Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,996 members, 7,849,007 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 01:21 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (7263) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6264689 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7260) (7261) (7262) (7263) (7264) (7265) (7266) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samorobo: 12:28pm On Apr 28, 2020
rvp20182:
I hope it's not the usual case of putting lipstick on a pig. I mean I hope most of roads look like that - not just an overdone roundabout.

You live it...yes it is good you live it...it is a beauty to behold...
That is exactly the quatof road governor el rufai is giving the people of Kaduna today...you were not available when we discussed this...I just gave you a glimpyif what you missed while you were away

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 12:30pm On Apr 28, 2020
samorobo:

Then why were you lecturing black SA the other day on how to own their land... hypocrite...

If you've let inferiority complex destroy your mind Nigeria and other sane African country won't allow riff Raff flood our country and rule over us....the uae,Saudi Arabia Chinese,japanese e.tc didn't allow such and look where they are....they control their stuff and not succumb to white inferiority comy
especially when they've sold all their lands to Indians, Chinese, Brits and Arabs for small loans grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samorobo: 12:31pm On Apr 28, 2020
leo552:
Kenyan Scientist Unveils World's First Anti-HIV Drug Taken Once a Year

A team led by Professor Benjamin Edagwa, a Kenyan scientist based at the University of Nebraska's Medical Centre in the United States, has developed the world's first anti-retroviral (ARV) drug to be taken only once a year.

The drug was created as a means to protect against HIV infection and can be taken by people already infected or those at risk of acquiring the virus.

At the moment, HIV patients must take medicine daily, but if clinical studies confirm that the new drug is safe for use, they would be able to receive an injectable medicine once every year, serving the same purpose of protecting their immune systems from the virus.

A report on the new drug was published in the peer-reviewed biomedical research journal Nature Materials on Monday, April 27.
The University of Nebraska Medical Centre (UNMC) disclosed that it had begun pursuing approvals from the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to facilitate mass production of the drug.

To develop the drug, Edagwa alongside his colleagues modified an existing ARV drug known as Cabrotegravir (CAB) to allow the body to absorb it and release it slowly from tissues over a twelve-month period.

“This pharmaceutical development has the potential to not only treat but also prevent viral transmission. This may certainly be a therapeutic milestone.

“While viral vaccines and long-acting modified ARVs have very different modes of action, they can both function to protect against infection,” stated Howard Gendelman, Professor and Chairman of the UNMC Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Neuroscience as he hailed the breakthrough.

Edagwa hails from Vihiga County in Kenya and studied Chemistry at Moi University before moving to the United States.

On this particular project, he led a large team of scientists and researchers that included Gendelman, Aditya Bade, Ph.D., and graduate student Tanmay Kulkarni.

The University of Nebraska noted that no adverse side effects had been observed in animal testing for the drug, having so far been tested on mice and non-human primates.

Helping Edagwa's team work on the transition from animal to human testing, are scientists from the Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI); Paul L. Domanico, Tai-Yuen Yue and Gary Moore, identified as co-authors of the paper by Nature Materials.

It could, however, take several years before the drug hits the shelves at your local health facility due to stringent approval processes.

While existing ARVs allow patients to live their lives with minimal complications and avoid transmission to partners, the risk of missing a daily treatment cannot be overstated as it can cause the virus to rebound, leading to other associated complications.

If Edagwa's drug is approved, it would entirely revolutionise the management of HIV infection and prevention.

Hahaha Kenya unveil anti-hiv drugs...please save your juju concoction for those in kibera and spare the world of your jokes..

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 12:32pm On Apr 28, 2020
Kenya police are very corrupt but very effective. Ask Nigerians illegals who came to Kenya. As for Ghana - and the fake rankings - watch this video - thousands of Chinese stealing your future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohrrE1rjzLo
vaxx:
no matter how you try to sugar coat your country and downgrade others. the reality of the matter will exposed you. Ghana worse is Kenya best . As at present you can't enter into gold dealing in Ghana illegally. there is an effective judiciary system that deals with illegal scale minners . Ghana has steps on china toes many times snce the law was passed. my idiot friend ,this is not a backwater Kenya. this is Ghana , law and people choice works here.

our current move now is to deploy drones to monitor the activities of the few stubborn illegal miners that still remains . that is what our so called worse police is doing now .

remember our worse is your best..... According to the information lifted from Africa fact. this is the ranking of Africa best police and services according to the world internal security and police index.. check where you are ranked?

5 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 12:32pm On Apr 28, 2020
rvp20182:
The latest release of military spending. Nigeria (the 200M giant) spends 1.9B against Kenya (50M) spending 1.2B. South Afirca spends 3.5B. Algeria are spending nearly 11B dollars. Angola spends 1.4B.

Ghana - spend 0.1B smiley - with Tanzania spending 0.6B - despite having larger territory to protect.

Going back to the poverty capita - Just imagine having 200K plus active personnel on a budget of 1.9B - compared to Kenya lean, disciplined and professional force of 25K on 1.2B dollars. No wonder a kenya private out of college earn more than their army major.

I bet Nigeria army is paid in sacks of yams and ground nuts.

https://www.sipri.org/databases/milex

Paper giants. If they had no resources they wouldn't even have a country to protect.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samorobo: 12:33pm On Apr 28, 2020
forgiveness:

Very nice.

Enugu is hill-ly and beautiful..with green spaces and good roads
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 12:34pm On Apr 28, 2020
I have clearly explained why Boers should not own land but should go into other fields. It about historical wrong that need to be corrected. Boers did much worse but I think south africa will heal when no Boer has such big landholding.

I have no problem with chinese - they are damn good in building stuff - and starting business - but illegal gangs minning gold, ivory and etc - need to be arrested and deported.

I have no problem with whites, nigerians, etc.

samorobo:

Then why were you lecturing black SA the other day on how to own their land... hypocrite...

If you've let inferiority complex destroy your mind Nigeria and other sane African country won't allow riff Raff flood our country and rule over us....the uae,Saudi Arabia Chinese,japanese e.tc didn't allow such and look where they are....they control their stuff and not succumb to white inferiority comy

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 12:39pm On Apr 28, 2020
samorobo:

So you would love if Chinese,Indians, British own everything in Kenya and also keep ruling and top over your laggard asses in the hierarchy of wealth...

Worry about your poverty, the whole world is sitting on your heads.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by leo552: 12:42pm On Apr 28, 2020
samorobo:

Hahaha Kenya unveil anti-hiv drugs...please save your juju concoction for those in kibera and spare the world of your jokes..
Samorobo,read between the line and understand,right!!

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 12:44pm On Apr 28, 2020
Ghana scientists develop Covid-19 rapid diagnostic test kit to enhance coronavirus testing. ��

Read https://bbc.in/3bL3hg9.

kudos to Kwame Nkrumah university

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 12:45pm On Apr 28, 2020
Just30:
especially when they've sold all their lands to Indians, Chinese, Brits and Arabs for small loans grin grin

It's my mistake to think Ghana education was worth more than 2 cedis.

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 12:50pm On Apr 28, 2020
rvp20182:
Kenya police are very corrupt but very effective. Ask Nigerians illegals who came to Kenya. As for Ghana - and the fake rankings - watch this video - thousands of Chinese stealing your future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohrrE1rjzLo
they are working for the real owners of those gold mines

Ghanaians

A small-scale mining licence may only be granted to a citizen of Ghana who is at least 18 years old, and is registered by the office of the Minerals Commission in an area designated as a small-scale mining area.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 12:52pm On Apr 28, 2020
gallivant:

Paper giants. If they had no resources they wouldn't even have a country to protect.

Military expenditure is useless especially when you have poor health care systems and people starve daily like it happens in Kenya

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 12:55pm On Apr 28, 2020
Just30:

Military expenditure is useless especially when you have poor health care systems and people starve daily like it happens in Kenya

In case of a war you can rest assured your Ashanti @ss is toast. You are dismissed.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 1:00pm On Apr 28, 2020
gallivant:

It's my mistake to think Ghana education was worth more than 2 cedis.

this is a glimpse of the looting in your country

Saudi Arabia was given 50,000 acres of land as loan repayment
Brits since independence have held your lands through your greedy politicians.

Land grievances remain a powerful undercurrent in Kenyan politics today. At independence in 1963 the departing British set aside money to buy back land in the “White Highlands”, which had been reserved for settlers, and redistribute it among land-hungry Africans. Though many benefited, much of the land went to those with political connections. The family of Kenya’s first president, Jomo Kenyatta, was among the biggest winners. The politicians, however, were happy to let foreign companies own big tea and coffee plantations, so long as they got seats on the board and a share of the profits.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 1:01pm On Apr 28, 2020
gallivant:

In case of a war you can rest assured your Ashanti @ss is toast. You are dismissed.
War with who ?

In the real world, incase is not a case

come back to the real world grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by pacretus(m): 1:03pm On Apr 28, 2020
rvp20182:
The latest release of military spending. Nigeria (the 200M giant) spends 1.9B against Kenya (50M) spending 1.2B. South Afirca spends 3.5B. Algeria are spending nearly 11B dollars. Angola spends 1.4B.

Ghana - spend 0.1B smiley - with Tanzania spending 0.6B - despite having larger territory to protect.

Going back to the poverty capita - Just imagine having 200K plus active personnel on a budget of 1.9B - compared to Kenya lean, disciplined and professional force of 25K on 1.2B dollars. No wonder a kenya private out of college earn more than their army major.

I bet Nigeria army is paid in sacks of yams and ground nuts.

https://www.sipri.org/databases/milex
check how much has been spent on the military in the last 20years through grants and personal government spending then come back let's talk. The 2billion is for the normal military spending + all other grants and government spending its way more than $3billion a year. Compare the Nigeria military inventory (weapons) to that of kenya. Then you d know kenya has a useless military with Ankara material uniform. The only good I see there is your air calvary ( I know you don't know about that)

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samorobo: 1:08pm On Apr 28, 2020
rvp20182:
I have clearly explained why Boers should not own land but should go into other fields. It about historical wrong that need to be corrected. Boers did much worse but I think south africa will heal when no Boer has such big landholding.

I have no problem with chinese - they are damn good in building stuff - and starting business - but illegal gangs minning gold, ivory and etc - need to be arrested and deported.

I have no problem with whites, nigerians, etc.

Nonsense you told black SA to man up and be like Kenya that supposedly kicked Brits,Chinese,Indians and took over the wheels if their lands, properties and wealth...and I was like is this guy bluffing? Are they now two Kenyans in this world....you threw a stone when you lived in a glass house ..

Hahahaha so you have no problem with native Nigerians own stuff in your country and infact ruling over you in wealth right there in your own country...who knows maybe that's our plan..no wonder our companies are rushing over there so in the next let say a decade we will join the Brits,Indians to rule of you guys on the hierarchy of wealth whilst you trail behind us with your laggard asses grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Aderr: 1:09pm On Apr 28, 2020
pacretus:
check how much has been spent on the military in the last 20years through grants and personal government spending then come back let's talk. The 2billion is for the normal military spending + all other grants and government spending its way more than $3billion a year. Compare the Nigeria military inventory (weapons) to that of kenya. Then you d know kenya has a useless military with Ankara material uniform. The only good I see there is your air calvary ( I know you don't know about that)
Kenya's is poorly rated militarily.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samorobo: 1:09pm On Apr 28, 2020
gallivant:

Worry about your poverty, the whole world is sitting on your heads.

It's not possible..Even we Nigerians are sitting on your heads..you've become the scum bags of the earth...the smelly dregs left grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Aderr: 1:10pm On Apr 28, 2020
samorobo:

Lol this guy never invented anything..he is an imposter... Read your link well
grin

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samorobo: 1:11pm On Apr 28, 2020
leo552:

Samorobo,read between the line and understand,right!!

Nonsense I didn't bother reading that junk of trash...the headline alone made me greet your wall of text with howl of derision

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samorobo: 1:15pm On Apr 28, 2020
Just30:

That zoo Kenya is so pathetic..atleast try to be expensive if you are going to sell your glory...don't allow every tom,dick ,Harry on the street of Shenzhen,London,Ridhya,Mecca own everything in Kenya for a small chicken pay...I spit

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 1:16pm On Apr 28, 2020
When you are highly indebted, you have no choice

samorobo:

That zoo Kenya is so pathetic..atleast try to be expensive if you are going to sell your glory...don't allow every tom,dick ,Harry on the street of Shenzhen,London,Ridhya,Mecca own everything in Kenya for a small chicken pay...I spit

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by pacretus(m): 1:27pm On Apr 28, 2020
Aderr:
only war they ever fought is somalia where Nigeria fought and left in the 90s

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:28pm On Apr 28, 2020
samorobo:

Lol shma 2030 is around the corner..it's no longer far...
The only thing you've achieved in konza is an eight storey block building lying helplessly in the weed encroached piece of kinda land since 2009....if since 2009 that is all you could achieve without road then tell me why this city wouldn't be complying the next century...As I speak to you that project is dead and your govt are barely trying to revive...

Look at this city project in Lagos....land reclamation started December 2018 and it is expected to be completed this year(the pandemic has caused slight delay ) so road construction, bridge construction,sewage construction amongst other basic foundation ground infastructures can be put in place...it is also meant to be completed in 2030 but we have gone ahead of konza in such little time....
The IIBC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFocsahu7Zg

Below are pics of investors from London dying to invest
if I start posting investors group photos for Konza I will end up feeling the thread .
Konza has pumped billions of shillings already just for road layout , electrification, drainage system and the Konza headquarters which will facilitate all other activities..

We're now waiting for those signed structures to start rising
Take a look.

upcoming activities for the Authority.

[b]The first phase of the implementation status is as below:

1.Access roads
Main Street and Phase 1A Access Road opened up to gravel standards.
2. Konza Complex (KoTDA main office)
Construction on-going.
Building completion Expected by November 2018.
3. Electricity
132KV power station completed.
Will provide 50MW power supply.
4. Water
1200 cubic meters for construction from equipped site boreholes.
2000M3 for Phase 1 from Nolturesh pipeline.
Thwake Dam for future Phases 2-4.
5. ICT
National Optic Fibre Backbone Infrastructure connection (NOFBI) link by MoICT through ICTA.
Konza National Data Centre and smart city facilities.
6. Phase 1 Infrastructure Development (EPCF Contract)
Commercial and Financing Contracts Executed.
Contractor mobilizing to the site.
7. Kenya Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST)
Funding from Korean Government secured.
Expression Interest for consulting services concluded.
RFP for design and construction supervision underway.[/b]

As I said billions of shillings have already been pumped, road layout has been done, sgr station is on the site..
This is what am talking about.

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 1:36pm On Apr 28, 2020
Aderr:
far ahead of Ghana smiley

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rationalhuman(m): 1:37pm On Apr 28, 2020
If you want to Install a mega project like dangote Refining complex, You do not have too many options.
Only US, Germany, India, China, Russia are the countries have the Companies/Design Consultant Firms capable to Plan, Design and Construct a Complex projects like that. They got the contract, once finished and commissioned its Dangotes property to operate.
Dont twist this fact.

Danielnino00:

See this mumu.. Dangote is the one employing Indians to work for him..in Kenya it's the other way.. the Indians are on top of the rich list with the Mois and Kenyattas behind them..

What can u invest in Nigeria with $14m?
How many Kenya companies are in Nigeria and west Africa as a whole?
Do Kenya firms even have the capacity to invest outside east Africa ?

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 1:52pm On Apr 28, 2020
Shma:

dreams grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 2:07pm On Apr 28, 2020
Shma:
that is only in terms of fire power . when it comes to discipline, training and intelligence, you are way behind. your current lockdown is a testament to show that your security apparatus are not well trained .

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rationalhuman(m): 2:07pm On Apr 28, 2020
American company GE Appliance is owned by Chinese
American company Motorola Mobility is owned by Chinese
British company mini is owned by Germans
British company Rolls Royace is owned by Germans
British company Cadbury is owned by Americans
British company Jaguar and Land Rover is owned by Indians
British Steel owned by Indians
Hungarian KTM owned by Indians
Indian Company Flipkart owned by American walmart

This is called Investment, Money does not grow on trees you need investment to sustain and grow. Let the free market decide.
No need to go on Venezuelan path.
Or do you think American, German, British, Indian, Chinese governments and their investors are stupid??

While you guys are bragging here, go and see how your government representatives, Ambassadors are trying to persuade investors from Britain, China, India, USA etc to come and invest. Trying to show them their "Investor and Business Friendly Environment".
Atleast we Kenyans are open, pragmatic, We need more and More investment. If you think its not good for your country then why not protest to your own government??

samorobo:

So you would love if Chinese,Indians, British own everything in Kenya and also keep ruling and top over your laggard asses in the hierarchy of wealth...

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 2:11pm On Apr 28, 2020
gallivant:

i bet you, Kenya has zero chance of victory. Don't just envisage the scenario. it will be a big blow to Kenya

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7260) (7261) (7262) (7263) (7264) (7265) (7266) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.