Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,741 members, 7,851,556 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:44 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (615) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6269862 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (612) (613) (614) (615) (616) (617) (618) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 6:52pm On May 10, 2017
iblawi:

47 counties produce only 2.5 cities.

I have seen so much on this thread that I dont even know who to quote. A Ghanaian claimed Accra is the commercial hub in west Africa.

Kenyan claim Mombasa have more high rise and that makes it better than port Harcout.

Are you guys so dumb?

The oil money from Portharcourt is more than enough to cover everything thing you get from Nairobi not to talk of Mombasa. In terms of industries please just don't mention cause Nairobi can't even boast major industries not to talk of Mombasa.

Do you know your Oil money goes to the pocket of very few ppl and a big chuck goes to U.S shells and BP.

Does PH even have a working Refinery
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 6:53pm On May 10, 2017
Jay254:

Hahaha most of this guys have been blinded by their politicians...

I read somewhere that the oil mined in Nigeria since 1956 is equal to Brazillian Economy .

At times I believe Nigerian Figures are cooked to hide the reality.. you find a city like PH with same GDP as Durban S.A.

Only blind ppl can believe that

Yes, our cities lag behind in infrastructures due to the decades we wasted under military rule.
And besides, it's quite mad to compare with South African cities that have been built hundreds of years ago.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 6:54pm On May 10, 2017
Vipingo Ridge Mombasa

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nowenuse: 6:54pm On May 10, 2017
iamord:

Are you here to learn or to keep finding words from my mouth to argue about? You know you confirm my point earlier that a lot of nigerians are ethnocentric and chauvinistic, if you are really interested in knowing the positive sides the web articles you munched from provided the info i stated and much more, if you read it you won't come up telling me this. and what does the size of a city have to do with the revenue being generated in a city..?? is it not the activities in the city that brings revenue. smh.

Ok, pls, what is the GDP of these cities?? Tell us
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 6:55pm On May 10, 2017
Vipingo Ridge

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 6:56pm On May 10, 2017
Vipingo

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 6:58pm On May 10, 2017
DonnieTheGreat:

Yes sir, i stay in Abuja..Stop lying i know you don't like Nigeria but the lies are unnecessary.Abuja is like london!!.The only underdeveloped district in Abuja is Nyanya. But even Naynya is not in Abuja its in Nasarawa state. Please kindly mention those 60 underdeveloped districts of Abuja. Atleast mention 3.Thanks

Also you said lagos is leading because of population. Thats illogical, if huge populations meant better GDP then Kano the most populated state in Nigeria would definitely be in the lead. Lagos is developing for many reasons and population is just a very tiny part of it.

Also,
Do you know that atleast 60% of Nigerians are under the age of 18, Another 22% are above the age of 65(retired). That means the Nigerian workforce constitutes of just maximum of 18% of the whole population of the country.

Lets do the math:
18% of 180million is 32 million.

So imagine, 32 million people without constant Electricity, who grew up under very strict military rule and lack access to basic amenities have managed to generate a GDP of over $400 billion.(10% of our GDP comes from oil..not included) in the space of just 17 years of Democratic rule. Imagine!!

Honestly,
I think you guys from other African Countries need to humble yourselves and learn one or two traits from Nigerians. What we have achieved in the last 17 years is somewhat unreal.

We are not perfect but give us the credit we deserve.!!

wait am not a ghanian. i have visited abuja so many times. jos is my second home . hausa is my second language. am a yoruba from osun state nigeria. you said am lying. google is there to proof me wrong if you doubt me. You have mention one so check on the remaining.

forget the political proparganda. lagos is the most populated area in nigeria. wikipedia reference it. lagos is only developing base on the population and nothing more. lagos is not an enabling enviroment for business. Check countries with ease of doing business. Nigeria ranks far below ghana.

nigeria use to have a very good light in the 60 70s when the only source of income is cocoa and timber. sir shagari came into power and declare nigeria a rich country full of oil wealth and thus become nigeria challengies.
your calculation is bogus. research says nigerians lies alot with their age. they lower their age to join civil service and also retire very late claiming they are 65 and they are not.

nigeria is not the only country to experience millitary rule. ghana is also another excellent example. ghana electricity is not sufficient in the 60 and 70 when nigeria was enjoying constant electricity and development.

what is the meaning of a high gdp if he does not reflect on the table of average nigeria. so many nigeria are leaving below 2 dollars. the nigeria current minimum wage is not up to 40 dollars.

a country without the huge population you have ,abundant natural resources you posses , not having enough phd holders from her universities compare to yours is rubbing shoulder economically with you. should be a big shame.

nigeria do not deserve any credit. she is a failed state. if a country should deserve credit it will be benin republic who achieved more with just cotton production and ghana with average amount of GOLD mining.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 6:59pm On May 10, 2017
freshest4live:
Kenya in 2016 only had to split about 302 Billion Kenyan shilling, which is about 1 trillion Naira among the counties
https://www.google.de/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2016/02/02/counties-to-split-sh307-billion-in-2016-17_c1286869&ved=0ahUKEwjh1Z3t8OXTAhXMFSwKHcMWAKkQFggiMAI&usg=AFQjCNGwBgH89o2y3euWTG3vlo82auIVEw,

This is from the Central Govt.. Each county has its own collection mechanism from the counties..
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by freshest4live: 7:05pm On May 10, 2017
iblawi:

I have seen so much on this thread that I dont even know who to quote. A Ghanaian claimed Accra is the commercial hub in west Africa.

Kenyan claim Mombasa have more high rise and that makes it better than port Harcout.

Are you guys so dumb?

The oil money from Portharcourt is more than enough to cover everything thing you get from Nairobi not to talk of Mombasa. In terms of industries please just don't mention cause Nairobi can't even boast major industries not to talk of Mombasa.
Lol don't mind them, even the money Abacha alone stole can buy everything in Nairobi and mombassa combined. And yet they doubt Nigerian GDP. We are not even talking of the numerous looting still going on till this moment.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:09pm On May 10, 2017
Jay254:

I dnt know they sold it So they have nothing in Kenya
Yap the Nigerians sold it . Orange,AXA, Goldman Sachs , MTN Group, Millicom , Rocket Internet are just some of companies with equity in the firm

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by DonnieTheGreat: 7:21pm On May 10, 2017
vaxx:
wait am not a ghanian. i have visited abuja so many times. jos is my second home . hausa is my second language. am a yoruba from osun state nigeria. you said am lying. google is there to proof me wrong if you doubt me. You have mention one so check on the remaining.

forget the political proparganda. lagos is the most populated area in nigeria. wikipedia reference it. lagos is only developing base on the population and nothing more. lagos is not an enabling enviroment for business. Check countries with ease of doing business. Nigeria ranks far below ghana.

nigeria use to have a very good light in the 60 70s when the only source of income is cocoa and timber. sir shagari came into power and declare nigeria a rich country full of oil wealth and thus become nigeria challengies.
your calculation is bogus. research says nigerians lies alot with their age. they lower their age to join civil service and also retire very late claiming they are 65 and they are not.

nigeria is not the only country to experience millitary rule. ghana is also another excellent example. ghana electricity is not sufficient in the 60 and 70 when nigeria was enjoying constant electricity and development.

what is the meaning of a high gdp if he does not reflect on the table of average nigeria. so many nigeria are leaving below 2 dollars. the nigeria current minimum wage is not up to 40 dollars.

a country without the huge population you have ,abundant natural resources you posses , not having enough phd holders from her universities compare to yours is rubbing shoulder economically with you. should be a big shame.

nigeria do not deserve any credit. she is a failed state. if a country should deserve credit it will be benin republic who achieved more with just cotton production and ghana with average amount of GOLD mining.

Typical Afonja Boy, ====> Am Yoruba too grin

Baba you managed to type a lot of things and still evaded all the questions i asked.

You said only 6 out of the 66 districts in Abuja are developed. Kindly mention at least 3 out of the 60 underdeveloped districts in Abuja.

Google is not my friend. Help me out grin grin.

Also,
If you knew anything about how demographics(age) of a population is calculated you would know that its not done by going from house to house asking for people's age...so the idea that Nigerians lie about their age, therefore the demographics stats are false does not make sense at all. Infact its laughable......Honestly, you think demographics are calculated by govt officials going from house to house asking people's ages....lol grin grin grin.

On a more serious note demographics are calculated from fertility rates, mortality rates and a couple of other metrics. So the data i presented is correct with a very little margin of error which are already catered for in the stats.

Also,
The problem with Nigerians is that although we are highly intelligent people we usually judge economic development based on access to basic amenities such as Electricity, access to pipe borne water e.t.c.....Hence in the eye of the average Nigerian Benin republic and ghana are more developed than Nigeria because they have constant electricity. grin grin grin.

Again,
This method of thinking is very laughable. Because Countries around the world are measured based on economic performance (GDP) not availability of basic Amenities. Nigeria has the largest GDP in Africa. hence Nigeria economically is the best Country in Africa.finish!

America in global rankings is not ranked ahead of Canada because American citizens enjoy more access to basic Amenities more than Canadian citizens no!!. America is ranked ahead of Canada because she out performs Canada Economically.

If Countries were graded based on Access to basic amenities, Scandanavian Countries, Canada would be leading the world while the like of Nigeria, USA and China would be the 3 worst countries in the world.

Do you understand sir?

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:23pm On May 10, 2017
Jay254:

Nigerian Cities look slumish, if it were in Kenya they would be consdered slums.

5 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:29pm On May 10, 2017
DonnieTheGreat:

The problem with Nigerians is that although we are highly intelligent people we usually judge economic development based on access to basic amenities such as Electricity, access to pipe borne water e.t.c.....Hence in the eye of the average Nigerian Benin republic and ghana are more developed than Nigeria because they have constant electricity. grin grin grin.

So its ok to have a bigger GDP (fake one) while people dont have place to poo,no electricity an definitely lack basic needs.Man your reasoning is of an arrogant poor man

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 7:29pm On May 10, 2017
[quote author=Jayceon post=56397193][/quote]

This is hillarious
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 7:31pm On May 10, 2017
mtis:

Yap the Nigerians sold it . Orange,AXA, Goldman Sachs , MTN Group, Millicom , Rocket Internet are just some of companies with equity in the firm

No wonder they are left with Noice now..
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by freshest4live: 7:35pm On May 10, 2017
mtis:

So its ok to have a bigger GDP (fake one) while people dont have place to poo,no electricity an definitely lack basic needs.Man your reasoning is of an arrogant poor man
Fake one? So you are more intelligent than the numerous bodies confirming it? Cry me a river.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:37pm On May 10, 2017
freshest4live:

Fake one? So you are more intelligent than the numerous bodies confirming it? Cry me a river.
So its ok to have a bigger GDP (fake one grin grin) while people dont have place to poo,no electricity an definitely lack basic needs.Man your reasoning is of an arrogant poor man

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by DonnieTheGreat: 7:38pm On May 10, 2017
mtis:

1.Yes am arrogant (am working on improving my humility).

2. Believe me sir am not poor..even by global standards grin grin

3. Thirdly, its not my reasoning its the way the Economics of the world works. Again Countries are ranked based on Economic performance (Gdp).It has nothing to do with me. The system was invented before my parents were even born.

4.I understand in a sane world Countries should not be measured by GDP but by the happiness and satisfaction of its citizens. But hey!, those are the pitfalls of democracy and capitalism. It system is built to favor inequality. Thats why the world is upside down.

Yes, Democracy and capitalism are hailed as the best inventions after sliced bread. But look at the world around you! inequality everywhere. Don't blame the leaders they are a victim of the system.....blame the system itself.

Do you understand?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:40pm On May 10, 2017
grin
Jay254:

This is hillarious
trust me.....

It is

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:40pm On May 10, 2017
DonnieTheGreat:

1.Yes am arrogant (am working on improving my humility).

2. Believe me sir am not poor..even by global standards grin grin

3. Thirdly, its not my reasoning its the way the Economics of the world works. Again Countries are ranked based on Economic performance (Gdp).It has nothing to do with me. The system was invented before my parents were even born.

4.I understand in a sane world Countries should not be measured by GDP but by the happiness and satisfaction of its citizens. But hey!, those are the pitfalls of democracy and capitalism. It system is built to favor inequality. Thats why the world is upside down.

Yes, Democracy and capitalism are hailed as the best inventions after sliced bread. But look at the world around you! inequality everywhere. Don't blame the leaders they are a victim of the system.....blame the system itself.

Do you understand?
i understand Sir.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by leathalbeast: 7:56pm On May 10, 2017
iblawi:

Are you guys so dumb?

what has the oil that you are bragging about done for you.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:00pm On May 10, 2017
lipsrsealed[quote aut hor=vaxx post=56396523]wait am not a ghanian. i have visited abuja so many times. jos is my second home . hausa is my second language. am a yoruba from osun state nigeria. you said am lying. google is there to proof me wrong if you doubt me. You have mention one so check on the remaining.

nigeria do not deserve any credit. she is a failed state. if a country should deserve credit it will be benin republic who achieved more with just cotton production and ghana with average amount of GOLD mining.[/quote]

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Hbuyosh(m): 8:01pm On May 10, 2017
Nowenuse:

Are you Kenyans not tired of telling lies?

What is the population of Nairobi metropolitan area? Not Nairobi city alone.
Lagos metropolitan area (Lagos state) has about 21 million people, Lagos city which is part of Lagos state has about 15 million people.
Yes, Nairobi city may have 3.5 million people. what about Nairobi metropolitan area??-

In 2009 (8 years ago), Nairobi metro was estimated to have about 6.5 million people. Now, it must have grown to 8-10 million people pls.

You guys should provide an official estimate to show the GDP of Nairobi metro and let us divide it by 8-10 million people!
Wikipedia I see. First, go use that Wikipedia to farmiliarize yourself with what a METROPLITAN is, then go back to that very wikipedia page abt Nairobi and read that bit under the headline NAIROBI METROPOLITAN AREA.

Then come back and engage in a sensible debat with me.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by iblawi(m): 8:06pm On May 10, 2017
Jay254:

Do you know your Oil money goes to the pocket of very few ppl and a big chuck goes to U.S shells and BP.

Does PH even have a working Refinery

Just like your master claim the money you make from tea.

How many times will I tell you we have more local companies in the oil sector than the foreign companies?

You can only hate but sincerely, you are not even close.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by iblawi(m): 8:18pm On May 10, 2017
leathalbeast:
what has the oil that you are bragging about done for you.

The money is used to build 40 cities simultaneously and it's also used to build the largest economy in Africa.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 8:22pm On May 10, 2017
iblawi:

Just like your master claim the money you make from tea.

How many times will I tell you we have more local companies in the oil sector than the foreign companies?

You can only hate but sincerely, you are not even close.

You did'nt answer my last quiz.. How many refineries are functioning in PH?

Tea and Tourism in Kenya employs almost amillion employees each..

Kenyan Tea is mostly controlled KTDA (govt and small scale famers) so you know.

How many employees does oil mining companies employ?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jay254(m): 8:24pm On May 10, 2017
iblawi:

The money is used to build 40 cities simultaneously and it's also used to build the largest economy in Africa.

Cities Indeed..

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by darfay: 8:35pm On May 10, 2017
TayserMahiri:

Images from the 419 scum guy cannot load, they're full of malware.

nawa for una o. what pains me the most is that ur likes come here to display hate for Nigeria and from your speech it can be confirmed that Nigerian influence on the rest of Africa is huge. did you even know that 419 is a section of the Nigerian constitution that deal with fraud?

if you guys hate naija so much y not delete ur accounts and focus squarely on Kenya since you have nothing positive to say on a Nigerian forum we already have our own ish and self hating Africans are the least of our worries
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by iamord(m): 8:42pm On May 10, 2017
68816419:

hahhaha funny..i can swear to God that there are more Ghanaians in Nigeria than Nigerians in Ghana. go to Lagos, Kaduna, Abuja, ph, Enugu, Kano and other places and see them yourself , most Nigerians in Ghana are situated in Accra so you tend to see them often unlike Ghanaians in Nigeria scattered all across the country, you should go see how many Ghanaians are in these cities selling their poff-poff, expired drugs, and tasteless banku
big lair. thats what you are!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by leathalbeast: 8:42pm On May 10, 2017
iblawi:

so does everyone have light, money, job in Nigeria?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Hbuyosh(m): 8:44pm On May 10, 2017
[quote author=Jayceon post=56397193][/quote]LOL!!!!!!!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by iamord(m): 8:45pm On May 10, 2017
Nowenuse:

Ok, pls, what is the GDP of these cities?? Tell us
who are the us if what I have said since does not make sense nothing else will.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (612) (613) (614) (615) (616) (617) (618) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.