Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,654 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (289) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6204361 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by cheruv: 9:24pm On Jan 07, 2017
shizzy7:
They will forever be your obsession ....
My obsession or your obsession
That's why I say Yoruba people should remove their eyes from Igbo affairs... The pokenosing is becoming very nauseating angry
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Pavore9: 9:24pm On Jan 07, 2017
shizzy7:
Where there are fraudsters, there are also good Nigerians and that's the way it is in every country of the world.
That's their palava, I no fit halla this night.

Of course and that is why l used "some". I live in Nairobi and know the score.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by shizzy7(f): 9:40pm On Jan 07, 2017
cheruv:

My obsession or your obsession
That's why I say Yoruba people should remove their eyes from Igbo affairs... The pokenosing is becoming very nauseating angry

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu2: 3:19pm On Jan 08, 2017
Ok,Pazienza , I've been following up the whole Ibo thing for a while and now I've seen the big picture though I may have missed some details and here's my conclusion. YOU GUYS WERE NEVER AS INNOCENT AS YOU INSIST.

-almost all the officers in the first coup were Ibo, a crucial fact whether or nor it was an Ibo coup
-didn't the coup plotters kill N leaders and wives? And brag about it?!
-didn't many Ibos in N areas celebrate these atrocities? Didn't an Ibo at this time compose a song 'goats are crying' to mock the Fulani?
-how did 50k FG troop die in the war? Doesn't that figure exclude 'genocide' claims?
-Yes, 3 mn Ibos died,mainly of starvation but food was a legit weapon of war in these pre ICC days
-a Yoruba leader promised to seceed but Yorubas stayed with the FG and you've abused them ever since. Frankly,they'd have served as a mere speed bump in the way of the FG

Imo,these actions were based on HUBRIS!! Overweening arrogance and contempt for the abilities of others.
-didn't Zik publicly and repeatedly call for Ibos to dominate Naij and Africa?
-didn't he admit Onitsha meant 'we despise others'?
-what made Ojukwu , a trained officer imagine he could defeat the whole FG with tiny Biafra??

Are we not seeing the same ish with IPOB and Biafra even posing with the Zionist flag?Srsly its time to abandon unhelpful attitudes.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jan 08, 2017
MtuMsuper:

ok then. When I was in highschool, we read several books from Nigerian authors not least Things Fall Apart and The Concubine by the late greats Chinua Achebe and Elechi Amadi respectively. I still have both books with me. Both mention the Osu or outcast phenomenon.
Luos of Kenya have several names that are eerily also igbo names. To wit : Okoro, Agumbah, Okech(a), Oguta that come immediately to mind.
Kikuyus of Kenya also have the name Ngige, as do igbos.
An honest response devoid of hyperbole is much appreciated.
The OSU's in Igbo culture are people regarded as properties of deities (chi/alusi/agbara) .In other words, they are dedicated to oracles.In ancient pre-colonial times, they commanded respect and instill fear because a crime committed against an OSU is termed as a crime committed against the gods of the land .
when a man commits a crime that entails grievous punishment such as death,he can run to their communal diety and do the necessary rites to become an osu-after which his indiscretion is absolved. Some other people who as a result of unfavorable conditions above their authority or laziness ,couldn't feed themselves can also become OSU's. people captured in battle can also become OSU's if the winning party dedicates them to their deity.A child born of an OSU is automatically an OSU.The OSU lives on offerings offered to the gods. lands of people whom the gods purportedly killed as a result of various indiscretion (ala ikugbu onye nsi) are lived and toiled on by the osu.In fact the OSU can use without payment or questioning any property dedicated to the communal deity ,but the OSU can never take a chieftaincy title in his community or marry a non-osu of his community.
however,the biggest sub-clan of the Igbo (Ngwa )mostly didn't practice this caste system so,an OSU who migrated to Ngwa land was treated no differently as other indigenes. As for Kenyans answering Igbo like names, I can't offer any explanation because the origin of the Igbo is still an ambiguous topic till date.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jan 08, 2017
iblawi:

You now know West Africa and Nigeria better than we do right?

All am telling you is that we have many languages spoken across border here in West Africa too. Pigin English is very common not only in West Africa and it spoken by both literate and illiterate. What more can be indigenous to us.

You don't have to go to school to learn Pigin English just like English men don't need school to speak English and a French man don't need school to speak French.
Pidgin English is not an African language but the corruption of a Germanic language native to Europe.
In essence you are boasting about an imported language imported to West Africa and corrupted
Swahili is a Bantu language, developed for over a thousand years on the East African coast.
MTU means the same be it Swahili, Zulu,Kongo or Baroste.
Swahili remains the only AFRICAN language that is a lingua franca

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jan 08, 2017
eduj , a few questions if you don't mind.

Do the Osu possess alot of land and /or property?

Are they believed to have supernatural abilities? Like diviners? What do they do?

Are there people still being dedicated?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jan 08, 2017
Muafrika2:

eduj , a few questions if you don't mind.

Do the Osu possess alot of land and /or property?

Are they believed to have supernatural abilities? Like diviners? What do they do?

Are there people still being dedicated?

an OSU can't possess land but can make use of the lands dedicated to his deity.
Generally people believed that their communal deity would punish them for physically acting against an OSU (to kill an OSU then ,was seen as an abomination) .I don't think NDE OSU where ever thought to posses mystic powers-that honour goes to the chief priests or in some cases,the oldest living first son (okpara ukwu).
To the best of my knowledge, the OSU caste system became obsolete in most Igbo communities with the advent of Christianity. But I expect that their would be communities where the discrimination would be considerable.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jan 08, 2017
eduj:

an OSU can't possess land but can make use of the lands dedicated to his deity.
Generally people believed that their communal deity would punish them for physically acting against an OSU (to kill an OSU then ,was seen as an abomination) .I don't think NDE OSU where ever thought to posses mystic powers-that honour goes to the chief priests or in some cases,the oldest living first son (okpara ukwu).
To the best of my knowledge, the OSU caste system became obsolete in most Igbo communities with the advent of Christianity. But I expect that their would be communities where the discrimination would be considerable.
Thanx
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by PissedYagami(m): 10:53pm On Jan 08, 2017
Where is everyone??
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Ugosample(m): 11:38pm On Jan 08, 2017
kikuyu2:
Ok,Pazienza , I've been following up the whole Ibo thing for a while and now I've seen the big picture though I may have missed some details and here's my conclusion. YOU GUYS WERE NEVER AS INNOCENT AS YOU INSIST.

-almost all the officers in the first coup were Ibo, a crucial fact whether or nor it was an Ibo coup
-didn't many Ibos in N areas celebrate these atrocities? Didn't an Ibo at this time compose a song 'goats are crying' to mock the Fulani?
-how did 50k FG troop die in the war? Doesn't that figure exclude 'genocide' claims?
-Yes, 3 mn Ibos died,mainly of starvation but food was a legit weapon of war in these pre ICC days
-a Yoruba leader promised to seceed but Yorubas stayed with the FG and you've abused them ever since. Frankly,they'd have served as a mere speed bump in the way of the FG

Imo,these actions were based on HUBRIS!! Overweening arrogance and contempt for the abilities of others.
-what made Ojukwu , a trained officer imagine he could defeat the whole FG with tiny Biafra??

Are we not seeing the same ish with IPOB and Biafra even posing with the Zionist flag?Srsly its time to abandon unhelpful attitudes.

Onitsha does not mean we despise others....

The wave of killings against my people was never ever justified, no matter how you want to look at it.

My relatives that were butchered, what was their business with what happened.
Anyways I believe we should leave the past as past, but hey, the approach you are taking/the angle is not the real situation of tnings
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Ugosample(m): 11:41pm On Jan 08, 2017
GERALD710:

Pidgin English is not an African language but the corruption of a Germanic language native to Europe.
In essence you are boasting about an imported language imported to West Africa and corrupted
Swahili is a Bantu language, developed for over a thousand years on the East African coast.
MTU means the same be it Swahili, Zulu,Kongo or Baroste.
Swahili remains the only AFRICAN language that is a lingua franca

Pidgin is our own, just as Swahili is yours ...

The Jamaicans speak their patua, and I kid you not, the world knows more about their patua than any back water language (Swahili)

And to call pidgin corrupted says a lot about you.
Will you call Afrikaans a corrupted version of Dutch, as Afrikaans is basically "Pidgin Dutch"?

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 12:38am On Jan 09, 2017
Afrikaans is a Dutch dialect just as pidgin can be considered corrupted English. None is better or worse but the latter are not African. You can't compare Swahili with those two.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vicenzo(m): 2:07am On Jan 09, 2017
kikuyu2:

I see you have been feeding off Yoruba propaganda.
1. So? There were non Igbos amongst the coup plotters too?

2. What's the relevant Of this question to the question of innocence of Ndiigbo?

3.This one is straight off Yoruba propaganda. The entire country initially celebrated the success of the coup, including Igbos.
No, no Igbo musician composed any such song. The composer of that song was a Cameroonian with Ijaw mother, and it wasn't about Fulanis.

4. It simply means that the Nigerian soldiers were incompetent and despite superior unlimited fire arms supplied to them by the British, the under armed Biafran soldiers still killed them in mass, and the incompetent Nigerian soldiers took out their frustrations on innocent unarmed Biafran citizens.

5- Millions of Biafrans also died because Nigerian Egyptian mercenaries were bombing market places in Biafra filled with women and Children, they were also bombing hospitals: https://www.nairaland.com/1876613/nigerian-federal-warplanes-bomb-residential

When if you agree that starvation is a legitimate weapon of warfare, then don't turn around expecting hand of friendship with people you exerted such wicked policy on. Don't assume they will forget it all and happily move on to build your failed nation with you. Always have it at the back of your mind, that they will never see you as brothers ever again,cos you were never their brothers, and would continue till eternity to seek separate existence from you.
Japan is not co existing as same nation with USA, neither is Germany coexisting as same nation with Israel. Boundaries had ensured those wronged healed and were able to forgive those who wronged them
and that both parties moved on. Same will do for Biafra and Nigeria.

6- I don't understand this part of your post.

7- Zik never did such. By the way, I wonder what you mean by the word " dominate".
8- You were really well fed with Yoruboid junks. Onitsha has no such meaning.

9- You simply have little or no knowledge of the events predating the foundation of Biafra, and as such had demonstrated poor judgement, conclusion and understanding of events.
Infact, as this juncture, I'd advise you go on a proper research on issues surrounding Biafra and stop feeding on Yoruboid faeces as sources.
Julius Nyerere was an African figure that was widely respected, you can read his take on the Biafran issue here:https://www.nairaland.com/2318977/biafran-struggle-through-eyes-julius
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MtuMsuper: 3:55am On Jan 09, 2017
Ugosample:

Pidgin is our own, just as Swahili is yours ...

The Jamaicans speak their patua, and I kid you not, the world knows more about their patua than any back water language (Swahili)

And to call pidgin corrupted says a lot about you.
Will you call Afrikaans a corrupted version of Dutch, as Afrikaans is basically "Pidgin Dutch"?

This "back water " language that you barely conceal your contempt for is taught in foreign universities. Its the quintessential African language.

7 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MtuMsuper: 3:58am On Jan 09, 2017
eduj:

The OSU's in Igbo culture are people regarded as properties of deities (chi/alusi/agbara) .In other words, they are dedicated to oracles.In ancient pre-colonial times, they commanded respect and instill fear because a crime committed against an OSU is termed as a crime committed against the gods of the land .
when a man commits a crime that entails grievous punishment such as death,he can run to their communal diety and do the necessary rites to become an osu-after which his indiscretion is absolved. Some other people who as a result of unfavorable conditions above their authority or laziness ,couldn't feed themselves can also become OSU's. people captured in battle can also become OSU's if the winning party dedicates them to their deity.A child born of an OSU is automatically an OSU.The OSU lives on offerings offered to the gods. lands of people whom the gods purportedly killed as a result of various indiscretion (ala ikugbu onye nsi) are lived and toiled on by the osu.In fact the OSU can use without payment or questioning any property dedicated to the communal deity ,but the OSU can never take a chieftaincy title in his community or marry a non-osu of his community.
however,the biggest sub-clan of the Igbo (Ngwa )mostly didn't practice this caste system so,an OSU who migrated to Ngwa land was treated no differently as other indigenes. As for Kenyans answering Igbo like names, I can't offer any explanation because the origin of the Igbo is still an ambiguous topic till date.
When I was in highschool we also read of ogbanje phenomenon and the little stone called iyi uwa (not sure about the spelling ) they were reputed to have . Do these still exist?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:10am On Jan 09, 2017
3 million killed? undecided That's the entire population of Nairobi. The hatred is justified. I don't know how anyone would get past that. Igbos must be a group of very pacified people. We would never hear the end of it if that happened to our Luo, Kalenjin, or Kikuyus. In fact, I don't see the most pacified Kenyan community getting past such a loss.

Nigeria needs alot of prayers!!!

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Ugosample(m): 6:49am On Jan 09, 2017
MtuMsuper:

This "back water " language that you barely conceal your contempt for is taught in foreign universities. Its the quintessential African language.

Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa are taught in foreign universities too(especially in American univetsities) so that counts for nothing

Raising your shoulder to disparage our llingua franca because of its origins from old English?
You people should go and sit down jare
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Ugosample(m): 6:55am On Jan 09, 2017
gallivant:
Afrikaans is a Dutch dialect just as pidgin can be considered corrupted English. None is better or worse but the latter are not African. You can't compare Swahili with those two.

And why can't you compare Swahili with the two?

Swahili probably at some point was a corrupted language too, but none of you are old enough to know...

Just as you can say English is "corrupted French" because 60-65% of English words have French origins (Due to the fact that the French colonised them 1000 years ago)

Or how say Spanish is a "corrupted" language because of its foundation in Latin.

Swahili provably has such history too
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Ugosample(m): 7:01am On Jan 09, 2017
vicenzo:

I see you have been feeding off Yoruba propaganda.
1. So? There were non Igbos amongst the coup plotters too?

2. What's the relevant Of this question to the question of innocence of Ndiigbo?

3.This one is straight off Yoruba propaganda. The entire country initially celebrated the success of the coup, including Igbos.
No, no Igbo musician composed any such song. The composer of that song was a Cameroonian with Ijaw mother, and it wasn't about Fulanis.

4. It simply means that the Nigerian soldiers were incompetent and despite superior unlimited fire arms supplied to them by the British, the under armed Biafran soldiers still killed them in mass, and the incompetent Nigerian soldiers took out their frustrations on innocent unarmed Biafran citizens.

5- Millions of Biafrans also died because Nigerian Egyptian mercenaries were bombing market places in Biafra filled with women and Children, they were also bombing hospitals: https://www.nairaland.com/1876613/nigerian-federal-warplanes-bomb-residential

When if you agree that starvation is a legitimate weapon of warfare, then don't turn around expecting hand of friendship with people you exerted such wicked policy on. Don't assume they will forget it all and happily move on to build your failed nation with you. Always have it at the back of your mind, that they will never see you as brothers ever again,cos you were never their brothers, and would continue till eternity to seek separate existence from you.
Japan is not co existing as same nation with USA, neither is Germany coexisting as same nation with Israel. Boundaries had ensured those wronged healed and were able to forgive those who wronged them
and that both parties moved on. Same will do for Biafra and Nigeria.

6- I don't understand this part of your post.

7- Zik never did such. By the way, I wonder what you mean by the word " dominate".
8- You were really well fed with Yoruboid junks. Onitsha has no such meaning.

9- You simply have little or no knowledge of the events predating the foundation of Biafra, and as such had demonstrated poor judgement, conclusion and understanding of events.
Infact, as this juncture, I'd advise you go on a proper research on issues surrounding Biafra and stop feeding on Yoruboid faeces as sources.
Julius Nyerere was an African figure that was widely respected, you can read his take on the Biafran issue here:https://www.nairaland.com/2318977/biafran-struggle-through-eyes-julius

Lol @ Yoruba propaganda....

You know the problem then was that we had no social media then, because if we did, we would have had concrete evidence-based facts on these things, not lies from either my disgruntled uncles, or lies from the other side (as you said "Yoruba propaganda"wink

All i know is that my family has moved on, and God will not let all the actors in this carnage (Gowon, Ojukwu and Awolowo amongst the others) go unpunished.

As for Biafra; well I don't know what to say

God will punish ALL of them accordingly, or he has punished them already sef
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:34am On Jan 09, 2017
MtuMsuper:

When I was in highschool we also read of ogbanje phenomenon and the little stone called iyi uwa (not sure about the spelling ) they were reputed to have . Do these still exist?
The ogbanje which deals with the death and subsequent reincarnation of a child before adulthood is still believed to exist by a faction of the Igbo (most especially the pre-1960 peeps) .The ogbanje is born to the same woman over and over again .To stop that heart breaking cycle ,the ogbanjes iyi uwa(stone linking it to the spirit world) is dug up and ceremonies done .If the ogbanje is dead its corpse can be marked or heavily mutilated- it was believed that such mutilation would encourage the ogbanje not to return to its mother. Most of the younger generation-especially those who didn't grow up in the states the igbos are indigenous to do not even know about this phenomenon.
The advent of Christianity and western education has made most Igbos to disavow the ogbanje phenomena ,but their are families that witnesses such deaths till today.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 8:22am On Jan 09, 2017
Ugosample:

Swahili probably at some point was a corrupted language too, but none of you are old enough to know...

Just as you can say English is "corrupted French" because 60-65% of English words have French origins (Due to the fact that the French colonised them 1000 years ago)

Or how say Spanish is a "corrupted" language because of its foundation in Latin.

English may have borrowed several words from French (though definitely nowhere close to the 65℅ that you claim) but the language structure is a distinct language. Pidgin on the other hand is simply English with the English language structure but having vocabulary from your local languages. Even here in Kenya our English doesn't sound exactly like the British English. I can say we have our own kind of pidgin but I can't claim that pidgin as our African language.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MtuMsuper: 8:40am On Jan 09, 2017
eduj:

The ogbanje which deals with the death and subsequent reincarnation of a child before adulthood is still believed to exist by a faction of the Igbo (most especially the pre-1960 peeps) .The ogbanje is born to the same woman over and over again .To stop that heart breaking cycle ,the ogbanjes iyi uwa(stone linking it to the spirit world) is dug up and ceremonies done .If the ogbanje is dead its corpse can be marked or heavily mutilated- it was believed that such mutilation would encourage the ogbanje not to return to its mother. Most of the younger generation-especially those who didn't grow up in the states the igbos are indigenous to do not even know about this phenomenon.
The advent of Christianity and western education has made most Igbos to disavow the ogbanje phenomena ,but their are families that witnesses such deaths till today.
Oh boy! I would love to see it in person. But it should be discouraged by all means. I believe that rational explanations are a much preferable way of thinking to superstition.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MtuMsuper: 8:47am On Jan 09, 2017
Ugosample:

Nope, Swahili is not the mate of pidgin.
English has alot of loan words from French, and your claim that it's 60-65% is outlandish to say the least. English remains a Germanic tongue and its closest relative is the Frisian tongue spoken in the Netherlands.
Swahili has bantu language at its core and loan words from Arabic, Portuguese, Turkish, Farsi due to the natal land of kiswahili being at the crossroads of ancient Indian Ocean trade and the influence of Islam.
I wonder if one can study pidgin to PhD level.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Ugosample(m): 9:01am On Jan 09, 2017
MtuMsuper:

Nope, Swahili is not the mate of pidgin.
English has alot of loan words from French, and your claim that it's 60-65% is outlandish to say the least. English remains a Germanic tongue and its closest relative is the Frisian tongue spoken in the Netherlands.
Swahili has bantu language at its core and loan words from Arabic, Portuguese, Turkish, Farsi due to the natal land of kiswahili being at the crossroads of ancient Indian Ocean trade and the influence of Islam.
I wonder if one can study pidgin to PhD level.

I see the problem...
You guys don't understand the pidgin....

Look, Pidgin has its own structure, and it is even used as a language of instruction in many parts of Nigeria, it has a good percentage of local words, and as such could be considered a distinct language.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by MtuMsuper: 9:11am On Jan 09, 2017
Ugosample:

I see the problem...
You guys don't understand the pidgin....

Look, Pidgin has its own structure, and it is even used as a language of instruction in many parts of Nigeria, it has a good percentage of local words, and as such could be considered a distinct language.
This is why we have problems in verbal communication with Nigerians. Alot of them speak pidgin to other when outside of their country, not knowing the difference between it and English, and also the fact that its mostly confined to Nigeria.
On the other hand if i were to bump into a Tanzanian or a Congolese, i would talk to them in kiswahili.

Is pidgin a regulated language with its own certification and standardization board? Has it been lobbied for use in international fora? Do they have exams for pidgin?

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by naijalander: 10:52am On Jan 09, 2017
Visit www.naijalingo.com

MtuMsuper:

This is why we have problems in verbal communication with Nigerians. Alot of them speak pidgin to other when outside of their country, not knowing the difference between it and English, and also the fact that its mostly confined to Nigeria.
On the other hand if i were to bump into a Tanzanian or a Congolese, i would talk to them in kiswahili.

Is pidgin a regulated language with its own certification and standardization board? Has it been lobbied for use in international fora? Do they have exams for pidgin?

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kenyanstar: 11:15am On Jan 09, 2017
KENYA...Am not a political person and care less of it... am a pretty nature person so I hope you will forgive me.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kenyanstar: 11:25am On Jan 09, 2017
Magical Kenya

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kenyanstar: 11:35am On Jan 09, 2017
Kenya Majestic

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jelomy: 11:45am On Jan 09, 2017
vicenzo:
In Igbo land (south eastern Nigeria), there are descendants of people who were believed to be inferior, slaves and outcasts in the past and till date they are being discriminated in their homelands, they can never intermarry or lead their superiors in anything. It's really terrible.

What type of trash is this? First of all, Igboland does not translate to SE Nigeria, as there are Igbos in South South Nigerian states of Delta( Enu-ani), Rivers( Egbema, Asa,Ndoki, ), Cross Rivers( Isobo) Akwa Ibom( Ndoki), etc and Igbos in the North, as found in Benue state, the Umuezekoha clan of Izzi.

Why are you Nigerians hell bent on mis representing my people before the rest of Africa?

No such thing as you described existed in Igboland.
Osu caste system practiced in some parts of Igboland is often mis understood and misrepresented by non Igbos like you.

Please, stop this rubbish in the future.
Damn! Why is the average Nigerian wired to be so Igbophobic.
Please what is the meaning of the colored statement?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Eastwalk(m): 1:55pm On Jan 09, 2017
A

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.