Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,331 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (5103) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6192415 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5100) (5101) (5102) (5103) (5104) (5105) (5106) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by PetroDollax: 3:11pm On Aug 13, 2019
thunder fire your blokos, ediot. grin undernourished, undereducated, unemployable mudder fugger grin 200 million fools busy kidnapping anything that moves in their zoo sh1thole grin you call this crap country? grin you;re a pus-filled piece of garbage grin damn fvcking pedophile grin fvck you retarded gay dog grin foolish nigerian goat throwing tantrums grin grin grin grin grin grin omo naija generator republic grin grin grin

[s]
samorobo:

It's good you restricted the tantrums to this and not me personally. .I guess those deaf brain cell are beginning to function by some tiny insignificant bit.
As for the rest trash you said it just depicts how poorly your cerebrum works...I mean the power of your deluded imaginative brain is silly.just listen to.yourself and tell why you dont deserve to be pegged a fool "imagine a human being drinking gutter to celebrate buhari's victory"....so dumb even for a 2 year old kid

[/s]

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Stevoh18: 3:36pm On Aug 13, 2019
Fidha254:

This is a common site in Nigerian cities, They survive on generators!

And worse still, despite bieng the largest oil producer in Africa, The likes of Chevron, Shell,BP export all the crude oil then Nigeria has to import refined oil, They have one of the worst refined oil scarcity in Africa, And since they don't have enough electricity, The generators too end up running out of fuel its a perfect storm..

Residents queing up generators at the fuel station

These are generators bieng donated to the Nigerian Police so that they can keep serving citizens in the night

When Kenyans are trying to go it green Nigeria is busy mark timing on dirty old stuff

#LakeTurkana Wind power, ....Largest in Africa

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Stevoh18: 3:54pm On Aug 13, 2019
Kenya #Masai Mara #Mara River

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by edon21: 4:58pm On Aug 13, 2019
Fidha254:

Year, I can see, Outside of your CBD it looks real nice grin Is this what you get with a $90B GDP city cheesy embarassed

Super organized

Here is a sample of your authentic un edited video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clgCIMluz9E

I can do this all day
who bewitched you ?
that's ikorodu. mainland. and it's even at a spot

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 5:20pm On Aug 13, 2019
Mkenya2019:
Small money for gov in my view. What we need is long-dated bonds 50/100yrs - of say 50-100B dollars to bridge of infrastructure deficit. We need to stop issuing these 5-10yrs bonds.

I've said the same myself! A massive century bond like the Ghanaians are considering. But we don't have bauxite or anything to collateralise. In theory how'd Kenya go about it?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 5:29pm On Aug 13, 2019
Fidha254:

Year, I can see, Outside of your CBD it looks real nice grin Is this what you get with a $90B GDP city cheesy embarassed

Super organized

I can do this all day

These niggas tell on themselves repetitively sneering at only "600 km of new road annually!" That's 3k km in 5 years and 6000 km of new road in a decade! A whole new national network. Anyway, the Naij socioculture blinds them to the obvious.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by AskiaHarem(m): 5:50pm On Aug 13, 2019
ooooo smiley

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 6:42pm On Aug 13, 2019
kikuyu1:

I've said the same myself! A massive century bond like the Ghanaians are considering. But we don't have bauxite or anything to collateralise. In theory how'd Kenya go about it?
But we have solid tax revenues...and have never defaulted.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by kikuyu1(m): 7:31pm On Aug 13, 2019
rvp2018:

Hmmm....yes,I do see it. Every 5 years revenues grow almost a 100%. Am on my phone and linking is really a headache but IIRC in 2014 total revenues were half of today's figure.
By 2030 it should be 60-65bn USD at the lowest; by 2035 easily 85-90 bn USD; with similar increments every 5 years.
It looks doable: if we borrow 100 bn USD and repay 220-250 bn after 50 yrs funds for development increase ; pressure on other debt repayment obligations reduces in turn lessening pressure on the shilling which further strengthens thereby growing GDP. At the same time the new infrastructure should be paying for itself,all the new railways, airports, superhighways and power stations humming along.
Ideally the gov shouldn't be in biz but some of these funds should go into strategic PPPs like steel industry and/or nascent arms/aerospace industry.
Speaking of which I hear Indian aerospace maker HAL is seeking a partnership with the gov to licence build their Rudra utility chopper here and expand into Africa. Have you heard anything on this yourself?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 7:50pm On Aug 13, 2019
Precisely.Our revenues (tax+ non-tax) are already 20B plus...and should be 60B shortly. Not heard of Rudra...I am not a military buff myself.
kikuyu1:

Hmmm....yes,I do see it. Every 5 years revenues grow almost a 100%. Am on my phone and linking is really a headache but IIRC in 2014 total revenues were half of today's figure.
By 2030 it should be 60-65bn USD at the lowest; by 2035 easily 85-90 bn USD; with similar increments every 5 years.
It looks doable: if we borrow 100 bn USD and repay 220-250 bn after 50 yrs funds for development increase ; pressure on other debt repayment obligations reduces in turn lessening pressure on the shilling which further strengthens thereby growing GDP. At the same time the new infrastructure should be paying for itself,all the new railways, airports, superhighways and power stations humming along.
Ideally the gov shouldn't be in biz but some of these funds should go into strategic PPPs like steel industry and/or nascent arms/aerospace industry.
Speaking of which I hear Indian aerospace maker HAL is seeking a partnership with the gov to licence build their Rudra utility chopper here and expand into Africa. Have you heard anything on this yourself?

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:32pm On Aug 13, 2019
Logobenz0:
@Mtis the fvcking Qubit I guess you must be looking for ya southy b*tch grin but I think someone is trying to to take your southy b*tch away from ya grin grin the nigga ain't smiling. As you can see, he's fvcking serious to take your southy to the wonder land grin you have been scammed, man grin anyway if you wanna see ya southy b*tch, kindly go to the romance sector. She's there 24/7 rolling with the main niggas like me tongue grin grin

Thanks man... grin grin I think am done with southies..am heading north to the land of Habesha where cute ladies flow like honey an milk grin

But Seriously don't call ladies the B-word cheesy not nice

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kazikazi: 9:01pm On Aug 13, 2019
rvp2018:
But you have defaulted on hunger in Turkana! Don't forget that

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Logobenz0: 9:19pm On Aug 13, 2019
mtisTheQubit:

Thanks man... grin grin I think am done with southies..am heading north to the land of Habesha where cute ladies flow like honey an milk grin

Are you for real! Maybe you can show me the way to the land of habesha to get mine too grin grin no hard feelings man, we can run the land as niggas cheesy i know you are smarter than me, but I can be smarter than you when it comes to something like that grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by AskiaHarem(m): 9:54pm On Aug 13, 2019
mtisTheQubit:

Ehhhhhhh "burnt Arab" worshipping makes my skin crawl......

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Bifwoli: 10:41pm On Aug 13, 2019
Jonraid:
What Nigerians say about Kenya grin

What other Nigerians were saying...

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Bifwoli: 10:48pm On Aug 13, 2019
samorobo:

In.all honesty I think you should be ashamed of this.it shows how unimportant and unrecognised your city is. In africa . they are less than six cities in africa (lagos,johannesburg, casablanca, cairo,Algiers,capetown) world never misses most especially on weather forecast and trust me nairobi is not one of them as your city is mostly excluded only for you guys to keep reminding they that people live in that location despite the handful of international presence you have there from BBC to UN

Lol @ "despite a handful of international presence". You're so deluded is the same Lagos that constantly ranks amongst the worst cities for quality of life it only matters in weather? .The same Lagos where internationals won't even settle and make it their home?

Cue this post from a Nigerian like you.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by AskiaHarem(m): 1:09am On Aug 14, 2019
Bifwoli:

Lol @ "despite a handful of international presence". You're so deluded is the same Lagos that constantly ranks amongst the worst cities for quality of life it only matters in weather? .The same Lagos where internationals won't even settle and make it their home?

Cue this post from a Nigerian like you.

Blog ratings grin

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by edon21: 1:18am On Aug 14, 2019
‘Nigerian market kept Kenya Airways through hard times’
guardian.ng Aug 13, 2019 5:16 AM

PHOTO:alliance/dpa
The survival of Kenyan national carrier, Kenya Airways, from recent economic hard times has been linked to supports enjoyed from the Nigerian market.

The Country Manager of the East African carrier, Hafeez Balogun, said this in appreciation of the Nigerian patronage, which again underscores the importance of the market to international carriers.

Balogun, while receiving members of the National Association of Nigerian Travel Agencies (NANTA) and Kenya Association of Travel Agents (KATA) recently in Lagos, said the local agencies consistently support the airline, especially for clientele’s holiday programmes and tourism.

Recall that the airline, partly owned by the Kenyan government and KLM among other investors, was in financial difficulties between 2015 and 2017. This was due to operational losses, for reasons not unconnected with rapid expansion of the fleet and routes, fuel-price hedging and the 1996 agreement with KLM that was considered intrusive in the running of the flag carrier.

Though the airline returned to recovery path late 2017, no fewer than 22 out of its 26 workers in Nigeria were sacked, leading to protest and picketing by aviation workers’ unions in 2018.

The airline continued on recovery path, acquiring new aircraft and route expansion. The airline recently launched a direct flight from East Africa to United States. Passengers on Kenya Airways’ Boeing 787-8 Dream liner now take 15-hour flight from Nairobi’s Jomo Kenyatta International Airport to New York.

Kenya earned $1.2 billion in 2017 from tourism, more than a 20 per cent increase from $989 million the previous year, and the US is one of the country’s biggest tourism markets.

Balogun said though a lot of doubts heralded the New York route, over 900 Nigerian passengers had been flown on the route till date.

“Nigerians in the Diaspora are also coming home on Kenyan Airways. So, we thank Nigeria for supporting Kenya Airways.”

The Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) also commended Kenya Airways for efficient services. Director of Consumer Protection Department at the NCAA, Adamu Abdullahi, said out of the 244 flights the airline operated in Nigeria in the last six months, only 68 were delayed, two cancelled and one had a ramp return.

President of the National Association of Travel Agencies (NANTA), Bernard Bankole, said the Nigerian market is viable and a feeder for other markets.

Bankole said that it goes to show the enormous gains that await the country “if we are able to get it right with our national carrier plan”.

Indeed, no fewer than 34 foreign carriers operate in and out of Nigerian cities almost on a daily basis. Among them are nine African carriers.

For instance, Ethiopian Airlines, the largest carrier on the continent, operates into Enugu, Kano, Abuja, and Lagos daily. Similarly, Turkish Airline operates in four cities of Abuja, Kano, Lagos, and Port Harcourt. Emirates Airline currently has four frequencies daily from Lagos and Abuja.

A recent fact-check by the Airlines Operators of Nigeria (AON) revealed that the foreign carriers currently account for 90 per cent of the four million international passengers that travel through Nigerian airports yearly. The capital flight is in excess of $3 billion (N1.050 trillion).

Open Opera News to see comments
Offline reading without Internet. Download 1000+ news in just 10 seconds.

Report a problem
dislike
dislike
COPY SUCCESS

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by AskiaHarem(m): 1:27am On Aug 14, 2019
edon21:

‘Nigerian market kept Kenya Airways through hard times’
guardian.ng Aug 13, 2019 5:16 AM

PHOTO:alliance/dpa
The survival of Kenyan national carrier, Kenya Airways, from recent economic hard times has been linked to supports enjoyed from the Nigerian market.

The Country Manager of the East African carrier, Hafeez Balogun, said this in appreciation of the Nigerian patronage, which again underscores the importance of the market to international carriers.

Balogun, while receiving members of the National Association of Nigerian Travel Agencies (NANTA) and Kenya Association of Travel Agents (KATA) recently in Lagos, said the local agencies consistently support the airline, especially for clientele’s holiday programmes and tourism.

Recall that the airline, partly owned by the Kenyan government and KLM among other investors, was in financial difficulties between 2015 and 2017. This was due to operational losses, for reasons not unconnected with rapid expansion of the fleet and routes, fuel-price hedging and the 1996 agreement with KLM that was considered intrusive in the running of the flag carrier.

Though the airline returned to recovery path late 2017, no fewer than 22 out of its 26 workers in Nigeria were sacked, leading to protest and picketing by aviation workers’ unions in 2018.

The airline continued on recovery path, acquiring new aircraft and route expansion. The airline recently launched a direct flight from East Africa to United States. Passengers on Kenya Airways’ Boeing 787-8 Dream liner now take 15-hour flight from Nairobi’s Jomo Kenyatta International Airport to New York.

Kenya earned $1.2 billion in 2017 from tourism, more than a 20 per cent increase from $989 million the previous year, and the US is one of the country’s biggest tourism markets.

Balogun said though a lot of doubts heralded the New York route, over 900 Nigerian passengers had been flown on the route till date.

“Nigerians in the Diaspora are also coming home on Kenyan Airways. So, we thank Nigeria for supporting Kenya Airways.”

The Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) also commended Kenya Airways for efficient services. Director of Consumer Protection Department at the NCAA, Adamu Abdullahi, said out of the 244 flights the airline operated in Nigeria in the last six months, only 68 were delayed, two cancelled and one had a ramp return.

President of the National Association of Travel Agencies (NANTA), Bernard Bankole, said the Nigerian market is viable and a feeder for other markets.

Bankole said that it goes to show the enormous gains that await the country “if we are able to get it right with our national carrier plan”.

Indeed, no fewer than 34 foreign carriers operate in and out of Nigerian cities almost on a daily basis. Among them are nine African carriers.

For instance, Ethiopian Airlines, the largest carrier on the continent, operates into Enugu, Kano, Abuja, and Lagos daily. Similarly, Turkish Airline operates in four cities of Abuja, Kano, Lagos, and Port Harcourt. Emirates Airline currently has four frequencies daily from Lagos and Abuja.

A recent fact-check by the Airlines Operators of Nigeria (AON) revealed that the foreign carriers currently account for 90 per cent of the four million international passengers that travel through Nigerian airports yearly. The capital flight is in excess of $3 billion (N1.050 trillion).

Open Opera News to see comments
Offline reading without Internet. Download 1000+ news in just 10 seconds.

Report a problem
dislike
dislike
COPY SUCCESS

Say your thanks Kenyans, Africa always on Nigerian shoulders. wink

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by KelvinKrest01(m): 2:54am On Aug 14, 2019
68816419:
Nairobi,Kenslum of all countries ? tongue
Lagos state- South West Nigeria
Beautiful

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samorobo: 3:08am On Aug 14, 2019
Stevoh18:
Somebody say "recycling, Whites, Indians" Nigerians can't believe this is Kenya without "oil"

Nah I do believe that n as nairobi as I have always anticipated ot to be shitty which is evident in every images and videos a available online but what I can understand and believe is Singapore without oil or even kigali not nairoslum without oil

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samorobo: 3:13am On Aug 14, 2019
68816419:
World class Oshodi Bus Terminals - Largest and best in Africa grin grin

Don't you think we should send one of our millionaires this time (not our billioaires) to replicate this in nairobi so it can give that lifeless infastructure wasteland a modern look. No wonder Just30 brothers always come down to lagos to behave like bush men grin(they first started with their timidity in ikeja & yaba now it's oshodi grin)

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by AskiaHarem(m): 3:24am On Aug 14, 2019
ooooo2 grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samorobo: 3:40am On Aug 14, 2019
Fidha254:

Super organized

I can do this all day

Hahahaha this one is desperate. You are now beginning to change the line of this argument and trust me if I go the same way you are heading you will gladly take to your heels. You damn well know I am talking about your cbd but hell no you went looking for videos in a townie village called IKORODU that is in the outskirts of lagos and shares close proximity to its neighbouring state (ogun state) which is still largely rural. Now tell me how many villages and towns has bad roads NoT to even talk of good roads in Nairobi or even kenya at large huh .you enjoy untarred raw resourcesless soil for a road (pls don't even mention Nakuru so I won't provide you youtube videos on that that would make you slap kenyatta if you are given the opportunity ). At least you saw some good roads at the beginning of that video only for it to become bad at some point, it could either be that the road was abadoned since it still largely backward and rural or they were working on it as the previous one looks good.the media team was just doing their job which was reminding the govt to get to work.
Now let's me drag you back to our actual topic " WE WERE DISCUSSING YOUR CBD ROADS BEFORE YOU CHANGED IT TO RANDOM ROADS IN LAGOS" REMEMBER YOUR CBD IS YOUR MOST URBANIZE AND MOST DEVELOPED SPOT AND IT SHOULD BE IMPECCABLE. If I should center this argument on roads outside your cbd trust me you will be shamed at the end. If your cbd can't get it right no where else in kenya can ever get it right. No wonder you have less 10,000km of tarred roads since independence with an annual addition of 600km .what a shame I must say..I mean where did all that chinese loan go into, with all the debt you have to pay that is rapidly dragging you into neocolonialism yet you cant even console yourself with good roads let alone bad roads as manage at other parts outside your cbd.

As for that picture on one of lagos island cbd's I would love to tell you that pics is super old an extremely a archaic probably some 20 year ago...check the picture. Now go get me good and current pics

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samorobo: 3:42am On Aug 14, 2019
gallivant:

Maybe they were just thirsty. It's still gutter water!

Is that the kind of water those starving turkana drink

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samorobo: 3:46am On Aug 14, 2019
gallivant:

The billionaires should invest in the poverty capital. It makes more sense.

The poverty capital would be kenya, I thought imf has clarified this to you already.
If you don't like me reminding you every little time you venture off to boast tell those 113 begging kenyans to return that money that has been issued to mould their future and the future of kenya and kenyans at large else always expect that little reminder

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samorobo: 4:01am On Aug 14, 2019
PetroDollax:
[s]thunder fire your blokos, ediot. grin undernourished, undereducated, unemployable mudder fugger grin 200 million fools busy kidnapping anything that moves in their zoo sh1thole grin you call this crap country? grin you;re a pus-filled piece of garbage grin damn fvcking pedophile grin fvck you retarded gay dog grin foolish nigerian goat throwing tantrums grin grin grin grin grin grin omo naija generator republic[/s] grin grin grin

[s][/s]

What a pity that a grown ass man be reduced to a mere ghanians fool. What ever combination you must have had ,be it tilapia and toothpaste OR banku & alomo is definitely toxic to your brain. I am sure the day you were born your parent lifted you to the skies and smiled at each other saying "onto us a child is born , onto us a child is given" only for to wind up as the poster boy of stupidity, the birthplace of madness, the origin of idiocy...I can continue if you want but all I want for your stupid idiotic moronic slowpoke brain to know is that you are cursed be it by akuffo or your forefathers. From your diseased blokos to your brain no evidence of sense.

Watch closely below that is the thunder that is about to pick you up from SODOM & GOMMORRAH ( your birthplace . As the name implies that must have been the origin of your demise) and strike you to death so you can be rid of your demise once and for all

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:09am On Aug 14, 2019
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:17am On Aug 14, 2019
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samorobo: 4:19am On Aug 14, 2019
kikuyu1:

See how this one is trying so hard to console himself. This discussion did your stylishly stage it for me to read. By the way this is what the world is saying.

Absolute mockery grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTWO8jlU4WA

This pictures will make you understand properly how you never default in your debt payment grin grin grin we do not default my ass grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samorobo: 4:37am On Aug 14, 2019
Fidha254:

This is a common site in Nigerian cities, They survive on generators!

And worse still, despite bieng the largest oil producer in Africa, The likes of Chevron, Shell,BP export all the crude oil then Nigeria has to import refined oil, They have one of the worst refined oil scarcity in Africa, And since they don't have enough electricity, The generators too end up running out of fuel its a perfect storm..

Residents queing up generators at the fuel station

These are generators bieng donated to the Nigerian Police so that they can keep serving citizens in the night

Okay hypocrite here is kenyan constant electricity grin

https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/mobile/amp/article/2001335641/let-there-be-light-brilliant-villagers-are-generating-own-electricity

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:49am On Aug 14, 2019

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5100) (5101) (5102) (5103) (5104) (5105) (5106) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.