Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,912 members, 7,848,679 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 08:34 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (5920) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6264323 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5917) (5918) (5919) (5920) (5921) (5922) (5923) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 11:41am On Dec 01, 2019
Borno State
Borno is challenging us to learn a thing about agribusiness,or two. Corn chips processing plant, cassava processing plant and now onions/ginger dehydrating plant. These projects will add value to farm produce and increase IGR. How viable is Kenya counties without Nairobi allocation?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx1: 11:43am On Dec 01, 2019
Just30:
the remaining 70%
uhuru owns 40% and the rest is useless lands
The practice dated back to colonial era

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:43am On Dec 01, 2019
Just30:

haha you make me laughs grin grin grin

an employed Kenyans will be a pauper in Ghana

why are employed Kenyans still living in villages in Kenya ?
They cant even afford to live in good houses hence the trillions of slums in your country.

Kenya is so cheap yet still they employed in Kenya cnt afford good homes to live in
neither can they afford good hospital or schools.

why will you set up a country to treat your fellow citizens like thrash in their own country?
Look a jua kali artisan in Kenya (informal sector) can easily get 500ksh ($5 ) per day..your employed get 200kshs ($2) as minimum wage..just tel me who is poor here..I'll start calling you Suffer an Smile grin

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 11:43am On Dec 01, 2019
mtisTheQubit:

look if what you call urbanization is like living in kumasi and accra hell not...rural Kenya got everything we want..bythe way all those foreigners whom you keep on quoting live in rural settings..
grin grin grin

you mean rural kenya that is in darkness without hospitals and roads ?

yeah youve got everything grin grin

People with enough disposable income urbanize faster
they build good houses to live in
build good roads and hospitals.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 11:44am On Dec 01, 2019
but who are they deceiving grin grin grin

that is why more Kenyans are dying from road accidents
vaxx1:
They prefer malls to hospital. it gives them the fake reality of wealth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx1: 11:46am On Dec 01, 2019
Just30:
but who are they deceiving grin grin grin

that is why more Kenyans are dying from road accidents
grin.... They are deciving themselves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 11:46am On Dec 01, 2019
mtisTheQubit:

The other day you said they used to manage the camps... grin grin

how is it different from this ?

they owned or manage the camps and the Europeans pay them to help slow down the flow

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 11:46am On Dec 01, 2019
vaxx1:

Your country was a cursed nation, tectonic plate shift you from the grassland area which is close to the sahel which boder Europe . had it been, you were fortunate to live in grass land, all your hungry citizens will have find their way out but nature places a cursed on you. remain in Savannah and dine with animals of your calibre

grin grin
Ok vaxx i know where ths is heading so am out

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 11:47am On Dec 01, 2019
mtisTheQubit:

The other day you said they used to manage the camps... grin grin

and these are Ghanaians who were working in Libya before the war

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by pacretus(m): 11:48am On Dec 01, 2019
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

You go and build a transport University in the middle of nowhere in one of the poorest parts of Nigeria. You go and put a transport university in a place with zero infrastructure. Come on let's be serious about this even for him to put the university in his own Village is a big?
Katsina state is more developed than your brain

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx1: 11:51am On Dec 01, 2019
Just30:
and these are Ghanaians who were working in Libya before the war
I wish he knew.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 11:56am On Dec 01, 2019
mtisTheQubit:

i though you said 80% of ghana economy is informal...man you got have memory lapse...
Look poor people run through libya escaping poverty...dude there is nothing about richness in little colony..nothing

yes 80% of the known economy of Ghana come from the informal sector.

the only colony we HAVE come to know is Kenya
a part colony of China
part Arabs
and part Persians

The informal sector of Ghana has made Ghanaians middle class people
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 11:57am On Dec 01, 2019
mtisTheQubit:

And they all dropping..The only thing working in your country is oil...
which one is dropping?

they are all increasing
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 12:00pm On Dec 01, 2019
mtisTheQubit:

First you are spending almost everything on wages an interest..second IMF owns Ghana..show me any country bailed out so many times like Ghana by IMF..
we spend 40% of our revenue on wages

Because we have to pay our citizens better

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by psychologygh: 12:01pm On Dec 01, 2019
mtisTheQubit:

Look a jua kali artisan in Kenya (informal sector) can easily get 500ksh ($5 ) per day..your employed get 200kshs ($2) as minimum wage..just tel me who is poor here..I'll start calling you Suffer an Smile grin
shut up and don't say what you don't know. Informal artisans are paid 70 cedis that's 11 dollars per day.We call some of those artisans in building construction as kpomkpo because all they do is the most unskilled part of construction as in just carrying cement mixed concrete on a small head pan or just mixing cement with water and sand for the day.basic driver's conductor of our informal trotro bus known as matatu in Kenya take 60 cedis a day which is about 10.5 dollars daily.No worker is paid that minimum wage of 2 dollars. It's just a benchmark and 99.9% of workers are paid far ahead of the minimum wage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 12:02pm On Dec 01, 2019
mtisTheQubit:

minimum wage in Ghana is 80 cedis

we call it the daily wage agreed on by the market

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx1: 12:03pm On Dec 01, 2019
mtisTheQubit:

And they all dropping..The only thing working in your country is oil...
Stupid graph , Ghana has made more sale in gold than oil this year . just for October data , over 7 billion dollar worth of gold have been sold to international market. we make less than 3 billion dollar on oil.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx1: 12:07pm On Dec 01, 2019
psychologygh:
shut up and don't say what you don't know. Informal artisans are paid 70 cedis that's 11 dollars per day.We call some of those artisans in building construction as kpomkpo because all they do is the most unskilled part of construction as in just carrying cement mixed concrete on a small head pan or just mixing cement with water and sand for the day.basic driver's conductor of our informal trotro bus known as matatu in Kenya take 60 cedis a day which is about 10.5 dollars daily.No worker is paid that minimum wage of 2 dollars. It's just a benchmark and 99.9% of workers are paid far ahead of the minimum wage.
Even in northern Ghana, the mixing guy ( those who mixed the cement and water go home daily with 60 cedis . I saw it yesterday with my own eyes....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 12:08pm On Dec 01, 2019
25 Year Old Unveils Nigeria's First Carbon Fibre "Bennie Purrie" Sports Car That Has Gullwing Doors

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 12:12pm On Dec 01, 2019
Lag

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by psychologygh: 12:19pm On Dec 01, 2019
vaxx1:
Even in northern Ghana, the mixing guy ( those who mixed the cement and water go home daily with 60 cedis . I saw it yesterday with my own eyes....
some are paid 120 cedis depending on the location and type of building and that's the unskilled labor. In Greater Accra Region covering both Accra and Tema cities,80 cedis per day is the benchmark. You don't pay below 80 cedis and even the casual women who fetches water for the construction within the same distance of the constitution site and the pipe water take 50 cedis each for the day.Nationwide the minimum is 70 cedis and at lowest is the 60 cedis if you really negotiate with them and the project is a small one in other parts of the country.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 12:25pm On Dec 01, 2019
mtisTheQubit:

I thought we agreed we quote the master IMF which says Ghana is a sick little economy ....nothing there
jokes aside bro, have just read one of the articles about Ghana and I was so impressed about their strive to emerge as west Africa powers Their economy is booming like f*ckn crazy,! Their individuals are well treated and managed as compared to any other west Africa country, their inflation rate is lower and thus HDI speaks volume in that nation. Give Ghana few years from now and see where it will be. Ghana is indeed striving. I also searched for west Africa and east Africa countries comparison and indeed Ghana has appeared several times on different comparison indices than any other country in west Africa as far as management of individual citizens is concerned. Kenyans should also learn from Ghana on that! But that will bring the question why,? Which will presumably take us to the drawing board. Ghana is a small country in terms of population and size in general, just like any other small countries in Africa e.g Seychelles, Mauritius, e.t.c which dominates the purchasing power parity in terms of GDP per capita and HDI by a huge margin, and that should tell a lot. There are others despite the challenges they still do better in terms of GDP per Capita, but far far behind in nominal GDP, we can trace the likes of Libya, Botswana e.t.c . Now what is the point? Ghana 's economy rely mostly on wages and salaries. But when it comes to other indices, am not hating but Ghana is a joke., to say this doesn't dispute the fact that Kenya is ahead of Ghana! Although both countries are doing the same when it comes to development, when Ghana grows Kenya is also growing and the margin will remain unattainable.

#let's learn from each other.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by 68816419: 12:33pm On Dec 01, 2019
God Bless West Africa countries
1- Senegal
2- Abidjan
3- Conakry,Guinea

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx1: 12:34pm On Dec 01, 2019
Shma:
jokes aside bro, have just read one of the articles about Ghana and I was so impressed about their strive to emerge as west Africa powers Their economy is booming like f*ckn crazy,! Their individuals are well treated and managed as compared to any other west Africa country, their inflation rate is lower and thus HDI speaks volume in that nation. Give Ghana few years from now and see where it will be. Ghana is indeed striving. I also searched for west Africa and east Africa countries comparison and indeed Ghana has appeared several times on different comparison indices than any other country in west Africa as far as management of individual citizens is concerned. Kenyans should also learn from Ghana on that! But that will bring the question why,? Which will presumably take us to the drawing board. Ghana is a small country in terms of population and size in general, just like any other small countries in Africa e.g Seychelles, Mauritius, e.t.c which dominates the purchasing power parity in terms of GDP per capita and HDI by a huge margin, and that should tell a lot. There are others despite the challenges they still do better in terms of GDP per Capita, but far far behind in nominal GDP, we can trace the likes of Libya, Botswana e.t.c . Now what is the point? Ghana 's economy rely mostly on wages and salaries. But when it comes to other indices, am not hating but Ghana is a joke., to say this doesn't dispute the fact that Kenya is ahead of Ghana! Although both countries are doing the same when it comes to development, when Ghana grows Kenya is also growing and the margin will remain unattainable.

Your only problem is putting kenya ahead of Ghana. you rightly make a good observation anyway. Ethiopia don't even have that weight .

just to correct you, Ghana is the 13 largest populated country in africa of about 55 if we include south Sudan or 56 if western Sahara is included . Ghana has a population of 30 million that is half of Tanzania.....that ain't a small nation. we are rightly behind Angola in population.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 12:41pm On Dec 01, 2019
psychologygh:
its been reviewed to 80 cedis

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 12:48pm On Dec 01, 2019
The is a reason why Kenya will never catch up with Ghana

What Is Purchasing Power Parity (PPP)?
One popular macroeconomic analysis metric to compare economic productivity and standards of living between countries is purchasing power parity (PPP). PPP is an economic theory that compares different countries' currencies through a "basket of goods" approach.

According to this concept, two currencies are in equilibrium—known as the currencies being at par—when a basket of goods is priced the same in both countries, taking into account the exchange rates.

Shma:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 12:53pm On Dec 01, 2019
no one use nominal gdp to compare countries

Pairing Purchasing Power Parity With Gross Domestic Product
In contemporary macroeconomics, gross domestic product (GDP) refers to the total monetary value of the goods and services produced within one country. Nominal GDP calculates the monetary value in current, absolute terms. Real GDP adjusts the nominal gross domestic product for inflation.

However, some accounting goes even further, adjusting GDP for the PPP value. This adjustment attempts to convert nominal GDP into a number more easily comparable between countries with different currencies.

To better understand how GDP paired with purchase power parity works, suppose it costs $10 to buy a shirt in the U.S., and it costs €8.00 to buy an identical shirt in Germany. To make an apples-to-apples comparison, we must first convert the €8.00 into U.S. dollars. If the exchange rate was such that the shirt in Germany costs $15.00, the PPP would, therefore, be 15/10, or 1.5.

In other words, for every $1.00 spent on the shirt in the U.S., it takes $1.50 to obtain the same shirt in Germany buying it with the euro.
Shma:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Aderr: 1:00pm On Dec 01, 2019
vaxx1:
You are iliiterate on the subject yourself. keep to your delution. what do you know about the subject. it didn't hit any stone water at all.
The mtis guy is an illiterate when it comes to real debates.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:00pm On Dec 01, 2019
psychologygh:
How cedis for a dollar? undecided

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:01pm On Dec 01, 2019
Aderr:
The mtis guy is an illiterate when it comes to real debates.
Just show me where am wrong..if not then be gon nigha

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:02pm On Dec 01, 2019
vaxx1:
Stupid graph , Ghana has made more sale in gold than oil this year . just for October data , over 7 billion dollar worth of gold have been sold to international market. we make less than 3 billion dollar on oil.
Graph belongs to IMF duh..your master.. grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:02pm On Dec 01, 2019
Just30:
minimum wage in Ghana is 80 cedis

we call it the daily wage agreed on by the market
Little liar... grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5917) (5918) (5919) (5920) (5921) (5922) (5923) ... (9933)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.