Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,352 members, 7,860,912 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:47 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (7607) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6282727 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7604) (7605) (7606) (7607) (7608) (7609) (7610) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 5:17am On May 28, 2020
rainmon:

That is the data for 2010. Last year it accomodated 10 million passengers.

https://getbybus.com/en/blog/best-airports-in-the-world/

Infrastructure is the key. We could source our income from any kind of resources. Then, we should equip our cities with the basic infras like wide roads, mass transports, better pavements and so on. Asian cities can do this, why can't we?

In terms of infras, Makassar or even Jakarta is still no match for Chinese or Japanese cities. But at least they are building and maintaining the basic infrastructures for their citizens. Here, we rarely see functional pavements in many African's capitals.

Jakarta with its elevated highways and wide pavements
But where do you get the financial resources to bridge the infrastructure deficit
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp20182: 5:18am On May 28, 2020
samorobo:

Loll if only wishes were horses then Mombasa with his unprecedented slum even in her CBD would be ahead of kano with her numerous world class flyover and serious urban modernity...
Kano doesn't need a port dummy it's an inland city just like nairobi..loll you are speaking to a Nigeria on rail stuff..loll have you know respect for your life and your zoo country...As I speak to you over 13 modern rail station is under construction in Nigeria and that is only for sgr ,we've not even talked about those for light rails..your ugly Chinese Ponzi scheme sgr is not even something told be proud of at the first place..
Now let me refresh you memory with your crazy Mombasa slumpolis then compare it with the modernity you see screaming from my Kano pics you timid dimwit.. grin

Driving through Nyali(mombasa best neighbourhood)..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCC3UMcd1mw

And now the CBD itself..what an ugly mess grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhpFwyxLTLg

More old your zoo CBD.I am seriously milking right now grin grin ; grin grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6LHVq4h20k

Now show me a single flyover,underpass,overpass in Mombasa outside the famous mombasa port road..I want to be convinced that Mombasa is not hopeless afterall grin grin..like I always say talk is very,very cheap... Action speaks louder than voice grin
One nice highway will not transform KANO the ultimate slumpolis

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by pacretus(m): 5:59am On May 28, 2020
Austine1213:

Fake news SA got 26 public universities private less than 40

honestly I was beginning to wonder how Nigeria got 150+ unis.

Fake stats

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 6:32am On May 28, 2020
The Rand started the year at 14 - and is now at 17.5 - which works to around 20% - so we can say as of now - your nominal GDP is down by 20%.
The Kshs has depreciated by 5.6% - so has Kenya Nominal GDP.
jl115:
grin grin grin grin clutching at straws mate!!!

The fact is the Rand hasn't depreciated by 32% this year its only 20% now and by end of June it will be 10%....the Kenyan shilling on the other hand has already depreciated by 7% till date not 5% and if predictions are correct by end of June it will be kshs109 to the dollar or in other words 9% depreciation!! grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jasparrow1: 7:30am On May 28, 2020
Kazikazi:
Show them a cable car,stop hiding!
Do u have a cable car?
grin grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:35am On May 28, 2020
pacretus:
honestly I was beginning to wonder how Nigeria got 150+ unis.

Fake stats

However each university got multiple campuses in different place

Eg Tshwane University of technology has 7 campuses, across south africa but counts as 1

But the news we posted by a Nigerian "africa fact zone"
Who most often post false, incorrect information

He blocked me on twitter when i called him out for false information
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:36am On May 28, 2020
rvp2018:
The Rand started the year at 14 - and is now at 17.5 - which works to around 20% - so we can say as of now - your nominal GDP is down by 20%.

Lol

Zimbabwe currency depreciated by 1000% was their Nominal gdp on 0?

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:43am On May 28, 2020
rvp2018:

Mid 2010s Nigeria currency depreciated from $1: 160 to 300 that's more than 90%

Was their GDP 2B?

Go study economics

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 7:48am On May 28, 2020
Yes, that is why they are in South Africa in such numbers. Their economy collapsed to 5B dollars in 2005- and I see now they are back to 31B dollars.
Austine1213:

Lol

Zimbabwe currency depreciated by 1000% was their Nominal gdp on 0?

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 7:49am On May 28, 2020
Nigeria cooked GDP - nominal - had risen to 550B - and it came tumbling down to 300B thanks to Naira depreciation.
Nominal GDP - foo.l is gdp converted into dollars.
Austine1213:

Mid 2010s Nigeria currency depreciated from $1: 160 to 300 that's more than 90%

Was their GDP 2B?

Go study economics

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 7:50am On May 28, 2020
Austine1213:

However each university got multiple campuses in different place

Eg Tshwane University of technology has 7 campuses, across south africa but counts as 1

But the news we posted by a Nigerian "africa fact zone"
Who most often post false, incorrect information

He blocked me on twitter when i called him out for false information
if that is the case , nearly all university in Ghana has multiple campus. University of Ghana even has two campus in Accra alone ( city and the main campus) talkless of the spreading campus around .

Nigeria universities should be somewhere around 400 ( I am talking of accredited unis

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Jasparrow1: 7:51am On May 28, 2020
Lemme drop this one here wink

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:57am On May 28, 2020
vaxx:
if that is the case , nearly all university in Ghana has multiple campus. University of Ghana even has two campus in Accra alone ( city and the main campus) talkless of the spreading campus around .

Nigeria universities should be somewhere around 400

Did you read the whole statement?

Any way ghana university with most students has 70 000, capecoast university

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:03am On May 28, 2020
Jasparrow1:

Thats naira after all

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:04am On May 28, 2020
rvp2018:
Nigeria cooked GDP - nominal - had risen to 550B - and it came tumbling down to 300B thanks to Naira depreciation.
Nominal GDP - foo.l is gdp converted into dollars.

Go take basic aconomics lesson it will do you good

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 8:04am On May 28, 2020
That comes to around 6.5billion dollars per annum. That is very small figure for 200m people country. Kenya's Safaricom alone clocks more than 2.5B revenues annually
Jasparrow1:

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 8:05am On May 28, 2020
GDP is actually not economics - it is basic statistics.
Austine1213:

Go take basic aconomics lesson it will do you good

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:07am On May 28, 2020
rvp2018:

Go study basic economics it willwill do you good

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by theenchanter: 8:11am On May 28, 2020
chrisooblog:

you know you ought to send him an invoice for this lesson. you have been educating him for free too long
haha.....
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by theenchanter: 8:11am On May 28, 2020
samorobo:

Perfect schooling to end the incessant noise...You should get paid for this..it's not free grin
rvp2018.... Come and pay ur tutorial fee. grin

4 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by rvp2018: 8:14am On May 28, 2020
Help Nigeria avoid going Venezuela way first.If you pull that through - you will win Nobel Economic Award. Your country is going to the dogs. 50% budget deficit.
theenchanter:
rvp2018.... Come and pay ur tutorial fee. grin

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 8:20am On May 28, 2020
rvp2018:

grin grin

Ouch!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by jl115: 8:40am On May 28, 2020
rvp2018:
the kshs was kshs100 to the dollar at the beginning of the year now it is kshs107 to the dollar... So you do the math...

Also the Rand is appreciating while the kshs is depreciating... Just last night the Rand appreciated by another 3%!!...so all of a sudden its 17% now and not 20% grin grin grin

Do Remember what I told you? I said short term volatility doesn't mean much and the Rand would recover when this covid19 thing blows over..... Wola its doing precisely what I said!!
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 8:42am On May 28, 2020
Austine1213:

Did you read the whole statement?

Any way ghana university with most students has 70 000, capecoast university
the report is bogus . University of cape coast has a lot of branches hence its capacity
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 8:44am On May 28, 2020
rvp2018:
Nigeria fake agriculture and GDP is exposed by its deep poverty and dependency on Oil. Remove Oil and you're down and out.
Remove aid and loans and Kenya is dead. wink

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 8:45am On May 28, 2020
jl115:
Do people even bother just googling South Africas inflation rate??

FYI its not 6% its 4.6%
4.6% is still too high for what I was discussing with the Little Indian. Thanks all the same.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 8:46am On May 28, 2020
theenchanter:
obaaderemi did ur analysis and when u're ready u can compare Kenya with Senegal.Kenya is not a well known agriculture exporter..
Senegal is better. They live longer than Kenyans and they are not starving.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by gallivant: 8:50am On May 28, 2020
obaaderemi:
Senegal is better. They live longer than Kenyans and they are not starving.

Kenyans live longer than Nigerians. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 8:50am On May 28, 2020
vaxx:
the report is bogus . University of cape coast has a lot of branches hence its capacity

But it is ghana biggest university at 70 000

The reporter may have not known theres a difference between a college and university
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 8:52am On May 28, 2020
rationalhuman:
Dont take that negative, Understand that every country has poverty, China and India have a large number of people living under poverty. But by each passing minute these both nation are uplifting people from poverty (India uplift 44 People out of poverty every minute, yes per minute). Can you imagine such miracle in Nigeria? ask yourself.

The real shame is that While Both India and China have almost 1.4 Billion people still they have much much less poor people then a country like Nigeria which has 200M people. And story doesn't ends here, While poverty is reducing rapidly in Asia, its rapidly increasing in Nigeria.

There is still poverty in Kenya but Nigerian case is a different class.

Don't be silly. India and China are heads and shoulders above all African countries in terms of output. They are old economies with old relevant institutions.

Nigeria has 200m people with bad leadership. We understand if it has many poor people. But it also has the highest number of people living above poverty in Africa.
Kenya has only 50m people. How do you explain why Kenyans are starving in the 21st century? There's poverty in Nigeria but Kenya's case is just so weird and peculiar.

5 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by obaaderemi: 8:53am On May 28, 2020
gallivant:

Kenyans live longer than Nigerians. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Senegalese live longer than Kenyans. wink
And Nigerians are not starving like Kenyans. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by theenchanter: 8:55am On May 28, 2020
rvp2018:
Help Nigeria avoid going Venezuela way first.If you pull that through - you will win Nobel Economic Award. Your country is going to the dogs. 50% budget deficit.
ur spurious comment can't change d fact that u're a dodo when it comes to economics.

And our budget deficit is not 50%

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7604) (7605) (7606) (7607) (7608) (7609) (7610) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.