Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,290 members, 7,860,695 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:25 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (5733) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6282316 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5730) (5731) (5732) (5733) (5734) (5735) (5736) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 8:24pm On Nov 17, 2019
rvp20182:
The biggest joke of the century.. Nairobi already beat Lagos...and only has to worry about Joburg and Capetown..and Maybe Durban mpulangga

when nairobi cant match Accra level of development

then it will be considered a well to do place

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 8:26pm On Nov 17, 2019
Troy404:
i don't take him serious anymore
only a fool will compare underdeveloped nairobi to Accra

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx2: 8:27pm On Nov 17, 2019
Just30:
it only shows that we have quality people worldwide who are working globally and earning a lot

than working as sex traders grin grin
Do you know their fake quoted 47 million popluation is a disappointment? Kenya only provided 5.3 billion dollar worth of exports-related services to global customers and that only make 3% of GDP in PPP... comparing it to Ghana with 30 million population doing 7.5 billion dollar is indeed crazy ...

Ghanaian are simply more productive to this Savannah Neanderthal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NigeriaIsDoomed: 8:29pm On Nov 17, 2019
Just30:
only a fool will compare underdeveloped nairobi to Accra
You are wasting your time with animals who rent their wives to tourist just to see food to eat grin grin
What could be more demeaning than renting one's wife to tourist because of poverty and starvation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 8:31pm On Nov 17, 2019
vaxx2:
Do you know their fake quoted 47 million popluation is a disappointment? Kenya only provided 5.3 billion dollar worth of exports-related services to global customers and that only make 3% of GDP in PPP... comparing it to Ghana with 30 million population doing 7.5 billion dollar is indeed crazy ...
Export something beyond natural resources and maybe IMF monkey can get off Ghana back.Find out how many types of goods we export to world..we lead in textiles export to US for example...we lead in intra-africa trade..and because we get lot more in service..our economy is strong we never need IMF bailout

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NigeriaIsDoomed: 8:31pm On Nov 17, 2019
Rich folks grin grin grin

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by GENEGIRIA: 8:32pm On Nov 17, 2019
2.6m Kenyans going to bed hungry, Igad told grin grin grin

An elderly woman eats packed Ugali as she waits for relief food donated by Pokot professionals at Chesitet in Tiaty Sub-county, Baringo County on February 4, 2017. Over 10,000 Pokots are facing starvation.
Image: JOSEPH KANGOGO

Kenya is one of the Horn of African countries without guaranteed food security. grin grin grin

Already, 2.6 million Kenyans are food insecure and experts warn that the situation could get worse. grin grin grin

Yesterday, the National Drought Management Authority acknowledged the challenge during this year's Intergovernmental Authority on Development(Igad) resilience share meeting.

NDMA is mandated to establish mechanisms which ensure that drought does not result in emergencies and that the impacts of climate change are sufficiently mitigated.

Its director of technical services, Orre Sunya, said vulnerability to climate shocks remained one of the biggest threats to pastoralists.

"Some 600,000 are malnourished," Sunya said.

Sunya, who represented James Oduor, said the country and donors had put mitigating systems in place.

"The impact of malnutrition in development is known," he said in reference to the malnourished.

The talks were attended by Djibouti, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Kenya, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan and Uganda.

Kenya hosts over 470,000 refugees and asylum seekers, 257,000 of them from Somalia, 115,000 from South Sudan, 41,000 from the DRC and 28,000 from Ethiopia.

Forty-four per cent lives in the Dadaab refugee camp, Garissa, and 40 per cent in Kakuma camp, Turkana.

Access to basic necessities including food, shelter, water and sanitation in camps is often precarious. The refugees depend on humanitarian food assistance.

Pastoralists move to other countries in search of water and pasture, often leading to conflicts.

The worst affected counties are Baringo, Garissa, Isiolo, Marsabit, Tana River, Turkana and Wajir.

Famine Early Warning Systems Network has predicted worsening drought, severe hunger and crop failures of up to 30 per cent in parts of the region in the coming months.

Families will be unable to cope due to deteriorating conditions.

Igad's drought resilience and sustainable livelihoods project monitoring and evaluation expert Hillary Ng'eno said several projects in arid and semi-arid areas had been rolled out.

They include a Sh5.4 billion project funded jointly by government and African Development Fund. It targets Turkana, West Pokot, Baringo, Samburu, Isiolo and Marsabit.

"We have built 112 water structures and we currently have two irrigation schemes-one in Marsabit for fodder and another one in Baringo for horticulture," Ng'eno said.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samorobo: 8:35pm On Nov 17, 2019
vaxx2:
They are animal of course....

Even if we are not richly bless in gold and oil, we will still be doing more export than kenya. our cocoa export alone trash their tea export in about three folds. our humans service alone is worth over 7. 5 billion dollar, they have less than that despite their 47 million unproductive population .... data shows ....

Their over value currency has crashed the demand of their product. from -16.9% decrease since 2014 and an -11.6% dip from 2017 to 2018..... they are now giving TZ and Uganda the chances to enjoy....

Things like this makes it hard for me to believe their GDP figures

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NigeriaIsDoomed: 8:37pm On Nov 17, 2019
rvp20182:
Export something beyond natural resources and maybe IMF monkey can get off Ghana back.Find out how many types of goods we export to world..we lead in textiles export to US for example...we lead in intra-africa trade..and because we get lot more in service..our economy is strong we never need IMF bailout
This is weird bro grin Even Somalia and Central African Republic wouldn't sink to this level. grin
Kenya is a disgrace to Humanity!

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samorobo: 8:39pm On Nov 17, 2019
vaxx2:
It isn't 35 , it is 36 anyway . so adding 4 percent to it is a giveaway grin and I am using your real population of 53 million. to be honest I am been fair with numbers....

grin grin grin giveaway
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx2: 8:42pm On Nov 17, 2019
rvp20182:
that make you an idiot , our agricultural sector is far bigger and richer than yours. without the mining and oil . we still do more export than you.

we export aluminium that is a value added product, we export refined palm oil , we also do textiles( and it is one of the biggest in west africa).our human service capacity alone does better and functional than you... we are more productive

your must productive export which is tea can't matched our cocoa industry......

Ghana deals with western world becuse you are too poor to buy our product while we are the second largest consumer of africa related product behind Zambia....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Humbrown23(m): 8:42pm On Nov 17, 2019
More of enugu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by GENEGIRIA: 8:45pm On Nov 17, 2019
foolish kenyans, where are they? stvpid muddder fugger[/b]z grin grin grin

[b]Thousands of Kenyans face starvation
grin grin grin grin grin

UN warns of ongoing food insecurity in Africa, Al Jazeera looks at how Kenya is dealing with a regional hunger crisis.
by Catherine Soi
2 Apr 2019

The United Nations says war and climate-related disasters are leaving millions of people around the world fighting against hunger every day.

Countries in Africa remain disproportionately affected by food insecurity.

Kenya's northern region often suffers from food shortages grin grin grin and, like its Ethiopian and Sudanese neighbours, drought regularly leads to loss of harvest.

Al Jazeera's Catherine Soi reports from Turkana in the Northwest.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Humbrown23(m): 8:46pm On Nov 17, 2019
More

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NigeriaIsDoomed: 8:47pm On Nov 17, 2019
The ediots that rent their women to tourists due to poverty have disappeared? grin grin
Kenya is a sick country, they have lost it all.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NigeriaIsDoomed: 8:51pm On Nov 17, 2019
Where are those foolish Kenyans? Come back and insult your peers after renting your wives to foreigners cuz of hunger grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by GENEGIRIA: 8:53pm On Nov 17, 2019
Chinese company donates beer as part of drought aid to Kenyan village grin grin grin

April 08, 2019 at 04:00 pm | News
Ismail Akwei

A Chinese mining company has caused a stir after it donated 20 cartons of a China-made beer to a drought-stricken village in Kenya as part of a food aid including 300 bags of maize and 20 cartons of cooking oil.

The Ghuanshan International Mining Company Limited’s donation on Friday at the Katikit village in Tiaty sub-county, Baringo, received cheers from the villagers who tore many bags during a scramble by young men for the Tsingtao beer brand, reports Kenyan local media The Star.
Residents scrambling for food. PHOTO | FLORAH KOECH

“Locals in this area love liquor and I saw it fit to include it as part of food donation to the hunger-ravaged villages. We also donated more than 300 bags of maize and cooking oil,” said the Chinese company’s director Han Ke who is quoted by Nairobi News.
The company is reportedly eyeing to set up a diatomite factory in the area and decided to undertake the donation as its corporate social responsibility.

Ben Todonyang, a resident of the village, told Nairobi News that: “We are really thankful to get beer in this remote village. We have been hard hit by food shortage and the beer will come in handy as well so that we can enjoy ourselves and forget the myriad of problems.”
A woman runs away with carton of Chinese beer donated by Chinese workers who visited the area with donations of food to hunger ravaged residents of Katikit in Tiaty in Baringo County. PHOTO | FLORAH KOECH

However, religious bodies and health officials have condemned the donation which was done in the presence of the Tiaty MP, William Kamket.

The SDA Church led by women ministers condemned the donors for taking advantage of the suffering of the people, reports Nairobi News.

“We are perturbed as a church that some well-wishers have opted to take advantage of Kenyans suffering from hunger and instead of taking them food they give them liquor. We are condemning such acts and insist that if you are for a good course in addressing their plight then give them food,” said Anita Too.

“There are children who are suffering from malnutrition in the area due to acute food shortage and instead of even taking milk you decide to give them beer. We feel that it is being insensitive to them taking into consideration that they are eyeing to invest in the area,” she added.

Kenya’s Director of Public Health Dr Kepha Ombacho told The Star that the gesture was not just wrong but dangerous.

“This is just unacceptable. Beer is not food. You cannot introduce alcohol to people who are already starving,” he said, adding: “While we welcome people of goodwill to support, it must be proper food fit for human consumption.”

Many similar reactions were also shared on social media condemning the company’s decision to add beer to its food aid as more important items could have been provided.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samorobo: 8:54pm On Nov 17, 2019
vaxx2:

Ghanaian are simply more productive to this Savannah Neanderthal

That their stupid fake census keep making me to laugh...Kenya corruption no get rival,..walahi

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NigeriaIsDoomed: 8:54pm On Nov 17, 2019
They don run o...hohohoho grin grin grin i don chase the animals into their holes. Una fada dier grin grin
I know how to tame u animals especially that rvp2018 grin grin
I will visit Kenya very soon so that I can rent their wives for just 1 week
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samorobo: 8:57pm On Nov 17, 2019
NigeriaIsDoomed:
They don run o...hohohoho grin grin grin i don chase the animals into their holes. Una fada dier grin grin
I know how to tame u animals especially that rvp2018 grin grin
I will visit Kenya very soon so that I can rent their wives for just 1 week

Lol make it two weeks, trust the useless husband won't complain...
Rent wives, is it adogan pot grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NigeriaIsDoomed: 8:59pm On Nov 17, 2019
They will come back when I leave grin grin grin poor things comparing themselves with Nigeria. Aj no blame una na our rulers. Kenyans that are only known because of wildlife? Una dey sick grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by achimotan(m): 8:59pm On Nov 17, 2019
Kenyans and Ghanaians please stop fighting over useless stuff.We all have a long way to go
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NigeriaIsDoomed: 9:01pm On Nov 17, 2019
samorobo:

Lol make it two weeks, trust the useless husband won't complain...
Rent wives, is it adogan pot grin grin
I go collect jara join trust me grin.
I don humiliate those wildlife sotey dem run all of them. Anytime dem mess up make una quote my moniker I sabi cook for them grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx2: 9:04pm On Nov 17, 2019
Another oil discovery in Ghana today

..Springfield Exploration and Production Limited (SEP), an independent Ghanaian energy company, has made a discovery of more than 1.2 billion barrels of oil in its deepwater drilling off the coast in the Western Region.

The company last month commenced its drilling activity in the West Cape Three Points Block 2 and a little over a month later made a discovery that was set to be announced publicly last week but was called off at the last hour.

Springfield’s Chief Executive Officer, Mr. Kevin Okyere said the historic achievement chalked by his company was symbolic of what determination and perseverance could do for any individual or group of people.

He noted that from the onset, there were many who doubted the ability of Springfield to go beyond obtaining the Block from the Government, adding that even when the company brought in the world’s largest seismic vessel to Ghana to undertake research, there were ‘doubting Thomases’.

Mr. Okyere expressed hope that Springfield’s successes offshore and the numerous experience it had gathered reaching this far, would become a lesson to other Ghanaian and African companies to learn from.

Springfield had drilled two wells in the past 40 days and made discoveries in both. According to the company, out of the 1.2bn in proven reserves, 30-35 percent would be recoverable in addition to commercially viable quantities of gas.

The company is expected in the coming days to announce the findings.

Source: citinewsroom.com

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NigeriaIsDoomed: 9:05pm On Nov 17, 2019
Kenyans have logged out and now viewing as guests grin grin grin
I cooked afang soup for them since last night grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:10pm On Nov 17, 2019
Just30:
Ghanaians dont trek to libya

why are they so many Kenyans doing sex trade in the Arab lands
how to they reach libya
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx2: 9:11pm On Nov 17, 2019
Troy404:
how to they reach libya
study geography.... Ghana and Libya is only separated by Niger ...
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:12pm On Nov 17, 2019
NigeriaIsDoomed:
Kenyans have logged out and now viewing as guests grin grin grin
I cooked afang soup for them since last night grin grin
we are ahead of you in time,,
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:15pm On Nov 17, 2019
vaxx2:
study geography.... Ghana and Libya is only separated by Niger ...
How do they arrive there.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by NigeriaIsDoomed: 9:16pm On Nov 17, 2019
Troy404:
we are ahead of you in time,,
yes ahead of us in renting your wives to tourists grin cheesy
Tah go rent your wife before you die of starvation.
Please how much will it cost me to borrow your wife for a week? grin grin
Shameless folks grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx2: 9:17pm On Nov 17, 2019
Troy404:
How do they arrive there.
we disappear.....
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 17, 2019
samorobo:

That their stupid fake census keep making me to laugh...Kenya corruption no get rival,..walahi
A Nigerian talking about census, BUAHAHA

(1) (2) (3) ... (5730) (5731) (5732) (5733) (5734) (5735) (5736) ... (9933)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.