Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (496) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6205869 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by iblawi(m): 10:45pm On Apr 30, 2017
leathalbeast:
third is trade! Nigerians bring in stuff like earphone, phone batteries, beverages, DVD's etc from Nigeria to sell in Ghana.. when they make money they take back to Nigeria

Atleast they didn't come to beg.

Nigerian legislative house Abuja.

NNPC TOWERS

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by leathalbeast: 10:46pm On Apr 30, 2017
forgiveness:

Hehehehe! I don't want to do Nigeria vs Ghana.. grin
well I have heard that PH is nice but you can only confirm it with pictures otherwise it will only be rumour
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 10:47pm On Apr 30, 2017
Nowenuse:

Seriously bro, i agree with you. I miss TayserMahiri.

Jeeez! Debating with these Ghanaians have made me appreciate Kenyans so much. grin
I sincerely wished Nigeria and Kenya would have a better relationship cos we obviously seem to have more in common. I wish we were in the same sub region.
I rather identify with Kenya than that lifeless country filled with hate filled ugly souls called Ghana.
if we were hateful, 5millions Nigerians would be out of Ghana by tomorrow.
But no one have your kind of time
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Marcelo290(m): 10:47pm On Apr 30, 2017
Accra is beautiful, cool and calm, but saying it is more than Lagos or Abuja would only buttress your ignorance, A Ghanaian friend visited Victoria island (A sub-hurb of Lagos) and couldn't believe his eyes, life in Lagos is generally more interesting compared to Accra. Abuja on the other hand is a capital/administrative city, fully planned and the most developing city in Africa.

Again In Ghana, Accra is the only city where you can find total luxury, Kumasi, Tema, Tarkorodi are also cool places though. But in Nigeria, We have Lagos, Abuja, PortHacourt...No amount of luxury you seek that can't be found here, not to mention other cities Like Calabar, Kano, Jos, Enugu, Uyo, Ibadan and the rest.

You now see why I don't want to engage you guys in an argument? we are bigger so we have got them many, but Ghana is all about Accra, the only justifiable basis for the argument is the electricity you guys enjoy more.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:47pm On Apr 30, 2017
Nowenuse:

There are mostly 2 things that take Nigerians to Ghana
1)Education
2) Internet fraud.

Those who come for educational purposes add to your economy, while those who come for internet fraud also add to your economy too!
The internet fraudsters do not defraud or target Ghanaians! Their targets are mostly Europeans and Asians. These Nigerians also spend part of this fraudulent money (from Abroad) in Ghana and adds to your economy.
Nigerians do not come to work in Ghana. Hell NO. Which jobs does Ghana have to offer our people??
they actually Start companies and businesses in Ghana. many big and succesfull companies in Ghana are owned by Nigerians
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by leathalbeast: 10:48pm On Apr 30, 2017
iblawi:

Atleast they didn't come to beg.
Nigerian legislative house Abuja.
NNPC TOWERS
lol are we in a competition?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by leathalbeast: 10:49pm On Apr 30, 2017
uzzyfire:
they actually Start companies and businesses in Ghana. many big and succesfull companies in Ghana are owned by Nigerians
name them
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:50pm On Apr 30, 2017
forgiveness:

Hehehehe! I don't want to do Nigeria vs Ghana.. grin
correction ! its Lagos vs Ghana grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by iblawi(m): 10:52pm On Apr 30, 2017
Portharcourt

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 10:52pm On Apr 30, 2017
MtuMsuper:

The same dynamics of consumption do not exist across african countries merely because they are in africa. Go back in this thread and see a presentation i made on mobile money usage and the dynamics therein in Kenya. I lifted it from a pdf , and it was done by a nigerian marketing company nonetheless. Kenyans consume differently than what you would expect.
Lemme give you an example. How many SA companies have tried and not succeeded on the kenyan scene? Quite a number, the most famous of which is SAB Miller, the makers of castle beer. They wandered into the market and met a formidable opponent in the name of EABL who played patriotic card to keep its decades long customer base. Admittedly a cheap stunt, but it worked.
When it comes to internet access, 4 factors stand out clearly:
1. the arrival of undersea cables such as SEACOM(and 2 others) and a massive roll out of a nationwide network of fibre optic cables that criss cross the country. This infrastructure is given the same priority as roads and other physical infrastructure.
2. The availability of a wide range of cheap smartphones, mostly of chinese manufacture. Somebody in the phone section of NL asked a question as to why smartphones are much cheaper on jumia kenya than jumia nigeria, and i gave an answer.
3. A deliberate and massive drive by govt to incorporate ICT education from day 1 in primary school. It might have had hiccups at inception , but its surely steaming ahead now.Come to Kenya and see loads upon loads of rural and urban kids swiping away at tablets and turning on their school issue laptops like any western kids. I kid you not.
4. The massive upswing in electrification across the country. Its been happening at a frightening pace esp in the last 3 years. The access to electricity goes hand in hand with the desire to own appliances. You should come to Kenya and go to a newly connected small town today and see how the demand for refrigerators has sky rocketed. Along with such demand comes a need to own the knowledge to operate them and most of this can be found on the internet. People in rural areas have farming, church, family whatsapp groups and many people also want email addresses in order to "look modern".

Are all these factors present in the countries you mentioned in the exact same intensity as kenya?

You should see it within a country specific context. African contexts differ. For example, what is the favorite hot beverage in Nigeria?
Ps: I am a keen Quora participant/reader too. Love it.

Well, i don't know what else to say again.

All i can do is at least acknowledge the fact that Kenya is among the African nations with the highest internet access.
(A more neutral point for our discordant sources).
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:53pm On Apr 30, 2017
leathalbeast:
name them
I don't know cos they are not multi national companies yet
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Marcelo290(m): 10:56pm On Apr 30, 2017
Just30:
exactly
So why do you bring Ghana into your national discuss?
Ghana is a relatively small and developing country, all thanks to their population and small geographical area, I actually have friends who school and live there, so I have no problem with them, but comparing them with Nigeria is what I don't like.

Again when Ghana was brought into the discourse, there was no hate intended, But you Ghanaians have got this inferiority complex coupled with a relative hate for Nigerians for reasons I don't know, so you guys just jump into the whole scene and start dishing out insults, trust Nigerians, you don't expect them to keep mute.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 10:56pm On Apr 30, 2017
leathalbeast:
third is trade! Nigerians bring in stuff like earphone, phone batteries, beverages, DVD's etc from Nigeria to sell in Ghana.. when they make money they take back to Nigeria

Everyone knows that traders add to economy of a place (even though they remit or not).

This can never be compared to people who come to beg and perform menial jobs to get paid and return the money back to their countries. This is exactly what millions of Nigeriens do in Nigeria.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:57pm On Apr 30, 2017
changing Lagos

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by iblawi(m): 10:57pm On Apr 30, 2017
leathalbeast:
lol are we in a competition?

Just post pictures. We are all learning and there is nothing to compete for. I want to see new projects going on in Ghana.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:05pm On Apr 30, 2017
Lagos turning to a mega city

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Joonana: 11:11pm On Apr 30, 2017
Do you know the size of our budget, foreign reserves, money supply, minimum wage and even
Stipends for service personnel? Not to mention the kilometers of motorable roads we have.. you better get your facts right
Nowenuse:

It should reflect by making the city very wealthy. There should be a huge flow of cash in the city.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 11:17pm On Apr 30, 2017
leathalbeast:
well I have heard that PH is nice but you can only confirm it with pictures otherwise it will only be rumour

Many Nigerian cities do not have enough online pics.

This is PH.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:17pm On Apr 30, 2017
eko o ni baje

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Joonana: 11:19pm On Apr 30, 2017
Have you asked yourself why it's always Nigeria against either Ghana/SA/Kenya? Have you ever come across Ghana vs Kenya vs SA or any combination thereof?You ought to look within yourself before you start blaming someone. If you go attack a country and they strike back .. you go with your usual cry .. they hate us, they hates us ..
Marcelo290:
Ghana is a relatively small and developing country, all thanks to their population and small geographical area, I actually have friends who school and live there, so I have no problem with them, but comparing them with Nigeria is what I don't like.

Again when Ghana was brought into the discourse, there was no hate intended, But you Ghanaians have got this inferiority complex coupled with a relative hate for Nigerians for reasons I don't know, so you guys just jump into the whole scene and start dishing out insults, trust Nigerians, you don't expect them to keep mute.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:20pm On Apr 30, 2017
Eko black pearl tower

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 14(m): 11:21pm On Apr 30, 2017
shervydman:

my gracious God......pls,use ur GOD-GIVEN-BRAIN atleast for once,dont u know SA rand has value than Nigerian naira,we sale in naira,u sale in rand,the monies are converted to $$$$......now,what do u expect?

And then? what are you trying to say?
Is your GDP in naira or converted to dollar? What this tells you is, South african music makes more profit than Nigeria and kenya combined.

Lets start here, where do you buy your music? South african artists dont only rely on endorsements alone, they also get millions through CD sales, which is not the case in Nigeria. There is music shop in almost every corner, not pirated CDs being sold on the street which artist dont even get a cent from it.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by JiggamanGh: 11:21pm On Apr 30, 2017
Marcelo290:

Inferiority complex, please that's not in our blood. We believe in ourselves and country to a fault. What we would not allow is nigerians to speak ill of Ghana.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:25pm On Apr 30, 2017
fast rising

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 11:27pm On Apr 30, 2017
uzzyfire:
looooll it does mean wen u own over 80% of d countries biggest companies.
don't u know migrants own 80% of americas economy becos they built Americas economy .

looooolll and plss name one multi national Ghana company
GN, Ashanti GoldFields, E&P
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by JiggamanGh: 11:29pm On Apr 30, 2017
5000 affordable house

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by fanficgirl(f): 11:34pm On Apr 30, 2017
uzzyfire:
see who is talking , wen white people came to ur land and enslaved u black fools and u did nothing .mcheeeeww and I sed naija no give a damm albt south Africa
Take it easy he just means Nigerians need to stop being so blase towards our politicians stealing.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by fanficgirl(f): 11:35pm On Apr 30, 2017
broill33r:
from those pics naija looks unpleasant , humid and polluted . also no sense of architectural maturity, do you even have architects in Nigeria?
nigeria cant even compare to countries like rwanda ,tanzania ,ethiopia, north sudan and zimbabwe let alone kenya
its no where near countries like Botswana,Mauritius, angola, south africa , morroco ,egypt ,algeria
dont let a giant population delude you , we can see right through the giant ego.
You're trying too hard lol. North Sudan and Ethiopia lol? Tanzania lol?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:35pm On Apr 30, 2017
more towers under construction in EAC

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:36pm On Apr 30, 2017
leathalbeast:
this is accra
Nice

But you need to visit abuja wink

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by fanficgirl(f): 11:39pm On Apr 30, 2017
O0XYGEN:

Hahahaha there's nothing spectacular about this.
I will start posting roads of Ghana when you are done.
You are all over the place. You claimed most of these roads were in Ghana. He proved wrong and then you said there was nothing special about these roads grin. If the roads were bad why did you claim they were Ghana ones if you now claim ghana roads are better and you have better pictures ?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:41pm On Apr 30, 2017
JiggamanGh:
5000 affordable house

Estates here are in abundance in all shapes and sizes,we have lost count wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.