Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,032 members, 7,835,495 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (2896) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6242764 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2893) (2894) (2895) (2896) (2897) (2898) (2899) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 5:25pm On Dec 29, 2018
sufferNsmiling:
5 pages to go the funeral rites of the giant start now. I am not posting because I don't want to be banned
105 buddy.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 5:25pm On Dec 29, 2018
rvp20182:
He is Kenyan-Indian. His father started a little shop and his sons born & bred Kenyan expanded. Unlike Dangote who is interested in ripping out your intestines to buy private jets - Chandaria has donated so much - and help kenya.

Manu Chandaria the elder son - and brains behind the business - stays in Kenya and is the Chairman of the Comcraft Group. This is someone I have met and you'll be amazed by his humility. He takes time to mentor university kids.

What has Dangote done.

Chandaria Business Center at USIU Nairobi - Many Nigerians study here.
[img]https://kenyanat7.files./2013/07/usiu.jpg[/img]

dont fcking say what you dont know

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 5:28pm On Dec 29, 2018
Ibrahimanis:
The most expensive city for residential properties in Africa

This one is not showing. grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 5:30pm On Dec 29, 2018
68816419:

dont fcking say what you dont know
Somebody need to confirm it no scam like his cement and sugar businesses.Where are the pictures of his project's.You can see Manu Chandaria.It could be Dangote tax evasion gimmicks.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 5:31pm On Dec 29, 2018
darfay:

Cc 6886419, naijerlander

How true is this?
I can swear to God that the number of Nigerians in Kenya is less than 3000, the main issues with Nigerians in Kenya is that, they tends to stick together and prefer residing in a more enclosed locations instead of spreading out , aside that, most of them are students with very few hustlers.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ednited(f): 5:32pm On Dec 29, 2018
genieluv2:

Why not? So you mean all the banks in ET are locally owned? How many are they?

The government don't want that. I don't have the details for why but Abiy don't seem to have this tought.

We have more than 7 banks

CBE - commercial bank of Ethiopia is highly profitable and have the biggest customers

Zemen bank- the most advanced bank

I will try to share you pics if the network allow me to

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ednited(f): 5:33pm On Dec 29, 2018
robosky02:
I would made for you this ET meal

Then I can't wait

kikiki

This food is called 'beyaynetu'
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 5:38pm On Dec 29, 2018
BBC's largest office outside the UK is in Nairobi.CGTN is also headquartered here. We are slowly becoming Africa's epicentre for the Media Industry!

It seems everyone wants to get the Kenyan pie. Iroko TV would really have to fight Viusasa, Netflix and Iflix and not forgetting the juggernaut in YouTube which control Kenya's video streaming business! Thanks to Nairaland,I now know of it(Iroko TV) and I'm not even interested in it because I'm not a nollywood fan! grin
rvp20182:
Iroko TV is crap. Nobody will buy Nollywood anytime soon. Kenya has been there and done that.

BUNI TV (http://buni.tv/) - which I think is one Africa biggest on demand video services (South Africa with likes of Napster excluded) - already trailed blazed - before it was acquired by France's Trace TV.

http://buni.tv/

http://disrupt-africa.com/2016/06/buni-tv-acquired-by-frances-trace-tv/

Buni Media was founded in 2009 as the production vehicle for The XYZ Show, its first television project. Since then it has grown into a multimedia company with offices in Nairobi and Los Angeles.

We also have ViuSASA now trying it's magic.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 5:40pm On Dec 29, 2018
She makes conclusion of everything about Kenya without doing proper research. She just looses it every time!
t1ann:

Every tribe in kenya has cultural festivals
Just search agikikuyu cultural festivals you will get them
Luos are nilotes and they have cultural festivals
Luhyas too they have cultural festivals which involves bull fighting
You need to ask before concluding for yourself
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ednited(f): 5:40pm On Dec 29, 2018
rvp20182:
Compare Airlines with Airlines. How is Nigerian Airways doing in the ground down? Kenya Airways had a rough batch mostly due to bad bet on oil futures - but for a long time it was the most profitable Airline in Africa (if not the world). Which is why when it hit turbulences - her creditors and kenya gov - had no problem stepping in.

Kenya Airways - The Pride of Africa - will soon return to profitability as it soars high. It SSA competitors have had rough patches too - Ethiopia Airline had it's trouble - and right now South Africa Airways survival is doubtful.

I want to make a joke now. . .

Have you seen the picture you have shared

115 destination for 2021??!!!!!

ET airlines just acheived 100 destination last year and you can guess how much we have now. . . you are kind of planning for that in 2021. . . . I hope we will be alive then kikikiki

And you are talking ET has trouble kikiki

Just because I remain silent in stuffs like this, it doesn't mean I am not getting what you are saying

lol

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 5:41pm On Dec 29, 2018
t1ann:
housing is expensive in nairobi
Houses and apartments are constructed according to income levels
We dont build like nigeria where you will found a mansion next to a slum

Like this,. My friend. Nairobi host the biggest slums in the world and it's the slum capital of the world. grin

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 5:41pm On Dec 29, 2018
Get another account! I know they'll report me for telling you this ! grin
sufferNsmiling:
5 pages to go the funeral rites of the giant start now. I am not posting because I don't want to be banned
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 5:44pm On Dec 29, 2018
ednited:

The government don't want that. I don't have the details for why but Abiy don't seem to have this tought.

We have more than 7 banks

CBE - commercial bank of Ethiopia is highly profitable and have the biggest customers

Zemen bank- the most advanced bank

I will try to share you pics if the network allow me to
I think they are all gov owned and getting credit if you're not politically correct is impossible.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 5:44pm On Dec 29, 2018
Ibrahimanis:
Growth in number of millionaires

Kenya has been beaten blue black with these stats you are churning out. grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 5:45pm On Dec 29, 2018
rvp20182:
Just because some outlier report from WB said you have more property values.Dar will never beat Nairobi.Local city versus Global center of business and commerce.Few people outside Danganyika know Dar.
That's empty talk.According to World bank, Dar's properties is worth 12b while noiroberry is 9b.Do the math.
But anyway, where is your club in this big boys league? Where are you Mr kibera in this big boys champions league? Where is goromaria?

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 5:45pm On Dec 29, 2018
KCB have an office in Ethiopia waiting for the right time.
I hope they open up . Its about time they do! Their FDI would multiply incredibly with such a move! They need to open up!
rvp20182:
Why.You need to spur private investment.There is so much your public investment can do.I think Abbiy will surprise many by opening the economy.In any case the tigrays have firm hold of it leaving 95% of Ethiopia outside.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 5:46pm On Dec 29, 2018
Ibrahimanis:
Used clothing imports contribute to government revenues

Bhuhahahaha! grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 5:47pm On Dec 29, 2018
Ibrahimanis:
Top cities visited by tourists

See Nairobi down the pecking order. Bhuhahahaha! grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 5:48pm On Dec 29, 2018
ednited:

ET airlines just acheived 100 destination last year and you can guess how much we have now. . . you are kind of planning for that in 2021. . . . I hope we will be alive then kikikiki

Just because I remain silent in stuffs like this, it doesn't mean I am not getting what you are saying

lol
It had trouble few years ago, had to be bailed out and strategic management sort.KQ was Africa most successful private airline.ET is public co with govt largesse like those middle East airlines.We are responding by handing KQ our major airport so prepare for arse kicking soon.ET goes for cheap..KQ goes for premium services.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 5:49pm On Dec 29, 2018
Ibrahimanis:
Africa has some of the highest rates of economic crime

I see that lying country on the list.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 5:51pm On Dec 29, 2018
Jonraid:
KCB have an office in Ethiopia waiting for the right time.
I hope they open up . Its about time they do! Their FDI would multiply incredibly with such a move! They need to open up!
Ethiopia pride stand in their way.They had rather starve to death than be dominated.If you think Nigeria are proud try Ethiopia.They will literally spit and stone you.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 5:51pm On Dec 29, 2018
The guy is more Kenyan than most. We need to see more of the same from the other HNWI's (high net worth individuals) in this country!
rvp20182:
Read how Manu Chandaria conquered the Africa metal industry.
http://knowledge.wharton.upenn.edu/article/how-manu-chandaria-mastered-the-african-market/
http://tujengeviongozi..com/2012/08/conquering-metal-industry-in-africamanu.html
[img]http://4.bp..com/-zp0goX_yD3A/UCUIvNOX37I/AAAAAAAAAvo/Tsjs9zZQxMU/s1600/100_0010.JPG[/img]
Meeting with Manu Chandaria, given his prominence in the local and international business leadership scene, is a highlight for any upcoming leader and manager. His humility, charm, wit and ability to condense experience obtained over decades into simple sentences make him a joy to listen to, interact and spend time with. He is one of Kenya’s (if not Africa’s) greatest business assets.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 5:51pm On Dec 29, 2018
Ibrahimanis:
Listed domestic companies in Africa

This is just 19 years after military regime. grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 5:52pm On Dec 29, 2018
They don't even have a stock exchange? Good heavens!
rvp20182:
Ethiopia pride stand in their way.They had rather starve to death than be dominated.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 5:57pm On Dec 29, 2018
Doubt if they openly show it,the pride. I'll soon visit the country as a tourist. Addis should be cheaper than Nairobi but it should be more congested. It should be exciting nonetheless!
rvp20182:
Ethiopia pride stand in their way.They had rather starve to death than be dominated.If you think Nigeria are proud try Ethiopia.They will literally spit and stone you.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ednited(f): 6:01pm On Dec 29, 2018
rvp20182:
It had trouble few years ago, had to be bailed out and strategic management sort.KQ was Africa most successful private airline.ET is public co with govt largesse like those middle East airlines.We are responding by handing KQ our major airport so prepare for arse kicking soon.ET goes for cheap..KQ goes for premium services.

What if ET was gov't or private?

Why you have to get into that man

You keep digging things to defend your country, keep up the patriotism but I don't see that working. ET is better than KQ and it's a fact.

You are against my idea, then I don't care

I don't care if ET is better or worse. I just don't like it when you try to bit up some ones company to raise yours and also keep digging for things that are off topic.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 6:03pm On Dec 29, 2018
ednited:

lol
Lady,Those lines they drew on a map is just a dream,actually a pipe dream.KQ is making a loss for years.

The lines they drew were supposed to represents their new routes by 2021 which was christened "project mawingu".But alas, the dream faded.KQ went into difficult times.They sold some planes.Other planes which they got under a lease,they subleased to other airlines like Oman air,Turkish etc.The money they made by subleasing was less than what the original owner charged KQ,so they again made a loss in subleasing activities!

Project mawingu which needed about 115 aircrafts to function is almost dead.Currently, KQ has 39 aircrafts which most of those are operated under a lease.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 6:09pm On Dec 29, 2018
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by ednited(f): 6:11pm On Dec 29, 2018
rvp20182:
Why.You need to spur private investment.There is so much your public investment can do.I think Abbiy will surprise many by opening the economy.In any case the tigrays have firm hold of it leaving 95% of Ethiopia outside.

You are right. I am just confused

Developed countries developed encouraging their own companies by giving them chance. That is what TPLF was saying although it wasn't for this goal. . .

The bank issue have made it hard for e-commerce too.

I don't think we don't have the ability to make succesful banks, the problem happened beacuse it wasn't reaching good target.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 6:12pm On Dec 29, 2018
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 6:12pm On Dec 29, 2018
ednited:

Foreign telecom, YES

Foreign bank

NEVER

But why,mresh? How will he continue denying Ethiopia foreign investment?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 6:12pm On Dec 29, 2018
NairobiWalker:

Nairobi has two public airports and one of them handles more passengers than Lagos airport. Do your math.

Is there anyone apart from this one? grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (2893) (2894) (2895) (2896) (2897) (2898) (2899) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.