Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,037 members, 7,863,710 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 01:09 AM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (7078) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6291000 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7075) (7076) (7077) (7078) (7079) (7080) (7081) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 2:08pm On Apr 10, 2020
Problemkid1:
Stop being a coward and be man enough to defend your zoo. Foolish Kiberan grin grin
so you wanted me defend your ZOO? grin bombastic fool
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by BadBradley: 2:21pm On Apr 10, 2020
IronGalaxy:
Lezz your material has become stale, no effect none whatsoever. try another angle
thanks for letting me know it was once potent grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Problemkid1: 2:23pm On Apr 10, 2020
Shma:
so you wanted me defend your ZOO? grin bombastic fool
Foolish kiberan that can't even defend his own ZOO grin grin shameless scallywags always seeking for help from different countries. Bombastic scallywag grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by IronGalaxy: 2:26pm On Apr 10, 2020
BadBradley:
thanks for letting me know it was once potent grin grin
. It was never potent, it was once novel, now it's just rehashed nonsense... now waiting for you to mumble about "pap'

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by pacretus(m): 2:29pm On Apr 10, 2020
gallivant:

Nigerians are running away from the shithole.
galligoat!!!

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:49pm On Apr 10, 2020
jln115:

- the population of South Africa in 1910 was a mere 5 million.....back it up another 300 years then you'll understand what I meant by sparsely populated.

-The Mfecane happened before the Zulus came in to contact with White colonist, so there goes your "simply observed your bad behavior" argument.

- The Boere did not arrive in SA, the Boere are a people that developed within SA from 1835.....before that there was no Boer nation..... The Dutch however had a very large slave trade and brought with them a number of slaves.

- Slavery was also common for the Imbangala of Angola and the Nyamwezi of Tanzania...... So again your argument there was no slavery, "all the way north to E.A" is also busted.

- "through minor skirmishes to establish dominance (Zulu and co)" you call over 1 million people dead a minor skirmish?

- "your people were inherently and genetically incapable of sharing lebensraum with anybody else not of their race" its funny you say that grin because just earlier today rvp was stating how Kenyans kicked out the Indians and Whites like Zim did..... Just a tad hypocritical you think?

-"Indigenous SAns had before then not ever dreamt of exterminating an entire group of people, however weak, to create living SPACE" Mfecane wink

Wrong as usual. One of the causes of mfecane was the introduction of maize which led to population explosion. The maize came from Portuguese. The Mfecane took place in the 1800s. Whitey had been in southy since the 1600s. There goes your first two points... In fact, as Shaka was expanding his empire, the likes of Xhosa were caught btw the Vootrekkers and the Brits advancing north.

Third point, the same way Zulu were known as Ndwandwe before King Shaka. That does not mean they are not the same people. The Cape Dutch were the proto-Boers so my usage was in hindsight. More like Afrikaner and Boer in the year 2500 (dont ask me how I know, i just know by then the name Boer will be out of common usage).

Prove that it was homegrown slavery. The Nyamwezi had no slaves before Arabs came. Same with the Imbangala who only began slave trade when the Portuguese arrived. I told you the concept of slavery is alien to Africans. Same with genocide.

Not hypocritical at all. RVp said Indians were barred from owning businesses upcountry, not kicked out. In fact many Indians who were kicked out of Uganda came to Kenya. Nobody was kicked out, including the whites. An Africanization policy simply came into effect, without the kind of murderous rampage of your ancestors grin

You cant cite mfecane for two things. It happened long after the landing of whites - the whole bone of contention. Mfecane was actually connected to the fateful landing, as an alibi for colonial-sponsored violence. The narrative of mfecane itself was weaved by European missionaries (effectively spies) sent to scout for land.

Mfecane 101 for jln115:

An upsurge in the coastal slave trade from Port Natal to Inhambane from the beginning of the nineteenth century caused Africans to turn to larger states for defence at the very time when demands for labour on the Eastern frontier of the Cape Colony were stimulating destructive raiding
by bands of armed horsemen (Griqua and Kora) and state-sponsored warfare against the Xhosa chiefs. Europeans implicated in these activities tried to cover up their involvement by asserting that Africans were the sole instigators of violence. Later historians perpetuated the original cover-up through their invention of the mfecane.

You should have realized by now that there is ZERO evidence of jawdropping violence among native Africans prior to your ancestors arrival grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by BadBradley: 3:57pm On Apr 10, 2020
IronGalaxy:
. It was never potent, it was once novel, now it's just rehashed nonsense... now waiting for you to mumble about "pap'
You're unmistakably one of the many victims of my lexicons. Nice to meet you in a new resurrected flesh, digital Lazarus. grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 3:57pm On Apr 10, 2020
Danielnino00:

They should launch it please... We have enough on our hand at the moment...we could do with our fellow African giving us a helping hand,only that they won't be helping us alone,but also themselves... Boko Haram operates in Chad too .they have killed hundreds of Chad soldiers..

I ask you again,has the Kenyan army managed to keep Nairobi safe from Al Shabab?

Thank you for accepting defeat in the hands of boko boys. grin Chad will do the necessary. They did in one day what Nigeria failed to do in a decade.

Lets see who is doing his job.

How many killed by Boko boys in Nigeria this year vs how many killed by Alshabaab in Kenya this year. In Nairobi its zero!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:02pm On Apr 10, 2020
Danielnino00:

The report reads...

The operation codenamed “Operation Wrath of Bomo,” came after terrorists dealt the heaviest blow to the Chadian military after an assault killed over 90 soldiers.

“We launched the “Wrath of Bomo” operation. We must defeat terrorism to allow our people and especially those of Lake Chad to live in peace. This is the whole meaning of the fight that our valiant soldiers are waging against Boko Haram,” Deby said in a tweet two Sundays ago.

You think a resource limited country like Chad will be running a military operation in Nigeria if it wasn't for their own benefit??

Whose side are you on Daniela? Surprisingly you are siding with Boko Boys over Chad, simply because they outshone you! Be humble. Chad soldiers are hardcore not like the softies from Lagos grin I saw one crying grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 4:05pm On Apr 10, 2020
Austine1212:

Zenith bank - its an office
GT bank - an office
Sahara group - it is yet to start, not to be confused with Sahara computers
FBN - American company
Dangote - invested via Sephaku, I'll give it to you smiley
Konga - unconfirmed
Conoil - comfirmed thou I never saw it
Oando - comfirmed
Jumia - comfirmed but may close if it has not closed already

I gotta commend for making an effort, first time I see someone take his time to comfirm something

First bank of Nigeria

Konga....see picture of office in South Africa below.

Tiffany Amber second picture

Jewel by Lisa

Mall of Africa (E-COMMERCE)

Africa Capital Alliance

There are more but no time now. cool

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:06pm On Apr 10, 2020
forgiveness:

So you are truly an Indian or should I say Indian Kenyan? grin

Just say Kenyan grin
You tribal gidigba grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:08pm On Apr 10, 2020
Austine1212:

You dont know south african history

You have to back that up with your own points Austin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:14pm On Apr 10, 2020
TayserMahri:

You have to back that up with your own points Austin grin

Some other time
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 4:16pm On Apr 10, 2020
TayserMahri:

Whose side are you on Daniela? Surprisingly you are siding with Boko Boys over Chad, simply because they outshone you! Be humble. Chad soldiers are hardcore not like the softies from Lagos grin I saw one crying grin

Is it the same Chad army Nigeria defeated?

[b]PROVOCATION.

image nigeriannation.com
On 18 April 1983, in a well planned and rehearsed operation, three thousand Chadian soldiers under the command of Idris Derby invaded and seized 19 Islands in the Lake Chad axis in Borno State. Twenty four hours later six villages in Borno State fell to Chadian troops.

Stunned by this daring unprovoked attack, Nigeria’s President Alhaji Shehu Shagari orders the Commander of the Nigerian Army 3rd Army Division General Muhammadu Buhari to flush out the invaders.

General Buhari, in his capacity as General Officer Comnanding (GOC) augmented his forces with the Nigerian Army 21st Amoured Brigade in Maiduguri.

A skilled military tactician General Buhari resisted the temptation to use Nigeria’s overwhelming superiority in amoury and man power to charge headlong . He knew the Chadians were highly skilled fighters who use their excellent mobility to their advantage. Instead he ordered the Nigerian Army Scout Regiment to recconnitor Chadian military positions.

The Nigerian Army Scout Regiment is the reconnaissance arm of the infantry. Their job is to obtain and disperse viral combat and battlefield information on the enemy under any conditions.

An Army Scout assigned to the 301 Field Artillery Regiment scans the horizon for artillery targets in the vast featureless plains of the Sambisa Forest.
Reports from Scouts confirmed the Generals suspicion. Expecting a massive retaliatory attack spearheaded by tanks, the occupying Chadian troops had prepared anti series of tank obstacles on the likely approaches by digging 10 ft trenches around fortified positions. The plan was to lure Nigerian tanks towards the myriad of concealed trenches, making it impossible to navigate. Once trapped the tanks would then be engaged by concealed troops with anti-tank weapons and RPG’s at close range.

SHOCK AND AWE.

With the Intel gathered by scouts the GOC began preparation for a punitive attack. Taking advantage of the night Nigerian troops quitely moved into flanking positions.
At day break, the Nigerian Army, under the able Commander General Muhammadu Buhari launched a massive operation to dislodge the invading Chadian forces. 4,000 soldiers besieged Chadian forces on three fronts. As Chadian troops came under relentless artillery bombardment from the eastern flank, Nigerian soldiers in the Western axis began their push to link up with the 3rd strike component in the rear, effectively encircling Chadian forces.

As Chadian casualties mounted General Buhari ordered a temporary halt to the advance, to allow Chadian forces an escape route back into Chad via the northern axis.

Stunned and disoriented by the unexpected attack from seemingly everywhere by Nigeria infantry, Chadian soldiers began to abandoned their positions in a disorganized manner and fled the battlefield in droves, leaving their vehicles and equipment behind.

It was at this moment that Nigerian troops, led by General Buhari gave chase to the fleeing Chadian soldiers. To the General, flushing out the invaders was not enough, he was determined to make a bold statement to the Chadians and teach them a bitter lesson.

Nigerian troops crossed the border into Chadian territory and continued its pursuit. Orders from Nigeria’s President to halt his advance fell on deaf ears. Nigerian troops continued its advance until they were 50 kilometres from the N’Djamena, the Chadian Capital. Facing possible court marshal General Buhari stoped the advance and withdrew his forces.

General Buhari was immediately summoned by the President for disobeying a direct order from the President to stop his advance. In his defence the General claimed in the heat of battle he was unaware he had crossed into Chadian territory[/b].

https://defensenigeria.blog/2017/08/21/forgotten-facts-the-three-day-war-between-nigeria-and-chad/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 4:17pm On Apr 10, 2020
TayserMahri:

Just say Kenyan grin
You tribal gidigba grin

Hehehe! No! I am not. You are. grin

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:21pm On Apr 10, 2020
Lionessza6:

LMFAO, Tayser the apologists and defenders are coming for you, take cover before you are accused of promoting " victim mentality amongst us grant takers " by stating the obvious grin.

What I like about your post is that you didn't paint Africa as some paradise before the colonisers arrived here ,but it will be conveniently twisted to give the impression that you did,I know them well grin.

Whenever they bring up the " wars" between African groups,notice how all these wars happened after they arrived here as you mentioned ? grin grin. I said to someone a few days back that if they believe the " imfecane "( I wonder what language this came from grin) happened as being depicted in Boer history books,then they should endorse the up and coming books on " xenophobic " attacks grin, black SA waking up one day from their township box houses to pick on hardworking immigrants grin.its coming ,and it will be recorded as such,their media houses have started already grin.

They claim there were wars between the khoi and the what became known as " xhosa" people grin grin grin grin. What baffles me with this story is; how did these murderers end up sounding the way they do? grin how did they end up looking the way they do? Why do they have cultural practices similar to their victims? Why are some of their clan names and villages khoi? grin. LMFAO ,the name of the Amaxhosa king was Hintsa,and that name is not bantu but khoi grin. The name Xhosa is not bantu either incase you didn't know grin. And after all the hugging and togetherness post 94 the English still refused to talk to their mother to give us back Hintsa's skull .
Maybe I don't understand how wars work,somebody please teach me or atleast recommend a "great book" grin that will open my eyes about this issue.

I like that you have also outlined that there were weaker groups that got used by the Europeans to settle scores with fellow Africans, that has never stopped. A good example is a dude called Vusi mymoney, a weakling who failed to go head to head with other young men for the ANC youth league president post in gauteng grin grin. He then out of anger(at himself) grin accepted a post from the DA,given to him without any contestation grin,typical of that kind . This boy was then groomed with the intention to make us believe that we are one and equal grin,by us I mean black young people.he was even dashed a white girl grin. He was used to insult and accuse other black people of all sorts of filth without any evidence ,just sentiments. Remember he had a score to settle with the Anc grin,and he failed in every which way. Black people still see the DA for what it is grin,very few demented ones actually believd that Vusi was the actual leader of the DA,people with chronic self hate issues grin.btw,I don't think people who don't like certain black figures ,characters or behaviour are self haters,because I will be accused of that as I was before. That is a different issue altogether. Still on the Maimane type,his counterpart,you know I don't like him either...juju grin. No matter can be said about him ,he did not take the easy way out,as a typical house nigga would normally do. I can atleast respect him for that. Maimane, like the rest in the past and the present was shown the middle finger after the whitties had no more use for his services grin grin

Isn't it funny that people who don't know how many people they killed during the time they arrived in Africa, and during apartheid conveniently know the exact numbers of people killed in the Rwanda genocide ,imfecane and in uganda? angry grin. "They were never involved " in these " wars" but know all the gory details grin
The apartheid that is their baby has no records,only figures made up as we go grin grin grin grin. Deklerk recently came up and told us we were lucky because they didn't commit a complete genocide on us grin grin,talk about a blast from the past grin. Look up that clip on YouTube. As usual black on black violence popped up more than the systematic murders he orchestrated grin.

Talking about land skirmishes,in the village I live in now ,there are two clans that are on each others throat over some land and for months it got bloody and knives were drawn. But it was settled in our traditional court in Bhisho. So we were not always living peacefully with each other without any fights ,even today we are at each other's throats at times ,and even if the colonisers left we will still have incidents like that but that is and will never be any justification for European colonisation. And yes,bhorez were not some victims of anglos, they had the same intention as them but the anglos were better at the job . They didn't not start getting blood thirsty because the English fckd them up ,they came here like that as the rest of the colonisers in Africa did. Isn't it funny that when African savagery is to be brought into the conversation, SA is like the rest of Africa grin grin,but when colonisation of Africa is mentioned, SA suddenly becomes the lone and special kid of Africa grin. Europeans were all the same, others were just better st the game .

All in all,I wish I could like your post a thousand times .

Im ready Lioness grin Our combined brainpower should be more than enough for them. I can already see jln's angle of attack grin However, Im too smart. Its the plain truth that all astonishing wars between African groups happened after their arrival grin As I replied to him above, the name mfecane itself was coined by the whites, borrowed from lifaqane (Lesotho). I also wanted to tell Xhosanostra that the major skirmish between them and the Khoisan was after the arrival of the same culprits (Mugabe's pink nozes grin). Before then Khoisan and Isixhosa were cool buddies. Dont know whats going on with Xhosa when all this truth is infront of her eyes. grin I agree with your entire post wholeheartedly, especially the bolded grin

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:23pm On Apr 10, 2020
Lionessza6:

LMFAO, dont know the Engrish translation for those words grin. But I heard micimbi=traditional ceremonies . Msunu= pig ready for slaughter grin, grin grin

They are funny as hell grin Esp msunu grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:24pm On Apr 10, 2020
mtisTheQubit:

yep something doesn't add up..anyway kazi called me out for posting conspiracy theories..so just gonna stop there grin

kazi has to call you out because he knows the numbers in his country dont add up too grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 4:25pm On Apr 10, 2020
samorobo:

Lol that bit.ch is always emotional...she do well to always inform us on her current emotional status..ask forgiveness he know what I am saying grin

Chaiiiii! I don't miss road. I no know wetin una dey yan. grin

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:26pm On Apr 10, 2020
mtisTheQubit:

not to worry they got a place in Eldoret grin some of their peeps reside there cheesy

Did some come back? Eldoret was also supposed to be Israel grin If not for fate we would be Palestinians grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:27pm On Apr 10, 2020
mtisTheQubit:

Msee was just a joke or something but rvp took it the wrong way grin..but in a way i like southies attitude..majority dont get involved in the usual convo crap unless you mention their country...take a guy like sammy..she will attack you whether you like it or not..whether ya on the mood or not...that peanut brain will torture you the whole day.. grin grin

sammy always acting like a sexually aroused gal grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:28pm On Apr 10, 2020
forgiveness:

First bank of Nigeria

Jewel by Lisa

Africa Capital Alliance

There are no Nigerian bank in SA, they are representive offices, the serve no bank purposes
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:31pm On Apr 10, 2020
mtisTheQubit:

msee can i use ths to torture prof an just40 grin grin..please cheesy

they changed wink esp the just dude has really learnt the hard way. blame it on you for being a bully grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:31pm On Apr 10, 2020
forgiveness:

First bank of Nigeria

Jewel by Lisa

Africa Capital Alliance

Conclusion is SA invests more,

More SA companies in nigeria

Lol how about we discuss health sector?
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 4:33pm On Apr 10, 2020
jln115:

-Its a cell phone app.....it's not a medical procedure or invention

- CTE was studied in boxers as far back as 1920

- Cancer glasses were invented by the US not Nigeria

- Not medical

- crustacean............its an animal/not medical

- excision knives have been around for centuries

Which American? That's a Nigerian invention, man. grin

It's better than x-ray vision, according to Dr. Samuel Achilefu, a professor of radiology at Washington University, who developed the technology.

CTE was studied in boxing, is that the same with study in American football?

Which animal? In South Africa safari? Bhuhahahaha! grin

Cyclops copepods on guinea worm. grin

These are discoveries in medical field.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:33pm On Apr 10, 2020
jln115:

@Bolded, that was never an excuse for apartheid!!! Its like when TayserMahri saying Black people only did bad stuff like slavery and genocide after seeing white people do it, its a stupid excuse, an easy out! Apartheid was a crime against humanity, as was the Rwandan genocide, Ida Amin ect ect

what my argument was about is that people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, don't start saying whites have genocidal DNA and that sort of stuff when in actual fact genocide has been committed by all races for centuries, I fully support reformative policies to rectify the wrongs of apartheid IF implemented correctly and has a positive impact on economic growth! however I don;t support this narrative that Africa was some peaceful wonderland that was only fvcked up when the whites came!!

100% agree with the rest of your post!

Why dont you show an instance of the same before european arrival? Oh you now going to claim Africa had no history before that?? Huh! Come on now !!!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 4:36pm On Apr 10, 2020
Austine1212:

Conclusion is SA invests more,

More SA companies in nigeria

Lol how about we discuss health sector?

No. I only confirmed 17 South African companies while Nigeria own is also 17. How did you invest more? cool

What do we discuss in health sector? cool

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:36pm On Apr 10, 2020
XhosaNostra:

That wasn't meant to be an excuse, but my own psychological analysis or understanding behind the sequence of events. The same way now South Africa is a very violent country. Those tendencies didn't come out of nowhere, they're rooted or stemming from a bloody past.

I don't wanna get involved in you all's finger pointing matches. I certainly have no interest in them. I simply wanted to explain to Tayser what led to what.

Xhosa, I just want to be sure you know & understand that the Khoi wars didnt start until after the arrival of jln's ancestors. Before that time everything was normal, by normal I mean minor issues here and there but nothing of the sort of murderous rampage. wink

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by forgiveness: 4:38pm On Apr 10, 2020
Austine1212:

There are no Nigerian bank in SA, they are representive offices, the serve no bank purposes

What is the office doing there? Do you open office without registering with the government?

That was how Standard chartered Bank started in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:40pm On Apr 10, 2020
TayserMahri:

Why dont you show an instance of the same before european arrival? Oh you now going to claim Africa had no history before that?? Huh! Come on now !!!
I did! Mfecane, Slave trade in WA and EA years before the Europeans arrived!!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:41pm On Apr 10, 2020
forgiveness:

No. I only confirmed 17 South African companies while Nigeria own is also 17. How did you invest more? cool

What do we discuss in health sector? cool

Nah you in denial, the world know the truth. EoD?

Lets discuss health sector of both countries

Or are you scared? cool
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 4:43pm On Apr 10, 2020
forgiveness:

Is it the same Chad army Nigeria defeated?

[b]PROVOCATION.

image nigeriannation.com
On 18 April 1983, in a well planned and rehearsed operation, three thousand Chadian soldiers under the command of Idris Derby invaded and seized 19 Islands in the Lake Chad axis in Borno State. Twenty four hours later six villages in Borno State fell to Chadian troops.

Stunned by this daring unprovoked attack, Nigeria’s President Alhaji Shehu Shagari orders the Commander of the Nigerian Army 3rd Army Division General Muhammadu Buhari to flush out the invaders.

General Buhari, in his capacity as General Officer Comnanding (GOC) augmented his forces with the Nigerian Army 21st Amoured Brigade in Maiduguri.

A skilled military tactician General Buhari resisted the temptation to use Nigeria’s overwhelming superiority in amoury and man power to charge headlong . He knew the Chadians were highly skilled fighters who use their excellent mobility to their advantage. Instead he ordered the Nigerian Army Scout Regiment to recconnitor Chadian military positions.

The Nigerian Army Scout Regiment is the reconnaissance arm of the infantry. Their job is to obtain and disperse viral combat and battlefield information on the enemy under any conditions.

An Army Scout assigned to the 301 Field Artillery Regiment scans the horizon for artillery targets in the vast featureless plains of the Sambisa Forest.
Reports from Scouts confirmed the Generals suspicion. Expecting a massive retaliatory attack spearheaded by tanks, the occupying Chadian troops had prepared anti series of tank obstacles on the likely approaches by digging 10 ft trenches around fortified positions. The plan was to lure Nigerian tanks towards the myriad of concealed trenches, making it impossible to navigate. Once trapped the tanks would then be engaged by concealed troops with anti-tank weapons and RPG’s at close range.

SHOCK AND AWE.

With the Intel gathered by scouts the GOC began preparation for a punitive attack. Taking advantage of the night Nigerian troops quitely moved into flanking positions.
At day break, the Nigerian Army, under the able Commander General Muhammadu Buhari launched a massive operation to dislodge the invading Chadian forces. 4,000 soldiers besieged Chadian forces on three fronts. As Chadian troops came under relentless artillery bombardment from the eastern flank, Nigerian soldiers in the Western axis began their push to link up with the 3rd strike component in the rear, effectively encircling Chadian forces.

As Chadian casualties mounted General Buhari ordered a temporary halt to the advance, to allow Chadian forces an escape route back into Chad via the northern axis.

Stunned and disoriented by the unexpected attack from seemingly everywhere by Nigeria infantry, Chadian soldiers began to abandoned their positions in a disorganized manner and fled the battlefield in droves, leaving their vehicles and equipment behind.

It was at this moment that Nigerian troops, led by General Buhari gave chase to the fleeing Chadian soldiers. To the General, flushing out the invaders was not enough, he was determined to make a bold statement to the Chadians and teach them a bitter lesson.

Nigerian troops crossed the border into Chadian territory and continued its pursuit. Orders from Nigeria’s President to halt his advance fell on deaf ears. Nigerian troops continued its advance until they were 50 kilometres from the N’Djamena, the Chadian Capital. Facing possible court marshal General Buhari stoped the advance and withdrew his forces.

General Buhari was immediately summoned by the President for disobeying a direct order from the President to stop his advance. In his defence the General claimed in the heat of battle he was unaware he had crossed into Chadian territory[/b].

https://defensenigeria.blog/2017/08/21/forgotten-facts-the-three-day-war-between-nigeria-and-chad/

Whats wrong with Buhari? He had a chance to annihilate Chadian troops in Nigeria but chose to give them an escape route and pursue them to N'djamena? Not smart. Unless there was a brothel he wanted to visit in Chad.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7075) (7076) (7077) (7078) (7079) (7080) (7081) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.