Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,462 members, 7,864,933 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 09:43 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (3101) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6293794 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3098) (3099) (3100) (3101) (3102) (3103) (3104) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Danielnino00(m): 6:58pm On Jan 18, 2019
rvp20183:
And who cares what you think? Marathon is perhaps the oldest human sport. Football is perhaps 200 centuries..old..when people started kicking human skulls around England...Marathon was being ran in Greece..old roman empire 2500 yrs ago plus.Formulae 1 & the likes of Basketball are not even 100yrs old.

The Greeks and other nationals got tired of marathon many years ago... But since Kenyans are primitive, they are still into it grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by darfay: 6:59pm On Jan 18, 2019
Danielnino00:
This RVp guy is without doubt the most ignorant fellow I've meet on nairaland..

He talks a lot.. like he knows everything... but he actually knows nothing..

Time and time again,his lies and blunders have been laid bare for all to see..

But then,the Kenyans here have adopted him as their king .. grin

He said the British were kicking human skulls in London in the 1800's. And boom that's how England invented football
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Danielnino00(m): 7:02pm On Jan 18, 2019
Ibrahimanis:

I swear this is the first time I am hearing of it. Nigerians pick on edo people? WTF

I think it's because of the Edo witches joke grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by darfay: 7:02pm On Jan 18, 2019
rvp20183:
How do you think football started. You think people inflated letter balls and started playing.

I know how it started.modern football started in England and nobody has ever kicked skulls around for sports in England
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by darfay: 7:05pm On Jan 18, 2019
Danielnino00:

Lightening will strike him there!!

Buhari must go back to Daura!!
we have had enough of his incompetency!!!!

Pdp is not a better option. I am only interested in apc losing Lagos
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jan 18, 2019
Just because you can't run except when facing Boko Haram doesn't mean athletic is not a serious sport. Even Lagos are trying to organize some marathons - and nearly every modern city has one - and you know what - Kenyans or Ethiopia - will fly and win them - and all the prices.

Marathon is one of most respected sport - because it the hardest most torturous sport- and kipchoge dominance is just out of his world - which explain why he is RESPECTED AND ACKNOWLEDGED AS a LIVING LEGEND.Here is a sport that doesn't lend itself to dominance and here comes a man who has won 10 out 11 - with only lose when he came second in world record race. His 12th race was a magnificent 25 second short of what scientific community think is humanly possible.

Danielnino00:

The Greeks and other nationals got tired of marathon many years ago... But since Kenyans are primitive, they are still into it grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NairobiWalker(m): 7:07pm On Jan 18, 2019
darfay:

Nobody picks on anybody it's just a stereotypical joke, every community,ethnicity and states are all victims to such harmless jokes that no Nigerian has ever complained about but you Kenyans

Edodefender has complained about it severally.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Ibrahimanis: 7:08pm On Jan 18, 2019
darfay:

I am only interested in apc losing Lagos
Why?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Danielnino00(m): 7:10pm On Jan 18, 2019
darfay:

True...PDP and APC are just the same...
But its already glaring that Buhari isn't fit to rule this country... if APC had presented somebody else,it would have been better...

Those third force candidates should have merged together to give PDP and APC a tough competition, but sadly they are just there to split votes..
so we are left with Atiku and Buhari.

I want APC to lose Lagos too...But I don't see it happening
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jan 18, 2019
I agree - both candidates are so dull - fulani herdsmen - who cannot express themselves in English. Buhari is arguably the least intelligent African leader now. I have tried listening to the idiot - and he makes no sense. Atiku is not any better.

Where are Nigerian thinkers? The likes of Wole Soyinka in Politics? It appears they all ran or are running away - and have left old military generals to ran your politics.

Danielnino00:

But its already glaring that Buhari isn't fit to rule this country... if APC had presented somebody else,it would have been better...

Those third force candidates should have merged together to give PDP and APC a tough competition, but sadly they are just there to split votes..

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 7:15pm On Jan 18, 2019
NairobiWalker:

Edodefender has complained about it severally.
Nigerians pick on other Nigerians, we also jab other Africans like you Kenyans, it's a normal thing and is fun. l have heard lgbos say other Nigerians pick on them most and also a Yoruba man who once said they are the most insulted tribe in Nigeria but they just take everything calmly. What of the Hausas who are always referred to as Aboki all the time and there is Edo witch, Urhobo wayo, etc.
Nigerians just yab themselves the way they want talkless of foreigners.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 7:18pm On Jan 18, 2019
According to numbers compiled in WeeTracker’s Venture Investments Report 2018, US$726 million was invested across 458 deals in African startups. That is a 300% gigantic leap in the total funding amount and over 127% increase in the number of deals as compared to 2017.

In terms of the number of deals, all inclusive, NIGERIA outperformed all other location with a total of 136 deals. South Africa, which gave it a close competition stood second with 107 deals, followed by Kenya with 73 deals. This trend has a slight deviation from the last year where South Africa had topped the chart. Joining the race this year along with the investor’s preferred destination are countries like Egypt, Uganda, Ghana and Tunisia.

A total of 243 investors participated in the investment landscape in Africa 458 startups raised funding in various rounds throughout the year
80% of the deals were concentrated in South Africa, Nigeria & Kenya. Fintech retained its top position as the sector with most funding.
30 startups made it to the 5 million club of fund raising across the continent.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 7:20pm On Jan 18, 2019
I know Kenyans would say it should be (73×4) deals for Nigeria and not 136 deals because Nigeria is 4 times the population of Kenya.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jan 18, 2019
What about the value of deals?
Daejoyoung:
According to numbers compiled in WeeTracker’s Venture Investments Report 2018, US$726 million was invested across 458 deals in African startups. That is a 300% gigantic leap in the total funding amount and over 127% increase in the number of deals as compared to 2017.

In terms of the number of deals, all inclusive, NIGERIA outperformed all other location with a total of 136 deals. South Africa, which gave it a close competition stood second with 107 deals, followed by Kenya with 73 deals. This trend has a slight deviation from the last year where South Africa had topped the chart. Joining the race this year along with the investor’s preferred destination are countries like Egypt, Uganda, Ghana and Tunisia.

A total of 243 investors participated in the investment landscape in Africa 458 startups raised funding in various rounds throughout the year
80% of the deals were concentrated in South Africa, Nigeria & Kenya. Fintech retained its top position as the sector with most funding.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jan 18, 2019
That is a given. We should be somewhere struggling with Ghanas, Ugandans, Tanzanians grin grin but see we are there - with giants smiley like Nigeria and developed countries like South Africa. That means we are over-performing 1) for the level of our development - South Africa and 2) our population - 200M Gorrilla Nigeria.
Daejoyoung:
I know Kenyans would say it should be (73×4) deals for Nigeria and not 136 deals because Nigeria is 4 times the population of Kenya.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Daejoyoung: 7:23pm On Jan 18, 2019
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by darfay: 7:26pm On Jan 18, 2019
Ibrahimanis:

Why?

Lagos state would only be a model African state/city when tinubu empire(there is a documentary on it) crumbles... Plus Ambode is the worst governor in the history of the state
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by darfay: 7:29pm On Jan 18, 2019
Danielnino00:

True talk tho.. You reside in delta state right? It seems apc is gaining grounds there judging by the crowd yesterday
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jan 18, 2019
So out of the 725M dollars..how much were directed towards Nigeria. Coz you can have lots of small little deals. I see South Africa webuycars has nearly 100M dollars. I see Kenya Cellulant (please don't start us on Nigera co-founder) 50M. Dlight which should be kenya got nearly 70M. Jumia nearly 70M. Zola 60M. Wakanow another 40M

Look at those top 6 top deals...we are talking 350M - nearly half of 700M deals. Therefore the rest of the deals are small...majority less than 10M dollars.

Daejoyoung:

https://www.tekedia.com/nigeria-leaps-ahead-726-million-invested-in-african-startups-in-458-deals/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Tekedia+%28Tekedia%29
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 7:42pm On Jan 18, 2019
darfay:

You mean this toothpicks?

Hahahah

Cc forgiveness,obaaderemi,kazikazi,jaycent
It breaks my heart that when in future, a movie is made about this Nairobi attack, a certain Briton would be the hero of that movie! grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jan 18, 2019
You don't care about 700 plus survivors of the horrific incident - but the nationality and skin colour of the rescuers. This was international terror - and whoever helped deserved Kudos. That briton didn't need to be there and could have died there - but he choose to walk there and help. He is A HERO. Kenyans will not run out of heros. There is woman who came and started cooked foods at vicinity for exhausted police and rescuers - she is a HERO. There are countless firefighters and emergency responders who without any bullet proof vest - risked it all - to save lives - those are HEROs. Other rushed to hospital to donate blood - HEROS.

You need to evaluate your life and really start becoming a better person. You're not better than a monkey now.

The biggest movie that was made last year was about Muslim who stood and told Alshabaab to shoot them all - and not seperate christians from muslims. Those are heroes. The movie Watu Wote: All of us is couragous story about heroes in our every day life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYGUQQJqKjI

obaaderemi:
It breaks my heart that when in future, a movie is made about this Nairobi attack, a certain Briton would be the hero of that movie! grin

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by darfay: 7:50pm On Jan 18, 2019
rvp20183:
So out of the 725M dollars..how much were directed towards Nigeria. Coz you can have lots of small little deals. I see South Africa webuycars has nearly 100M dollars. I see Kenya Cellulant (please don't start us on Nigera co-founder) 50M. Dlight which should be kenya got nearly 70M. Jumia nearly 70M. Zola 60M. Wakanow another 40M

Look at those top 6 top deals...we are talking 350M - nearly half of 700M deals. Therefore the rest of the deals are small...majority less than 10M dollars.

Nigeria closed the most deals period. And the drew in the second highest funds after RSA . @Ibrahimanis have dealt extensively with this issue
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 7:50pm On Jan 18, 2019
Daejoyoung:

Once again, the attention is on Nigeria. 136 deals.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jan 18, 2019
Per capita smiley smiley is the elephant in the house.
darfay:

Nigeria closed the most deals period. And the drew in the second highest funds after RSA . @Ibrahimanis have dealt extensively with this issue

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by darfay: 7:51pm On Jan 18, 2019
rvp20183:
I agree - both candidates are so dull - fulani herdsmen - who cannot express themselves in English. Buhari is arguably the least intelligent African leader now. I have tried listening to the idiot - and he makes no sense. Atiku is not any better.

Where are Nigerian thinkers? The likes of Wole Soyinka in Politics? It appears they all ran or are running away - and have left old military generals to ran your politics.

Learn to mind your business
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jan 18, 2019
We want to leaders of the calibre that Ghana are electing so we can move Africa forward. We want a Nigerian leader with intellectual aptitutde to sign and rarity free trade, to allow free movement of Africans and to deal with Bokoharam.

Look at Ghana. Always electing very brilliant leadership.

darfay:

Learn to mind your business

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by darfay: 7:54pm On Jan 18, 2019
rvp20183:
Per capita smiley smiley is the elephant in the house.

Keep shouting per capita. Nigerian startups on that list like wakanow are already doing business in Kenya
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by darfay: 7:55pm On Jan 18, 2019
rvp20183:
We want to leaders of the calibre that Ghana are electing so we can move Africa forward. We want a Nigerian leader with intellectual aptitutde to sign and rarity free trade, to allow free movement of Africans and to deal with Bokoharam.

Why don't you vote for him yourself
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 7:57pm On Jan 18, 2019
Ibrahimanis never wrote about the value of the deals.

I personally gave out a link showing Kenya was leading in funding for the first six months of 2018.
darfay:

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 7:57pm On Jan 18, 2019
rvp20183:
You don't care about 700 plus survivors of the horrific incident - but the nationality and skin colour of the rescuers. This was international terror - and whoever helped deserved Kudos. That briton didn't need to be there and could have died there - but he choose to walk there and help. He is A HERO. Kenyans will not run out of heros. There is woman who came and started cooked foods at vicinity for exhausted police and rescuers - she is a HERO. There are countless firefighters and emergency responders who without any bullet proof vest - risked it all - to save lives - those are HEROs.

You need to evaluate your life and really start becoming a better person. You're not better than a monkey now.

The biggest movie that was made last year was about Muslim who stood and told Alshabaab to shoot them all - and not seperate christians from muslims. Those are heroes. The movie Watu Wote: All of us is couragous story about heroes in our every day life.

The truth angers you. grin You stupid kiberan monkey. The hero of the day was a Briton. It doesn't really matter where one's hero comes from. Yours just happened to the a Briton who saved the day then went for a cup of coffee. grin
Watu Wote? Who cares about Kenyan movies? I am talking about international movies. One day one of such is going to be based on that attack and we all know who the hero would be.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 7:57pm On Jan 18, 2019
darfay:

No wonder they have been instigating a North vs south, biafra Vs Nigeria Co on this thread
That is how they are.A Kikuyu don't vote for jaluo.That is a very primitive nation.They don't have a national language.Those are people who are not fluent in English, they are not fluent in Swahili.I spoke with many of these kiberans, I am sure what am talking.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 8:00pm On Jan 18, 2019
darfay:

Y and what's the possibility of such happening?

(1) (2) (3) ... (3098) (3099) (3100) (3101) (3102) (3103) (3104) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.