Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,056 members, 7,852,584 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:53 PM

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) - Foreign Affairs (7850) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) (6271537 Views)

Am I The Only One Whos Tired Of This Kenya Is Ahead Thread / Femi Adesina: "I Don't Lie, No Matter What"; Nigerians React / Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7847) (7848) (7849) (7850) (7851) (7852) (7853) ... (9933) (Go Down)

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jun 12, 2020
samorobo:

Honestly its just aimless noise..if they truly are better than us, they wouldn't be here constantly seeking relevance...
samorobo.
Do you know the tallest Residencial tower in africa has commenced construction in Nairobi? grin
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by tylann: 6:47pm On Jun 12, 2020
Jamestown123:
Nairobi is so unsafe because of al shabaab. Have you ever heard Boko Haram attacked in Lagos before? Please just compare your cities and all. But please always respect the dead.

It is long since Al shabaab attacked Nairobi
So those Nigerians killed in northeast are to be assumed because it is not Lagos
I respect the dead that is why I mention them
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Wuoche: 6:48pm On Jun 12, 2020
Shma:
what is the name.?

The Elite Residence
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 6:49pm On Jun 12, 2020
Accra looking like a suburb of swizz.....

Anyplace like this in Nai-robbery?

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samorobo: 6:49pm On Jun 12, 2020
Dlonra:

Your essays won't change the fact that your pathetic government is investing totally nothing in Nigeria. Migrate to another country like your fellow Nigerians.

I believe you should you at yourself in the mirror and have that migration talk with yourself..
The fact that we have more infastructures under construction than your zoo by a long margin should tell you how inferior your constantly stolen meagre budget is to ours..just use your brain..
Nigeria was not labelled alongside SA as country funding the most infastructural project for nothing..what happened to your zoo.

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Saddamochieng00(m): 6:50pm On Jun 12, 2020
001 supporting football talent. One football pitch per ward.

Mombasa world class stadia coming up fast..

5 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samorobo: 6:50pm On Jun 12, 2020
Shma:
samorobo.
Do you know the tallest Residencial tower in africa has commenced construction in Nairobi? grin

Proof pls
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Mkenya2019: 6:50pm On Jun 12, 2020
Let me give you a true story. I started working UN around 05 before leaving to start my own stuff. The secretary in our office - she was high school leaver with a secretarial course - she berated me to join UN SACCO - and I was hesitant - all I wanted to do was buy a car - she took me to her apartments - not one - but four apartments of her own - in Umoja Nairobi. Later on I sort of joined this women group of theirs - I was so little and they just liked me - every of those women owned at least two apartments. That is UN...

I joined the SACCO - you save for 1 yr - and you're given 4 times your savings at very low interest - banks were doing 15% - Sacco 11% and NO security. You just need members to guarantee your loan.

Now I can tell a Juakali kenya - like trader or small business - they own flats. They buy land - they save in cooperatives (Kenya LEADS AFRICA by FAR)

Study Kenya COOPERATIVE MOVEMENT. Kenya table banking alone would drown you out.

The secret to Kenya's success despite living in almost barren places lies in OUR COOPERATIVE NATURE. The world 7th biggest cooperative movement - but I can tell its probably deeper than that - kenyan in informal sector have all sort of cooperative going on - everyday they give themselves target - they say 5 dollars - and after few months all the money goes to oney guy - he buys a plot.

While Tanzania choose Ujamaa - Kenya choose cooperatives - SACCOs, table banking, group borrowing - that kind that gives you positive social pressure to save.

Kenya banks have financed only 20K units. The rest nobody knows how it get built. COOPERATIVES movement.

Acadavah:

I have asked that because you said a typical kenyan can build those 4 floor apartments or are you not typical kenyan?

3 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samorobo: 6:53pm On Jun 12, 2020
Mkenya2019:
Nairobi is pretty much full - Huruma is slum - and so is Eastleigh.

What stops Nairobi is not money but APPROVAL. Getting approval to build high rises is not easy.

There are many projects that don't go past approval - because Nairobi has zones - but if you hear a zone has been allowed say 10 floor limit - after two years - that place is full of 10 floors.

If you allow like no limit - Westland recently allowed it - and you see it turned to skyscrapers.

Most people are going to Nairobi Metro because you can get approval for anything basically there - it more like Nigeria.

No it's not a matter of approval..your real estate sector is down..wonder no more why your affordable housing couldn't take off as anticipated despite the incentives like free lands,tax holiday,reduced cost of building by 50%..still investor did not seem your zoo worthy enough to invest..
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Carmit(m): 6:54pm On Jun 12, 2020
samorobo:

Dugbe in Ibadan just like Eastleigh in Nairobi...smh.
Dugbe and eastleigh are completely different.
Dugbe houses mostly antique buildings at least 50 years old.

Eastleigh on the other hand is filled with largely sub standard millennial buildings.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Wuoche: 6:54pm On Jun 12, 2020
vaxx:
Accra looking like a suburb of swizz.....

Anyplace like this in Nai-robbery?
Here we go.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Mkenya2019: 6:55pm On Jun 12, 2020
Show me one building that has stalled for lack of finances. Most stall because of lack of approval and court case. Nairobi you have to first get approval and then residence are allowed to object. And then land title issues.
samorobo:

No it's not a matter of approval..your real estate sector is down..wonder no more why your affordable housing couldn't take off as anticipated despite the incentives like free lands,tax holiday,reduced cost of building by 50%..still investor did not seem your zoo worthy enough to invest..
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 6:56pm On Jun 12, 2020
Saddamochieng00:

it cool you brought it yourself

your country is an eye sore

Double click this or expand and check the slum surrounding it

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Carmit(m): 6:57pm On Jun 12, 2020
edon21:
I'm tired of this nonsense. Kenyans stop seeking attention with all these. Nigeria is not ur mate. They might rank u better on papers infrastructurally. But on real facts u are no where. How many bridges , highway, inland roads, stadiums, universities, seaports , airports, Railway terminals etc do you have to displace Nigeria's. Or worse still, international politics where presently Nigeria is holding posts In un, IMF, afdb, WHO, WB ,and is still going for DG WTO .
U guys should quit chasing butterflies. I'm outta here....
This right here is the underrated post of the year. smiley

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Carmit(m): 6:58pm On Jun 12, 2020
Wuoche:
Nairobi
Isn't that Ecobank is see? smiley

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by vaxx: 6:58pm On Jun 12, 2020
Wuoche:

Here we go.
you lack architectural design in your hell-hole. Not interesting , it look like Jewish or India temple
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Wuoche: 6:58pm On Jun 12, 2020
Syiokimau. Nairobi

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Roan7: 7:02pm On Jun 12, 2020
Saddamochieng00:

Oh wow wow wow, what a beautiful Mombasa, and it WORLD CLASS stadium, Mombasa is my dream city, what a WORLD CLASS city.
The BEST i have seen in my entire life WOW shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Wuoche: 7:04pm On Jun 12, 2020
Nairobi

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jun 12, 2020
samorobo:

Proof pls
I have a boomshell of them..
No. 1
First,Construction has been confirmed to be ongoing and ZJCC being the Contractor has moved to site.
No.2
New gate by ZJCC has been fixed, this shows things are about to boom.
No3
The green safety net is visible but accessing the site is quite difficult.
The project will take 3years to completion.

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Wuoche: 7:06pm On Jun 12, 2020
Nai

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samorobo: 7:07pm On Jun 12, 2020
Mkenya2019:
Show me one building that has stalled for lack of finances. Most stall because of lack of approval and court case. Nairobi you have to first get approval and then residence are allowed to object. And then land title issues.

It's not due to lack of finance..it's just that investors are not willing to invest now that your real estate sector is down coupled with this pandemic and fear on the fact that your govt won't work towards rebounding the Economy post covid19 but focus more on the coming election where most funds would be diverted to...expect to hear more stories on stolen budgets and loans..

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samorobo: 7:09pm On Jun 12, 2020
Shma:
I have a boomshell of them..
No. 1
First,Construction has been confirmed to be ongoing and ZJCC being the Contractor has moved to site.
No.2
New gate by ZJCC has been fixed, this shows things are about to boom.
No3
The green safety net is visible but accessing the site is quite difficult.
The project will take 3years to completion.

Lol.i knew you were going to bring this particular images up...nigga construction haven't started..where are the cranes,the workers, e.t.c

2 Likes

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 7:10pm On Jun 12, 2020
Mkenya2019:
You have to understand Nairobi. Towards Karen and Nairobi national park - land size get bigger. Karen for long term land size were so huge people kept cattle and sheep.

Now Rongai I think the minimum you can buy is 1/4 of an acre - most plots are 1/2 and toward Karen - even 1 acre minimum.

In nearly every part of Nairobi or Kenya - there is always a slum in a corner of every estate - for workers in those posh estate - I am talking maids, gardeners, etc to live in - most of them start illegally in valleys and nooks - or in small shopping center where gov allows high-density building - you find 10 floors of single rooms.

30k for an acre is expensive but very cheap compare to other places.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Wuoche: 7:11pm On Jun 12, 2020
samorobo:

Lol.i knew you were going to bring this particular images up...nigga construction haven't started..where are the cranes,the workers, e.t.c
I`ll show you the workers tomorrow during the day. Right now it`s dark down there the webcam won`t show anytghing.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Mkenya2019: 7:13pm On Jun 12, 2020
Most houses in Nairobi are still being sold off-plan. Nigerian such concepts probably doesn't exist. In Nairobi proper - finance is never an issue. I don't know one single project in Nairobi proper that has stalled for lack of money.

Getting approval in Nairobi is no joke.

First, you need to convince Nairobi county - and then worse the residence in that area will object.

Good example is Cyton 3 towers in Kilimani - it's face opposition and is now dead.

Nairobi has no virgin land - most of it - you have to tear down an old building.

samorobo:

It's not due to lack of finance..it's just that investors are not willing to invest now that your real estate sector is down coupled with this pandemic and fear on the fact that your govt won't work towards rebounding the Economy post covid19 but focus more on the coming election where most funds would be diverted to...expect to hear more stories on stolen budgets and loans..

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Wuoche: 7:14pm On Jun 12, 2020
Nairobi

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by samorobo: 7:15pm On Jun 12, 2020
Rvp you can see this...This is a planned residential neighbourhood for Average port Harcourt residents..you can see the planning,tree planting, greenery, traffic signs,modern bus stops(your kids can take a seat while they await their school bus) you just name it..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie3x8aHvhb0
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Wuoche: 7:16pm On Jun 12, 2020
Westend Mall Kisumu

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Roan7: 7:18pm On Jun 12, 2020
samorobo:

He is a sick piece of shiit...he is bitter cos he can't believe a day will come Nigeria will lecture them on a more better rail...lol

He's mad because Nigeria overtook them as the biggest economy in Africa, many years ago, and also mad because Nigeria usurp them as African biggest valued brand, and now he can't still believe we have beaten them on more better train, all these are behind his bitterness and jealousy towards Nigeria.
He feel threaten, but we are not done yet.
But we good fam, the more they hate, the more we grow.
Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Mkenya2019: 7:18pm On Jun 12, 2020
Another one that has face approval upheaval are these crazy Italian who want to build skyscrapers in Malindi. The approval has been granted but the resident have gone to court to block it.

In Kenya getting all approval is not a joke.

I have a plot in Nairobi I have to wait for neighbors to retire from big gov position before I apply for a change of user...for now they would block me at the first stage.

1 Like

Re: Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie) by Just30: 7:18pm On Jun 12, 2020
Accra

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7847) (7848) (7849) (7850) (7851) (7852) (7853) ... (9933)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.