and how much it gives them a greater bargainning power as a major world power.

FYI, the concepts of a united East African Federation or united Arab federation supercedes a mere economic bloc. They were meant to be full fledged political unions. Go and read about them again.

The most ridiculous part is the one about Yugoslavs. Those guys hated each other with a passion: they'd happily have slaughtered themselves if bigger powers didn't intervene. Croats, Albanians, Bosnians and Montenegrin absolutely despise Serbs. grin Till today, everytime they meet each other in football matches, massive security is deployed to forestall violence breaking out and violence still breaks out. When Xhaka and Shaqiri (both ethnic Albanians from Kosovo) scored for Switzerland against Serbia, both of them went to taunt the Serbian fans who booed them throughout.

I'm well aware of this. I never said that all former Yugoslavians love each other and are pro unity. Many of them are, many of them aren't.
I can give you links of numerous pro unity former Yugoslavians of top personalities if you wish.

There is no "self-deception" in saying people from small countries are happy to be who they are. Scandinavians have far more in common than many Nigerian tribes, but they are happy to be Swedes or Norwegians or Danes or Icelandic people. They don't care to be one big country to boost their egos. Swiss people are mostly ethnic Germans, but are more than happy to be little Switzerland. Belgium is made up of ethnic Dutch and French people, but they are happy to be Belgian. jInfact, the French part, Wallonia, have many citizens who wish to form their own republic separate from the Flemish people. Tiny countries like Leichtenstein, Faroe Islands and San Marino who have smaller populations than some universities in Nigeria don't care to join anyone. You find it difficult to understand that many people aren't driven by vain nationalism, but by patriotism. Nationalism and patriotism can seem synonymous, but they are entirely different concepts.

Scandinavians of today would see no pressing reason to come together in a big political union when they split from each other just about a century. However, that does not mean that such a notion is completely non-existent.

Are you aware of the Nordic council which was formed in 1952? If no, Please read about it completely. Here's the wiki link below if you like.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordic_Council

Loool @ the emboldened. If the 13 states of the North East and North West of Nigeria were countries on its own, it'd be the poorest in the world. Bar none. I can think of a host of countries considered "3rd world" across Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Latin America that I would easily trade for if I was to be reincarnated into this world. Anyone suggesting otherwise is in deep denial

During the old regional government, the Northern region of Nigeria was not regressive as it is today. It was progressive.
The curse of oil is one of the main troubles of the north today, as core-northern elites see the current 'settings' of their people to be the best mode of continued access to National power.

Goodluck to you if you think there are other 3rd world countries you can trade your Nigerian citizenship for. That's your problem not mine.

I don't see the relevance of the last paragraph. No one is arguing about what we need to do to fix the country. This is about those who wouldn't even concede how deep the problems of the country are.

Of course you won't see it, cos people like you rather prefer we slander Nigeria day and night without rendering any positive word of hope.

But really, how do you guys feel, slandering Nigeria from when you wake up in the morning to when you go back to sleep and continue the next day?

Had it been your likes usually proffer and work towards any solutions to the country's problems amidst your slandering charade, then it would be at least worth something.
I'll feel like a coward and failure if all I can do is condemn Nigeria without actively working towards a solution to the betterment of the country.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 3:48pm On Aug 21, 2018
Kur17:

Hahaa dude it depends with what you use it for..., Kenya being in that list must be because of the government's efforts to empower youths, were youth groups are given loans without any interest or collateral... Also banks have their special loans for youths with 12% interest &without any collateral, you can also access upto 70k Ksh thru your phone in a matter of minutes....that can't be a negative
I am going to take the trouble to reply you because you sound like someone who is smart and calm,not like the old idiots Kikuyu1 and rsvp who know nothing about economics. They should face their fundi vocations. grin [b]Yes, what you see in that chart relates to household debt and I want you to pay attention to how it affects national economies. Higher household debt like in the case of little India Kenya results in more consumption by households and individuals and a larger share of your economic output coming from consumption grin. At the same time it results in your country running a current account deficit with the rest of the world especially the western world and China. I tried to discuss this with rsvp and Kikuyu in the past but they thought we were enemies and couldn't learn anything from one another.grin They were ignorantly boasting about Kenya's trade deficit. The illiterates!
So,your imports increase with consumption making up a larger share of the imports. For example, a 20year old Nairobi boys gets a loan and immediately spends it on a second hand Nike shoes grin. Check Kenya's balance of trade and you will be dismayed unless you are one of the economic illiterates here. FYI, the world bank and IMF are already warning Kenya. Plus the fact that the whole thing is a big danger to your already puny banking sector. So you see why sensible people came up with that chart and why I have posted it. Honestly, I have not said all of this to shame Kenyan education but for the benefit of a few sensible Kenyans who might be students[/b].
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Obi1kenobi(m): 4:39pm On Aug 21, 2018
obaaderemi:
Waoh! You typed a novella. grin But it's crappy to say the least. You goofed on the university ranking thing and started pretending it doesn't matter after you glowed and burnt trying to put Kenya on top of Nigeria by all means.That's bygone already. I already made my point and everyone could see it.
See how hard you tried to clear your mess after goofing at the onset that Taiwan and Hong Kong never wanted to have anything to do with China and got schooled. In your desperation you brought in countries like Scotland and Catalonia; countries that do not even have national currencies.grin. This is hilarious. Next time verify your facts.
And I can see you finally dropped your silly blanket claim that no country could be more corrupt than Nigeria. You can spare us stories about your family next time, please on an open forum like this. No matter the point you are trying to buttress,such never look good. grin Seriously, we can do without it. And to make nonsense of your claim that there is no progress made in Nigeria outside telecommunications, I can tell you that in agriculture, there is progress. In infrastructure, I don't think there is any African country that has not made some progress somewhat except of course "your country, Nigeria". grin. In banking and local content in our downstream oil industry-- there is progress. Small steps but of course steady steps.

Firstly, it's a bit of a jerk move arrogating victory to yourself in an argument with delusional claims about "dealing with" or "schooling" someone. Juvenile, playground, embarrassing stuff. Perhaps, allow others do that for you based on their own appraisal of the cogency and lucidity of your points. Else, you just look desperate.

Secondly, there was never a place I claimed Hong Kong wants nothing to do with China. That was a specific claim I made about Taiwan, which is true. For Hong Kong, I specifically said the overwhelming majority of the population favor it's broad autonomy from China, while an emerging youth population favour a complete break. But I guess when you're more interested in one-upmanship, deliberately misrepresenting one's argument and arguing against the strawman you fabricated is the way to go.

You continue with the distinctions about currency, as if that changes anything about your absurd, broad claim that autonomy is the same thing as independence in politics. Again, autonomy has degrees of power separation and not every autonomous enclave have the same levels of autonomy. Hong Kong is the only autonomous region of any country in the world with its own currency. This makes it an exception. An extreme. You cannot define autonomy by employing an exception. The same way Nigeria's Federal system of government massively differs in structure from America's Federal system, or the same way the Danish or Finnish socialist model is different from the Venezuelan socialist model. You're only exhibiting a limited grasp of the nuances of political terms and systems, and thinking you're scoring any points with pedantry.

I didn't drop any claim. I'm not sure whether you expect me to keep chanting it like I'm reciting the rosary. I said I didn't give a shiit what TI's Corruption Perception Index states. For one, TI has an army of critics of its methodology. Secondly, by the nature of perception indexes, it is not based on hard statistical numbers, but "perception" in an array of categories. Thirdly, if you put so much faith in such indexes, this thread should have been shut a long time ago considering Nigeria ranks below Kenya in the UN Human Development Index. That should be enough to shut every other argument. And I'm sorry I bored you with my personal anecdote. Though I suspect, you'd have found it more favorable if the tale was about a negative experience in Nairobi. But apologies for the crime.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Obi1kenobi(m): 4:58pm On Aug 21, 2018
obaaderemi:

And to make nonsense of your claim that there is no progress made in Nigeria outside telecommunications, I can tell you that in agriculture, there is progress. In infrastructure, I don't think there is any African country that has not made some progress somewhat except of course "your country, Nigeria". grin. In banking and local content in our downstream oil industry-- there is progress. Small steps but of course steady steps.

In agriculture, there's progress? Yet, Nigeria was identified with Yemen, Somalia and South Sudan by the UN as the countries with the worst problems with food insecurity. There might be improvement, but a lot of it is propaganda with no hard numbers making it out like there is some agricultural revolution: like the infamous lies about how many Thailand rice mills shut down because of sharply declined demand from Nigeria.
Banking and local content in oil industry? That's really scraping the barrel. I'm talking about transformative changes and not policies that every country makes.

Nigeria's population almost doubles every 20-year cycle because we still breed like rats, so of course infrastructure has been expanded. That is growth. Not development. My childhood home for example sees less power now than when I was a kid. Some roads are better. Some are worse. Nigeria has one of the worst road networks on the planet. A study was posted here about it dome days ago, but I don't care to search. I can testify to the nightmare it is navigating the Apapa axis to work everyday. It was never so when I was younger. Your refineries still don't work. Your ports are decaying. Your airports are some of the most embarrassing eyesores on earth. What infrastructure are you talking about?

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kur17: 5:19pm On Aug 21, 2018
obaaderemi:
I am going to take the trouble to reply you because you sound like someone who is smart and calm,not like the old idiots Kikuyu1 and rsvp who know nothing about economics. They should face their fundi vocations. grin [b]Yes, what you see in that chart relates to household debt and I want you to pay attention to how it affects national economies. Higher household debt like in the case of little India Kenya results in more consumption by households and individuals and a larger share of your economic output coming from consumption grin. At the same time it results in your country running a current account deficit with the rest of the world especially the western world and China. I tried to discuss this with rsvp and Kikuyu in the past but they thought we were enemies and couldn't learn anything from one another.grin They were ignorantly boasting about Kenya's trade deficit. The illiterates!
So,your imports increase with consumption making up a larger share of the imports. For example, a 20year old Nairobi boys gets a loan and immediately spends it on a second hand Nike shoes grin. Check Kenya's balance of trade and you will be dismayed unless you are one of the economic illiterates here. FYI, the world bank and IMF are already warning Kenya. Plus the fact that the whole thing is a big danger to your already puny banking sector. So you see why sensible people came up with that chart and why I have posted it. Honestly, I have not said all of this to shame Kenyan education but for the benefit of a few sensible Kenyans who might be students[/b].

And that's why I said it depends how someone spends the cash loans, non-performing loans stands at 8.9.%(Nigeria almost 5%) that's not such a dim figure on the Kenyan side considering the percentage of population who have loans,https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.ceicdata.com/en/indicator/kenya/non-performing-loans-ratio/amp&ved=2ahUKEwiHsZ-mv_7cAhVLlxoKHUb8Ad0QFjABegQICBAB&usg=AOvVaw0Mo3wITwp_EdQXM-6K9qUw&ampcf=1 it also shows the positive impact is higher than negative....about the IMF warning,, it was all about public debt, this chart is not about public debt

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:36pm On Aug 21, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

No. Still hasn't register which time you're talking about.
And no, my friend, autonomy and independence are not the same thing in politics. Hong Kong, Macau, Tibet, Catalonia, the Basque country, Scotland, Dubai, the Palestinian territories, Chechnya etc are autonomous. They are not independent. I don't care to distract myself in a tedious back-and-forth explaining the finer details of the difference just to satisfy your pedantry.

No, my friend. There is absolute squat that Taiwanese "envy" about China. They certainly fear China's expansionist agenda, but they don't give a shiit about China. It's the reverse instead: China are obsessed with Taiwan when Taiwan has long moved on from historical events. This is why they fear the threat of China. Envying a country because of its geopolitical power is just a vanity trip driven by nationalism. Taiwanese have no reason to envy China because smaller nations aren't driven by nationalistic egos. It's the Chinas and Russias and Irans and Nigerias of the world who are obsessed with such vanities.

On the premise that I was born, raised and lived here my whole life to see for myself the deep rot in every sector. Anyone who has done business in this country can attest to the bureaucratic maze he has to navigate in bribes and kickbacks. A few months ago, I reported a case of impersonation and fraud to the police, and despite parting with N50,000 just to even open the case at their Festac division office, there was no traction at all as the clowns told me I have to sponsor officers on a trip to Delta to nab the perpetrator that they identified after a petition to MTN who tracked the fraudster - which would have set me back another N200k. My brother and I could write an entire book on our experiences with deep malfeasance in the Nigerian police alone. Infact, because of his own experience with the police in a scam case that he is still pursuing today after 8 years and hundreds of thousands spent seeking justice, he advised me not to open my case at the police, but I ignored him and regretted it. This is just the police alone.
So yeah, my premise is based on my experiences.

Please why don't you try investing in ghana , kenya ,south africa or ethiopia it is less problematic and the people also want to develop. The big problem in nigeria the people will only support a criminal. It was the same for me until I parked out of the country everyday idiots were giving me problems, now I'm in another african country employed 32 people. Ghana is not too far away and the people are really friendly and like investors.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:57pm On Aug 21, 2018
Daejoyoung:

You are either a Kenyan or a wannabe biafran.

I am not an igbo or a biafra I am the future.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Obi1kenobi(m): 6:03pm On Aug 21, 2018
Nowenuse:

My point is simple. Do not juxtapose 2 almost entirely different situations just because they share the same English title in a bid to prove your point.
Your analogy can be somewhat compared to the claim that killing an infant rat is the same with killing a baby as long as they are both infants and killing was equally involved.

The Autonomy of Hong Kong and Tibet for example should never be juxtaposed just to prove a point cos they are in no way analogous except for the fact that they share the same english title. It reeks of desperation to prove a point and shallowness.

And my point is that this was a pointless "point". I need no education on the degree of autonomy Hong Kong has and I have addressed that. All I sought to do was draw a distinction between the concept of autonomy and independence which the other guy claimed were pretty much synonymous political terms. Your further going on to draw a distinction between Hong Kong and other autonomous entities is irrelevant to what was being argued. It's just gratuitous pedantry.

Can I ask you a question bro?
Have you read the Sino-British joint declaration of Dec 19, 1984? If no, then please try to read it.
I bet you haven't done that otherwise you won't continue exerting your energy over HK issues with China.

Hong Kong can never be independent of China, it would be very unfeasible.
Hong Kong is living on borrowed time. In less than 30 years from now (2047), China has the right to do whatever it pleases with Hong Kong according to the joint Sino-British agreement of 1984.
I attached a screenshot of part of the agreement below for you to read.

You thinking Hong Kong is milking out the Chinese rescources by a joint union shows how far you are from reality. You should know that the Chinese are smarter than that.
The Chinese just continue fattening Hong Kong (the cow) for the day of slaughter grin

I get exhausted entering arguments here, cos often, whether due to misinterpretation of my points, or deliberate distortion, I find myself needing too many clarifications. You've argued against points that I didn't even make here. My simple points about Hong Kong are:
1) Hong Kong is an autonomous territory in China which functions very close to a fully independent republic.
2) This autonomy/near-independence is what makes their union with China palatable, which means China still enjoys support among the Hong Kongese. It helps that they were never enemies to start with. But with a GDP per capita over 5 times that of China, and personal liberties and press freedoms that are unobtainable in China, Hong Kong citizens want to preserve their unique status and as long as China acquiesces to these demands, there will be no agitation in Hong Kong for independence. At worst, Hong Kong will retain a similar status to Macau. Hong Kong will never be like just any other Chinese province. The day China wishes to impose that on Hong Kong will be the day a huge independence movement is born.

Taiwan belongs to China. Is Taiwan an independent nation? Did they ever declare independence with a unique name?
How can someone be obsessed over what he owns?

You know, the fact that China refused to take over Taiwan by force till now proved to many 'China haters/slanderers' that China is really not that mean dominating boss that the West tries to depict them.

Well, as long as Taiwan keeps on playing by the rules of China, they are safe.
The capitalist loosers of Taiwan should face the reality that they have lost the battle forever. They are living on borrowed time too just like HK.

This is more arguments where we can't even keep track of what the argument was about. I have only stated here that the Taiwanese want nothing to do with China. Nothing else here is relevant. Taiwan do not care to reunite with China. That's the simple fact. They don't give a shiit about joining China. They assert their independence and no longer stake any claim on the Chinese Mainland, so whatever name they were answering is irrelevant history. RIGHT NOW, Taiwanese people have their own identity, are proud of all they've accomplished, are proud of all their freedoms, and do not wish to reunite with China. Simple. There is an uneasy truce between China and the Western powers that as long as Taiwan receives no recognition of independence from the international community, China would not escalate to violence in seeking reunification. So Taiwan has learnt to mind their own business and keep a low profile. But majority of Taiwanese people really do not give a shiit about China.

Yes, they will tell you that the EU is just an economic bloc. Yeah right. They won't tell you that one huge benefit/motive of the EU to them is the desire to be able to balance the huge world influence of the likes of Russia, China and even the US.
Europe strongly knows that without the EU, they would be like Sheep without a Shepherd before Russia (the wolf).
Besides, check the definition of the EU again, it was created to be and function as a political union as well.
It was never meant to be an Economic union alone as they have pure political agenda as well.
So, you are wrong here.

Of course no one would really expect Europeans to drop their national/ethnic identifications any time soon. These have been their identities for centuries/millenia. They conquered the world with these identities.
They cannot drop it for an identity only few decades old.
This however does not mean that they have no pride of the EU identity especially when it comes to world politics and how much it gives them a greater bargainning power as a major world power.

FYI, the concepts of a united East African Federation or united Arab federation supercedes a mere economic bloc. They were meant to be full fledged political unions. Go and read about them again.

These unions would never, ever replace national identity or prestige or even come close to it. Again, these unions are mostly meant to facilitate greater economic exchange and present a common political front on some issues, but nobody will ever going around putting his EU membership over his national identity. There is no "pride" in the EU identity. Infact, it can hardly even be called an "identity" like one's family or kin or nationality. It's just basically a membership club where you pay for certain privileges.

I'm well aware of this. I never said that all former Yugoslavians love each other and are pro unity. Many of them are, many of them aren't.
I can give you links of numerous pro unity former Yugoslavians of top personalities if you wish.

You can find people with extreme opinions in every society. Its not worth making that a point of reference. The overwhelming majority of Croats, or Albanians, or Bosnians, or Slovenians, or Montenegrin, or Kosovars want nothing to do with any union with Serbia. Same way many ex-Soviet states despise Russia. The Baltic states in particular would happily join any NATO war to kick Russian butt. Russia fomented a civil war in Ukraine, because the Ukrainians wanted to leave the Russian sphere of influence. Same thing happened with Georgia. Deal with the simple fact that many nations care about more substantive things that matter to its citizens than attaching themselves to big countries to massage their egos.

Scandinavians of today would see no pressing reason to come together in a big political union when they split from each other just about a century. However, that does not mean that such a notion is completely non-existent.

Are you aware of the Nordic council which was formed in 1952? If no, Please read about it completely. Here's the wiki link below if you like.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordic_Council

What's the relevance of this? Scandinavian nations have close relationships. The point is that they are not a country and never desired to be one. They are happy to be Swedes and Danes etc. Even tiny Faroe Islands with just about 50,000 people wish to govern themselves though they use Denmark's currency and are protected by the Danish military.

During the old regional government, the Northern region of Nigeria was not regressive as it is today. It was progressive.
The curse of oil is one of the main troubles of the north today, as core-northern elites see the current 'settings' of their people to be the best mode of continued access to National power.

Goodluck to you if you think there are other 3rd world countries you can trade your Nigerian citizenship for. That's your problem not mine.

Yes, it's my problem. Is there a place I said it was your problem before?

Of course you won't see it, cos people like you rather prefer we slander Nigeria day and night without rendering any positive word of hope.

But really, how do you guys feel, slandering Nigeria from when you wake up in the morning to when you go back to sleep and continue the next day?

Had it been your likes usually proffer and work towards any solutions to the country's problems amidst your slandering charade, then it would be at least worth something.
I'll feel like a coward and failure if all I can do is condemn Nigeria without actively working towards a solution to the betterment of the country.

A lot of self-righteous nonsense here. I've never held a political post in my life. I rejected even prefect roles in school. I'm an introvert and largely keep to myself. Simply living up to my civic responsibilities is doing my job as a citizen. I don't know if you're expecting me to run for President or something. I live up to my own responsibilities. I'm that "bad belle" guy that scolds people on the street for littering the ground or urinating in public. When I was a Corper, I once had a problem with teachers in the school I was posted to because I discouraged students from cheating in exams. I was doing my duty, but to them I was trying to spoil the results of their students. I can bet you those are the kind of people that beat their chests about Nigeria and bleat about how great the country is.
What exactly is your point here, oh sanctimonious one. What do you want me to do to make the country better. Oya, tell me.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:41pm On Aug 21, 2018
Kenyanstar:
Nigerians are busy tail loving Tanzanian pictures, have they now like accepted that Tanzania is better in comparison to even Nigeria.

The truth is tanzania is better than nigeria much better

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jaycent(m): 6:57pm On Aug 21, 2018
sufferNsmiling:

The truth is tanzania is better than nigeria much better
And they are better than Kenya and Ghana by farrrr.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 7:00pm On Aug 21, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

In agriculture, there's progress? Yet, Nigeria was identified with Yemen, Somalia and South Sudan by the UN as the countries with the worst problems with food insecurity. There might be improvement, but a lot of it is propaganda with no hard numbers making it out like there is some agricultural revolution: like the infamous lies about how many Thailand rice mills shut down because of sharply declined demand from Nigeria.
Banking and local content in oil industry? That's really scraping the barrel. I'm talking about transformative changes and not policies that every country makes.

Nigeria's population almost doubles every 20-year cycle because we still breed like rats, so of course infrastructure has been expanded. That is growth. Not development. My childhood home for example sees less power now than when I was a kid. Some roads are better. Some are worse. Nigeria has one of the worst road networks on the planet. A study was posted here about it dome days ago, but I don't care to search. I can testify to the nightmare it is navigating the Apapa axis to work everyday. It was never so when I was younger. Your refineries still don't work. Your ports are decaying. Your airports are some of the most embarrassing eyesores on earth. What infrastructure are you talking about?
Of course not,how can you see any progress in Nigerian agriculture since you've programmed yourself not to see such? How can I be surprised such is coming from a man who diligently scrapped the bottom of the barrel to place Kenya ahead of Nigeria in university ranking?
Currently Nigeria is Africa's biggest producer of raw eggs and we definitely produce far more chicken than we used to due to more awareness and certain policies. Our banking is important in our industrial sector and certain reforms have propelled the sector forward since 1999. The oil sector too is much better. Nowhere did anyone say Nigeria has made giant steps but certainly there's progress. And infrastructure wise too--the rail sector is being taken more seriously. But of course like I said this cuts across Africa. The refineries can't work if they continue to be in government hands and we all know there are moves by the private sector to solve that case. Nigeria is not a basket case like some of you like to trumpet. Yes, there is progress no matter what people like you say. grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by wizzzmike: 7:08pm On Aug 21, 2018
mtis:

America wants skilled immigrants not fake papers..An that the difference btw Kenyans an naijas grin grin

" Kenyan immigrants working in the US have been ranked as the third most industrious foreigners.
Kenyan workers scored 73.4 per cent to emerge third in the list of the hardest and most skilled immigrant groups in the US, according a 2018 report by Bloomberg. "

The research ranks Ghanaians grin and Bulgarians at positions one and two, with 75.2 per cent and 74.2 per cent, respectively

I laugh and it's funny when lazy youth Nigerians call us Ghanaians lazy
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 7:14pm On Aug 21, 2018
jaycent:
Keep decieving yourself with those ugly and rubbish pics you're posting.

Why did you stop posting Abuja and Lagos?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2190) (2191) (2192) (2193) (2194) (2195) (2196) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 162
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.