Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,248 members, 7,860,568 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:48 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (5753) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6282168 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5750) (5751) (5752) (5753) (5754) (5755) (5756) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx2: 9:57am On Nov 19, 2019
kikuyu1:

You're up against the Katanka mindset -a mind that can only conceptualize in the simplest most rigid format. The nigga can't differentiate between online forex dealer controls and a free floating shilling yet he wants to lecture you with his pretend knowledge!
You are the idiot here.... You are not only been dogged out by the online forex, you also have local men doing the trading offline . you should be smart and inteligent enough to understand it...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 10:01am On Nov 19, 2019
Breton wood institutions offer competitive zero interest long maturity loan like China. The difference China do not offer conditionalities or poke noses into your national affairs or worse tell you to cut budget spending on critical social services like education, health etc.

China will ask for a collateral - or ask you to put heavy insurance - and that is all. Ghana is just about done with 2.5B dollars from China with Bauxite as collatoral.

My beef (and I guess everyone beef) with IMF & WB - 1) their interference of internal affairs of independent countries and 2) Their very tiny balance sheet...China can lend you 10B dollars...IMF is running Ghana because they lent you 1.5B dollars. and 3) US & EU stranglehold of both - stopping attempts by China or Japan to finance IMF & WB so it can truly become global financial institution they are suppose to be.

And 4) - US gov (CIA) especially uses IMF & WB to pull through underhand deals - including regime changes or having Ghana as military base.

That is why I really pity Ghanians when I imagine IMF has terrorized your country for a record 16 times so much you have fallen in love with them.

Classic Stockholm syndrome.

Kwame Nkurmah must be turning on his grave. The independent Ghana has become a colony of Washington DC.

vaxx2:
I think you have drop of your coffee tea running off your brain? when it comes to your Chinese loan , you called Bretton wood institution propangadist, when it comes to transparency, you called China communism an outdated model which is not good for capitalist nation. then you blame TZ and kwame inkrumah ...

You talk with two mouth and this has exposed you as irresponsible idiot. for the fact that China refuse to loan you further exposed your country as debt trap nation.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 10:04am On Nov 19, 2019
How can you flush out online forex dealers? Online has no juridisctions. All CBK can do is warn them Yahoo boys. Forex online dealers are con-men who sell forex trading to gullible masses - so you open a forex trading account - fund your account - and start losing. It's online gambling.

They don't deal in any real forex. Heck they could operate from anywhere.

vaxx2:
so what are you suggesting? That the cBK have flushed them out or they don't exist anymore..... and apart from that , many indication still suggest you have unregulated traditional forex exchange...

Don't be stupid bro. go learn....

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:07am On Nov 19, 2019
samorobo:

Oh shut you idiot..You laggard zoo can't speak to about infastructure ....Nigeria has spent 3 times what you've spent in rail and she has got rails in operation than your zoo will ever dream of....your age is running at lost and can barely perform cargo function...
I don't think you understand anything Rvp is posting. .sometimes it's good to keep quiet
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx2: 10:08am On Nov 19, 2019
rvp20182:
Breton wood institutions over competitive zero interest long maturity loan like China. The difference China do not offer conditionalities or poke noses into your national affairs or worse tell you to cut budget spending on critical social services like education, health etc.

China will ask the a collateral - or ask you to put heavy insurance - and that is all.

My beef (and I guess everyone beef) with IMF & WB - 1) their interference of internal affairs of independent countries and 2) Their very tiny balance sheet...China can lend you 10B dollars...IMF is running Ghana because they lent you 1.5B dollars. and 3) US & EU stranglehold of both - stopping attempts by China or Japan to finance IMF & WB so it can truly become global financial institution they are suppose to be.

And 4) - US gov especially uses IMF & WB to pull through underhand deals - including regime change or having Ghana as military base.

That is why I really pity Ghanians when I imagine IMF has terrorized your country for a record 16 times so much you have fallen in love with them.

Classic Stockholm syndrome.

Kwame Nkurmah must be turning on his grave. The independent Ghana has become a colony of Washington DC.

You are only typing nonsense. you can make up your statement in about two paragraph....

lender are in for business and it make more sense to regulate the loan given to borrower if you want the borrower success. China on the other hamd entrap you into a debt trap and once you failed to fulfilled it, You then become a subject and a colony .. which is more evil? .... I am tired of going thru your polluted knowledge anchor on stupidity. we do it later . I have. Monday activities to attend to...

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samorobo: 10:10am On Nov 19, 2019
mtisTheQubit:

I don't think you understand anything Rvp is posting. .sometimes it's good to keep quiet

Sometimes it is best you remain stupid...I do understand what the idiot is saying..

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx2: 10:11am On Nov 19, 2019
rvp20182:
[b]How can you flush out online forex dealers? Online has no juridisctions. [/b]All CBK can do is warn them Yahoo boys. Forex online dealers are con-men who sell forex trading to gullible masses - so you open a forex trading account - fund your account - and start losing. It's online gambling.

They don't deal in any real forex. Heck they could operate from anywhere.

Then stop the argument and stop running your mouth like tap water. the above statement alredy exposed your small mind ....

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by achimotan(m): 10:12am On Nov 19, 2019
samorobo:
kenyans can't simply afford to school abroad

Nigeria ranks 11th highest in number of students in United States NEWS
Published 6 hours ago on November 19, 2019
By Correspondents 
RELATED TOPICS: Nigeria has emerged first among African
countries and eleventh, worldwide in terms
leading source of international students studying in the United States.
Latest report released by Open Doors, shows that the number of international students in the United States rose to an all‐time high in the 2018/19 academic year, the fourth consecutive year with more than one million international students.
The total number of international students, 1,095,299, is a 0.05 per cent increase over last year, according to the 2019 Open Doors Report on International Educational Exchange.
The new report indicates there was a 5.8 per cent increase in the number of students from Nigeria who are currently studying in the U.S. This percentage represents a total of 13,423 Nigerian students studying in the U.S. in the 2018/2019 academic session. This number also represents 33 per cent of the overall African students in the United States.
Nigerians are enrolled in more than 1,000 institutions in 51 states and territories in the United States, out of which 18 per cent are studying in Texas. Nigerian students using EducationUSA services recorded $16million in scholarships and financial aid awarded to newly admitted students for the 2019 academic year.
Open Doors 2019, released yesterday by the Institute of International Education (IIE) and the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, highlights the continued competitiveness of the U.S. higher education sector as a destination of choice for international students and the growing interest in international educational exchange among U.S. students. The release of the new Open Doors data marks the celebration of International Education Week, a joint initiative of the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Education to prepare Americans for a global environment and attract future leaders from other countries to study, learn, and exchange experiences in the United States.
The Open Doors report is published annually by the Institute of International Education in partnership with the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs.

They are the third African country with the highest number of students in the US.They have over 3000 students studying there

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 10:12am On Nov 19, 2019
It's actually Tuesday. I think you should rest man. I'd rather China take a port like Srilanka on 99yr concession. The port is still in Srilanka and is part of SriLanka. It's just China running it. Than have IMF terror squad on Ghana. I see you even signed off military base for 20M dollars smiley - must be CIA pulling the strings from DC.
vaxx2:
You are only typing nonsense. you can make up your statement in about two paragraph....

lender are in for business and it make more sense to regulate the loan given to borrower if you want the borrower success. China on the other hamd entrap you into a debt trap and once you failed to fulfilled it, You then become a subject and a colony .. which is more evil? .... I am tired of going thru your polluted knowledge anchor on stupidity. we do it later . I have. Monday activities to attend to...

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 10:22am On Nov 19, 2019
You nailed it's Kantakataka mindset. I knew they we never serious when they defended that Kantaka smiley.car manufacturer. I think I need to visit West Africa - I am intrigued by their mindset (or mindlessness).
kikuyu1:

You're up against the Katanka mindset -a mind that can only conceptualize in the simplest most rigid format. The nigga can't differentiate between online forex dealer controls and a free floating shilling yet he wants to lecture you with his pretend knowledge!

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 10:25am On Nov 19, 2019
Kenya was leading until I think 2012 or around - we use to send 7,000 students to the US - but we fixed our education. This is how Ghana and Nigeria loses forex. Sending student all over the world to school is sending forex all over the world. Australia for example I think education forex is probably 2nd largest source after minning. Build universities locally.
achimotan:

They are the third African country with the highest number of students in the US.They have over 3000 students studying there
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by theenchanter: 10:38am On Nov 19, 2019
Mkenya2019:
Check branch,tala, cellulant,twiga foods are Kenyan
oh, pls..... branch and tala aren't kenyan.

Cellulant is co-founded by a Nigerian and a Kenyan, that doesn't make it wholly kenyan.

Twiga foods is d only kenyan owned fintech.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:54am On Nov 19, 2019
vaxx2:
If I go by your logic here, I will also conclude the master card has no basis since the most popular card in Ghana is visa , the third on your map... we couldn't get accurate figure since not all visitor are registerd unless you are limiting it to those who pass thru the airport...

Yes Nigeria are good larger chunk of visitors in Ghana particularly from neighbouring country just as you have more Tanzania and Uganda visiting your country than Americans.

But Nigeria mostly use visa card not master card ..... And using this year statistics from the authority , Americans visiting Ghana percentage has increased by 30 percent and that of United kingdom has also double by 11 percent.... it is expected to move up again by December when the year of return event start.

there is no evidence of your mombasa or Nairobi doing it better than Accra in terms of visit if you failed to trust payment card system which is globally recognised .

Must be very enjoyable being a idiot. Are you saying you don't register visitors in Ghana? What a banana republic. Kenya registered 2,025,206 visits in 2018. Thats the figure collected from the various entry points, airports, ports, border entry points etc. If Ghanaians must rely on Mastercard to tell who visited their country then you can see why your country is a failed state. A modern day slave to multinationals and IMF.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 10:56am On Nov 19, 2019
Just30:
as tiny as Kotoka is, it is still bigger than JKIA

How?? In your head.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by surplusk: 10:57am On Nov 19, 2019
gallivant:

If only you could articulate yourself in a soberly manner, you would make life a lot easier for many trying to understand your concerns.
You might have been intoxicated after hearing the word "prostitution and how useless they are" Life wasn't meaningful since the white men were busy taking over even as far as the underage ones into the sex industry right there. I only understood that bringing u back to memory lane wasn't just too emotional but mysteries. I only showed concerned to sympathize with you on the innocent souls that were already falling victim everyday at their tender age due to poverty. Go and read ur book boy to console urself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 11:01am On Nov 19, 2019
It doesn't matter where it was founded or who founded - the money is coming to Kenya.
theenchanter:
oh, pls..... branch and tala aren't kenyan.

Cellulant is co-founded by a Nigerian and a Kenyan, that doesn't make it wholly kenyan.

Twiga foods is d only kenyan owned fintech.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:02am On Nov 19, 2019
Just30:
grin grin grin grin

Ghana was not even struggling with tourism before
How will it do , now that it has reconnected with the Caribbean ?

What will they come to see in Ghana? grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by theenchanter: 11:02am On Nov 19, 2019
rvp20182:
It doesn't matter where it was founded or who founded - the money is coming to Kenya.
so why call it kenyan?

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:05am On Nov 19, 2019
Just30:
Accra is well written about in Books
Its culture, geography and its politics and wars by poets globally

Movies and a whole lot

Stop lying just30. Accra is only known in West Africa and Wikipedia grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:07am On Nov 19, 2019
Just30:

Comparing bush Mombasa to Accra is the biggest joke of the 21st century

compare Mombasa with Ada

What is Ada? grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by achimotan(m): 11:11am On Nov 19, 2019
rvp20182:
Kenya was leading until I think 2012 or around - we use to send 7,000 students to the US - but we fixed our education. This is how Ghana and Nigeria loses forex. Sending student all over the world to school is sending forex all over the world. Australia for example I think education forex is probably 2nd largest source after minning. Build universities locally.

There will always be the urge to travel by a tiny minority even if local universities are comparable to the standards of Stanford or Cornell .Back at high school; i had mates who were so fixated about going to school in the states. Whiles some of us would go for vacation classes in preparation for the WAEC exams, they would be at the US Embassy library learning about SAT, ACT and TOFEL.
There would be loss of forex in the short run but in the long run, those who decide to stay and work also send forex to their parents and buy houses

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx2: 11:14am On Nov 19, 2019
TayserMahri:

Must be very enjoyable being a idiot. Are you saying you don't register visitors in Ghana? What a banana republic. Kenya registered 2,025,206 visits in 2018. Thats the figure collected from the various entry points, airports, ports, border entry points etc. If Ghanaians must rely on Mastercard to tell who visited their country then you can see why your country is a failed state. A modern day slave to multinationals and IMF.
You only promote yourself as an analphabetic slowpoke here. Not all data can be captured cus there is free movement for member of ecowas state here. so using the same stick for every drum is as stupid as kenya treating every debt as opportunity. Already you have establish yourself as a province of Beijing.and at the same time a stooge for Asia colony. you see how your citizens are been cruelly treated by your modern day master .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:22am On Nov 19, 2019
vaxx2:
You only promote yourself as an analphabetic slowpoke here. Not all data can be captured cus there is free movement for member of ecowas state here. so using the same stick for every drum is as stupid as kenya treating every debt as opportunity. Already you have establish yourself as a province of Beijing.and at the same time a stooge for Asia colony. you see how your citizens are been cruelly treated by your modern day master .

So mastercard captures all data?? Why are you being a professional slowpoke?? What about all those people without mastercard??
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx2: 11:26am On Nov 19, 2019
TayserMahri:

So mastercard captures all data?? Why are you being a professional slowpoke?? What about all those people without mastercard??
You are demonstrating stupidity here? I already says it is an average assessment. no visitor comes into your country without spending. master , visa and American card are some of international recognised card ....unless You are telling me card payment transaction is unavailable to member of master card holder in Nairobi. which i will then ask what is most common? which I observed it is visa card . we can do assessment on it as well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 11:49am On Nov 19, 2019
I think if they stayed here, went to local university, got local jobs, they would contribute a lot more good to their economy and families - than if they sent occasional dollars while building economies of abroad - both thro their careers and spending most of their earning there. The remittance will stop after one generation - their kids will cut ties with Nigeria. I only support sending a small % of kids abroad to the best universities out there - not community college riffraff- and bringing them back as soon as they graduate...or sending them for post-graduate - and bring them back to find or create jobs.

achimotan:

There will always be the urge to travel by a tiny minority even if local universities are comparable to the standards of Stanford or Cornell .Back at high school; i had mates who were so fixated about going to school in the states. Whiles some of us would go for vacation classes in preparation for the WAEC exams, they would be at the US Embassy library learning about SAT, ACT and TOFEL.
There would be loss of forex in the short run but in the long run, those who decide to stay and work also send forex to their parents and buy houses

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:54am On Nov 19, 2019
vaxx2:
You are demonstrating stupidity here? I already says it is an average assessment. no visitor comes into your country without spending. master , visa and American card are some of international recognised card ....unless You are telling me card payment transaction is unavailable to member of master card holder in Nairobi. which i will then ask what is most common? which I observed it is visa card . we can do assessment on it as well.

I dont need stories vaxx. Just tell me the following.

Is there a statistical body or tourist body or immigration body that captures visitors within the territory of Ghana?

1. If yes, what are its figures? Dont tell me they dont capture all data because that is the same for every country, no statistical body captures all data.

2. If no, then it is well understood why your country relies on foreign agents to estimate the number of visitors to Ghana. Mastercard would be far worse in capturing more accurate visitor numbers than any agency within the country.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx2: 12:15pm On Nov 19, 2019
Three auto firms to unveil locally assembled cars in Ghana early 2020

The three automobile companies that have signed agreements with the government to establish vehicle assembly plants in the country say they are on track to put their first vehicles on Ghana’s roads by next year.While VW is expected to deliver the first car by the first quarter of next year, Toyota is looking at August and Nissan before 2020 ends.

All three companies have acquired lands for setting up the plants, while working towards meeting all the regulatory requirements.

Nissan

The General Manager of Nissan West Africa, Mr Imad Antoine Ghorayeb, told the Daily Graphic that the company had already established its West Africa Regional Office and begun training sales and after-sales technicians in the sub-region ahead of production.

He said by the end of 2019, it would employ administrative staff to run the office.

“The kick-off of Nissan operations in Ghana should be around the first quarter of 2020, but you should be driving the first Nissan cars before the end of 2020,” he said.

He said the plant would be sited at the Tema Industrial Enclave, adding that the Tema area was chosen because of its proximity to the port to make it easy for transportation.

The Japanese multinational automobile manufacturer, Nissan, signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Ghana in November last year to establish an assembly plant in Ghana.

Nissan, which leads new car sales in Ghana with a 32 per cent market share, plans to make Ghana its sales hub in West Africa.

Toyota

Toyota Ghana’s Semi Knocked-Down (SKD) Project Coordinator, Mr Collins Donkor, told the Daily Graphic that the company was in the process of acquiring a building which would be modified to suit the needs of the plant.

While declining to give the location of the site, Mr Donkor said Toyota had considered the option of putting up the facility from scratch, but given the time limitation, it decided to acquire a property to modify it to meet the needs of the facility, which was expected to put Ghana’s auto manufacturing development policy in full gear.

Toyota Tsusho Corporation, on August 28, 2019, signed an MoU with the government of Ghana for the establishment of a Toyota and Suzuki assembly plant in Ghana on the day the company bought almost a five per cent stake in Suzuki.

VW

The General Manager of Universal Motors, Mr Kevin Ackerberg, said the company had gone far with its preparations, with the only hold up being the registration of the company.

He said the authorised distributors of VW vehicles had a facility with a capacity of about 1,000 to 2,000 units a year, but was quick to add that in the near future, the company would build a plant that could produce 10,000 to 15,000 units a year.

“We have got vehicles to be shipped to us at this stage. By the first quarter of next year, our first car assembled here will be ready,” he said.

In August last year, VW signed an MoU with the government of Ghana to begin the process of establishing an assembly plant in the country to serve the West African sub-regional market.

Ghana’s auto policy

The MoUs with the auto giants followed the government’s announcement of the Ghana Automotive Manufacturing Development Programme (GAMDP), which the Nana Akufo-Addo administration hopes will, among other things, generate high quality skilled jobs in manufacturing, offer an import substitution and export promotion to improve the balance of payment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx2: 12:16pm On Nov 19, 2019
how are you austine1212. i saw you down there?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:17pm On Nov 19, 2019
Only IN KENYA

An unlikely battle took place after a python tried to eat a leopard in a safari park, only for the big cat to emerge the victor.

The duo initially had their eyes on an unsuspecting impala, but the python then decided to try his luck with the leopard instead.

Initially caught off guard, the big cat leapt into the air and swiped with its enormous paws as the python tried to squeeze it into submission at Maasai Mara Triangle Reserve in Kenya.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 12:32pm On Nov 19, 2019
TayserMahri:

I dont need stories vaxx. Just tell me the following.

Is there a statistical body or tourist body or immigration body that captures visitors within the territory of Ghana?

1. If yes, what are its figures? Dont tell me they dont capture all data because that is the same for every country, no statistical body captures all data.

2. If no, then it is well understood why your country relies on foreign agents to estimate the number of visitors to Ghana. Mastercard would be far worse in capturing more accurate visitor numbers than any agency within the country.

you were right
the guy is indeed a NIGHA

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx2: 12:36pm On Nov 19, 2019
tylann:

you were right
the guy is indeed a NIGHA
Then Obama is what ? kenyame ( kenya-america)...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Kuruptnigga: 12:40pm On Nov 19, 2019
vaxx2:
Then Obama is what ? kenyame ( kenya-america)...
Fact is that. Ghana is far more developed than zoo kenya

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (5750) (5751) (5752) (5753) (5754) (5755) (5756) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.