Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,921 members, 7,863,250 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 01:46 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (4740) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6289673 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4737) (4738) (4739) (4740) (4741) (4742) (4743) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 2:00pm On Jun 15, 2019
Lekki Lamu deep sea port - one of Africa biggest port coming up with capacity of 100M tonnes a year. Lekki thing will not get off ground anytime soon.

Lamu deep sea port is part of 23B dollar LAPSSET Project

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jonraid(m): 2:11pm On Jun 15, 2019
This is something we can probably learn!
Algerian1:
You said poor soil ? Algerian agriculture in the sahara desert grin

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 2:15pm On Jun 15, 2019
Lamu port - Working day and night to bridge the infrastructure deficit as Kenya project management keep getting better. Delivering projects on cost, time and quality

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2Wu_FZWkAAFGbr.jpg:large[/img]

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 2:18pm On Jun 15, 2019
SGR - Phase 2A - about to get done after the demolition of mansions on the way.

For the love of Animals - Nairobi National Park SGR bridge - 28Km bridge that is sound-proofed. And you think kenya SGR is expensive for nothing.

Houses in Rongai demolished so railway can be completed. Demolished and get paid market rate.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Stevoh18: 2:21pm On Jun 15, 2019
rvp2018:
Lekki Lamu deep sea port - one of Africa biggest port coming up with capacity of 100M tonnes a year. Lekki thing will not get off ground anytime soon.

Lamu deep sea port is part of 23B dollar LAPSSET Project

Bagamoyo port is dead and buried
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 2:23pm On Jun 15, 2019
Algerian1:

Our stupid politicians need to learn from this

Instead of crying hunger and drought yearly

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 2:24pm On Jun 15, 2019
Why build a mega-port when their cargo is around 13-15m dollars. Insanity.
Stevoh18:

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 2:25pm On Jun 15, 2019
Stevoh18:

Ghana harbour mps terminal is going life soon. June 28. It is the biggest expansion port in west africa and will only be competing with the like of Durban port in south africa base on cargo size and tonnes... It is build with 1. 5 billion dollars...

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 2:28pm On Jun 15, 2019
vaxx:
Ghana harbour mps terminal is going life soon. June 28. It is the biggest expansion port in west africa and will only be competing with the like of Durban port in southafrican base on cargo size and tonnes... It is build with 1. 5 billion dollars...

Ghana is always a progressive country
Will this be the biggest port in west africa

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 2:29pm On Jun 15, 2019
tylann:

Ghana is always a progressive country
Will this be the biggest port in west africa
Yes, automatically the port is now the biggest in west africa....

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 2:29pm On Jun 15, 2019
rvp2018:
Why build a mega-port when their cargo is around 13-15m dollars. Insanity.

Tanzania starts projects to compete with kenya nothing else
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 2:30pm On Jun 15, 2019
vaxx:
Yes, automatically the port is now the biggest in west africa....

Good news

The road to apapa port in Lagos makes you sick
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 2:43pm On Jun 15, 2019
rvp2018:
[s]Now that mitigate some of it. So you've got a startling 30M hectares of arable land (no 9 worldwide) - with 1.5M tonnes of fertilizer smiley - what is the per acre application of fertilizer(urea) again- and then you somehow beat all those countries - to become 4th largest agriculture produce in world - and yet nobody has ever seen a ship full of Nigeria food. Pick any of those countries - US, Brazil, Ukraine, Indonesia - even Kenya - there are thousands of ships now - with their food.

In mitigation, you can claim the fact that nearly all 200M Nigerians are openly defecating on the land after a heavy meal of fufu, has produced one of the most successfully organically farmed agriculture[/s].

You always like to show how stupid you are. cheesy The countries above Nigeria in that list beat Nigeria in agriculture except maybe four of them.They are mainly rich countries and any good student of economics would tell you only a fraction of the rich world's GDP come from agriculture. You can't expect them to focus on agric when there are high end goods to make and sell.
Please,pick another battle.This one is lost. cheesy
In the meantime, focus on your 4% arable land which is very arid by the way. tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 2:44pm On Jun 15, 2019
tylann:

Good news

i think the new lagos governor is working to improve the condition now while same menace is gradually building up in ikorodu lagos road due to little parking space that hardly handle 1000 lorry. The governor started very good. Let's hope for the best.

Well, Ghana just built a lorry parking space that can handle over 3000 lorry at once . Meanwhile the port expansion also come with road expansion too to accommodate and relax the coming traffic that is anticipated
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 2:45pm On Jun 15, 2019
kikuyu1:

[s]Nigga,do you get a hard on from these pix,srsly WTF!?[/s]
I can see you are on your periods again, old goat. cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 2:49pm On Jun 15, 2019
68816419:

Nigga we fckng tired of these recycled pictures of same Nairobi CBDs , we could as well do same if we wish.
The pictures are his therapy after several bashings. The pictures are already begging for mercy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 2:54pm On Jun 15, 2019
kikuyu1:

ARRGGH! Niggardly we get it-Dangote's refinery will save Africa's "sloppy economy." What's a 'sloppy economy,' btw,if I may ask? I've never seen the term and you've all posted it at least 900x.
Your autistic friend is back, theenchanter.
What kind of old man shouts Arggghh! before each sentence? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Fidha254(m): 2:55pm On Jun 15, 2019
After all is said and done, this is how you measure the true living standards of a country's people, not with GDP or per capita..etc

http://hdr.undp.org/en/composite/IHDI

Human Development Index (HDI)
The HDI was created to emphasize that people and their capabilities should be the ultimate criteria for assessing the development of a country, not economic growth alone. The HDI can also be used to question national policy choices, asking how two countries with the same level of GNI per capita can end up with different human development outcomes. These contrasts can stimulate debate about government policy priorities.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 2:55pm On Jun 15, 2019
Algerian1:
Nice try. You need to teach the Little Indians this techniques. cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 2:56pm On Jun 15, 2019
obaaderemi:
I can see you are on your periods again, old goat. cheesy

Byatch,my posts don't stink of excess estrogen! At least you've stopped the childish self praise, though.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 2:59pm On Jun 15, 2019
tylann:

Good news

The President recently did a good job on this .......kudos...
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 3:00pm On Jun 15, 2019
obaaderemi:
Nice try. You need to teach the Little Indians this techniques. cheesy

Hypocrite
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 3:03pm On Jun 15, 2019
I am in a trucking business. I don't understand why your turn your ports into the parking area. In Kenya - when they are ready for a truck to pick a cargo - you get a call - you drive your truck - your pick the cargo - and you're back in a few hours. In fact, most cargo is stored kilo-meters away in CFS - they share revenue with port authority - cargo that pile up in port is transported inland to CFS & now IDS (inland dry ports).

vaxx:
i think the new lagos governor is working to improve the condition now while same menace is gradually building up in ikorodu lagos road due to little parking space that hardly handle 1000 lorry. The governor started very good. Let's hope for the best.

Well, Ghana just built a lorry parking space that can handle over 3000 lorry at once . Meanwhile the port expansion also come with road expansion too to accommodate and relax the coming traffic that is anticipated

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 3:08pm On Jun 15, 2019
Your agriculture is acknowledged to have long collapsed. I have checked the data - with your cooked GDP - you're bigger than Brazil & Indonesia.

I know there is a lot of arable land in Nigeria....but how much of that land is under cultivation. What we know is that after oil discovery, Nigerians left farms and went to towns, they had world fastest urbanization in 80-90s. We have seen you invite Zim white farms and give them thousands of fallow land.

At least before oil - Nigeria was known to export palm oil and many things - now you still use the same data series - and there is no farming going on.

In fact, part of your plan to get out of oil - is to revamp & jump start you agriculture. I wonder what you're going to jump start if it's already 100B dollar worth.

I give an example from my work colleagues who left for MINNA Nigeria [JayCunt home town] by to quoting part of his farewell email.

Reaching out to share some exciting though bittersweet news: I will be leaving the Kenya team in some few months to go to Minna, Nigeria! I've attached a '"Where the heck is Minna?" Map' in case that was your first thought.

One google post I found really sums Minna up, though:

"Brown, caked, dry, uncultivated, vast expanse of land; I was amazed. I've never seen land so extensive without trees all my life."

I'm sure you understand the appeal!

obaaderemi:
You always like to show how stupid you are. cheesy The countries above Nigeria in that list beat Nigeria in agriculture except maybe four of them.They are mainly rich countries and any good student of economics would tell you only a fraction of the rich world's GDP come from agriculture. You can't expect them to focus on agric when there are high end goods to make and sell.
Please,pick another battle.This one is lost. cheesy
In the meantime, focus on your 4% arable land which is very arid by the way. tongue

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 3:17pm On Jun 15, 2019
rvp2018:
I am in a trucking business. I don't understand why your turn your ports into the parking area. In Kenya - when they are ready for a truck to pick a cargo - you get a call - you drive your truck - your pick the cargo - and you're back in a few hours. In fact, most cargo is stored kilo-meters away in CFS - they share revenue with port authority - cargo that pile up in port is transported inland to CFS & now IDS (inland dry ports).

GHANA case is different, the same tema that houses the port also houses Ghana oil refinery and they are using the same road. So traffic of truck is expected to build up in that area and to curb the risk posed by the parking of Tankers that does not discriminate (Bulk Road Vehicles) along the road , A park must be build.

The parking of Tanker cars, sometimes loaded with petroleum products, along these roads poses a serious Health and Safety risk to life and property. therefore no time to delay because every minute count on that road
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 3:20pm On Jun 15, 2019
I think the parking in such critical resources will never be enough. You need to copy our model. Automate everything. By the time the truck is entering the port, his cargo is ready, he goes there, pick the cargo, get electronic tracking fitted and he is out. Logistic companies can build parking yards some kilo-meters away.

vaxx:
GHANA case is different, the same tema that houses the port also houses Ghana oil refinery and they are using the same road. So traffic of truck is expected to build up in that area and to curb the risk posed by the parking of Tankers that does not discriminate (Bulk Road Vehicles) along the road , A park must be build.

The parking of Tanker cars, sometimes loaded with petroleum products, along these roads poses a serious Health and Safety risk to life and property. therefore no time to delay because every minute count on that road

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Fidha254(m): 3:28pm On Jun 15, 2019
Algerian1:
hardship or circumstances forces people to be creative and innovative ...

The problem with Kenya is that for a long time we have been dependent of rain for agriculture and each new decade there is less rain ..... and although 70% of the land mass is considered semi-desert, the other 30% is in good condition and this factor influenced alot of ethnic groups to settle in these areas long time ago .. the populations that settled in the fertile areas had plenty of resources so they reproduced while the semi-desert areas didn't and ended up bieng very minority ....

So you have a situation in Kenya where 75% of the countries population occupying and cramping only 30% of the country's land mass where it's fertile, while in the semi arid areas you have very sparsly populated areas with large chunks of land completely unoccupied

Kenya 3D version of Population Density
[img]https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Thomas_Jayne/publication/257788768/figure/fig1/AS:297449626325004@1447928925779/Population-density-in-Kenya.png[/img]

This is why the government started the lapsset project.... A totally new economic corridor that will touch every corner of this 70% of previously under utilized land mass, opening doors for new development potential....
Also, nowadays when you travel across the country you see lots of greenhouses used by small scale farmers, but we haven't got to the level of large scale plantations yet.

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 3:33pm On Jun 15, 2019
rvp2018:

Dude ,only you worked for UN, World bank ,IMF, owns estates, malls and u now owns fleets of trucks,Sir, can I be your personal assistant?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 3:37pm On Jun 15, 2019
Why is that impossible to imagine smiley Dangote is everywhere. And he is not done with you. Smart folks divest - they have well-diversified porfolio - that ensure they are making money nearly every time.
68816419:

Dude ,only you worked for UN, World bank ,IMF, owns estates, malls and u now owns fleets of trucks,Sir, can I be your personal assistant?

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 3:38pm On Jun 15, 2019
rvp2018:
I think the parking in such critical resources will never be enough. You need to copy our model. Automate everything. By the time the truck is entering the port, his cargo is ready, he goes there, pick the cargo, get electronic tracking fitted and he is out. Logistic companies can build parking yards some kilo-meters away.

sure, Ghana( Tema) harbour system is entirely paperless and electronic driven. First country to fully achieved that in west africa. The new integrated system recently launched early this month also aim to improve the way Importers and exporters do buisness.now thru the new system, cargo from the port will be taken effortlessly so that they don’t have to stay there and the harbour don’t need their containers to be on demurrage; it also affect the charges at the port too. It is now reduced and likewise Freight charges.

The new parking yard is not build close to the port. Some few away from the port yard. Ghana port traffic is not an headache. The goverment only acted proactively before danger will loom
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 3:42pm On Jun 15, 2019
rvp2018:
Your agriculture is acknowledged to have long collapsed. I have checked the data - with your cooked GDP - you're bigger than Brazil & Indonesia.

I know there is a lot of arable land in Nigeria....but how much of that land is under cultivation. What we know is that after oil discovery, Nigerians left farms and went to towns, they had world fastest urbanization in 80-90s. We have seen you invite Zim white farms and give them thousands of fallow land.

At least before oil - Nigeria was known to export palm oil and many things - now you still use the same data series - and there is no farming going on.

In fact, part of your plan to get out of oil - is to revamp & jump start you agriculture. I wonder what you're going to jump start if it's already 100B dollar worth.

I give an example from my work colleagues who left for MINNA Nigeria [JayCunt home town] by to quoting part of his farewell email.

Reaching out to share some exciting though bittersweet news: I will be leaving the Kenya team in some few months to go to Minna, Nigeria! I've attached a '"Where the heck is Minna?" Map' in case that was your first thought.

One google post I found really sums Minna up, though:

"Brown, caked, dry, uncultivated, vast expanse of land; I was amazed. I've never seen land so extensive without trees all my life."

I'm sure you understand the appeal!

try understand and interpret the trend in our agricultural sectors.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 3:44pm On Jun 15, 2019
Yes automation is key. We already do that in Kenya - the problem right now is about 51 gov agencies all want to inspect or check the containers - and that is starting to hurt again. Now we want to reduce that to only 5.

I see Ghana not doing as badly - I am also surprised the laggards of Appa-Lagos port complex have woken up grin. The container dwell time in West Africa (Tema & Lagos) is crazy - 25 days (1 MONTH) - while in South Africa it's like 4 days - kenya 5 days - and in a place like Singapore it's hours.

Just imagine waiting for 1 month to get your container out - and then maybe another 1-2 week to get to last mile somewhere in Abuja.

PWC analysis of Africa ports.

vaxx:
sure, Ghana( Tema) harbour system is entirely paperless and electronic driven. First country to fully achieved that in west africa. The new integrated system recently launched early this month also aim to improve the way Importers and exporters buisness. THRU, the new system, cargo from the port will be taken effortlessly so that they don’t have to stay here and the harbour don’t need their containers to be on demurrage; it also affect the charges at the port too. It is now reduced and likewise Freight charges.

The new parking yard is not build close to the port. Some few away from the port yard. Ghana port traffic is not an headache. The goverment only acted proactively before danger will loom

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (4737) (4738) (4739) (4740) (4741) (4742) (4743) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.